Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars (46478 Views)

PMB: Just Like The Mills Of The Gods- Femi Adesina / Buhari And Merkel Laughing Off Aisha’s BBC Interview (Photos) / Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by forray(m): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2016
bayelsaowei:
Passingshot can lick the yanshh of buhari and other apc representatives..and to know the hypocrite lives abroad surprises me..he lives abroad where there is progression while remotely supporting backwardness in nigeria..

A zombiec hypocrite..listen to his rants and comments at your own risk..

undecided wink

He leaves abroad away from all the hardship and suffering we are going tru and comes on here to spew rubbish. No wonder. Waste of time and little energy engaging him. Iranu

2 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by wiseoneking: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2016
PassingShot:

You lack capacity to argue intelligently?
From now on i will take you as Buhari's second wife for you seems to claim some bedroom knowledge Aisha got that you know better. The most stupid write up i have ever read in most recent times. You are a weak man and ever unstable like waters. Are you Buhari's wife? Do you know their bed room secrets? Are you his third wife or have been sharing their matrimonial bed with them for the past 27 yrs. Who are you to challenge a wife of a man concerning her knowledge of her husband. Just enjoy your change with 17.9% inflation rate and poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Luxxyme(m): 9:27am On Oct 15, 2016
I can say with certainty that you got it all wrong @passingshot.
what u have just done is a great disservice to the entire human race. Look at the political and economic stance of Nigeria now while making ur analysis. objectivity is the key.

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by rusher14: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2016
[b]Buhari has a right to determine what role he and his wife would (with her willingness of course) play in his career and home building.

As much as she was candid in her opinion she was slightly tactless and not completely in tune with politicking and nation building.

Her concerns may be predictated on the Nigerian way of always having those in your employment based on how they are related to you rather than how they would affect your industry positively.

She is a wife and mother before a politician or president's wife. She doesn't hold a political position but a recognition of her role as the woman behind the man.

The president is also human.

He has displayed masculine and cultural instincts. He has displayed candour in his appointments and should be encouraged to do so though needing to fish from friendly waters.

The difference in opinion should be seen as an encouragement of the man to liberate the woman. Many were of the opinion that the northern man completely dominates the northern woman such that she never has a voice.

Her voice has been heard.

Her words noted.

His actions follow.

God bless Nigeria.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by citizenY(m): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2016
PassingShot:

I'm paid per word not even per post.

It's either you're not fit to argue intelligently or you can't fault the post.

Find your level elsewhere.

Why are U wasting your time?

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Wadeoye(m): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2016
PassingShot:

Aisha has allowed herself to be used by greedy politicians. I hope she survives this.

I am sure the woman didn't know what she was doing. Watch the interview and you would see in her face how she took the discussion for granted.

Otherwise, how would she have allowed the likes of Tinubu (of unquenchable desire for power and money) push her into making such remarks before a journalist?

We are talking about economic crisis, insecurity, etc and APC politicians are fighting over positions and appointments - this is what I know Tinubu for. If the man is not stopped, he would put every Tinubu boy and family member in positions of authority. The likes of Tinubu should be caged permanently.

I doubt if that woman would be allowed to speak in public or to journalists again - she seems not to know the enormity of political power struggle in the country. She doesn't even know the implications of such an interview for her and her husband.

If the president is truly a dictator at home, definitely there will be repercussions for her and I really pity her because the Tinubus will not marry her if she is thrown out of her home.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by HandsomeKing: 9:57am On Oct 15, 2016
Esp when crooks like ex Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi is single handedly controlling the ministry of transport, NIMASA, NDDC, etc... I'm sure PMB never knew most of those new Board Members ab-initio.
If you wish to institute CHANGE, then you gotta KNOW YOUR TEAM! And contrary to some talks, Aisha actually surprised a lot of Nigerians during the campaigns. She did well.
Lastly, Oga PMB!!.. this is 21st Century!!! Wives no longer belong in the kitchen and rooms! She is a helper and and arguably the only person he can trust completely.. ask Obama why he's so loyal to his wife.
~King.

