Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,084 members, 7,852,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (36148 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by EzeeYFB(m): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2016
Demigods666:

Sure. You can view my profile and read my threads.
splendid
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2016
EzeeYFB:
splendid

Then afterwards you can ask me any question
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by WinkWrld: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2016
After reading all well and said. I will advice those saying 10% tithe must be paid. Pls and pls. The people around u and even urself is a symbol of God. Help one another befor thinking of going to put ur hard earnings in d box of that church. You cant go wrong. You are not rubbing God that way. I believe God will be happier to see u do that.

Do not say i have given to church and its left for the pastor to use the money. Ignorance is never an excuse. He said my people die because of ignorance.
You do not bother about the expensive lifestyle of ur pastor. You dont want to know how he is getting the money to live dat way. Yet, u go to give him your money. Your pastor dosent carry gun at night. You dont want to ask ur self the question.
You arr not just deceiving urself, u are deceiving God.
Tell yourself the truth. Follow Christ. Give to the poor, needy and helpless. Help your community, society and brothers. Pay that childs school fees., buy that womans medication. Help that community to get light and water.
That is what matters. Also encourage your pastors and priest. Do not be confused. God sees everything. He will be the judge.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by DCTrendy(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Greenbullet:

you are rather complicating issues . please do not use earthy circumstances to judge matters concerning Gods divinity.
My brother Gods word have been twisted ,those pastors have edited it to enable them squeeze their members of their hard earned money.only if you read the bible.

My brother, unless you run a church in your house, you dont have the capacity to use your tithe!

U refer me to the bible but i think you re the one that needs to read it well and understand.

The Bible simply says, Bring all tithes into my store 'HOUSE'!

When did your own house/apt become a church?

Anything aside this is a meaningless argument, trust me. And am outta here
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by martineinstein(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Nasa28:
The truth is that the ppl of the old suffered from false prophet, but we're suffering from false teachers.

I laugh wen ppl say God will curse ppl dat don't pay tithe.

Did JESUS COME FOR THITHE OR TO SAVE PPL.

WE all should support the work of God through our voluntary giving, whether tithe or offering but laying much emphasis on Malachi has been the problem of the church. Ppl now give out of fear so that God won't curse them.

God pls help your church in Nigeria
matt 23 vs 23....answers and summerises ur comment
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by bibe(m): 8:11am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

My dear, God requires your 10% to be given in the church. From all circumstances in Bible, the tenth of blessings was given to the priests only/in the temple of God. Don't let anybody ever deceive u concerning this. A genuine man of God can never use your money for personal gratification but for sponsorship of the church's vision.

If u feel your pastor will eat your tithe, it means u don't trust him. Then why u still there? Go out and find a holy church.

I go to The Lord's Chosen Ministry.

''Bring you aaaalllll the tithe and offering so that there will be meat in my house'' Malachi 3

You must give your tithe and offering to God. Giving to the poor is not offering. It's called Charity or alms-giving.

If a church is so rich and you perceive that its not channelling the wealth to save souls and spread gospel of salvation, what you can do is look for a good righteous church you perceive God's presence and offer there.

If you really want to observe the tithe of the old testament, then give it to the levite, Goodluck finding one. And don't even qualify priests or pastors as one. Even the Jews no longer pay tithe. Go figure.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by steve13(m): 8:15am On Oct 19, 2016
This tithe issue , I will tell you in plain terms to STOP PAYING TO ALL THIS BUSINESS AGENTS CALLING THEM SELF MEN OF GOD,WHO ACTUALLY MADE THEM MEN OF GOD GOD MUST BE LAUGHING AT US,

READ DEUT 14:22 TILL THE END ,IT WILL OPEN YOUR EYES

GOD SAID GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVING UNTO YOU,

GOD SAID GIVERS NEVER LACK

GOD SAID IF YOU DON'T GIVE TO ONE OF THE NEEDY AROUND YOU,YOU DID NOT GIVE TO ME

Don't cage your self ,if your tithe is not used to buy food for all the congregation to eat ,you may not have a reward
I can go on and on

I DON'T PAY TITHE TO CHURCHES,I GIVE THE NEEDY AND GOD HAS BLESSED ME MORE THAN I IMAGINED
TOO BLESSED ,

GIVE ,GIVE ,GIVE
GIVE TO THE FATHERLESS,THE MOTHERLESS ,THE WIDOW , AND THE POOR ,

SOME CAN NOT GET A LOAF OF BREAD FOR DINNER,SOME STAY HUNGRY FOR DAYS ,

GIVE TO THE MOTHERLESS HOMES ,

PLS I BEG YOU ,PLEASE

GOD WILL RICHLY BLESS YOU

I STARTED MY BUSINESS IN NIGERIA IN 2012 WITH ONE STAFF,
NOW I HAVE 4 BRANCHES IN ABUJA,PH AND LAGOS WITH 22 STAFF , I WON'T SAY ALL HERE.

