Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (36062 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by elektra(f): 5:10am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

My dear, God requires your 10% to be given in the church. From all circumstances in Bible, the tenth of blessings was given to the priests only/in the temple of God. Don't let anybody ever deceive u concerning this. A genuine man of God can never use your money for personal gratification but for sponsorship of the church's vision.

On the bolded, Oga please allow me to inform you that the only thing you are sponsoring is your pastor or GO's career. That is why when they are introducing guest pastors they will list all their accomplishments, how many churches he has planted, how many branches he has, the number of people in his church, the size of the church... ETC. All these things on pastor's CV na your money oh! But e no dey your own CV. Pastor is busy preparing his retirement plan ontop of your sweat.
If you channel this energy you are using to pay tithe into living like Christ (who never paid tithe BTW), you will do more good that the whole of your pastor's tithe paying congregation.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Sunbellar: 5:40am On Oct 19, 2016
annunaki2:

It's actually greedy pastors that preach tithhing. There is absolutely no scripture in the bible that directs Christians to tithe of their income. Tithes as it is preached today is derived from twisting old testament scriptures to suit the greed of those preaching it.
You said it all!
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by chigoziri2403(m): 5:43am On Oct 19, 2016
MadCow1:

Apparently it is according to Christians.

A Pastor even described such a scenario as you have painted as a temptation from the Devil to deny you of God's blessings.. grin
then what is the essence of the injunction love thy neighbor as thyself? which is more important? to save a life or to pay your tithe?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Kirinwa: 5:53am On Oct 19, 2016
seaboi06:
Nonsense,is God spending money?
At op it's better giving to the poor than giving to your pastor who rides big car
fela don talk

1 Corinthians 3:19 Bible said wisdom of men is foolishness before Him

Even Atheists and unbelievers speak as regards the Bible. Op I know that you know the truth but only wants to deride and make mockery of God's commandments.

For that I will say what Jesus said when faced with similar question from the Pharisees. He said "Give unto Ceasar the things that are Ceasar's and unto God the things that are His".

When Saul was slaughtered the fat animal and offered to God after God commanded him to destroy everything; It was counted unto him as disobedience and he lost the kingdom to David; a man after God's own heart. Op repent now.

Read Malachi 3:10 and behave not as the Atheists who know the truth but choose ignorance and human folly.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Henrichemeka(m): 6:03am On Oct 19, 2016
Add offering and tithe to it to attract God's presence
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by elektra(f): 6:10am On Oct 19, 2016
Henrichemeka:
Add offering and tithe to it to attract God's presence

Chai! I thought I'd seen it all.
So it is offering and tithe that attracts God's presence?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by eROCK247(m): 6:11am On Oct 19, 2016
SUPOL:
ur a stingy man. Did u study economics?
Economists r nt stingy!!! And OP, I can't help cos m having d same dilemma. God bless u for raising this topic.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by ookay(m): 6:12am On Oct 19, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:
Good Morning my fellow Nairalanders.

I believe my calling on earth is to assist anyone around me, in every little way I can. I do support beggars, support my friends, support my family members.

My question today is this "what if I use my Tithes and Offerings to help those in need"

Will God be angry with me? Will the cursed for not paying titles follow me?

Advise please, forgive me for the poor write up.

God will not be happy with you if you don't pay tithe but you give to the needy only. Give unto God that which is God's and unto Cesar that which is Cesar's.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:16am On Oct 19, 2016
Demigods666:

If you have indeed read my thread then your question is already answered.

i said i need clarification on it
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Agbawotosabi(m): 6:17am On Oct 19, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

I believe my calling on earth is to assist anyone around me, in every little way I can. I do support beggars, support my friends, support my family members.

