Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues (2877 Views)

Mention Any Car Issues You Are Currently Experiencing And We'll Help You Solve I / Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hello car users,

I can help you find a lasting solution to that evasive and stubborn fault on your vehicle. I'm not promising it'll be instant, but I can assure you I know professionals better suited to handle all kinds of faults.

I've been in the automotive industry for over 9 years now, and if anyone can relate with the struggles of car users, it's me.

I've worked with both local and world class mechanics. I've seen all kinds of stubborn and complicated faults. I've seen people abandon their vehicles forever at a mechanic's workshop for different reasons. I've seen very expensive vehicles get sold for scrap because of one funny fault or the other.

Well, I can connect you with a good technician if you find yourself in this kind of situation anytime. I will personally diagnose the vehicle before recommending a suitable technician.

Let's help you ease your worries on your car. It can still serve you. We understand it's mentally draining fixing one fault over and over without any result, but don't give up.

Let's talk.

NB: Strictly for Lagos residents and towns nearby. Also, this is an open car thread. Other technicians are free to contribute their knowledge on here and even correct me when necessary.

2 Likes

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by Tonnierichy(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2023
This is good.

1 Like

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
Tonnierichy:
This is good.
๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

We are also on Facebook

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:09am On Nov 02, 2023
An ailing vehicle can ruin your finances. We can help prevent that.

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by Brainy007: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
Where's your location in Lagos please
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
Brainy007:
Where's your location in Lagos please
Ikeja.

But I can get to you anywhere you are. Location shouldn't be a problem sir. You can also send me a direct message for convenience.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by Brainy007: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
AutoConsult:

Ikeja.

But I can get to you anywhere you are. Location shouldn't be a problem sir. You can also send me a direct message for convenience.
Please check your email.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2023
Happy Sunday to you allโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‡
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by Pmedia7787: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2023
AutoConsult:
Hello car users,

I can help you find a lasting solution to that evasive and stubborn fault on your vehicle. I'm not promising it'll be instant, but I can assure you I know professionals better suited to handle all kinds of faults.

I've been in the automotive industry for over 9 years now, and if anyone can relate with the struggles of car users, it's me.

I've worked with both local and world class mechanics. I've seen all kinds of stubborn and complicated faults. I've seen people abandon their vehicles forever at a mechanic's workshop for different reasons. I've seen very expensive vehicles get sold for scrap because of one funny fault or the other.

Well, I can connect you with a good technician if you find yourself in this kind of situation anytime. I will personally diagnose the vehicle before recommending a suitable technician.

Let's help you ease your worries on your car. It can still serve you. We understand it's mentally draining fixing one fault over and over without any result, but don't give up.

Let's talk.

NB: Strictly for Lagos residents and towns nearby. Also, this is an open car thread. Other technicians are free to contribute their knowledge on here and even correct me when necessary.

You said stubborn car faults

Which brand of cars do you deal with

Where is your workshop
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2023
Pmedia7787:

You said stubborn car faults

Which brand of cars do you deal with

Where is your workshop
Yes. Stubborn.

I don't have a workshop sir, and I have no intentions of having one in the near future. I'm just a freelance Automotive consultant.

Also, I handle all brands of car. Once I'm briefed on the behavior of your car, I'll know if there's need to set up a meeting with a 'specified' technician or not. Some times, seeing the vehicle won't be necessary.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by Pmedia7787: 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2023
AutoConsult:

Yes. Stubborn.

I don't have a workshop sir, and I have no intentions of having one in the near future. I'm just a freelance Automotive consultant.

Also, I handle all brands of car. Once I'm briefed on the behavior of your car, I'll know if there's need to set up a meeting with a 'specified' technician or not. Some times, seeing the vehicle won't be necessary.

Ok when set

Will bring my Audi A4 2008 which I have parked for the last 3 months engine still works

Hopefully by early December,as I am based in ib
I know you said Lagos,
But for real,
Since it's freelance,I can get an hotel for you, for a trial on this car

Currently, brake issues..not working
Car jerks. All the fuel system has been checked,
But make I make small money before I call
Hope we have a deal
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2023
Pmedia7787:

Ok when set

Will bring my Audi A4 2008 which I have parked for the last 3 months engine still works

Hopefully by early December,as I am based in ib
I know you said Lagos,
But for real,
Since it's freelance,I can get an hotel for you, for a trial on this car

Currently, brake issues..not working
Car jerks. All the fuel system has been checked,
But make I make small money before I call
Hope we have a deal

Okay sir. That's not a problem.

