Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (180712 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
adebriana:
So I was right, it's Omotola. Thanks for the update Skarlet

You're welcome dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by IfeAanu(f): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
This is breathe taking.
lovely work.
I love what I'm reading.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hah omotola

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by gentlebeeholar(f): 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Thanks for the mention n update. You're such a darling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by sirblero(m): 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
adebriana:
So I was right, it's Omotola. Thanks for the update Skarlett

I Thought As Much!!!
Keep Doing More Wonders@skarlett... #following Rill The Very End!
Re: Hearts In Ashes by goldenone(f): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
Wow!!! Great writer! keep up the good work!!! Well done!!!
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
sirblero:

I Thought As Much!!!
Keep Doing More Wonders@skarle tt... #following Rill The Very End!

grin grin

Thank you dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 05, 2016
Fingers crossed....

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 3:38am On Nov 05, 2016
arghhh skarlett oh... come and see how your update has given someone mini heart attack in the middle of the night grin grin....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by lumzybo: 6:29am On Nov 05, 2016
I knew it... omotola and Tunji are the badass murderer... I hope she won't hurt Feyi...

Officer pls come to feyi's rescue... cry

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2016
such an intriguing work..thanks for the dedication 'skarlett'..more updates,really in love with the story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 05, 2016
Eighteen

“What are you doing here?” Against her better judgement, Feyi stepped into the room, her gaze was dark with suspicion.

Omotola’s mouth was twisted in a sneer. “I should be asking you the same thing, did you come to finish off what you started?”

“What?”

“You heard me, haven’t you and your family caused me enough pain already?”

There was alarm building up in Feyi’s heart, Omotola seemed out of her mind. “I’m going to call the police,” she said turning to leave. She however miscalculated and didn’t anticipate Omotola’s attack from behind. She only felt the pain as her weave was grabbed by a fistful and used to yank her back. She whirled out of control and landed on the floor in a heap.

“No one does what you all did to me and gets away with it, no one!”

Feyi crawled away as she advanced. “You were dating my brother, weren’t you?”

Omotola’s smile was sinister, “I see you finally found out probably with his help. The bastard played me for so many years and I believed his lies hook, line and sinker. He used me and tossed me around like a toy, well karma is a fucking bitch.”

There was nowhere else to go as Feyi back bumped the wall. A split second later, Omotola’s hand whipped out and pulled on her long weave.

Feyi fought her with all her strength and no small amount of panic but she seemed not to get any direct hits at her. She couldn’t believe she was fighting with a pregnant teenager because her strength seemed superhuman. Omotola obviously bore a grudge with her brother and had obviously found out his true identity despite his lies. She was pleased with the misfortune that befell Stephanie, was she as callous to have killed Stephanie and attempted to kill Dr. Lily and frame her for it out of revenge?

Omotola slammed her body on the wall to stop her from fighting back. “One thing with you rich people is that you feel you’re demi gods, you can do whatever you like and get away with it.” Not done with torturing Feyi, she gave her arm a painful twist. “I think its high time, somebody taught you a lesson.”

The rest of her words were blotted out by the painful throb in Feyi’s head, she felt dizzy and weak. She pulled at her hair, increasing the pain so severely that she thought her hair would be pulled out of its roots.

Then, suddenly, inexplicably, she was free. She heard the pounding of feet in the room and suddenly felt her knees go weak. The policeman had come into the room in the company of someone else Feyi didn’t see from her position on the wall.

She trembled on her feet and almost fell to the floor had someone not reached out a hand for her.

“Feyi!”

Feyi smelt his cologne before she saw him through the filmy haze behind her eyes. Tunji rescued her, she thought before losing consciousness.

The darkness behind her eyelids thinned. Sensation prickled the hairs on her arm. Inside her head, she heard the beat of her heart—as loud and steady as a bass drum. That sacred rhythm called her back to life.

Her ears picked up other sounds. The shuffle of quiet footsteps. The creaking of a chair. A cough. Someone else was in the room with her.

The drumming increased.

Her eyelids opened—just a slit. Sunlight through the window blinds reflected off the white sheet that covered her supine body. An IV drip dangled on a metal pole.

“Feyi?” A deep voice called to her. “Feyi, are you awake?”

Feyi tried to move, tried to respond. Pain radiated from her scalp. She remembered her hair being pulled and twisted, whimpering like a baby as she was tormented mercilessly. She remembered…

A hand gripped her IV free hand tightly, “Fey...”