My question today is this "what if I use my Tithes and Offerings to help those in need"

cheesy cheesy all dis yahoo yahoo pastors in suit both younng n old, popular n upcoming ones who preach one section of the bible that favours their dubious actions while not teaching d message dat really gives an insight into the matter
They are always quick to preach on malachi 3:6-12 with d head ''The payment of tithes'' that tells u dat u must pay tithe while ignoring Deuteronomy 14:22-29 with d head ''The Law of the tithe'' which teaches hw d tithe should be paid or observed.
Many people just dey follow follow dey close deir eyes
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:18am On Oct 19, 2016
kdfinest:
Look who is saying people refused thier bible, maybe u should digest more of the word of God nt just read tru dats if u read it at all. (Mal 3:8-98 "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, 'In what
way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.9 You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this wholenation. Bring all the tithes and offerings into my storehouse that there may be meat In my house and prove me now"wink

there's what they call quoting scripture out of context... that's what u just did
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 19, 2016
LifeDrama:
Thanks sir!

No probs wink
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by annunaki2(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2016
sarhmuhel:
well, I have little to say about u people speaking of grace n law............ just be mindful of ur believe xo it won't lead u wrongly....... tithings is a one tenth of your income either in cash or not ......

Stop peddling false claims, just show me from the bible were tithes is defined as income and I will sheath my sword. I don't need all this modern day scriptural manipulation used to justify monetary tithing.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i said i need clarification on it

Dude it's clearly written and known that the bible is false book to subdue the mind of the reader and masses to lock away the spiritual side of humanity so they never awaken the power of God inside them, you think if they didn't device a way to lock humanity away they would be able to control the world as they(illuminati, Jews, greys, aliens) are doing now?. Can you go to a house to attack someone amidst 4 hefty strong men? Certainly not. What do you do to carry out a Swift mission? Diversion. That's why they brought religion to easily divert the mind of the masses into various faction. That's why the so called Christian pops publicly do wrong things and break their own Christian law with no worries, why? Because they know it' doesn't exist.

Only a man who is open minded will see the very wickedness and killings of people by jewish god in the bible. Such cruelty and then shifts the blame to satan in the Bible who never for once murdered anyone in the Bible.

Common sense.

666 is perfection. It's clearly written in my signature.

But let me break it down a bit

666 represents immortality, perfection and is the Kabbalistic square of the Sun. 666 is the all-important solar chakra. The true meaning of the "Temple of Solomon" is the TEMPLE OF THE SUN. "Sol" "Om" and "On" are all words for the Sun. "Sol" is the Latin word for the Sun and is close to the English word "soul."
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by LordIsaac(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2016
"This ought you to have done without leaving the other undone." Matthew 23:23
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by lanreni: 6:40am On Oct 19, 2016
I hate discussing issues like this in public forums. How can the carnal man/mind understand the things of God? they are foolishness to him/her. I am seeing even atheists on this thread dey argue tithe. wetin concern agbero with overload? smh!
OP, if you are attending a church or fellowship were you are neither getting sound teachings from the pulpit nor able to meet any one better in understanding than you, then you better find another branch/parish/denomination. There's nothing like being around persons who can help you seek God for answers to your life questions, while giving you the support and encouragement you need.
Without too much talk, the two are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! If you are suspicious of the usefulness of your tithe in the church you are attending, better relocate. Don't listen to those who have lost faith in pastors. Both giving are important and attract their rewards, depending on your motive, the pastor over where you pay tithe (if he is called;serving God wholeheartedly), and the person(s) (either in church or outside) that is REALLY NEEDY. May God grant us all understanding and a heart of full obedience.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Ugogenius(m): 6:57am On Oct 19, 2016
As you give to the poor and the needy, God in his infinite mercy will bless you more abundantly ” Be wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by motherfucker: 7:06am On Oct 19, 2016
annunaki2:

It's actually greedy pastors that preach tithhing. There is absolutely no scripture in the bible that directs Christians to tithe of their income. Tithes as it is preached today is derived from twisting old testament scriptures to suit the greed of those preaching it.
did Jesus christ pay tithe at anytime in his life?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by AlanSugar(m): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

dude... I'm not an atheist.. not paying tithes doesn't make me an atheist

He called you an atheist for not supporting tithes paying, call him a thieve for stealing from the gullibles, shikena!

