Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? (25177 Views)

Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
yinkslinks:
woman how can u suffer when i make you happy in my Other Room grin grin grin grin grin

Lol grin
U never know how far... Lai lai.... grin

I jump you pass!
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Sometimes harsh words could be the only means in driving home the point.

People are hardly gung ho in coming to their stepfather's defense, though. You too get along well?

yes we do
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by SURElee(f): 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
Op, please let me ask, has step dad always asked for her salary details and salary to be handed over to him even when his rice importation business was going on well? Why would a man be poking his eyes into a woman's finances. As long as she plays her role as a wife, like you've said she pays bills in the home.
Anyway she say saw how traditional he was and still made her OWN decision to spend the rest if her life with him.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by sugah: 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2016
elfmann:

They will either run away from the thread or say that is how it is supposed to be. Hahahaha
Don't mind them. Double standards all the time
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by maasoap(m): 11:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
Fingerprinter:
My parents are working class. My father used to earn more than my mother. He used to be the one taking responsibility for everything in the house; school fees and the rest. After sometime, my mother got a pay rise and she started earning more than my father. My father was still performing all his responsibilities despite the fact that my mother now earns more than him. My mother just helps out in one or two things in the house and there is peace everywhere.
Be like my parents!
I like to believe it is not actually just one or two things as you put it. Because that would be some kind of "it is your responsibility mentality".
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
freshvine:
If your mom is not extravagant, I don't see the reason why her husband should be demanding for her salary.

My suggestion is that she should come out clean and tell him how much she earns and if possible surrender her next salary to him to watch his reactions.

Men are known to display inferiority complex when broke by acting irrational. He just need the assurance from his wife that with or without his money, he's still in charge of the home.

Advice your mom to massage his ego a little and study him to avoid matrimonial conflict that could be blown out of proportion

Don't start what u can't finish. The day u stop is d day problems start in dt house. Handing a % to a joint account or paying some bills around d house is better.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
prettythicksme:
Who bust who? undecided i just feel like changing to m.

so you can start bashing people anyhow..ehh
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by AfroBlue(m): 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2016
tender what? cha .... her money is her money to save and/or do as she pleases. if she wants to help out then fine, but the king of the castle is supposed to handle all financial responsibilities.

this doesn't apply to small boyz that need the help of the weaker sex to manage the household and family expenses.

grin
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by eemjay(f): 11:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

It is important to note that every family is different,and so one can not authoritatively say this is how it should be.

There are husbands that beat their wives up,others don't. There are husbands that cook at home,and others will not go near the kitchen,and there are husbands that will demand to know how much their wives earn and others won't.

The truth is,if a man is doing well in life,he will be less concerned with what the woman makes,even if she is the President of a Nation.

Well said!
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by gmoni2(m): 11:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
Any self respecting man wouldn't try that rubbish to belittle his integrity by asking his why for her salary, she can contribute to the upkeep of the house , but it's not compulsory.I am not her parents that paid her school fee.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Gracious10:
Umu Nwanyi atago afufu,

So everyday, men come up with one rule after another so they can continue to marginalize and reduce us to nothing.

I guess women are zombies that have to be controlled by men, they should also tell us when to breath.

God is watch all of you in 3D.

are you questioning God that made man to be the head
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by mengho(m): 12:29am On Oct 17, 2016
Firstly dis issue is private, do not put ur face or ur parents.
secondly, I don't mean to belittle anybody but no real man collects money which his wife earned by her hard work.
personally even if my wife is my boss at work, it will not bother me, I will just fulfill my responsibility as a husband & a father, if she feels like spending her money to help out..cool, if not it's all good, I never married her to take care of the house for me.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:31am On Oct 17, 2016
Every family is different and it all boils down to the decisions made during courtship. I could remember when we were asked that question during counseling class and we both were dumb to give a definite answer but had to go & reason together. We finally made d decision of never allowing finance to be a secret in our marriage as we've decided to be one in flesh & spirit. Sincerely it had worked for us, though we don't have a joint account we have unhindered access to each other's account details, ATM card pin, transfer pin & signatories for each other.
So tendering what we earn on the table is d least worry as we've gone past that stage which I can conclude has made both of us trust each other better in marriage as its easy for us to make plans together as one united front.
But its different strokes for different folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by oluFELAxy(m): 12:49am On Oct 17, 2016
I love to dp things the kingdom way.
If the husband's earning is not sufficient, the wife can tender her salary to her husband to support. As per help meet.
If the husband's earning is sufficient, the wife doesn't have to give out her salary since the husband already had sufficient to take care of her and the family.