GIVE TO THE NEEDY AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by oaroloye(m): 8:20am On Oct 19, 2016
SHALOM!

CollinsWeGlobe:
Good Morning my fellow Nairalanders.

I believe my calling on earth is to assist anyone around me, in every little way I can. I do support beggars, support my friends, support my family members.

Have you assisted people like ME?

. MATTHEW 25:31-46.

31. "When The Son of Man
shall come in his Glory,
and all the Holy Angels with him,
then shall he sit upon
The Throne of his Glory:
32. "And before him
shall be gathered all nations:
and he shall separate
them one from another,
as a shepherd divideth
his sheep from the goats:
33. "And he shall set the sheep
on his right hand,
but the goats on the left.
34. "Then shall the King say
unto them on his right hand,

'COME, YE BLESSED OF MY FATHER,
INHERIT THE KINGDOM
PREPARED FOR YOU
FROM THE FOUNDATION
OF THE WORLD:
35. 'FOR I WAS AN HUNGRED,
AND YE GAVE ME MEAT:
I WAS THIRSTY,
AND YE GAVE ME DRINK:
I WAS A STRANGER,
AND YE TOOK ME IN:
36. 'NAKED, AND YE CLOTHED ME:
I WAS SICK,
AND YE VISITED ME:
I WAS IN PRISON,
AND YE CAME UNTO ME.'

37. Then shall the Righteous
answer him, saying,

'LORD, WHEN SAW WE THEE
AN HUNGRED,
AND FED THEE?
OR THIRSTY,
AND GAVE THEE DRINK?
38. 'WHEN SAW WE THEE
A STRANGER,
AND TOOK THEE IN?
OR NAKED,
AND CLOTHED THEE?
39. 'OR WHEN SAW WE THEE
SICK,
OR IN PRISON,
AND CAME UNTO THEE?'

40. "And the King shall answer
and say unto them,

'VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU,

"INASMUCH AS YE HAVE DONE IT
UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE
MY BRETHREN,
YE HAVE DONE IT
UNTO ME." '

41. "Then shall he say also
unto them on the left hand,

'DEPART FROM ME,
YE CURSED,
INTO EVERLASTING FIRE,
PREPARED FOR THE DEVIL
AND HIS ANGELS:
42. 'FOR I WAS AN HUNGRED,
AND YE GAVE ME NO MEAT:
I WAS THIRSTY,
AND YE GAVE ME NO DRINK:
43. 'I WAS A STRANGER,
AND YE TOOK ME NOT IN:
NAKED, AND YE CLOTHED ME NOT:
SICK, AND IN PRISON,
AND YE VISITED ME NOT.'

44. "Then shall they also
answer him, saying,

'LORD, WHEN SAW WE THEE
AN HUNGRED, OR ATHIRST,
OR A STRANGER, OR NAKED,
OR SICK, OR IN PRISON,
AND DID NOT MINISTER
UNTO THEE?'

45. "Then shall he answer them, saying,

'VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU,

"INASMUCH AS YE DID IT NOT
TO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE,
YE DID IT NOT TO ME." '

46. "And these shall go away
into Everlasting Punishment:
but the Righteous into Life Eternal."

IN ORDER TO BUILD THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH, BELIEVERS MUST SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER.

If Junior Brethren do not support Senior Brethren who are feeding them, how will they ever develop into Senior Brethren themselves?

My question today is this "what if I use my Tithes and Offerings to help those in need"

Look at this foolishness you are doing, now.

What are you doing? I think this is just trolling.

How can anybody be so brainless as to ask such a question in public?

Do you follow THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, or do you follow what you read on the Internet?

. MALACHI 3:6-12.

