Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,378 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. (21204 Views)

For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / What Reasons Made You Start Doubting Religion(s) And Then God(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
samfibby:

Are you expecting me to tell you that god performed a brain surgery like doctors toy with your body system? If you expect me to tell you how god pulled out a few medulla obloganta, then you are the one who needs serious education. You tell me how many doctors you know that have healed patients of this illness.
The problem with atheist is that you expect God's ways to be like man's way, forgetting that his ways are not like ours.
I pray you have genuine encounter with him then you will realised you haven't been living but merely existing.
Are you serious with the bolded?
God's ways? Am yet to see how his ways are different from that of humans. He bleeps, he wars, he kills, he murders innocent children, he roasts his enemies, etc.... How is his ways different from that of Man exactly?
Also, from your pathetic story,it's obvious you were suffering from memory loss.But you didn't bother to tell us your lifestyle or how you went to a real doctor to ascertain your problem, just that you talked to yourself and heard some lightning noise (still wondering when lightning started making noise and how you managed to be in your room and know the noise you heard was lightning).
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by philfearon(m): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
RomeoMarvis:

Don't u knw making jest of elderly ones is disastrous? Ignorance is no excuse. we ain't robot that God programmed; if it were so, u wouldn't be here doubting his existence and supremacy cos u'll be programmed to obey him
So in other words, it's okay for your god to murder innocent children because of a joke?
I weep for you and your likes! I better die and go to hell (not that such crap exists) than worship such a wicked God. How could you even defend this abomination? Don't you have sense at all? Doesn't it bother you?
Tufiakwa!
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by osjoshua(m): 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
If you are an atheist,continue....
If you are a christian, continue...
If you are a muslim, continue..
I personally see the three of them as different types of religion..
Enough of this talk talk....
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Thread closed!!!
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Edenoscar(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
jammy12:

Reading through your comment again. I take back what I said: your comment is correct but incomplete. I am sorry. Now with what you explained. Can a theory be proven to be wrong? Can the theory of evolution be proven to be wrong? The big bang? Carbon dating? Half lives?
Theories may change, or the way that they are interpreted may change, but the facts themselves don’t change.evolution is a fact but the overarching theories about evolution, the way that we think all of the facts go together might change as new observations of evolution are made.
Science is a self correcting process,it is not dogmatic ,it is open to criticism and new ideas.
so in summary a theory can be debunked.
But why the questions do you want evolution to be debunked
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nostradamus: 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
coolcool thread
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by HCpaul(m): 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
olumaxi:
Then ur knowlegde had made u a fool then....cos it is only a fool dat wil say in his heart dat God doesnt exist

Even a fool knoweth that there is no God(s), not to talk of we atheists.
If a fool can identify in his heart that there is no God, I see no reason why an atheist shouldn't be outspoken about such claim.

You people are the gods behind religion and your illusion is your paradise.

2 Likes

Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 19, 2016
Edenoscar:

Theories may change, or the way that they are interpreted may change, but the facts themselves don’t change.evolution is a fact but the overarching theories about evolution, the way that we think all of the facts go together might change as new observations of evolution are made.
Science is a self correcting process,it is not dogmatic ,it is open to criticism and new ideas.
so in summary a theory can be debunked.
But why the questions do you want evolution to be debunked
You are either missing the point or deviating from what is being discussed. I would want to challenge that statement "evolution is a fact", but that's not the issue. Atheists believe so much in the theory of evolution and claim Religion is a fallacy. But this theories which they are based on are not proven either: to say the least.
So you have confirmed that theories are not entirely true but just widely accepted. What if the theory widely accepted is a lie; much like the " the earth is flat" theory.
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Edenoscar(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
jammy12:

You are either missing the point or deviating from what is being discussed. I would want to challenge that statement "evolution is a fact", but that's not the issue. Atheists believe so much in the theory of evolution and claim Religion is a fallacy. But this theories which they are based on are NOT PROVEN either: to say the least.
So you have confirmed that theories are not entirely true but just widely accepted. What if the theory widely accepted is a lie; much like the " the earth is flat" theory.
first of all. not all atheist subscribe to evolution theory,i had been an atheist for months before i even heard of anything like evolution.

Secondly,you can challenge the statement 'evolution is a fact' for all you want but trust me that would be like challenging the sun goes round the earth.
Finally the theory of evolution has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt and until any contradictory evidence shows up it is to be accepted
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Edenoscar:

first of all. not all atheist subscribe to evolution theory,i had been an atheist for months before i even heard of anything like evolution.

Secondly,you can challenge the statement 'evolution is a fact' for all you want but trust me that would be like challenging the sun goes round the earth.
Finally the theory of evolution has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt and until any contradictory evidence shows up it is to be accepted

I dont know you but you are definitely learned and honest. A principle is formed when a theory has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. Where science draw the line is that , by being realistic, we can't actually prove most of these theories so we accept them based on the limited knowledge we have. This is where you should just answer this question: can these theories turn out to be wrong? Simple Yes or No.
Also Evolution is just a case study. I am not talking about evolution alone: carbon dating, quantum science and even my favourite - relativity.
What actually pissed religious people into actually turning on the theory of evolution is Charles Darwin acts of inciting atheism with it.
Re: May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
Edenoscar:

As you are an atheist, I never say these things to change you as my Bible, which you obviously don't believe in, has told me not to bank on my knowledge to change someone like you (1 Corinthians 1:18-25). I would specially pray for you.. Because if you do become a Christian, like Paul, you will do greater things. grin
But I enjoyed the talk esp. with someone this intellectual

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Church, Cart Away Day's Offerings / What Do Arab Christians Call God? / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.