Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,975 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. (21198 Views)

For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by oglalasioux(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
It's ok to feel and pray the way you do. The universe is so mysterious that it's normal to believe in a god as shaped by the religions.

My argument has always been that gods as preached by religions is non-existent. If there's a god and satan and if they are real then our prayer and thanksgiving should be to Satan who opened our eyes to the realities of the universe as opposed to the universe whose secrets are enormous.

I've always suspected that if there's a god out there then that god was made by the universe itself but grew in knowledge to know most of the secrets of the universe thereby being able to provide mankind with ways and means of escaping the savagery of the universe just as science is doing today.

But my conclusion is that gods don't exist. It's all about our brains. The war is between mankind and the universe, our creator. And it's a bitter sweet relationship between hydrogen atoms that metamorphosed into us over billions of years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Ofemmanu1: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

ad hominem
first sign of a loss grin
You fail- so did your dad's cd.
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
infohenry:
Then God must have evolved since you can not tell how god came about before it started creating other things. Please help me with how God came into existence.
I cannot answer that. But these things are too real to be an accident, don't u think?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by hopefulLandlord: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ofemmanu1:
You fail- so did your dad's cd.
ad hominem again grin
keep em coming
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
JohnieWalker:
Even the devil recognised the omnipotence of God and this make me wonder who dis atheist belong ti
Where?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Immorttal:
i used to be a JW. Do you consider the possibility that we all have been decieved by Religion?
Used to be What happened. I really like you people, your books are lovely
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Justgenesis: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
I have prayed like this before but today I am an atheist .see my friend God does not exist
, if knowing right from wrong without being a Christian or moslem and someone tells me am wrong and lost , I just look at how such person has been so enslaved by foreign religions,
note:I hold no grudge against any Christian or moslem because im not here to make you an atheist, its your choice to make, study your religions and its history and weigh the evidence, if you choose to still remain a Christian good if you choose atheism good as long as you are a good citizen of the country you dwell in.
i'm a an atheist in a Christian university and I don't have problems with Christian friends either.
cc:hahn, Loj, philferon

I noticed how careful u were in specifying being enslaved by "foreign religions". Does it mean you dont believe in them but you believe in the traditional religions? If yes, then u subconsciously believe there is a God but If you don't, I'll dare you with a hundred thousand naira...(no joke) to dare/defile any shrine in your village and see the outcome. Either way, you will know the truth yourself. One point I want you to note is that the limit of knowledge about a thing is no prove that it doesn't exist. The prove for the existence or non existence of God is circumstantial but ur belief of any of them can be answered if you try any of my options above.

1 Like

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
davtosh:
Many say God does not exist

But they believe Witches exist,

They believe the herbalists have power to hypnotise,

They believe that yes there is Ritual Money

They fear the Babalawos because they know they possess some kind of powers,

They see the magicians do extra ordinary magics and believe it's some power that does that for them.

They believe in Illuminati and know a power is behind such.

But Yet They Believe there is No God.

Can there be Negative without Positive?
Can there be Evil without the opposite
Can there be the Devil without God.
Can there be darkness without Light

Every aspect of life work perfectly to make existence possible.

No sun no life
No water no life
No food no life
No air no life

And all these came by chance?

Atheism is Stupidity.
LOL. Why not do yourself a favor, and name one atheist you know that believe in all that crap?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by queenDD(f): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
There is God, whether atheists believe it or not!

1 Like

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Edenoscar(m): 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
samfibby:
I weep for the ignorant onesvwho refer to themselves as atheist. Many of you became so because you think that's the only way to show your grievance against god.
Just because you have not encountered him, you assume he doesn't exist.
I can't toe that path because I have encountered him in his merciful element.

