Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! (29805 Views)

World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food? / World's Food Day Oct 16th How I Celebrated / World Food Day Is Today. What's Your Favorite Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Odunharry(m): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
1bkaye:
Everyday is world food day to me lol
Olounje

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by buffalowings: 11:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
I can just be that guy

But this looks patronising as Bleep.

Giving kids sweetened biscuits and what not to let them forget hunger for today

And see it staring at them tomorrow?
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Hennynitan(m): 11:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
Evergreen4:
Are we suppose to join the rest of the world in celebrating, when a bag of rice is 22,000 naira, Families can't afford 3 square meal a day ?
3 ke? can't even afford 2
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
1bkaye:

Lool what is a sweet southern accent please? cheesy

It's Ibkaye, hey agaba! Longest time, hope you're well smiley

I use to have a crush on you back in the day,heck I even created a thread about it which made FP .but then you broke my heart to bits when you were fcvking everyone else but me,then I knew we could never be.
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 17, 2016
[b][i]This just goes to show the level of poverty in the country[i][b]

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by justmenoni: 12:49am On Oct 17, 2016
Op, don't call or invite lala unless that you'll include picture of a snake meal
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Amberon11: 5:24am On Oct 17, 2016
Fool, you didn't need to pretend to be a christian. Why aren't you proud of atheism? What brought Christianity into this? Is it your money that we give in churches? Always dissing an imaginary being. Your sanity should needs questioning.
CAPSLOCKED:

THE OP SAYS THE PICTURES WILL INSPIRE ME, I THINK THEY JUST REMINDED ME OF HOW BROKEN THE SYSTEM IS.
UTTERLY DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR.

I SEE A BUNCH OF PALE, STARVING, MALNOURISHED KIDS AROUND MY STREET EVERYDAY WHILE I DRIVE BY TO THE CHURCH TO SEND ALL MY MONEY THROUGH THE PASTORS BANK ACCOUNT TO GOD, HOPING TO MAKE HEAVEN BECAUSE RELIGION HAS MADE ME TO BELIEVE THAT FEEDING AN IMAGINARY, MYTHICAL CREEPER IS MORE IMPORTANT AND PROFITABLE THAN FEEDING THE ONES IN NEED.
IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

WORLD FOOD DAY, THE RICH AND COMFORTABLE ARE CELEBRATING WHILE THE POOR (INCLUDING KIDS) ARE STARVING.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by agabaI23(m): 5:28am On Oct 17, 2016
1bkaye:

Lool what is a sweet southern accent please? cheesy

It's Ibkaye, hey agaba! Longest time, hope you're well smiley
Wow! Yes longest-est time. Yea, London accent is super. There was this audio you posted some years back that got everyone on NL crazy.

I am good. Most people from that NL era hardly show up again or they just read and disappear. Resident landlords are still here lol.

Hope you're good too?
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by alezzy13: 5:36am On Oct 17, 2016
part of the problem of hunger is that too many poor people keep procreating like insane rabbits.

Harsh but true.
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:02am On Oct 17, 2016
r
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by CAPSLOCKED: 6:07am On Oct 17, 2016
Amberon11:
Fool, you didn't need to pretend to be a christian. Why aren't you proud of atheism? What brought Christianity into this? Is it your money that we give in churches? Always dissing an imaginary being. Your sanity should needs questioning.

I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN AND I'LL NEVER BE.
I'M NOT AN ATHEIST, YOU DON'T KNOW ME.
ITS 6 IN THE MORNING.. I'LL HAVE SOMETHING ELSE FOR BREAKFAST NOT TRADING INSANITY WITH YOU.
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by davbravo(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2016
SaAbbas:
Let us celebrate then
grin
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by streetzdreamz(m): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2016
alezzy13:
part of the problem of hunger is that too many poor people keep procreating like insane rabbits.

Harsh but true.
wrong, it's not part bro, its the major problem and cause,people won't just reason with their brain cells, the poor gives birth to kids,kids,more kids and you'd see the rich with just 2-3, I always thought this trait is stereotyped to the illiterates only, until I encountered some educated guys who can barely feed themselves, go down this same lane!! why give birth to kids you can't cater for? why get married when you can't run a family yet? why start up that project that'l drain your last cent!! people just don't draw a preference scale before they take some decisions, I loathe parents in this category.
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 17, 2016
youmour:

I use to have a crush on you back in the day,heck I even created a thread about it which made FP .but then you broke my heart to bits when you were fcvking everyone else but me,then I knew we could never be.
Lol sorry yeah
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 17, 2016
agabaI23:
Wow! Yes longest-est time. Yea, London accent is super. There was this audio you posted some years back that got everyone on NL crazy.

I am good. Most people from that NL era hardly show up again or they just read and disappear. Resident landlords are still here lol.

Hope you're good too?
Lool, everyone's disappeared, or lurking, it's been almost 10 years tbh lol I'm great thanks, nice to hear from you dear, hope you have a nice day smiley
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by HyDef(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2016
My favourite day of the year. :p
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by deturla: 8:55am On Oct 17, 2016
streetzdreamz:
wrong, it's not part bro, its the major problem and cause,people won't just reason with their brain cells, the poor gives birth to kids,kids,more kids and you'd see the rich with just 2-3, I always thought this trait is stereotyped to the illiterates only, until I encountered some educated guys who can barely feed themselves, go down this same lane!! why give birth to kids you can't cater for? why get married when you can't run a family yet? why start up that project that'l drain your last cent!! people just don't draw a preference scale before they take some decisions, I loathe parents in this category.

I love this point so much!

Part of the reason for my documentary photography is to provide enlightenment for all these parents. They should be advised on the implications of not putting their manhood in check when they are hustling!... These kids will just come to the world to suffer.

That said, I think you and I can still play a part in assisting as much as we can.
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by streetzdreamz(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2016
deturla:

I love this point so much!

Part of the reason for my documentary photography is to provide enlightenment for all these parents. They should be advised on the implications of not putting their manhood in check when they are hustling!... These kids will just come to the world to suffer.

That said, I think you and I can still play a part in assisting as much as we can.
yea yea, the kids gets to suffer for their parents foolishness and s*xual hunger, your last sentence though, am not really good at that, even though I give freely with no strings attached,but I get a kinda restraint in scenarios like this,walk up to a kid and offer something, the society has manipulated such free will offers and in turn labeled the givers as proud,trumpet blowers,ritualists,n d likes....
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by agabaI23(m): 9:46am On Oct 17, 2016
1bkaye:
Lool, everyone's disappeared, or lurking, it's been almost 10 years tbh lol I'm great thanks, nice to hear from you dear, hope you have a nice day smiley
That's really good to know. I am good too. You have a nice day too. cheesy
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2016
1bkaye:
Lol sorry yeah

It's cool,not gon lie I also wanted to just bust a nut and bail.
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Tifee07: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2016
morgist:
food
This place looks like Cotonou local food canteen.
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2016
youmour:

It's cool,not gon lie I also wanted to just bust a nut and bail.
Lol yeah unlikely
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2016
1bkaye:
Lol yeah unlikely

Keep lolling and replying you still might end up getting this super D
Re: Today Is World Food Day! These Pictures Will Inspire You! by mamawin(f): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Adebowhales:
Real guyz don't play temple run..... They go to d zoo, open d
gate, slap the lion and start running....
Just_saying_tho...
you one of dem real guys? when next you going to the zoo?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread Of Foods You Can Cook On Christmas Day / Worst Food You Have Ever Eaten? / Noodles Challenge Thread.. Post Your Cooked Instant Noodles And Lets Rate!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.