Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone (20444 Views)

Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN / Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by sjeezy8: 9:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
Its definately in their blood or something
Felas family is of the same lineage
Igbos get the same heritage too, theres igbos also not alot.

Thats where the who ordeal of whether lagos is a yoruba state or not comes from. The people who asked for Lagos were yoruba creole/krio and brazilians.

ikeyman00:

^^^^^^
yes u are correct; in the same way yorubas claimed stuff here and there?
one thing certain some yorubas are ebos lipsrsealed

Nigerian yorubas dont claim anything and never have, its people around the world who identify themselves as being yoruba. Yorubas didnt go to brazil, cuba, haiti, trinidad and tell them to be worshipping shango, obatala for the heck of it.

no doubt yoruba is undisputedly one/if not the most strongest cultures in Africa, Latin America, west indies etc

this article is 100% correct thats why you see yorubas in Lagos/Abeokuta with the names like Adamson, Doherty, Cole, Williams, King, Pedro, Hernandez, Gomez, De souza, Da silva
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by OmoAbi(m): 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
I beg o ppl,wetin dey worri  these ibo boys sef?Always competing with us.
Omo YORUBA,lets start finding a way to integrate everyone of us around the world for the benefit of our heritage and future.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by NegroNtns(m): 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
Mukina, Happy Birthday to you dear.

So you from Foutah? My God!! Where in Foutah, . . . You know Babba Amaddou?
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
since Sierra Leone was a base for freed slaves, a lot of tribes met up there.

However, the Yoruba ones seemed particularly vocal active- I have no idea why.

I've read a few articles about these "Nigerian" ex-slaves. Of course Nigeria came later though.

But the Brazilian returnees were settled all along the coastline. They're also in Ghana.

Others returned to Nigeria but settled and integrated outside Lagos.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by KnowAll(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2009

The Yoruba Culture is as superior to any western culture, the reationship between the 2 cultures are not subservant in nature but rather complimentary. Unike many other African cultures that are inferior to the Western culture the Yorubas are at par with the west when it came to culture, taste, food, arts, language lexicology and proverbs and fashion.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by NegroNtns(m): 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
my ears are aching with all these Yoruba this and Yoruba that stuff. . . can I ear word?

Negro pulls out his birth certificate and substitutes Igbo in place of Yoruba for the ethnicity field. cheesy
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by MrCrackles(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
blacksta:

No wonder Africa is messed up

grin
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Beaf: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2009
Instead of the blind ethnic competition going on, we should be more ashamed of the vast number of brothers, sisters, wives and lovers that were sold by their kith and kin into slavery.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by sjeezy8: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
kin? No

Tinubu square explains the opinion of slavery among yorubas ok
fisherman/ Nigerian cowboy  wink

@lets not label other tribes inferior.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by MrCrackles(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2009
I think i am from Sierra Leone. . . shocked
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by K3L3CH1: 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin NO WONDER AFRICA IS MESSED UP , lol, I cant stop laughing

grin grin grin grin grin grin"Just like our Prof Soyinka, Prof Ogunlade was a prestigious Nobel Winner, I think winning that Nobel thing is in our DNA.", lol

I just love this thread !!!

More plssss guys,

KANBI, yoo'ba 4 life
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by muffins(f): 2:08am On Oct 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

I think i am from Sierra Leone. . .  shocked

Who dash monkey banana? cool
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by candylips(m): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2009
lol
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by mukina2: 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2009
blackspade:

Interesting thread.

@ mukina

Happy birthday! grin
thanks wink

Negro_Ntns:

Mukina, Happy Birthday to you dear.

So you from Foutah? My God!! Where in Foutah, . . . You know Babba Amaddou?
thanks wink
noo not Futa. Foulah Town .Fua is in Guinea Conakry grin
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by FBS: 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

I think i am from Sierra Leone. . . shocked

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by FBS: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2009
Muki is from Modakeke. . .heard she was dodging bullets with Dayo during the Ife-Modakeke crisis. cool
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ahh. . . . Nigerians!
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by mukina2: 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
FBS:

Muki is from Modakeke. . .heard she was dodging bullets with Dayo during the Ife-Modakeke crisis. cool
sharap dia tongue
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by MrCrackles(m): 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
muffins:

Who dash monkey banana? cool
Gorilla dashed monkey bananas! cool
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by FBS: 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
mukina2:

sharap dia tongue
Ma fuend. . .get lost! tongue
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
.It's easy for ibo to claim yoruba cause they are like viruses but hell no will any yoruba claim to be ibo.,or can we all claim to be english simply because we speak english.,i believe the poster only out to discredit the yorubas but dont worry the ibos will soon be pushed out of lagos and other south western states s when your retarded leaders get biafra.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by ikeyman00(m): 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
@@@@@@@@@

yorubas are so full of drama

some yorubas are ebos!!! igbo; we dnt brag on that

most of those slaves are ebos!!

facts are fact!!!!!

the yorubas just have to accept it, like it or not
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Jarus(m): 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
Surprised there are Yorubas in SL.

Even more surprising is the fact that the 'erudite' Yoruba historian and grand commander of NL Yoruba forces, Becomrich, has not commented here.  I expected BCR to have discovered and mentioned this all this while. Or did his oracle, sorry satellite maps, fail him? Or has he gone into hiding for the 'death threats'?
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
Jarus:

Surprised there are Yorubas in SL.

you're a minority, sorry.

Most people are aware "Nigerians" were taken to Sierra leone.

some years back I was discussing with an Igbo girl on this same NL who said she has an Igbo ancestor from there.

Some Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Efiks and other tribes are currently native to that region. People from other parts of Africa too.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by AndreUweh(m): 10:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
tpia.:

I've read a few articles about these "Nigerian" ex-slaves. Of course Nigeria came later though.