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by micxwell(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2016
Greenbullet:

The answer is that tithing is not the New Testament
standard for giving. Perhaps more than any other
factor, giving reflects the condition of our hearts:
“Where your treasure is, there will your heart be
also” ( Matt. 6:21 ). You can fake some things, but
you can’t fake giving your money! You may get mad
at me, but I’m going to give it to you straight: If you
give ten percent or less of your income to the
Lord’s work, in most cases it reflects a lukewarm
heart toward God. I used to give ten percent and
thought I was doing fine. Then I made the mistake
of preaching on giving! I discovered that God’s
Word teaches that ...
We should not tithe because God wants us to give
generously, and tithing is the bare minimum.
Our God is a generous, giving God who so loved
the world that He gave that most precious gift, His
only begotten Son. “For you know the grace of our
Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for
your sake He became poor, that you through His
poverty might become rich” (2 Cor. 8:9 ). As God’s
people who are to be like Jesus, we are to be
generous givers.
The Bible teaches that God, who richly has supplied
us with all good things, wants us “to be generous
and ready to share” (1 Tim. 6:18 ).
now my question for you is ,did you do it as an obligation or out of the generosity of your heart.
This is seriously some Bullet. Exactly what I tell people, even the 10% is small. For me giving generously means u can decide to give 50% since the person we are all looking up to (Jesus) gave ALL. Paying with the mind that you'll be CURSED or ARRESTED that's not LOVE that's FEAR jare.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by drfk001(m): 7:13am On Oct 19, 2016
efficiencie:

I doubt you are even a Christian that even knows the spiritual and scriptural significance of tithing...like the herd that attends your church you pay tithes because like a herd you toe the line ahead irrespective of where the line leads...Your few words stink of anger, hate and defiance of the truth...
Continue rubbing your condescending as*s, I didn't ask you to assess if am a Christian, and your opinion counts for zero
Oga spiritual, what did the Bible talk about judging people. You smell of fanaticism, you have no business trying to make me view Christianity from your point of view

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by AlanSugar(m): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:
Mal 3:8-98 "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, 'In what wayhave we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.9 You are cursed with a curse, for you haverobbed Me, even this wholenation. Bring all the tithes and offerings into my storehouse that there may be meat In my house and prove me now"

I honestly don't understand when people reason like this... "That there may be food in my house" for who? I believe the "in my house" means the church? How many of the property/items owned by thieving pastors belong to the church? Take oydescam for instance, does his private jets belong to the church, his rich dishes get shared by every member of the congregation, the church schools get attended by all and sundry of the congregation needing sound education, his big big shoes and jackets which are proceeds of tithes and offerings bringing "food" in God's house gets shared and worn by all congregants? The list is endless...... If the so called food in God's houses are only meant for the single oga at the top then that's not good enof!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by micxwell(m): 7:26am On Oct 19, 2016
castroevans:
I would advice u pay ur tithe to ur church and also gonna encourage u to give ur offering. Helping the poor and needy is a totally different thing.
Now lemme ask u these questions...
How do they pay the cleaners, drummers,
The instrumentalists and also power their gen? Forget about the flashy cars and other material things u see, all u need do is follow what's scriptural.
It's kinda funny, you know they tell instrumentalists to WORK FOR GOD (No payments). And most pastors earn their salaries. I'm a keyboardist and I will never collect money to worship or aid the worship of that Baba.
I pay a good measure of my income not because of the fear of being cursed or because of flood gates o(God is not a money doubler)
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by AlanSugar(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2016
akpanikpe:
Good morning for this kind time? It's either the op is high on pure water or the mods that delay moving the thread to fp since morning is high on kunu. undecided

The argument is on tithe, you are arguing on time. Do they sound alike?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by optimism91(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

I think this would also help. Though, I pay mine.