[6]For I am the LORD, I change not;
therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
[7]Even from the days of your fathers
ye are gone away from mine ordinances,
and have not kept them.
Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
[8]Will a man rob God?
Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say,
Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.
[9]Ye are cursed with a curse:
for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
[10]Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,
that there may be meat in mine house,
and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts,
if I will not open you the windows of heaven,
and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
[11]And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,
and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground;
neither shall your vine cast her fruit
before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
[12]And all nations shall call you blessed:
for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

ARE THEY YOUR TITHED AND OFFERINGS?

DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE WITH THEM, THEN!

but, if they are GOD'S TITHES AND OFFERINGS, then you pay them WHERE HE COMMANDED YOU TO!

Will God be angry with me? Will the cursed for not paying titles follow me?

WHY ARE YOU ASKING US?

This proves that you are not a Christian of any sort.

Don't you have Brethren?

Don't you have a Pastor to ask these things?

Advise please, forgive me for the poor write up.

By no means.

It proves what a FAKE you are.

Why are you not versed in preaching The Gospel over the Internet?

Why would you give your money away, when you don't even have a Message?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Holysholay: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2016
Fortunately, my God Almighty neither spend money nor eat food. He inhabit in d praises of his people.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by annunaki2(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2016
DCTrendy:

My brother, unless you run a church in your house, you dont have the capacity to use your tithe!

U refer me to the bible but i think you re the one that needs to read it well and understand.

The Bible simply says, Bring all tithes into my store 'HOUSE'!

When did your own house/apt become a church?

Anything aside this is a meaningless argument, trust me. And am outta here

Can you give me a biblical definition of tithes with scriptures to back it up? Kindly note it must be scriptural and not a twisted definition as is so prevalent these days.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by annunaki2(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
matt 23 vs 23....answers and summerises ur comment

This verse was addressed to pharisees who were under the law and not Christians who are under grace. That verse made it clear that tithing is an aspect of the law and Christians are not under the law.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Kayboy11(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2016
The truth believe of what I know is..... Any pastor you give your tithe and offering that use it for self grafitation will face the wrath of God........ DO YOUR PART AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD...... Giving to those beggers at times could be a waste of money coz some of them ain't real..... ONLY GOD KNOWS THE REAL BEIGN.... Thanks
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by bobkezel(m): 8:54am On Oct 19, 2016
Your cunning pastors have finally succeded in killing all your conscience. You see a fellow brother man with no food nor shelter and you refuse to help. Rather you chose to use the money to refuel your con pastor's private jets, jeeps, yatch. What are you? You are simple a brainwashed maga, and your pastor? A yahoo boy in suit with no laptop but bible.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Angelina996(f): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2016
Give ur tithe and offering to God only.
Even if we r in the era of grace, that doesn't mean His commandments shd be neglected even if they are in the old testament....
We shouldn't only be claiming the sweetened and convenient part of the scripture (be it old or new testament)..... Or y do we claim to have the right to Abraham's kind of blessing when it happened In the old testament.??
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by princely74: 8:58am On Oct 19, 2016
I some times wonder if the Church was solely built to collect only tithes and offering! Brethren the best teaching that Christians need to know in life is living a righteous life and loving your neighbor as yourself and in doing this, what is expected of you is: Giving to the needy, giving willful offerings to the church that your left hand will not know what the right is giving, sharing and caring for others and showing them how to do same to others. Christianity is a religion of love, peace, care, giving and sharing with others anything outside these is a tradition of a few persons who just want to use the Church to enrich themselves. Finally brethren, the totality of being a Christian is to Love thy Neighbor as yourself..........LLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEE and there is no LOVE without GIVING!

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by teemercy(f): 9:00am On Oct 19, 2016
Sometimes unbelievers sit and judge the things that Christians do in Church. For example, they judge covenant practices such as giving of tithes and offerings. Sadly, some believers allow such ungodly comments negatively affect their attitude to giving. One thing must be clearly understood: unbelievers are ignorant in the things of God; they can't come into the knowledge of God until they get born again (John 3:3).
1 Corinthians 2:14 says “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”. The things of God are spiritually discerned. This is the reason why a natural man cannot know them. We should not try to explain the things of God to them. We shouldn’t cast our pearls before swine, no! A thousand times no! All they need is to get born again and that’s our business with them; connecting them to the Word of grace through the preaching of the Gospel (Mark 16:15-20).
Never accept the judgment of an unlearned one concerning spiritual things. What right has the unbeliever to judge something that he doesn’t understand? Never allow the unbeliever’s judgment of spiritual things make you feel bad about the good things that you do in Christ. Why should you allow unbelievers tell you what to give as offerings and what not to give? What do they know about offerings? Why should unbelievers tell us how to live our lives? What do they understand about grace and the new life of faith? It takes a man who is born-again to know what it means to be born again and how to live like it.
M
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by youngibeh(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2016
Tallesty1:
Where did God say give me my 10% and to who?
I know that chapter like my middle name.