Towards my last days before university graduation, I started developing serious loss of memory. Before I knew it, I started developing clinical state of mind that was very unlike me.
My mum noticed but I tried to his it from her
So also did my friends noticed that during conversation, I laughed last after other stopped laughing. It was very embarrassing because a few of my friends started discussing it in my absence.
A day before my last session semester, I made up my mind to end it all by swallowing a full cup of sleeping pill that night. I had my things packed ready for school the next day, but deep down I wanted to end it all. I was too jovial and outgoing to be found in that mental state in school.
That night I went on my knees and prayed in tears to god. I knew the path I was descending was a path of no return. Most of the cases of mental insanity I had seen were incurable. Most were just clinically managed. Just as I weeped, I heard a lightning strike and that night it started raining. That night I was convinced within me that the power that cannot be questioned had heard my prayer but I wasn't sure how to confirm this.

The next morning I picked my bag and boarded a bus to school. Right in the bus, I had a healthy conversation with a couple of students who were also heading to my school for resumption. More than Five hours we gisted and laughed throughout the journey. At that point, I knew I was healed and whole again. This happened in 2008 and today I am hale and hearty without any signs of mental insanity.
Only the power that is beyond all powers could have done such. He is the unchangeable, Sovereign god.

I am not here to preach but to give account of what that awesome god can do.

For those of you who come on Nairaland and boast of your atheist status, I can only pray that you see the light.
this is the funniest testimoney i have seen in a long while.please enlighnting yourself by reading breaking the spell by Daniel Dennett.It's an antidote for religious fever, you can thank me later
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by shadeyinka(m): 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
I have prayed like this before but today I am an atheist .see my friend God does not exist
, if knowing right from wrong without being a Christian or moslem and someone tells me am wrong and lost , I just look at how such person has been so enslaved by foreign religions,
note:I hold no grudge against any Christian or moslem because im not here to make you an atheist, its your choice to make, study your religions and its history and weigh the evidence, if you choose to still remain a Christian good if you choose atheism good as long as you are a good citizen of the country you dwell in.
i'm a an atheist in a Christian university and I don't have problems with Christian friends either.

1. And now, you are independent and free!
2. You have become a god to yourself and like the Almighty answerable to no one!
3. You are wise, knowing everything

The forbidden fruit must be delicious, but eat it alone OR repent while you can.

2 Likes

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by shadeyinka(m): 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
OoniOfIfe:
Whan I was a christian I was praying for knowledge,

Today I'm an atheist and I'm glad

2. You have become a god to yourself and like the Almighty answerable to no one!

The forbidden fruit must be delicious, but eat it alone OR repent while you can.
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Immorttal: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
classicB:

Used to be What happened. I really like you people, your books are lovely
Yes! If Religion is true then JW is millions of miles above all other but despite all that i left.
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Ofemmanu1: 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

ad hominem again grin
keep em coming
ad ignorantiam ;-D As an outsider, what do you think bout human race?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by KardinalZik(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Atheist logic claim that the world doesn't have a designer. Its like saying that your extension box supplies power to itself even without any source

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by bezimo(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
When you have experienced or seen the mercies and goodness of God.No matter what you know or have or can do.God would always be acknowledged for who he is and given his rightful place in your life.
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
shadeyinka:

no one is ever free thats the mistake you theists all make , this life is a race that is won by those who run well ,not fast but how well they run
2.i am not a god
3.i don't know all
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Ofemmanu1: 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
philfearon:
Where?
ad ignorantium.
I don't think you're a fool but then, whats my opinion against thousand others?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by KardinalZik(m): 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
Demigods666:
The only God is Satan.

What a revelation!
So the point of atheists' arguments is to set Satan as God, right?
Well, congratulations on your disappointment...coz the throne of God can't be vested on anyone by any kingmaker.
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by ever811(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

if i say you are a fool it will look as if i am insulting you..what is the meaning of convince you facts and not theory do you know what a theory or facts is..
When it comes to how life originated you should ask the scientist and not the atheist.
I may not have prove that God does not exist infact you cannot disprove the existence of God but what i can disprove is the God asserted by any religion
so you don't even know what you are?..nanawaooo
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
RomeoMarvis:

I can't believe this changed ur view.
BTW t'was elisha who proclaimed it.
So, it's okay your God ordered a bear to kill innocent children who were playing innocent jokes by making fun of a bearded person?
Using you peoples logic that your God is omniscient, I suppose your God knew such thing will happen beforehand, but still allows it to happen anyway (when he could have prevented it ab initio,) and kills the little innocent children who knows nothing... Why?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
Justgenesis:

