Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? (25985 Views)

Past Adu: Yoruba Christians Have Peculiar Spiritual Challenges – Daily Sun / Adeyinka Grandson's Message To Yoruba Muslims / The Lost Yoruba Tribe - Yoruba Muslims Of Sierra Leone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by NegroNtns(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2012
The Yorubas are a Blessed race of people. Providence has favored you over your rinals. It is now upto you to recognize and keep the Grace.

You are the only people in Nigeria that truly model the Abrahamic faith. Ifa came out of Noah's worship and faith in God and it came down the line to Abraham and continued to be the practice of the faithfuls up umtil Judaism was revealed to Moses. Judaism was then strenghtened with Jesus' Christianity, which in turn was strenghtened with Mohammed;s Islam.

Yorubas are the only people in this country that hold on to all four practices of divine worship. When you see a Yoruba of Ifa faith, in him or her you also see a blood line of Judaic, Christianity and Islam faithfuls. Similarly, when you see a Yoruba who recites the Tira (Torah) you are looking at the bloodline of a family that recites Odu, Bible and Quran. The same applies for the Christian and as well the Muslim. If a Yoruba person start to identify himself or herself as Yoruba Christian or Yoruba Muslim, he/she has become a conduit by which his/her bloodline is splintered/

Ibos are Christians first before they are anything else of tribal identity. Hausas are muslims first before they are anything of tribal identity. Yoruba is a Yoruba first, and our tribal identity is harmonious and in alignment with our divine identity, no conflict. . . . unless we want to introduce conflict into the bloodline.

It is known that when you say you are Hausa, it is automatically assumed you are Muslim. Hamza Abubakar could very well be a Christian and you don't know. Likewise, it is taken for granted that Ibos are Christians. . . in fact TOH opened a post here asking if an Ibo muslim exist! Mike Nwachukwu could be a converted Muslim, you just never know.

Ibos are on a campaign to splinter the bloodline and segragate Yoruba Christian from Yoruba Muslim. Theyare not succeeding, and they will not. . . .it can only infuriate them the more that the God of Yorubas is not only actively present in Nigeria but is also operating and widening our identity in Brazil, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Honduras, Haiti, Venezuela, Trinidad, . . .and indeed in Europe through our unique atiquities from past civilizations.

Yoruba ronu! Do not aid the Ibo in their attempt to tear your bloodline and belief identity. There is no Yoruba Christian and there is no Yoruba Muslim, there is only one Yoruba. . . .and that is us!

Aiye a yewa o, Ase!
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by SamIkenna: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
Guy give it up. Its past midnight already you know. Prison is not just only concrete walls it could be a belief or an obssession that one cant get away from. Don't let Ergophobia imprison you, you're too smart for that jail time. Peace brother

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by NegroNtns(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2012
Peace to you too Sam. There is no phobia attached to truth. You cannot be too truthful. . . . I am proud of my obsessive advocation of truth on behalf of my people.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Obiagu1(m): 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

There is no Yoruba Christian and there is no Yoruba Muslim, there is only one Yoruba. . . .and that is us!

Until Yoruba Muslims allow more Yoruba Christians to be governors, then I'll believe there's One Yoruba and not Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christians.

Muslims are fond of advocating unity when they are dominating others but will resist non-Muslims from dominating them.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by NegroNtns(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
Im glad you introduced that argument. We dont see Yoruba christians or muslims in leadership. . . we see Yoruba leaders. Awolowo, Akintola, Adelabu, Obasanjo, Shonekan, Fashola, Fasehun, Fawehinmi, . . . . for everyone of these people, they have bloodlines in Christianity and Islam. We are above that religion level. It remains a challenge in iboland. What we should ask is when are you going to elect an ibo muslim as governor?
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Obiagu1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
Deceit and more deceit.

When I see Lagos governor, Christian; Osun governor, Christian; Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, and Ondo governors, Christians; and you Yoruba Muslims didn't make trouble, then I'll believe your One Yoruba mantra.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Obiagu1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
By the way, do you Yoruba Muslims tactically vote based on religion while your Christian brothers stupidly and naively vote for who they feel is the best candidate?
I still can't believe that only Yoruba Muslims have the capacity to rule Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by NegroNtns(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
Deceit and more deceit.

When I see Lagos governor, Christian; Osun governor, Christian; Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, and Ondo governors, Christians; and you Yoruba Muslims didn't make trouble, then I'll believe your One Yoruba mantra.

