Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? (25176 Views)

Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
tender her salary,for what na?,some men they take this head of the home thing too far, so he will be the one to decide how much he will give her from her salary, na wah o
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by northvietnam(m): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
Only if she is dezeani or Ngozi okonjo iweala then i can now call my kinsmen with the deacons of our church... We will sermon her for her salary
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by jewelbaby55(f): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Is this even a question? As for me no body can force me to do anything with my salary , I will willing help with what I can do. But do not Make it official, cus na der wahala go.. Na u be head of family abi
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
God forbid i tender my salary to any man,am i mad? undecided

I trust my guy sha,he dare not ask me to do dat.My salary is like 1naira in his eyes. grin grin
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by DorisK(f): 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
FO FOR WHATU KWANU!!!!!!
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by robosky02(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
prettythicksme:

I trust my guy sha,he dare not ask me to do dat.My salary is like 1naira in his eyes. grin grin

exactly money for tissue and pad grin
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by sisisioge: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hmmmm...

I would say there is nothing wrong with the woman letting the man know how much she earns but plenty is wrong with the guy demanding she brings her salary to him so he could appropriate. Iranu...abacha!

I think both should have agreed from the outset on a joint account where each brings an agreed % of their salaries to be used by the family. I can't imagine all "my" money being our money when all "his" money is "supposed" to be our money. After all, I'm his helper, not his mother!

By the way, its my opinion, I'm not married. I'm quite very much aware that time and tides change in marriage. A prototype can't prepare one for the eventualities.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by stagger: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
My father never did it and neither will I. As a man who is making my own money, what am I doing with my wife's salary for crying out loud? Am I using it to bath or what?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by ianSweet(f): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Why should she?
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
prettythicksme:

busted, so na babe you be,why the (m) on your monicker?
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
robosky02:

exactly money for tissue and pad grin
He always b like na money b ur salary abi na paper? cheesy i will b like leave am like dat. cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by winj3: 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
Do You Think Married men Should Tender Their Salaries To Their wives?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by titsqueez(m): 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
I dont need my wife to surrender her salary to me, what for? As long as she is taking care of her part of the bills, her job her salary.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
Cutehector:
Nice comment hungerbad, you just spoke the truth.

I don't think a woman should tender her salary to her husband, even joint accounts pose a risk as well..

My opinion is the same as that of the Op's parents and they really did well in that video.

Thumbs up talk2bella. We love you. kiss

I am a strong advocate of joint account, It brings up issues if not planned well. If you and your wife agree what the account will be used for, then stick to it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by freshvine(f): 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
If your mom is not extravagant, I don't see the reason why her husband should be demanding for her salary.

My suggestion is that she should come out clean and tell him how much she earns and if possible surrender her next salary to him to watch his reactions.

Men are known to display inferiority complex when broke by acting irrational. He just need the assurance from his wife that with or without his money, he's still in charge of the home.

Advice your mom to massage his ego a little and study him to avoid matrimonial conflict that could be blown out of proportion

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
2dugged:
busted, so na babe you be,why the (m) on your monicker?
Who bust who? undecided i just feel like changing to m.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Feminism is not well defined in Nigeria, It has been abused by power starved women. I don't know your own definition of it so your will be difficult to answer. smiley

Well laid point, there are different definitions of feminism
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Cutehector:
Nice comment hungerbad, you just spoke the truth.

I don't think a woman should tender her salary to her husband, even joint accounts pose a risk as well..

My opinion is the same as that of the Op's parents and they really did well in that video.

Thumbs up talk2bella. We love you. kiss

Thanks dear

Love you too sunshine wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ayoswit:
Haba, a woman is a home maker and should handle d financial aspect in a home. My hubby does not demand for my salary rather he gives me money from his salary for monthly upkeep, since I'm also working I take care of some of d bills.

Godbless you dear smiley
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
No, she should not. It's morönic. Where's the sense in that?

This is just one of the many problems associated with the practice of brideprice — the woman becomes a cheap commodity, and a mindless marionette who is expected serve her husband like a common slave, even if it means losing her life in serving him.

If we trace why your stepfather feels this way, we would probably discover that it's because he paid dowry before he married your mother, and believes himself to have complete proprietorial ownership of her entire being.

I'm sorry to say, but your step-father is an arrogant, insecure and backward fool who needs to focus on being a man, rather than filching from his wife's purse like a petty criminal.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
queenfav:
Tender Salary bawo..lol...As i dey hustle for my money abi?Well,i am waiting for that man with the liver to even jokingly suggest that to me!When no be him help me find the work?
Abi e follow train me?
How that play wan take pass start?
Abeg,Pretty ladies and Caring men out there, check my profile for Grade 6A exotic human hairs at very affordable prices..
That's why you have your salary,so you can pamper yourself to the good things of life like queenzhair exotic weaves.
-CEO Queenhairz
For purchase, enquiry and Delivery details,Kindly DM us on our Instagram business page @queenzhairandwigs
OR
Call-08146467260
Bbm: 7AB12739
Whatsapp/Text: 09050968121

Nairalanders,abeg place your orders and support my legit hustle...

grin grin grin grin grin

I'd patronise your legit hustle as soon as I can smiley
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
2dugged:
tender her salary,for what na?,some men they take this head of the home thing too far, so he will be the one to decide how much he will give her from her salary, na wah o

Hehehehee you don vex cheesy
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by folasayolyn(f): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
I am yet to see the babalawo who can prepare that jazz for nt hubby to ask that question. in fact after that question my portion reduces and prices increases
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by kodded(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
Ayoswit:
Haba, a woman is a home maker and should handle d financial aspect in a home. My hubby does not demand for my salary rather he gives me money from his salary for monthly upkeep, since I'm also working I take care of some of d bills.
smiley
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
northvietnam:
Only if she is dezeani or Ngozi okonjo iweala then i can now call my kinsmen with the deacons of our church... We will sermon her for her salary

See your mouth grin
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
prettythicksme:

Hahahahahah prettythicksme o brutal gan
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by flamingREED(m): 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
Na wa o.

So the man should freely bring and you shouldn't freely submit.

I'll like to know what my wife earns,
Thereafter I'll x-ray what she can do with it.
I'll then make approvals or disapprovals.

Without unfairness, a man is lord over his home.
Without unfairness, the wife is subject to his tastes.

You claim you're submissive
grin
Without money?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by bamisepeters(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
No issues with knowing the amount she makes but tendering is not manish enough na. I pray to always give her more, if she is ok i am fine.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Ekeke1(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Let hear from d President, what he has to say on dis one..

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Hehehehee you don vex cheesy
it's annoying na,just imagine he only doesn't want to know the amount she earns he is insisting she tenders it to him, so he can decide how much she can spend out of it,that is just nonsense na
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
freshvine:
If your mom is not extravagant, I don't see the reason why her husband should be demanding for her salary.

My suggestion is that she should come out clean and tell him how much she earns and if possible surrender her next salary to him to watch his reactions.

Men are known to display inferiority complex when broke by acting irrational. He just need the assurance from his wife that with or without his money, he's still in charge of the home.

Advice your mom to massage his ego a little and study him to avoid matrimonial conflict that could be blown out of proportion

Nah she's not extravagant and the reason I talked to both of them is so the man won't feel I am biased about the issue
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Missyetty(f): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
Tender ko, bender ni

I know it is part of my duty to contribute my own percentage to the running of the home, but anything outside that is my business and I can spend the rest as I want. Afterall, he doesn't tender his own to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? / NHRC Stops Marriage Of 40year Old Man To Primary 5 Pupil / The Father Of My 2 Kids Took Them Away From Me Unlawfully, Deceitfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.