I noticed how careful u were in specifying being enslaved by "foreign religions". Does it mean you dont believe in them but you believe in the traditional religions? If yes, then u subconsciously believe there is a God but If you don't, I'll dare you with a hundred thousand naira...(no joke) to dare/defile any shrine in your village and see the outcome. Either way, you will know the truth yourself. One point I want you to note is that the limit of knowledge about a thing is no prove that it doesn't exist. The prove for the existence or non existence of God is circumstantial but ur belief of any of them can be answered if you try any of my options above.
I don't believe in any deity be it traditional or foreign , I love my world the way it is , free of magic
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by infohenry(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
classicB:

I cannot answer that. But these things are too real to be an accident, don't u think?
I expected you to know since you believe his existence.

1 Like

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by ever811(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
guy just read about your religion abeg and read thomas paine age of reason , I didn't s say don't be a Christian infact I school in a private Christian university
what's this one saying?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
samfibby:
I weep for the ignorant onesvwho refer to themselves as atheist. Many of you became so because you think that's the only way to show your grievance against god.
Just because you have not encountered him, you assume he doesn't exist.
I can't toe that path because I have encountered him in his merciful element.

Towards my last days before university graduation, I started developing serious loss of memory. Before I knew it, I started developing clinical state of mind that was very unlike me.
My mum noticed but I tried to his it from her
So also did my friends noticed that during conversation, I laughed last after other stopped laughing. It was very embarrassing because a few of my friends started discussing it in my absence.
A day before my last session semester, I made up my mind to end it all by swallowing a full cup of sleeping pill that night. I had my things packed ready for school the next day, but deep down I wanted to end it all. I was too jovial and outgoing to be found in that mental state in school.
That night I went on my knees and prayed in tears to god. I knew the path I was descending was a path of no return. Most of the cases of mental insanity I had seen were incurable. Most were just clinically managed. Just as I weeped, I heard a lightning strike and that night it started raining. That night I was convinced within me that the power that cannot be questioned had heard my prayer but I wasn't sure how to confirm this.

The next morning I picked my bag and boarded a bus to school. Right in the bus, I had a healthy conversation with a couple of students who were also heading to my school for resumption. More than Five hours we gisted and laughed throughout the journey. At that point, I knew I was healed and whole again. This happened in 2008 and today I am hale and hearty without any signs of mental insanity.
Only the power that is beyond all powers could have done such. He is the unchangeable, Sovereign god.

I am not here to preach but to give account of what that awesome god can do.

For those of you who come on Nairaland and boast of your atheist status, I can only pray that you see the light.
Exactly how did God heal you?
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Rett0: 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
stephenmorris:

Neither is there salvation in any other neither is there any name given among men. Now answer how do know your father gave birth to you? You simply choose to believe... You can confidently say you were born on your birthday cos you believed.....Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved....
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by exmuslim1: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
+++
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

ad ignorantium.

I don't think you're a fool but then, whats my opinion against thousand others?
Seems like you learnt the word newly.
I will give you 500naira Recharge card if you can show me where Satan acknowledged God's omnipotence in the Bible as you claimed!
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by SIRKOL(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
My friend, there is no point studying Christianity to know it history and there is absolutely no need weighing any evidence The entirety of God and the knowledge eludes mortal comprehension. I studied philosophy n bro make a close study of your soul n u will find answers from within, if u still belv there is no God fine n good 4 u but always remember this word "life on earth is for a short period as u know but eternity, eternity is eternity!
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by exmuslim1: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
+++

1 Like

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
Rett0:

Neither is there salvation in any other neither is there any name given among men. Now answer how do know your father gave birth to you? You simply choose to believe... You can confidently say you were born on your birthday cos you believed.....Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved....
I did not believe my father and mum gave birth to me , I found out through their care and love and as I grew the more I understood , I could see my face in their faces , they had evidence such as pictures from my younger age of 0-till now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / Hoodlums Attack Church, Cart Away Day's Offerings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.