Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges (12042 Views)

I Met With Maina In Dubai - Malami Tells Senate Panel / NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down / AGF, Malami Appears Before Senate This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges by emymeeky: 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
tofolo:
Agreed, but I hope you know these same Judges are civil servants? so how can you now justify huge sums of monies discovered in some of their bank accounts? one even had 18m deposited in his account and he claims he has no knowledge about? Another one also has never withdrawn a single sum from his salary? All am saying is let due course take its place, they are not guilty until proven otherwise and they are also not above the law.

Before you cast aspersions , check how much a judge receives monthly.

Again check the number of years he has been practising as a lawyer .( Most lawyers are richer than judges)

Check if he has businesses. Judges also own multimillion naira business. Judges also publish law reports.

Judges have children who are super rich . These children can send them money in foreign currencies without even asking. Judges have daughters married to extremely rich foreign billionaires and politicians who can send raw dollars to them grin

Judges are also board members of multinational companies and can be appointed CEO of any company.

I can buy a judge a house in Dubai if he ruled in favour of me to show my appreciation for his doggedness and upholding justice .

My brother. Before you take a judge to court , you have to think am. Judges are smart and intelligent. They have been judging cases for years and have lots of exposure on court proceedings. They can easily provide cast iron alibi to back up their cases .

Judges also have allies in the judiciary. They may not allow your case to see the day especially cases that didn't follow due process as arresting of judges without warrant and detaining them for more than 24 hours without charging them to court.

I'm not opposing the sanctioning of judges , just like the executive, legislative arms of government, the judiciary as an independent arm have bodies saddled with the responsibility of sanctioning erring members . Let the executive no carry judiciary matter for head cause e pass them .

Again does it make sense taking a sitting judge to court and after he will go and deliver judgement of another case same day. Will it not be better for the NJC to first sanction him and strip him off his title first before the DSS will carry out the prosecution?

As it is now , even if the judges are truely corrupt .. judiciary has seen it as a threat to their autonomy .
You may be surprised to see them back those judges just to prove their independence.

Hehehehe. . I laff the DSS ... I also laff Buhari ... I also laff the many corrupt cases which non has been concluded grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N2bn Fraud: Buhari Didn't Invite Maina Home - Says Presidency / ''be The Change You Promised To Be'' Senator Shehu Sani Tells All APC Members / Ayade Signs Cross-River Anti-corruption And Anti-Grazing Bills Into Law (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.