Thing is, Is it applicable to modern day Christians?

I don't think God needs to invest the 10% of my earnings and then give me the proceeds, rather He supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

My part is to bless those around me with what I have.

Do modern day christians have a different God they are serving? bros you de fall my hand. if you must obey God, then hearken to His word. What will be wrong if you pay your tithe and still help the poor?
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by femiolorun(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2016
Tallesty1:

to the church, and to those pastor that have no other business like most of this modern day pastor, but to those pastor who are full timer

I don't think God needs to invest the 10% of my earnings and then give me the proceeds, rather He supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by ooshinibos: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

I believe my calling on earth is to assist anyone around me, in every little way I can. I do support beggars, support my friends, support my family members.

My question today is this "what if I use my Tithes and Offerings to help those in need"

what does the Bible say about tithing ( not what Nigerian pastors say ) ..that's your first starting point ..then lets talk
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Coolgent(m): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2016
Modern day slavery! 10% my ass,
No wonder a pastor can afford Private jet, mansions, suv's etc.
God is watching u in 6D.
Bros just give it to the needy if you must pay.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Alipanks(m): 9:14am On Oct 19, 2016
You don't pay tithe mind you, you Return 10% of the lot. Thats why God says you Rob Him when you don't return to Him. How do you show that you belong to God? Tithe is our connection to Him, so we get his Protection over the remaining 90%. Hope it helped.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:

bro, you must promot GOD's ministry, you must help the growth of the church, everything must be done according to his will and not yours.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by femiolorun(m): 9:21am On Oct 19, 2016
teemercy:
Sometimes unbelievers sit and judge the things that Christians do in Church. For example, they judge covenant practices such as giving of tithes and offerings. Sadly, some believers allow such ungodly comments negatively affect their attitude to giving. One thing must be clearly understood: unbelievers are ignorant in the things of God; they can't come into the knowledge of God until they get born again (John 3:3).
1 Corinthians 2:14 says “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”. The things of God are spiritually discerned. This is the reason why a natural man cannot know them. We should not try to explain the things of God to them. We shouldn’t cast our pearls before swine, no! A thousand times no! All they need is to get born again and that’s our business with them; connecting them to the Word of grace through the preaching of the Gospel (Mark 16:15-20).
Never accept the judgment of an unlearned one concerning spiritual things. What right has the unbeliever to judge something that he doesn’t understand? Never allow the unbeliever’s judgment of spiritual things make you feel bad about the good things that you do in Christ. Why should you allow unbelievers tell you what to give as offerings and what not to give? What do they know about offerings? Why should unbelievers tell us how to live our lives? What do they understand about grace and the new life of faith? It takes a man who is born-again to know what it means to be born again and how to live like it.
M

you have not answer the real question, and how do you know most of pple saying their view here are unbeliever, the guy giving to the poor is doing the right thing, i will not quote bible here, but go and check well in the bible the lifestyle of those the bible refers to as pastor ( are they doing any other work? unlike what you have now, if someone choose to give the needy and another one choose to pay in the church fine both are correct, but if you have a pastor that is fully into is pastoral work with business along side, then you are entitle to pay your 10% those are the pple the bible is talking about my sister.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by snowblaq(f): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2016
Tallesty1:

.....so there are parts of the bible that apply to 'modern day' christians and parts that do not apply?.....or you go about choosing the part of the bible to obey just 'cos it suits u....
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by clogogo(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2016
DJEhimond:
I don't see anything bad in so doing. Whether you pay to the church or to the poor, you're are giving to God either way. "...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
Giving to many churches is a waste of money, dey just want to use it to enrich and expand their self proclaim ministry
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by DCTrendy(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2016
annunaki2:

Can you give me a biblical definition of tithes with scriptures to back it up? Kindly note it must be scriptural and not a twisted definition as is so prevalent these days.