I'll expect your call.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:37am On Nov 06, 2023
It's a beautiful Monday. Sun's up and dealing with drivers that don't have AC๐Ÿ˜‚. No shades.

Well let's talk about that vehicle that's taking all your money๐Ÿ˜ซ This December can still be detty with it.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by inyangd4: 10:25am On Nov 07, 2023
Pls I need your input concerning my car.

1) My fuel cap light doesn't turn ON even when the fuel cap is removed.

2) when driving with the AC ON, after like 30mins, they car won't accelerate even when the gas pedal is pressed down completely. But with AC OFF, the car flies!
(FYI, it's a tork engine; 2012 mazda 3)
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by kelvinmnet(m): 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2023
point 1 may be caused by a bad fuse. check the fuse box to identify the fuse responsible for the fuel cap indication.
point 2 may be caused by a couple of factors like weak fuel pump having low pressure or dirty fuel pump filter, low idle, etc.

You can scan the vehicle for possible error codes so you don't spend unnecessarily.

inyangd4:

2) when driving with the AC ON, after like 30mins, they car won't accelerate even when the gas pedal is pressed down completely. But with AC OFF, the car flies!

1 Like

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2023
inyangd4:

Good day to you sir.

As my oga above has rightly said, the first complaint could be as a result of a damaged fuse. I could have suggested that the fuel inlet seal be checked for possible damage/damages, but I believe a worn fuel inlet seal should only trigger the light to come on even when closed, so the fuse is the most likely culprit.

About the second complaint, I think the first thing you need to do is diagnose the vehicle. But look into all the likely reasons the technician above listed first. There's a very high chance your answer is in one or two of them.

I'll also love to know if any performance tunning was done on the vehicle recently, and what the repair/tunning was about.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by inyangd4: 3:40am On Nov 10, 2023
No tuning has been done.

I have checked but there is no burnt fuse.
I will scan the car and come back to you.

Many thanks

AutoConsult:

Good day to you sir.

As my oga above has rightly said, the first complaint could be as a result of a damaged fuse. I could have suggested that the fuel inlet seal be checked for possible damage/damages, but I believe a worn fuel inlet seal should only trigger the light to come on even when closed, so the fuse is the most likely culprit.

About the second complaint, I think the first thing you need to do is diagnose the vehicle. But look into all the likely reasons the technician above listed first. There's a very high chance your answer is in one or two of them.

I'll also love to know if any performance tunning was done on the vehicle recently, and what the repair/tunning was about.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 10:14am On Nov 10, 2023
inyangd4:
No tuning has been done.

I have checked but there is no burnt fuse.
I will scan the car and come back to you.

Many thanks

Okay sir. I expect your feedback.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2023
We are still in the business
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by berbs112(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2023
Good Day boss. I drive an Honda Accord 04. The car has been burning a lot of fuel, guzzling fuel like the diety ๐Ÿคฃ.

Nozzles checked, and one that was deemed bad was replaced, plugs are good, I changed the MAF sensor, I changed the fuel pump at a time because I notice mild jerking sometimes during acceleration and when I release the throttle and press again, the jerking will stop, after changing the fuel pump to a new pump the jerking still occurs and still guzzling fuel, I decided to get a tokunbo complete fuel pump system, the jerking and fuel guzzling still persists.

I scanned the car because the check engine light was on, the only code that I have is P0010 (camshaft position Actuator) I have replaced the sensor without any effect the check engine light is still on. My rewired cleaned both the old and new still the check engine light is still there, what can I do? I use the same car for e-hailing and it's not been funny and I'm low on cash at the moment.

What can I do?

Thank you.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2023
berbs112:
Good Day boss. I drive an Honda Accord 04. The car has been burning a lot of fuel, guzzling fuel like the diety ๐Ÿคฃ.

Nozzles checked, and one that was deemed bad was replaced, plugs are good, I changed the MAF sensor, I changed the fuel pump at a time because I notice mild jerking sometimes during acceleration and when I release the throttle and press again, the jerking will stop, after changing the fuel pump to a new pump the jerking still occurs and still guzzling fuel, I decided to get a tokunbo complete fuel pump system, the jerking and fuel guzzling still persists.