newbornmacho:
You have described the elephant from where you observed it.
Aisha Buhari's comments have been seen by other analysts as a cry for help. A cabal , and you never mentioned this, has hijacked the running of this country from the man Nigerians voted in to office. While there have been rumors to that effect this is the first solid proof. This lady knowing that Nigerians have no way of confirming such suspicions has done the nation a public service. In addition she has taken a principled stand on the matter which is reasonable: she wouldn't be used as a pawn in a game to deceive the masses ever again.
This woman clearly has been in contact with the masses who are disillusioned , and if the president has ignored her private warnings she may have had to do this to prove to ordinary Nigerians she is not part of the cabal ruining the nation.
That's not to completely justify her taking the matter public though, but we all are outsiders here and there are probably huge factors at play here.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by citizenY(m): 10:04am On Oct 15, 2016
rusher14:
[b]Buhari has a right to determine what role he and his wife would (with her willingness of course) play in his career and home building.

As much as she was candid in her opinion she was slightly tactless and not completely in tune with politicking and nation building.

Her concerns may be predictated on the Nigerian way of always having those in your employment based on how they are related to you rather than how they would affect your industry positively.

She is a wife and mother before a politician or president's wife. She doesn't hold a political position but a recognition of her role as the woman behind the man.

The president is also human.

He has displayed masculine and cultural instincts. He has displayed candour in his appointments and should be encouraged to do so though needing to fish from friendly waters.

The difference in opinion should be seen as an encouragement of the man to liberate the woman. Many were of the opinion that the northern man completely dominates the northern woman such that she never has a voice.

Her voice has been heard.

Her words noted.

His actions follow.

God bless Nigeria.
[/b]

On point. I saw snippeys of that interview and my take is as follows
1) There is intense competition for the president's attention and Aisha is not getting the upper hand

2) There is no "clannishness" in the appointments as portrayed by many people

3) AISHA wants her man to succeed

4) Since there is no office for the first lady, the press corps should nit unnecessarily expose this lady to the media.

4) Mr. President should see her opinion as that of any wellwisher and make corrections if necessary

5) Mr. PRESIDENT, in making light of the whole episode, should not have made those statements. He should have reserved them for discussion in tht "other room " where unity issues are "actualised" or "practicalised". The intended humour was not appropriate.

6) Finally, Mr President should be vigilant as the cobwebs around him expands.

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by bayelsaowei(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2016
forray:

He leaves abroad away from all the hardship and suffering we are going tru and comes on here to spew rubbish. No wonder. Waste of time and little energy engaging him. Iranu
my bro don't waste your time with him..i only engage him when I feel like looking for his trouble or abusing him... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by metallisc(m): 10:31am On Oct 15, 2016
Pidggin:

What is there to argue about? grin Aisha has exposed her husband's incompetence, nothing more to add there. Buhari on the other hand has shown himself to be an unrepentant sexist and a tactless one at that

If this was a civilized country, he will definitely be impeached after making such an unsavory comment. We are simply waiting to see how this will end, enjoy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 15, 2016
wristbangle:

I don't have time exchanging words with a feminist. What she said is right but she channelled it in the wrong place.
irunobo how are you? talk about feminism

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Pidggin(f): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2016
[quote author=metallisc post=50217162][/quote]

Awww kiss

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by PassingShot(m): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2016
Luxxyme:
I can say with certainty that you got it all wrong @passingshot.
what u have just done is a great disservice to the entire human race. Look at the political and economic stance of Nigeria now while making ur analysis. objectivity is the key.
Here, we are periscoping Aisha's points raised in her interview. Those points has no relevance to the economic situation but pure selfish interest.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2016
PassingShot:

Tell me you're joking.

Until her husband became president, she was a NOBODY. That tells us who needs who. cheesy
she is the granddaughter of a very powerful man. Buhari is privileged to have her as an helpmate

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by PassingShot(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2016
forray:

You're not making any sense. What has living abroad got to do with commenting on political development? When we say many wailing zombies lack ability for proper thinking some think it's exaggeration.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by PassingShot(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2016
NgcoboP:

she is the granddaughter of a very powerful man. Buhari is privileged to have her as an helpmate
Story for the gods. The very powerful man that is not known or can't be revealed.
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by PassingShot(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2016
[s]
Tunami:
and i did'nt remember telling any motherfurker that i love Aisha more than Buhari. Learn how to use ur number 6 when reasoning. Don't mention me again cos i won't reply you.
[/s]
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2016
PassingShot:

Story for the gods. The very powerful man that is not known or can't be revealed.

a little research will assist you. don't be a perpetual zombie. I am not responsible for educating you!