Heb 7:1-2. Read thus:

This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2and Abraham apportioned to him a tenth of everything. First, his name means “king of righteousness.” Then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.”

From the above scripture, (this reference was made in the new testament not the old), it was recorded he was returning from the slaughter of the kings. Now, if you look at the bible, you ll discover that anytime there is a battle, the winner will come back with spoil(sliver, gold, donkeys, and even human beings as slaves! Abraham gave tenth of everything!

The only reason u wont accept this as a true definition of a tithe, is perhaps you have another definition of tithe, which we dont know of.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by piagetskinner(m): 9:41am On Oct 19, 2016
If u like give all the tithe in the whole world....if ur life is not patterned and synced with Christ's Na hell straight oo
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by thunderbabs: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2016
You are still a robber.. You robbing God of a measely 10%...You only giving alms just lyk any1 does but robbing God. Needy cant take the place of God. Know that
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by jabojafa(m): 10:14am On Oct 19, 2016
annunaki2:

It's actually greedy pastors that preach tithhing. There is absolutely no scripture in the bible that directs Christians to tithe of their income. Tithes as it is preached today is derived from twisting old testament scriptures to suit the greed of those preaching it.
so it means d book of d old testament shdnt b in d bible. Among all d commandments why do u call d commandment of tithing old? Read Heb 7:1-15 u will see Paul still affrims tithing.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

My dear, God requires your 10% to be given in the church. From all circumstances in Bible, the tenth of blessings was given to the priests only/in the temple of God. Don't let anybody ever deceive u concerning this. A genuine man of God can never use your money for personal gratification but for sponsorship of the church's vision.

If u feel your pastor will eat your tithe, it means u don't trust him. Then why u still there? Go out and find a holy church.

I go to The Lord's Chosen Ministry.

''Bring you aaaalllll the tithe and offering so that there will be meat in my house'' Malachi 3

You must give your tithe and offering to God. Giving to the poor is not offering. It's called Charity or alms-giving.

If a church is so rich and you perceive that its not channelling the wealth to save souls and spread gospel of salvation, what you can do is look for a good righteous church you perceive God's presence and offer there.

Tallesty just showed us above what God will answer us in heaven when we get there. Caring for the sick, orphans and needy is clearly highlighted. If your pastor is poor, then care for him. Poverty is nobody's name. If he is rich, how far ?

Where was tithe mentioned there ?

I don't need anyone to tell me that if I am struggling to survive and my tithe is N10,000. I should first survive on it, next is give to the poor, before my pastor who drives Lexus, Ivtec or 2012 Camry..

Was it not David who was hungry and he entered the temple and ate what was meant for the priest and also gave to his men ?

Stop carrying religion like the Pharisees. This is why Jesus always quarrelled with them..
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by gentlegenius(m): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2016
Edwinmason:
well from my own understanding...God said give me my ten percent he didnt say give to the poor.....paying ur tithe and helping the poor are 2 different things entirely
You are right. God said give me my 10%.
But the question is: how do you give to God since no one can see him? Is it by giving to the church? Hell No! God did not say anywhere in the Bible that whatsoever we do or give to the church, that we are doing or giving unto him. But Jesus himself said "Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me". (Matt 25:37-40).
So you can see that giving to the poor and less privileged, is the only way to give to God.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2016
elektra:

On the bolded, Oga please allow me to inform you that the only thing you are sponsoring is your pastor or GO's career. That is why when they are introducing guest pastors they will list all their accomplishments, how many churches he has planted, how many branches he has, the number of people in his church, the size of the church... ETC. All these things on pastor's CV na your money oh! But e no dey your own CV. Pastor is busy preparing his retirement plan ontop of your sweat.
If you channel this energy you are using to pay tithe into living like Christ (who never paid tithe BTW), you will do more good that the whole of your pastor's tithe paying congregation.

The words of a shallow mind and one-sideness.

BTW Jesus did not speak about tithe doesn't mean he didn't give tithe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Demands N50m From Busola Dakolo, Files Counter-claim / Daniel Olukoya Celebrates His 64th Birthday With His Wife All Loved-Up (Video) / Joshua Iginla Visits Cana Of Galilee Where Jesus Performed 1st Miracle (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.