I scanned the car because the check engine light was on, the only code that I have is P0010 (camshaft position Actuator) I have replaced the sensor without any effect the check engine light is still on. My rewired cleaned both the old and new still the check engine light is still there, what can I do? I use the same car for e-hailing and it's not been funny and I'm low on cash at the moment.

What can I do?

Thank you.

Okay this is a serious one.

First of all, I commend you for all the efforts you've made so far. I know all those troubleshooting you mentioned didn't come cheap.

Now, talking of check engine light on a Honda Accord, I personally don't pay much attention to it. Just a about anything can trigger a check engine light on that brand of Honda.

Even when you eventually find the solution to the jerking and fuel consumption, the check engine light might not go off, or maybe go off and return in just two days. It's a good thing you've scanned the vehicle for codes and have addressed the fault it suggested.

I'm confident though that the fault the scanner revealed is not the real culprit here.

For the fuel consumption, I'll first ask you what engine model you use, and what oil number you use for servicing(An unlikely cause but important).

Now, there's a possibility that whatever is causing the fuel consumption is also what is making the car to jerk. Troubleshooting a Honda Accord for this kind of fault can be very tricky.

One of the coils or injectors could be misfiring, and a scanner might be unable to detect it (speaking from experience).
In this type of situation, I always advise an owner to change the entire fuel injectors at once.

One of the coils could also be the problem. Most of the time, a coil on that vehicle don't get damaged at once. They deteriorate over time, and refuse to be detected by a scanner. I'll advise you have a mechanic test new certified-okay coils on the vehicle.

Please, you should also check your air filter. I want to believe it has been checked though. If not, please do. It might be too dirty.

Also, I sincerely hope the housing of your fuel pump and filter is not dirty. That thing messes up with the fuel injectors. No matter how many times you change injectors, they'll continue to get clogged up and eventually die off. Get thinner to clean it up. Fuel treatment might not be sufficient.

Lastly, your problem might be with the brainbox. No user loves to hear this, but it is what it is. When situations like excessive fuel consumption arises, and all ideas have been exhausted, it's the brainbox we turn to.

I hope this helps for now.

I await your feedback.

1 Like

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by berbs112(m): 6:00am On Nov 11, 2023
AutoConsult:

Okay this is a serious one.

First of all, I commend you for all the efforts you've made so far. I know all those troubleshooting you mentioned didn't come cheap.

Now, talking of check engine light on a Honda Accord, I personally don't pay much attention to it. Just a about anything can trigger a check engine light on that brand of Honda.

Even when you eventually find the solution to the jerking and fuel consumption, the check engine light might not go off, or maybe go off and return in just two days. It's a good thing you've scanned the vehicle for codes and have addressed the fault it suggested.

I'm confident though that the fault the scanner revealed is not the real culprit here.

For the fuel consumption, I'll first ask you what engine model you use, and what oil number you use for servicing(An unlikely cause but important).

Now, there's a possibility that whatever is causing the fuel consumption is also what is making the car to jerk. Troubleshooting a Honda Accord for this kind of fault can be very tricky.

One of the coils or injectors could be misfiring, and a scanner might be unable to detect it (speaking from experience).
In this type of situation, I always advise an owner to change the entire fuel injectors at once.

One of the coils could also be the problem. Most of the time, a coil on that vehicle don't get damaged at once. They deteriorate over time, and refuse to be detected by a scanner. I'll advise you have a mechanic test new certified-okay coils on the vehicle.

Please, you should also check your air filter. I want to believe it has been checked though. If not, please do. It might be too dirty.

Also, I sincerely hope the housing of your fuel pump and filter is not dirty. That thing messes up with the fuel injectors. No matter how many times you change injectors, they'll continue to get clogged up and eventually die off. Get thinner to clean it up. Fuel treatment might not be sufficient.

Lastly, your problem might be with the brainbox. No user loves to hear this, but it is what it is. When situations like excessive fuel consumption arises, and all ideas have been exhausted, it's the brainbox we turn to.

I hope this helps for now.

I await your feedback.

Thank you so much for taking your time to analyze the situation for me. It's quite helpful and eye opening.

The engine is 4 plugs engine if that answers the question about engine type.