Luke 6:38, Luke 10:27-37.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by greatermax77(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2016
Matt.23,23. woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy and faith. these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by omari5(f): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

It is what you are meant to do...or else you will be robbing God nd that can attract curse from God. When you pay ur tithe nd offering, heaven doors re open 2 rain blessings on u nd devoured won't cme close, if u genuinely nd steadfastly pay ur tithe nd offering malachi3:8-11
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:41am On Oct 19, 2016
ookay:

God will not be happy with you if you don't pay tithe but you give to the needy only. Give unto God that which is God's and unto Cesar that which is Cesar's.

stop lying... so God won't be happy with him because? u guys have been deceived yet you're afraid to accept so. God doesn't need our money...pls state where it is written that God needs your money

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by iyababs: 7:44am On Oct 19, 2016
Hum,this is my take on this,Tithe payment is an act of faithfulness to God not to be given because you want blessings from God,you were already blessed when Christ died.According to the bible,when inheritance /portion was shared,the levites did not get anything,God told them he was their portion i.e. they were only supposed to work in the temple/church,the levite/pastor is supposed to work only in church,do the work of God ,not adding anyother proffession like we see these days where pastors doubles as politicians ,bankers and what have you. The tithes and offerings from the other tribes were to be brought to the church for the levites such that the levites were even reacher than other tribes.

Nevertheless, the welbeing of the levites depended on how well the other tribes did ,the levites were supposed to uphold the others spiritually thereafter get blessed by the others who physical portions auch as land to farm has been given. Pastors are sup to be full time pastors while we the members pay tithes and offering to them.
I think a full time pastor should get our physical blessings like tithes and offerings while they take up their spiritual appoitments seriously without distractions from side jobs.Pay you tithes but i don't pay.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 7:47am On Oct 19, 2016
12inches1:

Can you imagine this people? I dont pay tithe. Oya come and drive me away from church. I wont do what I dont believe in. If you want to pay your tithe then pay it. If they call for contribution for church project, I can contribute and offer my services to it for free. However, I will not give 10% of my income for whatever reason and no devourer will devour my income. All these scare tactics cant work on me. Some churches will even say all those that pay tithe that month should come (or dance) forward and those that didnt should stay behind. Is all this in the bible? Yes, churches need money but they should stop obtaining it from members through dubious means.

Bro there is no point in arguing on this issue of tithe. For me I believe and try my best to fulfill all the commandments of God whether it makes human sense or not because I walk by faith not by sight having confidence in Jesus Christ that he will keep me and make my path straight.
Why don't you pray that "God I want to know you more" when he comes he comes with the understanding, anointing, grace and favour. Then you would have the full knowledge of him not just what your pastors says.

Have a blessed day

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:48am On Oct 19, 2016
Demigods666:

Dude it's clearly written and known that the bible is false book to subdue the mind of the reader and masses to lock away the spiritual side of humanity so they never awaken the power of God inside them, you think if they didn't device a way to lock humanity away they would be able to control the world as they(illuminati, Jews, greys, aliens) are doing now?. Can you go to a house to attack someone amidst 4 hefty strong men? Certainly not. What do you do to carry out a Swift mission? Diversion. That's why they brought religion to easily divert the mind of the masses into various faction. That's why the so called Christian pops publicly do wrong things and break their own Christian law with no worries, why? Because they know it' doesn't exist.

Only a man who is open minded will see the very wickedness and killings of people by jewish god in the bible. Such cruelty and then shifts the blame to satan in the Bible who never for once murdered anyone in the Bible.

Common sense.

666 is perfection. It's clearly written in my signature.

But let me break it down a bit

666 represents immortality, perfection and is the Kabbalistic square of the Sun. 666 is the all-important solar chakra. The true meaning of the "Temple of Solomon" is the TEMPLE OF THE SUN. "Sol" "Om" and "On" are all words for the Sun. "Sol" is the Latin word for the Sun and is close to the English word "soul."

ok thanks
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by EzeeYFB(m): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2016
Demigods666:

Sure. You can view my profile and read my threads.
splendid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Apostle Ken Mbachi Kneels Down For Johnson Suleman In Enugu (pics) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary / Oyedepo, The Media And The Power Of Irresponsible Journalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.