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by luvmijeje(f): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2016
The only thing I see wrong in the what the first Lady did is coming out to criticize her husband publicly and for her to do that it shows the President don't listen.

What she said doesn't warrant the insult to all women. It doesn't warrant the President to sanction our men to treat and see women as only good in the bedroom and in the kitchen. Which kind wahala be all this na.

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by NairaMaster1(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2016
kodded:

not surprised like buhari like supporters.... bunch of dulllardos undecided undecided undecided

The OP is a docile grin

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by drskyfly007(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2016
PassingShot:
We’ve all been inundated by the interview granted BBC by the president’s wife which revealed personal and political happenings within the household of the Buharis. In response to the interview, we’ve also heard the president remark that his wife belongs in his kitchen and other rooms in his house. Without mincing words, I make bold to say that the president’s wife has lost much of the respect she used to command by her act and has made a bad situation far worse. On the other hand, the revelation has made my love for the president to increase.

Prior to the election of March 2015, GMB, as he was known then, made unambiguous statement on several occasions that “there won’t be an Office of the First Lady” if he became president. Majority of Nigerians applauded the statement on the strength of what past First Ladies had caused the country. We know of First Ladies who practically ordered appointed ministers around. We saw a First Lady embarrass a sitting governor. We saw many First Ladies having their own multitude of staff. The past First Ladies used to have budget drawn out for their office even though the Constitution of Nigeria has no recognition for such. These are only a few of many anomalies that were done in the name of Office of the First Lady. So, when PMB made the statement then, he clearly wanted to depart from that culture of impunity and Nigerians loved him for it.

In the said interview, Aisha clearly expressed frustrations at not having undue influence on the man appointed by Nigerians to do a job. She obviously is not having enough say on how ministers, DGs and other top government officials are appointed and this has disappointment her a great deal. Just like the Lagos Assembly shamelessly revealed their frustration about PMB not consulting with Tinubu on appointments, Aisha thought it right to express similar frustration but in the worst possible manner.

Let's Examine Key Statements of Her Interview:
1. "The president does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don't know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years."

This clearly shows Aisha’s disposition to have undue influence on appointments. If not, why does the president need to know those who work for him or the country? What is important is those people’s qualifications and ability to do the job. Why should the appointees be known to Aisha on the strength of being the president’s wife of 27 years? This statement by the president’s wife reveals a lot about why/how the past First Ladies and their husbands appointed incompetent political jobbers to positions.

2. "Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position."

If anything, this is a positive on the part of the president. This simply means “no one needs to lobby for an appointment under Buhari once they’re qualified to do the job”. Won’t any reasonable being love the man?

3. "He is yet to tell me but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again."

This is about the most ridiculous of all her statements! It smells arrogance and pompousness. Who makes who? Who is known in the political arena? It is because of Muhammadu Buhari that we got to know Aisha Buhari. It is Muhammadu Buhari that’s the politician and not Aisha Buhari. Buhari won the last election not because his Aisha was on the campaign train even though she might have swayed a few voters. In fact, report had it that PMB was reluctant to allow Aisha join the campaign train but for Tinubu’s intervention. So, it is overestimation of her contribution to her husband’s success at the polls to make this statement because she has no political structure or clout to wield such influence.

As I said earlier, PMB by this development has earned further respect from me and many like me. He has proved over and over that he cannot be dictated to whether you are a Tinubu, Obasanjo or even the person who many would have thought could be used to get him – Aisha his wife and mother of four of his children. PMB has once again proved to be a man of principle and high moral standards! This is the kind of leader Nigeria needs to get out of the mess bestowed on us by undue interference from those close to past presidents.