Great response! We are Yoruba first, Nigeria second, ChristianMuslim third. In our land, when you see a Muslim governor married to a Christian wife, then you have seen Yoruba. When you see a Christian governor whose son is married to a muslim, then you have seen Yoruba. When you see a Muslim governor whose mother is a christian, then you have seen Yoruba. When you see a ibo refugee rejected from North because he/she is christian and arrived in Lagos to the comfort and safety of our communities and lifestyles, you have seen Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Obiagu1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 18, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Great response! We are Yoruba first, Nigeria second, ChristianMuslim third. In our land, when you see a Muslim governor married to a Christian wife, then you have seen Yoruba. When you see a Christian governor whose son is married to a muslim, then you have seen Yoruba. When you see a Muslim governor whose mother is a christian, then you have seen Yoruba. When you see a ibo refugee rejected from North because he/she is christian and arrived in Lagos to the comfort and safety of our communities and lifestyles, you have seen Yoruba.

Answer my question my friend.

Obiagu1:

By the way, do you Yoruba Muslims tactically vote based on religion while your Christian brothers stupidly and naively vote for who they feel is the best candidate?
I still can't believe that only Yoruba Muslims have the capacity to rule Yorubaland.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
Obiagu1:

Deceit and more deceit.

Obiagu1:

Let me educate this ibo boy talking rubbish as if he never saw the four wall of a classroom.

In[b] 1999[/b]

LAGOS - tinubu * muslim

Ogun - Osoba * xtian

Osun - Akande * xtian

Oyo - Lamidi * muslim

Ondo - Adefarati * xtian

Ekiti - Adebayo *xtian

Lagos - Tinubu * muslim

Ogun - Daniel * xtian

Osun - Oyinlola *xtian

Oyo - Ladoja *muslim

Ondo - Agagu * xtian

Ekiti - Fayose * xtian

Lagos - Fashola *muslim

Ogun - daniel * xtian

Osun - Oyinlola *xtian

Oyo - Akala * xtain

Ondo - Agagu * xtian

Ekiti - Segun * xtian

Lagos - Fashola *muslim

Ogun - Amosu * muslim

Osun - Aregbesola ** muslim

Oyo - Ajimobi * muslim

Ondo - mimiko * xtian

Ekiti - fayemi *xtian

Since 1999 to date,yorubaland has produced 7 muslim governors and 13 xtian governors.so where did obigul get the crap he is vomiting around from ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by AndreUweh(m): 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
It will not be long before a serious war breaks out in Yorubaland betweeen Christians and Mohammedans. Signs of war has always been there. The Chapel of Resurrection saga would have triggered a serious war but it was well averted.
The problem now is, how prepared are the christians?.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
Andre Uweh:

It will not be long before a serious war breaks out in Yorubaland betweeen Christians and Mohammedans. Signs of war has always been there. The Chapel of Resurrection saga would have triggered a serious war but it was well averted.

Which war ? In your village ?
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
I have a question prease shocked.

Why do Hausa Muslims call Yoruba Muslims FAKE Muslims? And why do Arab Muslims call black African Muslims "Slave follow follow fake Muslims"?

Just curious cool.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by AjanleKoko: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
Bluetooth,
Akande na moslem o.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Bluetooth,
Akande na moslem o.

My bad. . . .i just want to show that ibo boy that yorubas are more tolerant than any ethnic group in Nigeria.Let him show me how many muslims have ruled in iboland .
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by exotik: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
Olodostein:

Why do Hausa Muslims call Yoruba Muslims FAKE Muslims? And why do Arab Muslims call black African Muslims "Slave follow follow fake Muslims"?

Just curious cool

because the conquered will never be fully accepted by the conquerors. it is like waiting to see an igbo pope. that will never happen, no matter how well igbos embrace catholicism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Rhino5dm: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
why bother responding to that "IT"? They are  ignorantly blinded by sheer illiteracy of basic knowledge of Nigeria political terrain, yet you come across them as loud mouthed fish brains, constantly spewing trash all over Nairaland.

The other stuupid mooroon does not even know who are on  GEJ's economic team, yet he was caught spamming this section with retarrded lies.

The animals from the east always lie,cheat and commit fraud to regain from their genetic disorder, so allow them to do what is food to ther cells.

~Bluetooth:

Let me educate this ibo boy talking rubbish as if he never saw the four wall of a classroom.

In[b] 1999[/b]

LAGOS - tinubu  * muslim

Ogun - Osoba   * xtian

Osun - Akande   * xtian

Oyo - Lamidi   * muslim

Ondo - Adefarati  * xtian

Ekiti - Adebayo    *xtian

Lagos - Tinubu  * muslim

Ogun -  Daniel   * xtian

Osun -  Oyinlola  *xtian

Oyo  - Ladoja *muslim

Ondo - Agagu * xtian

Ekiti - Fayose   * xtian

Lagos -  Fashola  *muslim

Ogun  - daniel   * xtian

Osun -  Oyinlola  *xtian

Oyo  - Akala   * xtain

Ondo - Agagu  *  xtian

Ekiti -  Segun  * xtian

Lagos -  Fashola *muslim

Ogun  -  Amosu  * muslim

Osun  -  Aregbesola  ** muslim

Oyo   - Ajimobi   * muslim

Ondo -  mimiko  * xtian

Ekiti  - fayemi  *xtian

Since 1999 to date,yorubaland has produced 7 muslim governors and 13 xtian governors.so where did obigul get the crap he is vomiting around from ?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Rhino5dm: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
so, until when Yoruba Muslims start killing, maiming and suya-ring Igbos like their northern counterparts before they become "original" muslim?