But I think it is not manly for the husband to request for the wife's salary. If need be, the husband should ask with all humility and politely.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by rafcrown(m): 1:28am On Oct 17, 2016
IF YOU HIDE THINGS FROM ME,dont expect me to disclose all info to you.ALL INCOMES MUST BE DECLARED.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by MrBLING(m): 1:30am On Oct 17, 2016
Gerrard59:

So because they are practicing it, we should? Apart from the first nation, how many Nigerians will visit those hell holes?

How about we aspire to Finland, Norway, Sweden, Germany etc ?.

My country people and their lowering of standards embarassed

Well you are the one who stated Nigeria is the worst place to be a girl child.
I know people can sometimes exaggerate issues just to make a point. You don't seem to be an exception based on your earlier post.
For the young lady and women Nigeria is Disneyland we're these Muslim dominated countries are!
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Breadfruit: 1:49am On Oct 17, 2016
No be only tender. Na table.

I can NEVER! Not in a million and one years.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 17, 2016
Amelian:
tender your salary to your husband and suffer for life.
My late aunt gave all her salary to her husband every month for 4years, she is always broke and eventually he married a second wife into the same house. She saw fire and pepper coupled together in her home..she end up dying of heart attack.. Smmmhhh.

May her soul rest in peace but
God forbid I will be so dumb to give my husband all my money every month... For what nah?
Such men should not see me in their entire life.. I should become invisible in their eyes amen.

Under no circumstances would I advise any woman to giver her husband her whole paycheck. That would be very foolish considering how our men are. You will be funding the new woman's lifestyle while wondering how low you can bend to satisfy your husband.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by sadiqabuch: 3:37am On Oct 17, 2016
NO!
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by sonnie10: 4:35am On Oct 17, 2016
I know a couple that the wife drives an RX350 and the husband drives a 1999 Camry. Every time, they are the subject of gossip in the neighborhood. The man has been so humiliated and ridiculed by strangers to the point that some even say it to his face. One is forced to asked if it is the man's fault that he is a secondary school teachers and the wife, straight out of school got a job as a banker?

The man is doing his best, providing for the family not minding the wife's pay check. But for the fact that they are husband and wife, the situation has brought untold emotional suffering and embarrassment to him. Several times, he had seek other jobs but they were not forthcoming. Should he be angry over his wife's progress? definitely no.

Many have suggested that he should continue as if all is well, and who knows? things might changes for the better someday.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Edoblakky(m): 5:39am On Oct 17, 2016
When I was in Nigeria working, I never looked to my wife's salary even though I know she earns so much. I provide for my home in everything. We have a joint account which I fund fully. Though I'm out of the country schooling, I make sure my home lacks nothing. I don't understand why husbands who are expected to cater for their homes would be after their wives' salary. Don't start a home if you are not ready to cater for it fully.
My wife has helped to pay for the rent once and when I tried paying back, she told me it's our home. Men should plan taking care of the home 100%, whatever the wife brings is bonus.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by mikolo80: 5:48am On Oct 17, 2016
ItsQuinn:
There's love in sharing smiley.....although I disagree in the terms that; my partner get to know the truth of my earnings because it can lead to some disadvantages like my partner avoiding most of his responsibilities, both of us having one account is a no no, him deciding what and what not to do with my money ( I earned and work hard for that money, it's my money so I get to decide not him), and lastly; Nothing will ever make me to surrender my whole salary to my partner when I'm still in my right state of mind, only slaves do that smiley
why will you marry a lazy bones
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

It is important to note that every family is different,and so one can not authoritatively say this is how it should be.

There are husbands that beat their wives up,others don't. There are husbands that cook at home,and others will not go near the kitchen,and there are husbands that will demand to know how much their wives earn and others won't.