I agree with you regarding the check engine light not correlating to the fuel consumption. I use Mobil 5w30 for servicing although the engine oil cap have 5w20.

I will try and raise funds to have all injectors replaced and coils checked and replaced if possible.

I forgot to add in my earlier message that I also replaced the air filter.

The fuel pump housing is clean, the filter is also clean. I don't know if it will be wise to replace the ECU at this time ๐Ÿ˜ข because that might be quite expensive โ˜น๏ธ. I'm thinking of starting over from the injectors and the coil then probably purchase a new complete fuel pump along with housing if changing all nozzles and coil doesn't solve the issue.

Thanks you again for your response, I really appreciate.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2023
berbs112:

Thank you so much for taking your time to analyze the situation for me. It's quite helpful and eye opening.

The engine is 4 plugs engine if that answers the question about engine type.

I agree with you regarding the check engine light not correlating to the fuel consumption. I use Mobil 5w30 for servicing although the engine oil cap have 5w20.

I will try and raise funds to have all injectors replaced and coils checked and replaced if possible.

I forgot to add in my earlier message that I also replaced the air filter.

The fuel pump housing is clean, the filter is also clean. I don't know if it will be wise to replace the ECU at this time ๐Ÿ˜ข because that might be quite expensive โ˜น๏ธ. I'm thinking of starting over from the injectors and the coil then probably purchase a new complete fuel pump along with housing if changing all nozzles and coil doesn't solve the issue.

Thanks you again for your response, I really appreciate.

Alright.

Now, for the oil, switch to Total Quartz 5000, 20w-50. The type you are using will stress your engine out. Hondas don't tolerate mismatch of oil.

When you can, do the full injector overhaul, and leave the fuel pump for now. If the fuel compartment is as clean as you say, then the pump should be fine.

It'll be great if you can find a mechanic that can help you test different certified-working injectors on the vehicle for a little fee, but buying the complete four shouldn't cost you more than 10k, but it'll be great if it can be done for way less. It's always painful to spend so much and not still get results.

Let me know what changes you notice when these things are done.

Have a great weekend sir.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by berbs112(m): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2023
AutoConsult:

Alright.

Now, for the oil, switch to Total Quartz 5000, 20w-50. The type you are using will stress your engine out. Hondas don't tolerate mismatch of oil.

When you can, do the full injector overhaul, and leave the fuel pump for now. If the fuel compartment is as clean as you say, then the pump should be fine.

It'll be great if you can find a mechanic that can help you test different certified-working injectors on the vehicle for a little fee, but buying the complete four shouldn't cost you more than 10k, but it'll be great if it can be done for way less. It's always painful to spend so much and not still get results.

Let me know what changes you notice when these things are done.

Have a great weekend sir.

Will do all that and definitely get back to you. I am believing that will solve the situation. Thank you so much sir. I am very grateful ๐Ÿ˜
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
berbs112:

Will do all that and definitely get back to you. I am believing that will solve the situation. Thank you so much sir. I am very grateful ๐Ÿ˜
You are always welcome sir.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:14am On Nov 27, 2023
We are open for business. Have a great week ahead.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:39am On Nov 28, 2023
There's a solution to every car fault. Let's look into yours.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 10:32am On Dec 04, 2023
Tell us your car fault today
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2023
Stubborn car faults need stubborn technician. One must bend for the other. Be rest assured I'll win that battle. Contact me now.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by inyangd4: 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
inyangd4:

Hello Sir,
I have scanned the car, cleared the codes and scanned again.

Attached is the latest codes.

The car acceleration doesn't respond quick enough.
I am not comfortable with the fuel consumption.

Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
inyangd4:

Hello Sir,
I have scanned the car, cleared the codes and scanned again.

Attached is the latest codes.

The car acceleration doesn't respond quick enough.
I am not comfortable with the fuel consumption.

It appears you have a problem with your oxygen sensor, the one just after your catalytic converter. But I think I might need to see this vehicle myself, if that's fine with you.

Some vehicles can work smoothly with a faulty oxygen sensor, while some will misbehave a lot.
Re: We Find Lasting Solutions To Tricky And Stubborn Car Issues by AutoConsult: 9:05am On Dec 06, 2023
What's the problem with your vehicle? Talk to us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ATF And Engine Oil For Lexus Rx300 / How Possible Is It To Convert Manual Gear Cars To Automatic? / Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.