Little wonder the Hausa always want to butcher the Igbos like nama at any giving opportunity to prove their originality.

Olodostein:

Just curious cool.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

why bother responding to that "IT"? They are  ignorantly blinded by sheer illiteracy of basic knowledge of Nigeria political terrain, yet you come across them as loud mouthed fish brains, constantly spewing trash all over Nairaland.

The other stuupid mooroon does not even know who are on  GEJ's economic team, yet he was caught spamming this section with retarrded lies.

The animals from the east always lie,cheat and commit fraud to regain from their genetic disorder, so allow them to do what is food to ther cells.

I think they are just bitter at the unity that existed within the yorubas.Same envy we know them for.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by T8ksy(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

so, until when Yoruba Muslims start killing, maiming and suya-ring Igbos like their northern counterparts before they become "original" muslim?
Little wonder the Hausa always want to butcher the Igbos like nama at any giving opportunity to prove their originality.

With the way events are unfolding in the country presently, the bolded portion may soon come to be 'cause that's the only

way we will ever get these flat-headed ingrates outta our region.

BK will soon drive the whole lot of them from the north and you can bet your bottom dollar, they won't all be going back to their "Land of the

rising sun". Most will come to our region whilst still calling us names.

Bloody ingrates!!!
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
T8ksy:

With the way events are unfolding in the country presently, the bolded portion may soon come to be 'cause that's the only

way we will ever get these flat-headed ingrates outta our region.

BK will soon drive the whole lot of them from the north and you can bet your bottom dollar, they won't all be going back to their "Land of the

rising sun". Most will come to our region whilst still calling us names.

Bloody ingrates!!!

They know their boundary within our territoro less we'd have deal with them a long time ago.OPC ni oko iya won !
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by NINETOFIVE(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

They know their boundary within our territoro less we'd have deal with them a long time ago.OPC ni sad
~Bluetooth link=topic=848995.msg9994257#msg9994257 date=1326909973:

They know their boundary within our territoro less we'd have deal with them a long time ago.OPC ni oko iya won !
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2012
exotik:

because the conquered will never be fully accepted by the conquerors. it is like waiting to see an igbo pope. that will never happen, no matter how well igbos embrace catholicism.

You make sense and good analogy. So the thing is, All Africans should go back to their forefather's religion.

Rhino.5dm:

That is not what asked fool. Do you always derive pleasure in displaying your foolishness?
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by zumbigbo(m): 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
In 1817, the provincial military commander of the Oyo Empire, Afonja, stationed at Ilorin, embarked on a rebellion to challenge the king of Oyo:by 1835 Oyo city was destroyed. Afona enlistedmilitary aid from a Fulani general who had designs of initiating a jihad in Yorubaland. The Fulani general turned the tables on Afonja and had him murdered. In control of Ilorin, he then sought to conquer other Yoruba cities. This effort failed but Ilorin remains a city with a Fulani emir.

Ditto with forced conversions and killiings of Native Americans by Europeans.

Islam spread through trade and war, Christianity spread through trade and war.

They both have been the cause of a lot of death and mayhem on this planet. In many countries, people live in peace, irrespective of who they pray to. Who cares whether one holds the Koran or Bible. It's a personal choice. The African man/spirit will adopt anything that comes our way, we are known as empty vessels. It is not something to be proud off, but more shame. So rather than look at history and see how divisions have allowed our people to be conquered mentally and spiritually, 'grown - physically, not mentally' men/women argue over tribal superiority. Your supposed ideolgoical chest-beating marks you out as ignorant reprobates.

I can assure you that in the US, EU, China and elsewhere no one gives a Bleep about our tribal origins, but they admire our discord as they plot further centuries of natural resource exploitation, as we argue over peanuts and cow milk.

I suggest you live in peace, see what you can learn from other cultures and religions, open your mind and your heart and try to improve yourself. Otherwise this whole journey of your life will just be a wasted opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
Obiagu1:

Deceit and more deceit.

Has bluetooth satisfied your curiousity?

