Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? (25180 Views)

Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by beautiful232(f): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
jabojafa:
becos u are commanded to submit ur all to ur hubby including ur money. Is ur money more precious dan ur body? If u can submit d latter why den is it difficult to submit d former?

who be this one? I ask you any question

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by pedrilo: 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
I work very hard now dat i'm still single to avoid all dis kind of talk in my house, I want to take care of my wife and kids and have never prayed one day for my wife to share bills wit me. God forbid!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by lailo: 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Women want to know everything about their husbands especially his income but will neva allow their husbands know theirs.Irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Gracious10: 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Umu Nwanyi atago afufu,

So everyday, men come up with one rule after another so they can continue to marginalize and reduce us to nothing.

I guess women are zombies that have to be controlled by men, they should also tell us when to breath.

God is watch all of you in 3D.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
Gracious10:
Umu Nwanyi atago afufu,

So everyday, men come up with one rule after another so they can continue to marginalize and reduce us to nothing.

I guess women are zombies that have to be controlled by men, they should also tell us when to breath.

God is watch all of you in 3D.

Nwannem kedu grin
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Gwazah(m): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
Its never the right of a husband to know how much the wife is collecting not to talk more of the wife giving him her salary, it can be so only on the mutual understanding that is existing between the two.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Gracious10: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Nwannem kedu grin

Anom gidigba!
No shaking, they should come
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Gerrard59(m): 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
With the topics and posts I see about women/girls/ladies on Nairaland, I can say confidently that majority of Nigerian women don suffer cry embarassed

No wonder The Economist said Nigeria is the worst place to give birth to a girl.

http://www.economist.com/news/21566430-where-be-born-2013-lottery-life

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Gracious10:

Anom gidigba!
No shaking, they should come

grin
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by flokii: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nope

I'll let her have a separate account where she can keep her savings, make her have a sense of self worth too... tho. I'd be d one to buy anything she needs.. she shld av it just incase anything happens

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by fireforfire: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
God forbid
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Dantee005(m): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hell No!!! for y na...did he work for it...?
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by HomeOfMe(f): 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

It is important to note that every family is different,and so one can not authoritatively say this is how it should be.

There are husbands that beat their wives up,others don't. There are husbands that cook at home,and others will not go near the kitchen,and there are husbands that will demand to know how much their wives earn and others won't.

The truth is,if a man is doing well in life,he will be less concerned with what the woman makes,even if she is the President of a Nation.

I totally agree with you. When I was working my hubby never bothered to ask for my salary,he only jokingly asked to know how much it was and I told him. That did not in anyway stop him from doing what he's supposed to do as the man and I also supported him within my capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by sugah: 9:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Consent
exactly
What about this scenario:
Husband and wife earns almost same thing (like 20k difference)
The wife is the saver of the two so the husband tenders his salary to her every month.

I'm sure if you take another poll and ask if husbands should remit all their salary to the wives, all the women shouting hell no for this poll would have a different answer
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by megareal: 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
The answer is glaring biko. No way! Sometimes, I really wonder how some men see women. How can I hand over my salary to you while you detect how I spend it? Na you follow me study or you dey do my work for my office? Thank God for hubby, that one no send you. He does his duty and doesn't even remember that I make money. I complement his money willingly and sometimes even end up spending more than necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
Diddyydiva:
In my own opinion, it is not obligatory for a woman to tender her salary to her husband.

Why would she?

Assisting in financial responsibilities is okay but making it the woman's duty is bad.

Of course there could be a mutual agreement on percentage of the woman's salary that will go into the family's up keeping .

Tendering is a no no for me smiley

Say that to single parents and widows.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
sugah:

What about this scenario:
Husband and wife earns almost same thing (like 20k difference)
The wife is the saver of the two so the husband tenders his salary to her every month.

I'm sure if you take another poll and ask if husbands should remit all their salary to the wives, all the women shouting hell no for this poll would have a different answer
They will either run away from the thread or say that is how it is supposed to be. Hahahaha
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Peterosky(m): 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
My dear,there is nothing wrong about a wife telling the husband how much she earns.Infact it is extremely bad and wicked for partners not to know how much they earn.But for my wife to tender her salary to me,is what i will never ever ask for and no man on earth should ever do a thing like that.But i must know how much my wife earns and must also know how much i earn but will never control her resources.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
tender your salary to your husband and suffer for life.
My late aunt gave all her salary to her husband every month for 4years, she is always broke and eventually he married a second wife into the same house. She saw fire and pepper coupled together in her home..she end up dying of heart attack.. Smmmhhh.

May her soul rest in peace but
God forbid I will be so dumb to give my husband all my money every month... For what nah?
Such men should not see me in their entire life.. I should become invisible in their eyes amen.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by MrBLING(m): 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
Gerrard59:
With the topics and posts I see about women/girls/ladies on Nairaland, I can say confidently that majority of Nigerian women don suffer cry embarassed

No wonder The Economist said Nigeria is the worst place to give birth to a girl.

http://www.economist.com/news/21566430-where-be-born-2013-lottery-life

And what do you call Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan ?

Enonimist ke economy ni

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by morayo3: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

It is important to note that every family is different,and so one can not authoritatively say this is how it should be.

There are husbands that beat their wives up,others don't. There are husbands that cook at home,and others will not go near the kitchen,and there are husbands that will demand to know how much their wives earn and others won't.

The truth is,if a man is doing well in life,he will be less concerned with what the woman makes,even if she is the President of a Nation.

