Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar (60752 Views)

YOAAMC 2019: Junior Secondary School Girl Wins 100,000 And Other Prizes / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / Benue To Convert Junior Secondary Schools To Vocational Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
cococandy:
@mindfulness, I used to be. There was a time the best gift anyone could give was a book. I don't know what I can say happened (pretty recently too). Now I only read if I'm bored and there's nothing else to do. Which is kinda rare.

Efemenaxy, I haven't finished your book that I bought since almost 2yrs ago. Shows you how bad it has become. cry

Which book did Efe recommend?
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by jnrbayano(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Treasure Island, the Concubine, Toads for super, Emergency mission to Kala, Burning bush, Efuru, Weep Not Child, Arrow of God, No Longer at ease.......

I no sabi read but I cram their titles.

I'm a read-and-come-and-tell-me-the-story expert

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by callola: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
Dyt:
I remember a few
Always been a lazy reader
But I remember them all

But the one that almost gave me a knock is Macbeth
I think that's where the greedy schelock wanted a pound of flesh
nope, shylock is the merchants of Venice

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by cococandy(f): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
Mindfulness:

Which book did Efe recommend?

She didn't recommend it. She authored it.
I bought it from amazon kindle.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
cococandy:

She didn't recommend it. She authored it.
I bought it from amazon kindle.

Thanks Coco. I didn't know she released a book. This woman never seizes to amaze me. cheesy

[size=3pt]Put it down pls. I don't think she wants her name revealed here. [/size]
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by cococandy(f): 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
Mindfulness:

Thanks Coco. I didn't know she released a book. This woman never seizes to amaze me. cheesy

[size=3pt]Put it down pls. I don't think she wants her name revealed here. [/size]

Thought I cropped the name out
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
cococandy:

Thought I cropped the name out

Anyone can go to Amazon. wink
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by cococandy(f): 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
Mindfulness:

Anyone can go to Amazon. wink

I see.

Well let's hope she doesn't mind the publicity.
We want the book to sell don't we? cheesy
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
cococandy:

I see.

Well let's hope she doesn't mind the publicity.
We want the book to sell don't we? cheesy

There was no traffic and we were too fast. wink cool

But if we generated more income, I would want my fair share. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by delors(m): 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
dairykidd:

Animal Farm by George Orwell
fav characters: Napoleon,Snowball,Old Major

For me, fav characters would be Napoleon, Snowball, Boxer and Clover.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Realdeals(m): 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
The Drummer Boy!
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by egokudiowomoney: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
what of 'ogboju ode ninu Igbo irumole'?
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by ALAYORMII: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
dairykidd:
WITH THESE BOOKS/PLAYS:

The Lion & the jewel by Wole Soyinka
Never sparked my interest so i only followed it in class...i know it was abt two men fighting over one girl

Tales from Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb
my Fav plays were:
Macbeth
Othello
Much Ado About Nothing
Romeo & Juliet
The Tempest

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Fav characters: Oliver Twist,Faggin,Bill Sikes

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

Fav character:Okonkwo

The Passport of Mallam Ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi
Fav character:the young,brave and rugged Mallam Ilia

An African Night’s Entertainment by Cyprian Ekwensi
Had little interest in this too only read along in class

She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith
fav character: Kate

Dizzy Angel by Gracy Nma Osifo
fav character: that fine ogbanje girl and her wanna be boyfriend forgotten their names

i don't think i read this in my jss tho cos i later became a science student for 1 year before going to become a social science student and had to drop literature painfully..

Feel free to add yours

What about the "The Rivals"

Fav character Miss Malaprop
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
Macbeth was amazing....still hoping to buy the book.

I didn't go to JSS in the nineties though.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by olutosfem(f): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ralia the sugar girl
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by AdonaiRoofing(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Beast of England, beast of island,
Beast of every land and clime
Hearken to my joyful tidings of the glorious future time
Soon or later day is coming when the man shall be overthrow
When the all the food of England shall be own by beast alone.. .....

I love animal farm by George Orwell

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Cherishing(f): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Who is with me here grin

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by saintol(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
THE GODS ARE NOT TO BE BLAMED: By OLA ROTIMI
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by diva90: 6:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
These were books that were read till the early 2000's ... I remember all of them very well

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by ifeomaekol(f): 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
The pregnant virgin----cant rem d name of the author. I loved mills and boom bck then.
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by joanana(f): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
i love she stoops to conquer and Animal Farm

Two legs good
Four Legs Bad!!

