Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (179269 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2016
You've cancelled out all my suspects. cheesy cheesy

I think it's Blessing. she fits all criteria. Finger crossed, though. But now that everyone is saying blessing i'm sure you would just bring a new character out of the blue...(like the security man's sister)... cheesy

Well, i'm waiting for your next update to know if its blessing or a new character.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 07, 2016
Awwwnnn..skarlett is bursting my brain aswear... my 3rd dedication!!.. I must pop something oh cheesy grin

Back to the story, a bar of soap?? shocked shocked.. . Some people are just plain wicked, i swear embarassed embarassed

I can't even guess who the killer is cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 07, 2016
swann:
You've cancelled out all my suspects. cheesy cheesy

I think it's Blessing. she fits all criteria. Finger crossed, though. But now that everyone is saying blessing i'm sure you would just bring a new character out of the blue...(like the security man's sister)... cheesy

Well, i'm waiting for your next update to know if its blessing or a new character.
I tell you grin

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 8:12am On Nov 07, 2016
The killer might actually be Blessing since she has access to the house and she might be in love with Dayo but couldn't tell him because he's her boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by AJvine(m): 8:22am On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmm loving the suspense of the story. Keep it coming.....Tnx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by LovelyUdy: 8:36am On Nov 07, 2016
skarlett:

Sorry dear, that was Dayo not Tunji, I hope its clearer o.
Yes dear, I saw the correction. Hmn! The whole picture is getting very clear now. The gentle, quiet and friendly enemy within.
Reminds me of one Sam Dede's film I watched years back, "mission to nowhere".

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Oly23(f): 9:19am On Nov 07, 2016
Jesu Christi this story is bursting my brain at first I thought the killer was Omotola was almost sure about it when Omotola beat up Feyi but just as is akin to Skarlett to twist the story around to be honest I don't even suspect any one for all I know it could be detective Ehis embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by ADECULATE(f): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2016
Oly23:
Jesu Christi this story is bursting my brain at first I thought the killer was Omotola was almost sure about it when Omotola beat up Feyi but just as is akin to Skarlett to twist the story around to be honest I don't even suspect any one for all I know it could be detective Ehis embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
lol detective Ehis ke, i tink its blessing. Bt kiping my fingers cross sha cus at anytime nw madam skarlett will jst cum nd twist d untwistable nw

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebayo201: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2016
Everybody just dey find suspect upandan...
My own suspect is Buhari embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2016
Skarlett it's noon already
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
adebriana:
Ska rlett it's noon already

I'm here now dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by mhisbliss(f): 1:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
high time, oya someone get me my reading glasses cool
Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
skarlett:

I'm here now dear
Yay... Finally

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Khutie: 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
Making people
believe the
unbelievable is no
trick; it’s work. …
Belief and reader
absorption come in
the details.

To defend what
you’ve written is a
sign that you are
the best. I love the way you explain things in details to your confused readers.

Skarlett baby, the dinner offer is still on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nelsizzy(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
skarlett:

I'm here now dear
Thanks for the dedication. I really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
Dedicated to dominique, yormhienerd, swann, csamii, debonairprinx, lovelyudy, oly23, mhisbliss, khutie, adebriana and adeculate

Twenty-one

“When we arrived on the murder scene,” Detective Ehis addressed Feyi and Tunji, “we saw some bruising on her neck and aside from that and a bloody cu.nt, we couldn’t understand what had led to her death until the autopsy showed a bar of soap was stuck in her throat.”

“Was it stuck or shoved in?”

“I know where you’re getting at Mr. Tunji and no the deceased did not commit suicide, someone actually forced a bar of soap down her throat, blocking her airways and leading to her death.”

“Oh my God! What a gruesome way to die,” Feyi said appalled.

“You can say that again. When we came and saw her lying naked, we thought it was rape gone wrong because even her vagina looked swollen and a little bloody.”

“Christ!” It was Tunji this time, “You thought, as in past tense?”