She recognized the voice of her husband. The father of Omotola’s child, Omotola the killer. She shot up from the bed immediately. “Omotola.”

“You’re awake, thank God,” he breathed. “Two spells of fainting in two days scared the sh.it out of me but the doctor said you’ll be fine and nothing’s happened to the baby.”

“Oh,” she said subconsciously placing her hand on her stomach, her baby was nestled comfortably there and untouched by any of the pain its mother seemed to be going through.

“I wanted to have a few words with the officers and get updated with Dr. Lily’s welfare. I saw your car at the lot and was alarmed when the officer downstairs said he hadn’t seen you coming in. We were right on time.”

She smiled a little at him but felt a lot of unease as she thought of Omotola. “Omotola is the killer, she hates my family and would do anything to see us come to ruin.”

“Don’t worry about that baby, she’s been arrested. Its all over.”

The pain in her head spiked again, threatening to drag Feyi back into peaceful unconsciousness. She licked her lips. Her mouth was parched. She needed water. The police had arrested Omotola, soon she would start talking about her involvement in Stephanie’s murder and her attempt at Dr. Lily’s life. Things seemed like they would be over soon just as her husband said but she had the nagging sense of foreboding as if she could see the future. As if she could see things were a long way from over.

Inside the stark interrogation room, Detective Ehis rubbed tired hands over his face and tried again. “You have no alibi, Omotola, for any of the murders. You attacked Feyi Afolabi and threatened to teach her a lesson because of what her brother did to you. You are Dayo Cole’s spurned and embittered ex, these are plenty reasons to get bitter and vengeful.”

“Yeah, right.” A sullen Omotola refused to look up from the white Formica table top. “I’ve told you detective, I didn’t kill anybody. You can twist and turn the tale however you like and use big words but I won’t confess to a crime I didn’t commit.”

Detective Ehis massaged his aching temple again. “It would be better for you to cooperate with us on this. You’re the younger sister of Ifeoluwa Martins, the young woman that was murdered three years ago. That case is still open.”

“Yes it is because you lot have failed to catch my sister’s murderer.”

“What if we’ve finally caught her?” Detective Ehis’ tone was deceptively gentle. “I was the one in charge of that investigation remember? And the last I checked you were the first on the murder scene, you were probably also the one who killed her.”

Omotola’s lips trembled open. “She was my elder sister,” she muttered with a blend of fear and annoyance. “I was only fifteen, what motive would I have for killing my sister?”

“That is what I would like to know because I put it to you that you’re the one responsible for her murder and the murder of Stephanie Coker, as well as the attempted murder of Dr. Lily.”

“I want to see Mr. Tunji and Feyi Afolabi. I will say nothing else until I see them.”

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2016
Dominique I was banned by anti spam bot, i sent a mail but it seems it didnt deliver, ejor epp me cry
Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2016
sophietosyneabou:
such an intriguing work..thanks for the dedication 'ska rlett'..more updates,really in love with the story

Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 10:02am On Nov 05, 2016
swann:
arghhh sk arlett oh... come and see how your update has given someone mini heart attack in the middle of the night grin grin....

Lol, don't have heart attack o cry

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by dominique(f): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2016
skalett:
Dominique I was banned by anti spam bot, i sent a mail but it seems it didnt deliver, ejor epp me cry

Unbanned. Pele dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2016
dominique:

Unbanned. Pele dear

Thanks a lot dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2016
Nineteen

The case seemed settled now Omotola was in police detention. Her arrest had made the news and caused a sensation because she was charged with the murder of Stephanie Coker and her own sister, Ifeoluwa Martins as well as the attempted murder on Dr. Lily’s life. Dr. Lily still hadn’t regained consciousness but the police thought her testimony unnecessary since Omotola had been arrested. It would only be a matter of time for her to confess to her crimes and be charged to court.

Otunba Gbenga had cause to call for another dinner with more stakeholders at his home two days later. Feyi hadn’t wanted to be present but her husband’s persistence ultimately wore her down. She dressed in a black Da Silva dress that encased her body like a second skin while Tunji was looking handsome on his dark suit and tie.

Upon entering the house, she took a cursory glance at the crowd and did a double take as her heart skipped a beat. Tunji didn’t miss her reaction and drew her closer to him.

“Are you all right?” he asked his brow knitting together in concern.