PMB’s “Aisha Belongs to My Kitchen” Comment
As unnecessary as the response from the president might seem, one has to put himself in a position of a man, the president of the most populous black nation on earth, whose wife has become rebellious and a political foe (frenemy sort of) ready to crash the castle built over many years. I must even commend him for finding the strength to beam with laughter when answering question on his wife’s interview.
The president’s comment at that time couldn’t have been better worded to a wife who behaved with arrogance and insubordination. To make it clear to the bigots and hypocrites, a wife’s primary place is in the kitchen and her husband’s home. Any and every other duty is secondary to that.

Yes, our wives are educated, work and participate in governance and Aisha Buhari’s case is no different as she’s known to have been educated by the same man she’s trying hard to destroy now. We all know Aisha had a beauty salon/spa and a few other businesses before PMB became president. PMB has appointed a few women into high position in his administration. We also know that his daughters are educated. Clearly, all these are a proof that the president is not someone who does not believe in women’s ability to be equal to that of men in every aspect of life.
However, if a woman thinks she has a right to have undue and unwanted influence in a man’s job/life, there is nothing wrong in putting such women where they primarily belong - the kitchen and other rooms.

What Aisha did is capable of ruining her marriage and she will be the ultimate loser at the end of it. If that happens, all those urging her on will not be there to console her or offer any help. I could have asked her to ask PMB’s first wife (Safinatu of blessed memory) if she regretted accepting money from IBB who was holding her husband in a cell. Surely, she must have regretted her action one way or the other.

Civil contribution is appreciated
thank GOD u said is your opinion....LAST STRAW= YOUR OPINION IS USELESS....NEXT!

2 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 15, 2016
Gain Scholarship And Study Any Country Visit 2016 Scholarship News Now
Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Caseless: 11:09am On Oct 15, 2016
I agree with the OP. Aisha is overambitious-she wants to wield more influence like every other useless first lady before her and that's not forthcoming, so she became frustrated. I've never celebrated the fact that she's always in the news and on camera. Her regular appearance as imaginary first lady has reduce buhari's supporters base to some extent. The fear is, most of our leaders fall for their wives so we don't want their overbearing influence and this we are against in the north.

I love buhari for his response!

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Babaken(m): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2016
Na them zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by PassingShot(m): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2016
NgcoboP:

a little research will assist you. don't be a perpetual zombie. I am not responsible for educating you!
Escapism! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Koddedtinz: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2016
OP, you can write all the note in the world.... you are still no going to fool anyone other than your chronic zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ugokrix10: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2016
Must we Africanize everything? Even if Aisha is just a normal everyday Nigerian, isn't she free to air her opinion.? Let's just drop all these masculine ego that's leading this nation to hell and listen to the cry of that woman... A real man listens to the wife inside and won't want what she told him in the inside to be repeated outside. I believe she must have told PMB in the secret before now. So stop all these seeking of cheap popularity.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by soundmind4ree: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2016
...THEY ALWAYS HAVE EXCUSES...

1 Like

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by hungryboy(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2016
How can the mods. Bring the opinion of a known Apc spokesman on here to the frontpage?
For us who know him, we weren't expecting anything better,
But the Mods. Should either take this topic off the frontpage, or equally bring a topic criticising Buhari's stance to the frontpage

3 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by Surfboard(m): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2016
How much were you paid?

3 Likes

Re: Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars by ephi123(f): 11:16am On Oct 15, 2016
wiseoneking:
From now on i will take you as Buhari's second wife for you seems to claim some bedroom knowledge Aisha got that you know better. The most stupid write up i have ever read in most recent times. You are a weak man and ever unstable like waters. Are you Buhari's wife? Do you know their bed room secrets? Are you his third wife or have been sharing their matrimonial bed with them for the past 27 yrs. Who are you to challenge a wife of a man concerning her knowledge of her husband. Just enjoy your change with 17.9% inflation rate and poverty.

Never say never cheesy

Stone Age pa Buhari has forgotten he is living in the 21st century. The fact that some people are defending such outright backward statements is just amazing. Indeed, there will always be a Judas and Esau in every generation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari And Bashir Usman Tofa Meet In London (Photos) / Buhari Address To The Nation. / Nnamdi Kanu Flees, Now Hiding Over Terrorism Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.