“Yes indeed we thought so, until security footage at her place of work saw her leaving with her boss a few hours before her murder. Apparently they had both engaged in a bizarre form of sexual practice that involved the deceased, wiping her cu.nt…pardon my language Mrs. Afolabi,” at her nod he continued, “with bleach to remove any form of vaginal lubrication. In local parlance, her and her lover Mr. Seyi Lawal had consensual dry sex.”

“Son I don’t understand any of this,” a panicked Dr. Seyi addressed his son who had been driving him around for almost an hour. He had been frightened by his son’s surprising appearance at the hospital with the intimidating man who was seated beside him now.

“You will understand soon father,” Seyi said without sparing his father a glance. Nobody spoke until they got to the two bedroom apartment that was Saliu’s apartment. “Here.” He pulled the car to the side of the street and killed the engine.

“What is this place?” Dr. Seyi asked glancing around fearfully at the run down buildings and deserted roads as Saliu pushed him along.

“It is where I kill you, dad.”

“Oh my God, that’s horrible,” Feyi said disgusted. Tunji laid an arm on her shoulder and she leaned in on him. “I would never have thought, never have imagined he could do such a thing.”

“Well, sometimes people acquire weird exotic tastes. Apparently Mr. Seyi and her usually experimented with some of these sexual practices so it was consensual.

“The investigation was considered closed when nothing was found linking him to the murder and there was no substantial testimony from neighbors. Apparently nobody had seen the deceased with anyone prior to her death. She didn’t have many enemies both from her work place and compound because she was a nice person. Nobody had anything bad to say about her.”

“But why do you think Omotola could be her killer?”

The detective smiled at Feyi’s question. “Actually I don’t, she was heartbroken at her sister’s death and had been too shocked to even cover the nak.ed body. She looked totally devastated and only a talented actress could have pulled off her act that day. However, she’s yet to tell us why she was found in Dr. Lily’s room and why she attacked you.”

“I think we should call her in,” Tunji said. “She said she’s ready to give a confession.”

A sergeant was called to get Omotola from her cell. They both arrived later and a seat was given to her.

Tunji was the one who addressed her, “Tola, the detective would like to know what you were doing in Dr. Lily’s room and why you attacked my wife.”

“I saw the story of the body that was found in Feyi’s boot in the newspapers, the surname of the woman was what drew my attention and the hopes I’d tried to stifle was resurrected. I went to see if it was really my mother. I was just discovering she was the one when Feyi came in. I thought she wanted to hurt her.”

“Wow, that’s serious and I thought you wanted to hurt her.”

Detective Ehis looked at Omotola uncomfortably. “I think there’s someone or something we’re overlooking in all of this.”

Blessing Adeolu smiled sweetly at the child care giver as she came into the daycare.

“You’re early today Blessing,” the fifty year old Mrs Ali that ran the daycare told her.

“Ah yes, lectures ended earlier than I expected today.”

“Oh okay, Tomiwa is sleeping in the nursery, he has been so quiet and withdrawn throughout today. Well who could blame him, with all that’s going on in the family, I just feel for the poor boy.”

Blessing tried to keep her smile in place as she nodded calmly to the woman.

“Well how is your madam holding up with all that’s happening?”

Blessing tried her best to hide her impatience, “she’s fine. Everything is almost returning back to normal,” she said going into the nursery.

“Oh that’s good. I imagine it must have been horrible to find an unconscious body in your boot.”

“Yes I guess so,” Blessing replied picking up Tomiwa’s sleeping form. A few minutes more of gathering his things and enduring Mrs Ali chatter and she was out of the daycare. She flagged a taxi when she got out of the compound. The sleeping Tomiwa did not realize it yet but he was her ticket out of everything.

She was going to start over in another city and state, probably have a new beginning somewhere far away. Tomiwa and the twenty million naira ransom she placed on his head was the key.

“Seyi, you’ve got this whole thing wrong, I’m telling you I didn’t kill anybody,” Dr. Lawal said as Seyi’s henchman bound him to a chair. Seyi didn’t seem to have heard him and instead circled them the way a vulture might, from a calculating distance. He had a gleam in his eyes that sent shivers down his father spine.

“Even during the last moments of your life, I see you’ve refused to repent, well have it your way, Saliu!”