Ever since she’d been admitted to the hospital two days ago, his concern at her welfare had tripled and he was immediately on the defensive if she as much as felt a headache. “I’m fine honey,” I just saw someone I haven’t seen in years, she wanted to add but smiled lightly. “I’m all right, just a little tired.”

He cupped her face tenderly, “don’t worry baby, we’re only going to stay long enough for dinner and run back home,” he said.

Feyi smiled at him, “okay dear.”

They had arrived just in time for dinner and so didn’t go round meeting guests. Feyi sat beside her husband during dinner and only took an excuse to go to the bathroom when it was appropriate. On her return from the bathroom, she was accosted by the person who had made her nervous; Seyi Lawal.

“What did he say to you?”

Feyi set her jeweled purse on the dressing table and stepped out of her heels. Ever since Omotola had been arrested she had moved into his room which was only a door away from hers. Tunji had come upstairs to the bedroom ahead of her and had already undressed. He was on his pajamas and sitting on the side of their bed.

“Who?” she asked.

“Seyi Lawal, your ex I believe.”

“Oh, him.” She pulled the pins out of her hair and dropped them on the dressing table. “He just wanted to say hi and ask how I’m doing for old times sake.” Reaching behind her she tried to undo the clasp of the diamond necklace behind her neck. “Could you help me here please?”

Tunji left the bed and moved up behind her. He unfastened the clasp, then handed her the glittering Tiffany’s and placed his hands on her shoulders, massaging gently.

“For old times sake, that was all?”

“Hmmm,” Feyi nodded and enjoyed the sensation of his fingers on her shoulders.

The zipper at the back of her dress was long, it reached all the way down to the curve of her backside. Tunji smiled into the mirror as he watched her enjoying his massage with her eyes closed and pulled the zipper down. He pushed the dress to the floor and placed his hands on her breasts, kneading her flesh through her black lacy bra.

Feyi felt a weakness in her knees and held the table for support as his thumbs and forefinger teased her nippl.es gently. He left her breasts to unhook her bra and send it to the floor like her gown leaving her on only lacy black thongs. He turned her to face him. “This is the best part of these boring dinners, coming home with you.”

She felt her breath hitch in her throat and she looked at him through hazy eyes. “It’s the same for me too,” she purred softly and folded her fingers around his erec.tion that was straining through his pajamas.

About an hour later, Feyi eased herself from the bed, padded to the closet for a robe and pulled it on. She regarded herself briefly on the dressing mirror then went to the door. It creaked when she pulled it open. She looked to the bed, Tunji was still fast asleep.

She slipped from the room and tiptoed to Tomiwa’s room. Ever since Omotola’s arrest too, she had felt a nagging feeling of insecurity around the house. She thought it was paranoia and had been fighting against it without Tunji but with Seyi’s words to her that evening, her irrational distrust had been justified. She hoped Tunji would never catch her in the lie she’d told him tonight.

Seyi had wanted to say more than greet her to catch up for old times sake.

“Hello Feyi.” His smile had been disarming, one of the things she’d liked about him. “Great dress,” he complimented giving her a once over.”

“Thank you.”

“I know this will come as a surprise but I just have to say it. You and everyone else thinks Omotola killed those women but I’ve got to say, you’ve got the wrong person. I don’t know about the other woman but I’m certain she didn’t kill her sister. I know who did.”

Feyi gasped in surprise at his words and the implication behind them. “How do you…”

Tunji came upon them just then, “Feyi, you were taking longer than usual and I came to see the cause of the holdup.”

He took her hand in his and she managed a small smile for him, although her facial muscles felt stiff and unnatural.

“Er…yes, I just bumped into him,” she gesticulated at Seyi. “His name is Seyi Lawal.”

Tunji beamed at Seyi and held out a hand that Seyi took, “it’s a pleasure to finally meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you,” he said.

Seyi’s smile was thin, “that’s nice. If you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to the table. It was nice to see you again Feyi.”

Feyi didn’t know whether she could say the same thing about him as she stared down at her sleeping son with trepidation. She still didn’t know why she lied to Tunji but she knew she wanted to keep her fears to herself. The false sense of security she’d been trying to hold on to had deserted her completely. If Seyi was right, the killer was still lurking somewhere in the house, free and very dangerous. With the surprising grudge Omotola held against her and her family, she wondered who else wanted a pound of flesh from the Coles.