"All animals are equal but some animal are more equal than others"

Animal Farm Anthem
"Beasts of England, Beasts of Ireland,

Beasts of every land and clime,

Hearken to my joyful tidings

Of the Golden future time.

Soon or late the day is coming,

Tyrant Man shall be o'erthrown,

And the fruitful fields of England

Shall be trod by beasts alone'

I remember all becos my dad bought the movie and i read the book. it was fun
Those days.l.l....

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
"Yesterday Bello was going to school, there was a lizard standing on the wall.
The lizard said, 'Bello good morning, are you going to school?
Bello said, 'good morning, yes I am."

- Day-By-Day

only those schooled in the 80s will understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 17, 2016
We wey no go school, do not know wetin you people dey talk. grin
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by collinskoko14: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
dairykidd:
WITH THESE BOOKS/PLAYS:

The Lion & the jewel by Wole Soyinka
Never sparked my interest so i only followed it in class...i know it was abt two men fighting over one girl

Tales from Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb
my Fav plays were:
Macbeth
Othello
Much Ado About Nothing
Romeo & Juliet
The Tempest

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Fav characters: Oliver Twist,Faggin,Bill Sikes

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

Fav character:Okonkwo

The Passport of Mallam Ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi
Fav character:the young,brave and rugged Mallam Ilia

An African Night’s Entertainment by Cyprian Ekwensi
Had little interest in this too only read along in class

She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith
fav character: Kate

Dizzy Angel by Gracy Nma Osifo
fav character: that fine ogbanje girl and her wanna be boyfriend forgotten their names

i don't think i read this in my jss tho cos i later became a science student for 1 year before going to become a social science student and had to drop literature painfully..

Feel free to add yours

Taming of the Shrew by Williams Shakespeare was my favorite... I can still remember Princess Kate

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by ChappyChase: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
dfrost:
Although by early 90s, I was just leaving primary school and about to enter secondary school, I still had the opportunity to read some of the books listed here because my late elder brother was in the Arts division then.

Trials of Brother Jero
She Stoops to Conquer
Macbeth - my dad had this in his library way back
Julius Caesar - ¿E tú Brutus?
Animal Farm - Benjamin the old horse
The Bottled Leopard
Romeo and Juliet
Anthills of the Savannah
Merchant of Venice

what a beautiful childhood.

Bro benjamin was donkey, the only smart animal apart from the pigs. It was Old Mayor that was the horse who was strong and very f000lish! O, how i so hated mayor the guy suffer finish them come go slughrter ham, and when they were taking him to the slughrter the other animals were busy waving in jubilation thinking that they were taking him to the hospital not until Benjamin screamed "fools they are taking him to the slaughter house!" Omo i cried for that book, no be small tears i shade. "All animals are EQUAL, but some are MORE EQUAL than others"

typical naija politics.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by Ade3000yrs(m): 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
good
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by infotainment(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2016
1)The boy slave 2)The return of shettima

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by dfrost: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
ChappyChase:

Bro benjamin was donkey, the only smart animal apart from the pigs. It was Old Mayor that was the horse who was strong and very f000lish!"

typical naija politics.

Thanks ChappyChase for the correction. Old Ben was a donkey. I mixed them up.

Did you happen to read this Nigerian literature of a guy that went on a revenge mission because his betrothed fiancee was given to another man to marry? I can't remember the name of the literature

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by hadura29(m): 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmmm.

Me I read

Nelkom
Goh Cheng leon
Pn Okeke
Etc
Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by fortune5351(m): 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
sizwe bansi is dead, Black boy, beggars on strike, bottled leopard

1 Like

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by freshvine(f): 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
I read as it was offered in my JSS back then

1. African Child..... Camara ley
2. Chike and the river.... CHINUA achebe
3. The gods are not to blame.... Ola rotimi
4. Akpan and the smugglers.... Rosemary uwemedimo
5. Eze goes to school.... CHINUA achebe
6. Animal farm... George Orwell
7. Wedlock of the gods... Zulu sofola
8. The return of Shettima.... Kola onadipe

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Your Junior Secondary In The Early Nineties You Are Probably Familiar by popekay(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Scoundrels in Uniform

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Salary For A Graduate Assistant In A Federal Polytechnic / WAEC Reacts To Nigeria’s Embargo On WASSCE / Photo: A Teacher Punishing Some Students For Noise Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.