Dr. Seyi struggled to think, to understand what tactic he could use to get himself out of the situation. He was so lost in thoughts, he didn’t see it coming, large hands enclosed his testicles and squeezed. “Arrrgh!”

“Harder Saliu, harder!”

“Arrrrgh!” he groaned in agony as his eyes watered, Saliu released his grip on his dick at that moment. “P-please son,” he blubbered. “Please, I-I’ll talk. I’ll give you anything, I’ll tell you anything.”

Seyi stopped circling and regarded him solemnly, “alright. Why did you kill Ifeoluwa Martins?”

“Ifeoluwa?” he was mildly shocked, the name rang a bell. “I don’t know anyone that goes by that name, I swear.”

“Yes of course, you can swear now but let me refresh your brain since you seem to be suffering from temporary amnesia. She’s the woman I loved, the one I wanted to marry when you and Coco were match making me with Feyi. She’s the one you warned me to stay off from. The one that bleeped you to get back at me, remember her now?”

Recognition marred Dr. Seyi’s features as he recalled the young lady his son had been accused of killing. It was amazing how his brain could still function with the bitter agony he was feeling in his groin.

“I didn’t kill her Seyi, why would I kill her? Me and your mother wanted you to end up with Feyi but I would never have gone to such lengths…”

“Don’t you dare call Coco Lawal my mother, I know I’m the bastard son of the teenage maid you raped. I know Coco’s child is Folu and not me.”

“How did you…”

“How did I find out? You’re shocked aren’t you? But God works in mysterious ways. Out of the homeless women that live under Maroko bridge I had to hit only one who when she recovered told me the story of how she was maltreated by her former boss and his wife. You put my mother in a nuthouse after taking away her son!”

Dr. Seyi was trembling all over, “I’m sorry son, I can explain…” he didn’t recognize the thin voice as his.

“Saliu!”

Tbc

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nelsizzy:
Thanks for the dedication. I really appreciate it

You're welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
Khutie:
Making people
believe the
unbelievable is no
trick; it’s work. …
Belief and reader
absorption come in
the details.

To defend what
you’ve written is a
sign that you are
the best. I love the way you explain things in details to your confused readers.

Skarl ett baby, the dinner offer is still on.

Thank you sweetie, whenever I'm in Owerri, I'll take you up on your offer wink
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
mhisbliss:
high time, oya someone get me my reading glasses cool

Welcome sugar, sorry about the ban
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
adebayo201:
Everybody just dey find suspect upandan...

My own suspect is Buhari embarassed

grin grin grin

You're a very funny sumborry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by mhisbliss(f): 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
skarlett:

Welcome sugar, sorry about the ban
thanks dear, i dont care about the ban as long as it doesn't stop me from visiting nairaland and reading your piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by adebriana(f): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
Thanks for the dedication dear... Wonderful update as usual. So I guess my hunch about Blessing was right (fingers crossed). So I've gotten three dedications now, so flattered *dancing*

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by mhisbliss(f): 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2016
oh my God i cant decide who's more devilish between seyi or mr lawal, i gat chills when i read the torture part, yikes so real like it ain't fiction, please skarlett don't let anything happen to that little tomiwa, why are they all becoming monsters, i hope she's caught before she can escape, thanks for the dedication, its an honor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
mhisbliss:
oh my God i cant decide who's more devilish between seyi or mr lawal, i gat chills when i read the torture part, yikes so real like it ain't fiction, please skarle tt don't let anything happen to that little tomiwa, why are they all becoming monsters, i hope she's caught before she can escape, thanks for the dedication, its an honor

I think we're getting to meet the real villains in the story. You're welcome dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Aitee1: 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
skarlett:

I think we're getting to meet the real villains in the story. You're welcome dear.