But the Brazilian returnees were settled all along the coastline. They're also in Ghana.

Others returned to Nigeria but settled and integrated outside Lagos.
Well said. Even the earliest missionaries in Igboland were Sierra Leoneans of Igbo origin.
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by illusion2: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2009
*Nigeria is finished*

[center][size=14pt]First Ghana,now Nigerians want to be Sierra Leonean ? Wht next? Ask a Togolese to become our President !  angry angry

In my lifetime ??  . . . IBB,OBJ may God punish you wherever you are  angry
[/size][/center]
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by becomrich15: 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2009
98% of the people of Seirra Leone speak Krio, which really is  yoruba for kiri yo which means "are you satisfied" and krio is the country National language
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by whiteroses(f): 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2009
illusion2:

*Nigeria is finished*

[center][size=14pt]First Ghana,now Nigerians what to be Sierra Leonean ? Wht next? Ask a Togolese to become our President !  angry angry

In my lifetime ??  . . . IBB,OBJ may God punish you wherever you are  angry
[/size][/center]
abi o! berra forget the past leave them where they are jare yoruba shnoruba, i'm sure those sierraleaone are unaware, and us that are identifiable good for us
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by becomrich15: 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2009
Some on thier list are

Valentine Strasser, Head of State of Sierra Leone from 1992-1996
Abel Nathaniel Bankole Stronge, current speaker of parliament of Sierra Leone
Adelaide Casely-Hayford, Sierra Leonean advocate, nationalism, and educationist
Abioseh Davidson Nicol, author and Sierra Leonean diplomat
Herbert George-Williams, current mayor of Freetown
Henry Josiah Lightfoot Boston, Governor-General of Sierra Leone from 1962 to 1967
Ade Renner Thomas, former Chief Justice of Sierra Leone
Isaac Wallace-Johnson, Sierra Leonean journalist, activist and politician
Andrew Juxon-Smith, former commander of the Sierra Leone Armed Forces
Christiana Thorpe, current chief of the Sierra Leone National Electoral Commission
Abdul Tejan-Cole, current Commissioner of the Sierra Leone Anti Corruption Commisssion
Brigadier-General Arthur Nelson-Williams, current Chief of the Defence Staff of The Sierra Leone Armed Forces, the professional head of Sierra Leone Armed Forces and the highest ranked military position in Sierra Leone
David Omoshola Carew, current Sierra Leone Minister of Trade and Industry
Ogunlade Davidson, Current Sierra Leone Minister of Energy and Power
Winstanley Bankole Johnson, mayor of Freetown from 2004-2008
Cecil Osho Williams, member of Parliament of Sierra Leone from the Western Area (APC)
Victor Reider, member of Parliament of Sierra Leone from the Western Area (APC)
John Henry Malamah Thomas, mayor of Freetown from 1904-1912
Eustace Henry Taylor Cummings, mayor of Freetown from 1948-1954
Christopher Cole, former Sierra Leone's Governor-General and Chief Justice
Prince Harding, Sierra Leone minister of transportation and communication from 2002-2007
Dennis Bright, Sierra Leone's sport minister from 2002-2007
John 'Johnny' Taylor, Creole trader during colonial era
Dr. John Augustus Abayomi-Cole, Sierra Leonean medical doctor, herbalist and politician.
Sir Samuel Lewis, first mayor of Freetown
Herbert Bankole Bright, was Sierra Leonean medical doctor and politician
William John Campbell, former mayor of Freetown
Tom Carew, Chief of Defence Staff of Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces from April 2000 to November 2003
Edmund Cowan, former speaker of Parliament of Sierra Leone
Sylvia Blyden, Sierra Leonean journalist and publisher of the independent Sierra Leonean newspaper Awareness Times
Thomas Decker, Sierra Leonean writer, poet, journalist, and linguist
Syl Cheney-Coker, poet, novelist, and journalist from Sierra Leone
Clifford Nelson Fyle, Sierra Leonean journalist and composer of the Sierra Leone National anthem
Jeillo Edwards, Sierra Leonean actress
Rodney Strasser, Sierra Leonean footballer
Ahmed Deen, Sierra Leonean footballer
Albert Jarrett, Sierra Leonean footballer
Albert Cole, Sierra Leonean footballer
John Keister, Sierra Leonean footballer
Daddy Saj, Sierra Leonean rapper
S. E. Rogie, Sierra Leonean musician
Frederick McCormack, Sierra Leonean actor
Delpaneaux(Delpano) Adetunji Wills, Sierra Leonean actor
Eunice Barber, Sierra Leonean athlete competing in heptathlon and long jump.
Horace Dove-Edwin, a retired Sierra Leonean sprinter who specialized in the 100 metres
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by whiteroses(f): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2009
^^@ guy on top, well yoruba people are reknowned for lurking around different countries scrounging for money all over the world so not very surprised there
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by bibiking1(m): 12:02am On Oct 23, 2009
becomrich,:

98% of the people of Seirra Leone speak Krio, which really is  yoruba for kiri yo which means "are you satisfied" and krio is the country National language

What planet are you from?
Next you would bring up funny carthographs to prove your point?
Re: The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone by MrCrackles(m): 12:04am On Oct 23, 2009
illusion2:

*Nigeria is finished*

[center][size=14pt]First Ghana,now Nigerians what to be Sierra Leonean ? Wht next? Ask a Togolese to become our President ! angry angry

In my lifetime ?? . . . IBB,OBJ may God punish you wherever you are angry
[/size][/center]
LMFAO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Tambuwal Under Pressure To Resign; As APC Reps Withdraw Support / 34,000 Ghost Workers: Syndicate Uncovered / Death Of Tompolo’s Father Threatens Ceasefire In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.