The truth is,if a man is doing well in life,he will be less concerned with what the woman makes,even if she is the President of a Nation.

Exactly!

It's like asking "Who is the most beautiful
woman in the world?"

Every one will have his own opinion, based on
his own preferences.

Each couple works out their own family finances
in line with what works for them. As long as
they are not doing anything illegal, I think
the way they manage their finances is their
private business, strictly for #theotherroom

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 17, 2016
MrBLING:

Well you are the one who stated Nigeria is the worst place to be a girl child.
I know people can sometimes exaggerate issues just to make a point. You don't seem to be an exception based on your earlier post.
For the young lady and women Nigeria is Disneyland we're these Muslim dominated countries are!

You are living in drramland. Dont let your anti Islam bias make you ignorant. In Islam, the woman's income belongs exclusively to her, while the husband (or father/ brother etc if she is unmarried) is obliged to spend on her. This is enforceable by the Sharia, and what obtains in Muslim majority countries, even in the North. It is why Muslim women often do not feel the need to find a job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by delishpot: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2016
carmag:

are you questioning God that made man to be the head

Hahaha, Did God talk to you personally or someone said God said?
On the last day, God will flog many people for writing rubbish in his name.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Orikinla(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2016
No.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by Lovechyld101(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Well laid point, there are different definitions of feminism

I beg to differ there is only one difinition of feminism.
Dictionary.com : noun: the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.

wikipidia: Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social rights for women that are equal to of men.
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by montanaguy(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2016
It all depends on how couples wants to run their homes. I work. My wife does not work. She is in possession of my ATM card. She has a certain amount she gives me every month from my salary and leave the rest in the bank. Anything we need for home, she will tell me and I will then permit her to go and withdraw. I discovered that my salary can now carry us till end of the month unlike before when I had access to my salary, it barely last for two weeks. I identified that I was extravagant and barely saved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by EmmGee: 8:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Absolutely not. She worked hard for it, it is hers..if she like she should contribute to the house keeping or pocket it all. But she should not forget that she belongs in the kitchen and the other room first!
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by EmmGee: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2016
In fact i will very bad collecting my wife's salary
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by winningwinner(m): 8:07am On Oct 17, 2016
excellent2013:
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes if she want to tender it.
Women sha! If there is no problem they must invent one.
Moreover any body that did not call me there when they were making agreement to become husband and wife should not disturb me with their problems.
If a woman have decided to marry, she should be ready to share more things than in the" other room".
Men and women should understand the meaning of love.
When there is mutual understanding, things will move on smoothly.
To the unmarried, iron out your finances so that you will not get married and be asking may be you should tender your salary or not.
Little things can cause big problems in marriage if not properly ironed out at the initial stage.

Thanks dear. Sometimes I wonder why people get married in the first place. They share "all things in common" only when the man is ready to bleed himself dry, but the woman cannot bring out hers. What then is the reason for her working? Most men will practically stop their wives from any form of work to keep the home for them. Others allow their wives to work but now see what they get. Anyway, I din't have much to say but it is very bad of any woman to use her hands scatter her own home. They can initiate quarrel, run their mouth anyhow and even be the first to raise a hand against the man. When the man cooperates, they will still be the ones to call press conference shouting ABUSE!
One told the husband that things are getting tougher for only him to carry the weight of the family's needs that she should be allowed to pick up a paid employment. Because the man wants the wife to be happy abd feel belonged, he allowed it. Some years later, the woman was still lamenting. She will practically force the man to keep vigils at night praying anytime her salary delays. The last thing she does is telling the man when the salary is paid.
The reason for taking employment is defeated. The man called and told her to quit her job and join him in his business but she refused and left the man's house.
Most women today want to be referred to as "a once married" woman. They love freedom to the extreme! I wonder why people take almost every word some of these women speak to be true. I don't give them support any more. Research has shown that 80% of marriages today have women who maltreat their men. Average men are shy in nature and would not like to go public with family issues. Only shameless women do!
Re: Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? by KoldKash(m): 8:10am On Oct 17, 2016
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not? / NHRC Stops Marriage Of 40year Old Man To Primary 5 Pupil / The Father Of My 2 Kids Took Them Away From Me Unlawfully, Deceitfully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.