CaptPlanet:
Absolute no unless we're both low income earners and we have a project like building a house, sending our kid abroad to study or investing in a business.
Believe me, there are somethings women do with money in the house that you'll never remember. Still does not mean she'll not get her allowances.
As the head of my house, its my responsibility to provide for my family.
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

GBAM

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by northvietnam(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Talk2Bella:

They will surpass it amen smiley

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
and same to U my Dear
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
freshvine:
If your mom is not extravagant, I don't see the reason why her husband should be demanding for her salary.

My suggestion is that she should come out clean and tell him how much she earns and if possible surrender her next salary to him to watch his reactions.

Men are known to display inferiority complex when broke by acting irrational. He just need the assurance from his wife that with or without his money, he's still in charge of the home.

Advice your mom to massage his ego a little and study him to avoid matrimonial conflict that could be blown out of proportion

you have spoken like your name "freshvine"
God bless you
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by stanley000: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
33bandit:
my wife should belong to the bed room,the kitchen and the other room .I am making enough money already she doesn't need to work .stories like these should not exist in my house biko .
2much money aint enough money.......lil wayne
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by yinkslinks(m): 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
ur papa is just as buhari grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DYes they should tender it in the Other Room and go to the Kitchen grin grin grin grin grin
Talk2Bella:
Someone recently asked me to write on this issue, then I realized we were having this same problem at home. My step-father is a very traditional man, sometimes I wonder what my mum saw in him, she’s the typical educated lady who speaks more English than a Briton, and she’s way intelligent than her peers, so imagine our surprise when she said it was him she’s decided to spend her life with.

My dad died a long time ago, it wasn’t an easy marriage for them, separation, family intrusion and the rest, they were separated for more than a decade before he died, I’m glad they parched things up though.

My mum is a salary earner with the Lagos state government and for as long as I can remember, it’s been one quarrel with her and my step-dad to another, he says a woman must tell her husband how much she earns, my mum says if she tells him he will stop doing the normal things a man and a father would do at home, all because according to him my mum earns more than he does in a month {I don’t believe this though, he’s a funny man}

Well now the issue is, he wants my mum to tender her salary every month so that he can share it, tell her what and what to do with the salary and all, my mum says he must be joking, she pays bills, power bill, maintenance at home and sometimes feeding, because things haven’t been looking up real well for him because of the ban on importation of rice {he’s a supplier}

Now being who I am, unbiased, I want to resolve this issue amicably, it is wrong to ask a woman to tender her salary when you don’t tender yours, if you want to make it so, both of you should have a joint account where each month you put something in it from your earnings so when you both need something urgently you can withdraw from it.

There are women who do this, and this has worked for them, they are doing it because it was willingly done and not forced, I actually know someone who does something like this, the husband hasn’t had a job in like forever and at the end of the month, she shares part of her salary and gives him for his maintenance and that of the house.

What’s you take on this issue I would love to hear opinions.

Thanks and God bless

Isabella Ibeji

Below is an interview i did with my mum and dad, watch, share, and subscribe to my channel, we can only get better when we appreciate each other's efforts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXaKdZ_gFRk

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

The last paragraph sha, sweet me, you sabi Belaire?
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by yinkslinks(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
woman how can u suffer when i make you happy in my Other Room grin grin grin grin grin
Amelian:
tender your salary to your husband and suffer for life.
My late aunt gave all her salary to her husband every month for 4years, she is always broke and eventually he married a second wife into the same house. She saw fire and pepper coupled together in her home..she end up dying of heart attack.. Smmmhhh.

May her soul rest in peace but
God forbid I will be so dumb to give my husband all my money every month... For what nah?
Such men should not see me in their entire life.. I should become invisible in their eyes amen.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Talk2Bella:

No one is perfect dear we learn everyday, no reason for insults please alright smiley

Sometimes harsh words could be the only means in driving home the point.

People are hardly gung ho in coming to their stepfather's defense, though. You too get along well?
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by romefe: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
Cutehector:
Nice comment hungerbad, you just spoke the truth.

I don't think a woman should tender her salary to her husband, even joint accounts pose a risk as well..

My opinion is the same as that of the Op's parents and they really did well in that video.

Thumbs up talk2bella. We love you. kiss
It depends. Most women will not want their husband to know there salary because they receive higher. What work for one family will not work for the other. If the man can tell his wife about all the money he makes there is nothing bad if the wife is also faithful. For me my wife help me do the savings because cash is more secure under her but that doesn't make me not to be the head. Presently because I no longer work outside the country, my wife do not know her online code. I will tell her when her pay enter her account. Men no woman will be free to release her money if she is not sure of your own sincerity or when she knows you have some other illegal activities.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Gerrard59(m): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
MrBLING:

And what do you call Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan ?

Enonimist ke economy ni

So because they are practicing it, we should? Apart from the first nation, how many Nigerians will visit those hell holes?

How about we aspire to Finland, Norway, Sweden, Germany etc ?.

My country people and their lowering of standards embarassed
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
Talk2Bella:

No one is perfect dear we learn everyday, no reason for insults please alright smiley

Sometimes, harsh words are the only situable means in driving home a point.

People are rarely gung ho in coming to their stepfather's defense. You too get along well?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? / NHRC Stops Marriage Of 40year Old Man To Primary 5 Pupil / The Father Of My 2 Kids Took Them Away From Me Unlawfully, Deceitfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.