Maybe i can help you further

Lagos- Sir Michael Otedola- Christian

Ogun- Olusegun osoba- Christian

Oyo - Kolapo Ishola Christian

Osun- Isiaka Adeleke- Moslem

Ondo - Bamidele Olumilua Christian

Lagos Lateef Jakande - Moslem

Ogun - Olabisi Onabanjo Christian

Oyo- Bola Ige- Christian

Ondo- Michael Ajasin - Christian

[size=18pt]Is there any other thing I can help your bigoted mind with?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
What is the essence of this thread? Is it inspired by Igbophobia?This should be a yoruba only thread,and noboby should mention any other tribe except yoruba here.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Katsumoto: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2012
Negro Ntn

You could have opened this thread without mentioning 'others'. You too like wahala. angry tongue

Andre Uweh:

Did you forget to sign in as Ngodigha to make this bigoted comment since you usually make such comments with your other monikers?. Are you the one planning the war between Muslims and Christians? Keep your doomsday prediction to yourself.

exotik:

Please remind me of when Yoruba people were conquered by Fulani folks? Islam existed in Yorubaland long before Afonja betrayed his people. Solagberu, one of Afonja's close aides was the leader of the Yoruba Muslims at Oke Suna. Alleging that Islam was introduced into Yorubaland by Fulani smacks of ignorance. Similarly, it is mischievous to suggest that Yoruba people were conquered by the Fulani. Don't confuse Hausa with Yoruba.

Even Ilorin that went under Fulani control was not conquered militarily.
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by reporter1: 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
I have come to the conclusion that only a Yoruba can truly understand what it means to be Yoruba. It is not enough to speak the language, one has to imbibe the Yoruba culture to appreciate the interpersonal relationship between Yoruba muslims and christians.

Though I was brought up a christian, I grew up amongst relatives that are muslims and christians. We relate as Yorubas  while we consider our faiths as personal beliefs. Hence, no issues at all in our relationship. We celeberate Christmas, Easter together and we likewise do the same for Ileya and Awe.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by NegroNtns(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
Even in the North, they have Christian Governor. I dare ibo to follow their example and elect a muslim governor. You cannot because your live in a segregated custom - free born cannot marry osu. So I dont expect that your society will recognize a ibo muslim as qualified to lead you.

In Yoruba custom, and with Yoruba blood. . . . we are Yoruba first before anything else! A Lagos person marry Osun person, an Ekiti person marry Oyo person, Ilorin person marry Oyo, Ogun marry Ondo, Itsekiri marry Lagos person. . . .Ijebu marry Awori, Ijesha marry Ogbomoso, Offa marry Egba, . . . . we are beyond your reach in social harmony and tribal identity.

Obiagu, dayo asked you if his answers and bluetooth's were sufficient and I didnt hear your response. . . what happened? Would you like to go far back to the era of Mobolaji Johnson and Adebayo? osu rascal! You need to go find that convict they released in Abaji. . . .Kabiru Sokoto, before he shed any more ibo blood on Sunday worship instead of sitting here wondering why Yoruba governors are muslims.

Katz, I wanted to draw them in so we can bare their a s s es in the harmattan wind. grin
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by Chyz2: 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2012
Inferiority complex go kill you yoruba people.lol
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by NegroNtns(m): 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2012
. . . like Kabiru Sokoto is killing ibo and allowed to go free to plan more carnage
Re: Yoruba Christians, Yoruba Muslims. . . .what Is That? by seenoevil1: 10:27pm On Jan 18, 2012
Katsumoto:

Negro Ntn

You could have opened this thread without mentioning 'others'. You too like wahala. angry tongue

Did you forget to sign in as Ngodigha to make this bigoted comment since you usually make such comments with your other monikers?. Are you the one planning the war between Muslims and Christians? Keep your doomsday prediction to yourself.

Please remind me of when Yoruba people were conquered by Fulani folks? Islam existed in Yorubaland long before Afonja betrayed his people. Solagberu, one of Afonja's close aides was the leader of the Yoruba Muslims at Oke Suna. Alleging that Islam was introduced into Yorubaland by Fulani smacks of ignorance. Similarly, it is mischievous to suggest that Yoruba people were conquered by the Fulani. Don't confuse Hausa with Yoruba.

Even Ilorin that went under Fulani control was not conquered militarily.

I couldn't get you a direct link on wikipedia as they are down now , however i used google cache to access wikipedia and i found this

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3Qqx8SKEyjoJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyo_Empire+wiki+oyo+empire+fulani+jihad&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ng

skip down to fulani jihad and then come back and tell us if the Oyo Empire (The Pinnacle of Yoruba civilization) wasn't destroyed militarily by the Fulani's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hoodlums Stone Jonathan’s Convoy In Katsina / Buhari A Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator Of Whatsapp Group- Atiku / LASG Launches 1,000-hectares Modern Satellite City In Epe (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.