You sha can twist a story for Africa and your suspense is superb. One thing I like about your updates is they're always long and worth it keep up the good work but stop killing people in each update like bibijay123 tongue
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
Aitee1:

You sha can twist a story for Africa and your suspense is superb. One thing I like about your updates is they're always long and worth it keep up the good work but stop killing people in each update like bibija y123 tongue

grin grin grin okay ma

Thank you
Re: Hearts In Ashes by LovelyUdy: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
skarlett:
Dedicated to dominique, yormhienerd, swann, csamii, debonairprinx, lovelyudy, oly23, mhisbliss, khutie, adebriana and adelaculate

Twenty-one

“When we arrived on the murder scene,” Detective Ehis addressed Feyi and Tunji, “we saw some bruising on her neck and aside from that and a bloody cu.nt, we couldn’t understand what had led to her death until the autopsy showed a bar of soap was stuck in her throat.”

“Was it stuck or shoved in?”

“I know where you’re getting at Mr. Tunji and no the deceased did not commit suicide, someone actually forced a bar of soap down her throat, blocking her airways and leading to her death.”

“Oh my God! What a gruesome way to die,” Feyi said appalled.

“You can say that again. When we came and saw her lying naked, we thought it was rape gone wrong because even her vagina looked swollen and a little bloody.”

“Christ!” It was Tunji this time, “You thought, as in past tense?”

“Yes indeed we thought so, until security footage at her place of work saw her leaving with her boss a few hours before her murder. Apparently they had both engaged in a bizarre form of sexual practice that involved the deceased, wiping her cu.nt…pardon my language Mrs. Afolabi,” at her nod he continued, “with bleach to remove any form of vaginal lubrication. In local parlance, her and her lover Mr. Seyi Lawal had consensual dry sex.”

“Son I don’t understand any of this,” a panicked Dr. Seyi addressed his son who had been driving him around for almost an hour. He had been frightened by his son’s surprising appearance at the hospital with the intimidating man who was seated beside him now.

“You will understand soon father,” Seyi said without sparing his father a glance. Nobody spoke until they got to the two bedroom apartment that was Saliu’s apartment. “Here.” He pulled the car to the side of the street and killed the engine.

“What is this place?” Dr. Seyi asked glancing around fearfully at the run down buildings and deserted roads as Saliu pushed him along.

“It is where I kill you, dad.”

“Oh my God, that’s horrible,” Feyi said disgusted. Tunji laid an arm on her shoulder and she leaned in on him. “I would never have thought, never have imagined he could do such a thing.”

“Well, sometimes people acquire weird exotic tastes. Apparently Mr. Seyi and her usually experimented with some of these sexual practices so it was consensual.

“The investigation was considered closed when nothing was found linking him to the murder and there was no substantial testimony from neighbors. Apparently nobody had seen the deceased with anyone prior to her death. She didn’t have many enemies both from her work place and compound because she was a nice person. Nobody had anything bad to say about her.”

“But why do you think Omotola could be her killer?”

The detective smiled at Feyi’s question. “Actually I don’t, she was heartbroken at her sister’s death and had been too shocked to even cover the nak.ed body. She looked totally devastated and only a talented actress could have pulled off her act that day. However, she’s yet to tell us why she was found in Dr. Lily’s room and why she attacked you.”

“I think we should call her in,” Tunji said. “She said she’s ready to give a confession.”

A sergeant was called to get Omotola from her cell. They both arrived later and a seat was given to her.

Tunji was the one who addressed her, “Tola, the detective would like to know what you were doing in Dr. Lily’s room and why you attacked my wife.”

“I saw the story of the body that was found in Feyi’s boot in the newspapers, the surname of the woman was what drew my attention and the hopes I’d tried to stifle was resurrected. I went to see if it was really my mother. I was just discovering she was the one when Feyi came in. I thought she wanted to hurt her.”

“Wow, that’s serious and I thought you wanted to hurt her.”

Detective Ehis looked at Omotola uncomfortably. “I think there’s someone or something we’re overlooking in all of this.”

Blessing Adeolu smiled sweetly at the child care giver as she came into the daycare.

“You’re early today Blessing,” the fifty year old Mrs Ali that ran the daycare told her.

“Ah yes, lectures ended earlier than I expected today.”

“Oh okay, Tomiwa is sleeping in the nursery, he has been so quiet and withdrawn throughout today. Well who could blame him, with all that’s going on in the family, I just feel for the poor boy.”