When they were led into the interrogation room, the first thing Feyi noted was the dimness, the next thing she noticed was that Omotola, after one week in detention looked like a shadow of herself. She had shrunk noticeably and Feyi couldn’t help feeling sorry for her. Tunji squeezed her hands gently as they walked in and she knew he was just as shocked as her.

Detective Ehis had told them only two days ago that Omotola was refusing to say anything and asking to see them. They had been startled at her unusual request and had finally decided to see her after some deliberations last night.

The officer that led them in gave them twenty minutes with her and left them alone. Omotola’s head was bowed after he left and for a few seconds, silence reigned.

“We’re here now Tola,” Tunji said softly.

She looked up from the table, “I’m sorry,” she whispered. “I’m sorry for the pain I caused the both of you please find it in your heart to forgive me.”

Feyi looking at her so sad and humble, had tears in her eyes and felt pity for her. “I forgive you Tola but you have to confess to your crimes. It may not get easier from there but at least you’ll make restitution for your past.”

“That’s the thing, I’ve committed no crime than attacking you in the hospital and passing off Dayo’s baby as Tunji’s,” at Tunji’s shocked gasp she stared at him. “Yes Tunji, there’s no need to risk the baby’s life by carrying out a paternity test on the fetus. The child I’m carrying belongs to Dayo Cole and not you.”

Feyi was shocked to her bones but a lot of things didn’t seem clear to her. Omotola seemed to read the confusion in her features.

“I’ve had issues with your brother in the past and I admit I was angry at the way he treated me but I could never murder his girlfriend to get back at him. No day goes by that I don’t miss my sister, the only family I had for years, how could I have killed her? Why would I have killed her? For many years we only had each other after our mother abandoned us in an orphanage. We struggled to survive together and after we ran away from the orphanage, we survived the harsh streets of Abeokuta alone. We spent many years trying to find our mother and I finally found her. Why would I have tried to kill Dr. Lily when she’s my mother?”

Tbc

17 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by McBrooklyn(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2016
FTC on the new update cheesy cheesy

Nice update, Skarlett kiss

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2016
skalett:

It happened again
Re: Hearts In Ashes by skalett(f): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2016
McBrooklyn:
FTC on the new update cheesy cheesy
Nice update, Skar lett kiss

Thanks dear kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by McBrooklyn(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2016
skalett:

It happened again

I guess the Aunty spambot is high on drugs or weed then angry

Or did you snatched away Aunty spambot boyfriend?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Jay542(m): 11:46am On Nov 05, 2016
Haba skarlett Monday iss too far oo. You need to do something.

This has been a fabulous piece. But then why was Omotola at the scene of messing things further with Dr. Lile??

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
McBrooklyn:

I guess the Aunty spambot is high on drugs or weed then angry
Or did you snatched away Aunty spambot boyfriend?? cheesy cheesy

I dunno o cry

Thank God I'm free now
Re: Hearts In Ashes by McBrooklyn(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
skarlett:

I dunno o cry

Thank God I'm free now

Lol, Aunty spambot get huge crush on you be that now cheesy cheesy

Thank God you're now free sha kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
Jay542:
Haba skarl ett Monday iss too far oo. You need to do something.

I will try my best o

This has been a fabulous piece. But then why was Omotola at the scene of messing things further with Dr. Lile??

Thank you dear, i think the next episode will tell us why kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol, Aunty spambot get huge crush on you be that now cheesy cheesy

Thank God you're now free sha kiss

That kind crush grin grin

Yes o, thank God for using Domin.ique wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
I just dey observe jejely... I think I like how things are playing out

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
dominique:
Happy birthday Skarlett hun. May God continue to bless the works of your hands. Wishing you long life filled with joy, good health, wealth and prosperity.

Back to the story. So our two main suspects are Tunji (hope not) and Omotola (what could have been her motive to murder her only sister at the tender age of 15). Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Quickly do with your b'day paroles and drop update. Oya manage this small cake

We don't wanna Rule out Blessing now do we? grin
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Domance: 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
I get wowed anytime I read ur updates, just keep it coming. You are going places!

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Teespice(f): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
lovely story but I find the plot difficult to understand with all the twists and turns.

PS- happy birthday in Arrears.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
Teespice:
lovely story but I find the plot difficult to understand with all the twists and turns.

PS- happy birthday in Arrears.

Tell me what you don't understand, and I'll try to explain from my own understanding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.