Blessing tried to keep her smile in place as she nodded calmly to the woman.

“Well how is your madam holding up with all that’s happening?”

Blessing tried her best to hide her impatience, “she’s fine. Everything is almost returning back to normal,” she said going into the nursery.

“Oh that’s good. I imagine it must have been horrible to find an unconscious body in your boot.”

“Yes I guess so,” Blessing replied picking up Tomiwa’s sleeping form. A few minutes more of gathering his things and enduring Mrs Ali chatter and she was out of the daycare. She flagged a taxi when she got out of the compound. The sleeping Tomiwa did not realize it yet but he was her ticket out of everything.

She was going to start over in another city and state, probably have a new beginning somewhere far away. Tomiwa and the twenty million naira ransom she placed on his head was the key.

“Seyi, you’ve got this whole thing wrong, I’m telling you I didn’t kill anybody,” Dr. Lawal said as Seyi’s henchman bound him to a chair. Seyi didn’t seem to have heard him and instead circled them the way a vulture might, from a calculating distance. He had a gleam in his eyes that sent shivers down his father spine.

“Even during the last moments of your life, I see you’ve refused to repent, well have it your way, Saliu!”

Dr. Seyi struggled to think, to understand what tactic he could use to get himself out of the situation. He was so lost in thoughts, he didn’t see it coming, large hands enclosed his testicles and squeezed. “Arrrgh!”

“Harder Saliu, harder!”

“Arrrrgh!” he groaned in agony as his eyes watered, Saliu released his grip on his dick at that moment. “P-please son,” he blubbered. “Please, I-I’ll talk. I’ll give you anything, I’ll tell you anything.”

Seyi stopped circling and regarded him solemnly, “alright. Why did you kill Ifeoluwa Martins?”

“Ifeoluwa?” he was mildly shocked, the name rang a bell. “I don’t know anyone that goes by that name, I swear.”

“Yes of course, you can swear now but let me refresh your brain since you seem to be suffering from temporary amnesia. She’s the woman I loved, the one I wanted to marry when you and Coco were match making me with Feyi. She’s the one you warned me to stay off from. The one that bleeped you to get back at me, remember her now?”

Recognition marred Dr. Seyi’s features as he recalled the young lady his son had been accused of killing. It was amazing how his brain could still function with the bitter agony he was feeling in his groin.

“I didn’t kill her Seyi, why would I kill her? Me and your mother wanted you to end up with Feyi but I would never have gone to such lengths…”

“Don’t you dare call Coco Lawal my mother, I know I’m the bastard son of the teenage maid you raped. I know Coco’s child is Folu and not me.”

“How did you…”

“How did I find out? You’re shocked aren’t you? But God works in mysterious ways. Out of the homeless women that live under Maroko bridge I had to hit only one who when she recovered told me the story of how she was maltreated by her former boss and his wife. You put my mother in a nuthouse after taking away her son!”

Dr. Seyi was trembling all over, “I’m sorry son, I can explain…” he didn’t recognize the thin voice as his.

“Saliu!”

Tbc
Yipppeeee!! Second dedication! Thanks dear. You rock!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by bibijay123(f): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
Aitee1:

You sha can twist a story for Africa and your suspense is superb. One thing I like about your updates is they're always long and worth it keep up the good work but stop killing people in each update like bibijay123 tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by dominique(f): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
Thanks for the mention Skarl smiley
The mystery is starting to unravel now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Missmossy(f): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
This Blessing is evil, keep it coming skarlett. All of these won't bring back the dead Ife. More wisdom to you dear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Oly23(f): 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=skarlett post=50839280]Dedicated to dominique, yormhienerd, swann, csamii, debonairprinx, lovelyudy, oly23, mhisbliss, khutie, adebriana and adelaculate

OMG am so blushing right now!! I was mentioned! shocked cool cheesy thanks Skarlett kiss now to the story so I can actually now say or can I? Anyways my prime suspect is Blessing now! Skarlett may still come and do magic lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
dominique:
Thanks for the mention Skarl smiley
The mystery is starting to unravel now.

You are seeing Blessing ba grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.