Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students (25876 Views)

FUTA Expels Six Students Who Attacked A Female Student / Examination Misconduct: BUK Expels 63 Students, Rusticates 13 Others / FUTO Expels 10 Students, Rusticates 103 Over Exam Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by MadCow1: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
guiddoti:
Oga, stop your demagoguery

SO now you are insulting me in Bini Language.. angry

I will just ignore you for now.. angry

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Virulent: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
MadCow1:

That was the same thing they said to Joseph so I ain't even mad at you...

If you are a Graduate of UNIBEN, you better go and buy next years JAMB form now before its too late. Or go and learn handwork like Vulcaniser or Welder.

grin
You too get bad mouth

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Chimdiebere(m): 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
HungerBAD:
UNILAG.

I can understand the reason why most were expelled, but for some strange reason, those that got suspended for smoking WeeWee(Weed) got me laughing.

Father: Why them pursue you for School?

Son: I smoke Igbo papa

Father: Igbo?

Son: Yes

Father: Okay, go bedroom go bring the one i keep for bed side table make we smoke, no mind that yeye school.
grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by isaiahethan: 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
SoftwareLord:

Nwokem shatap dia. If I smoke sapele weed, on the music tempo to low volunm tune. That's when the Reading rhyme will be flowing in my medula. Everyone is not the same.

No mind dat zombie, he forget sey the name na senators food. Not for the poor. The food is for members of the house.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by slyng(m): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
The University of first choice and The pride of the Nation ... Proudly Akokite
dazzlingd:
The school of first choice and the nation's pride
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Excuzeme: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
firstking01:
A student that was sent to school to study went and started smoking weed, smh...i can't seem to understand how you will read, assimilate and understand what you are taught...atleast, for the sake of your grades suspend smoking for that 4-5years you'd be in school when you graduate you can continue with your smoking eventhough i detest smoking...

Say NO to malpractice.

Say NO to cultism

Say NO to lecturers molesting the female students on our campuses..

Wish other schools will follow suit so as to bring sanity to our schools and other government parastatals..

Together we can make a change but not buhari's kind of change sha.

But what is wrong with smoking a little weed after lectures?

Doctors smoke it, Engineers do, Politicians do, Police do, Judges do, White people and black people do too........ so why not students of Unilag?

As long as they dont misbehave or become a nuisance to others

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Excuzeme: 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Still not getting

Expel - Permanent expulsion from the School (No coming back!)
Rusticate - To FREEZE the student's progress for a fixed period (Rusticated for Two Semesters mean he will "lay-off" (frozen) for two semesters and then continue from where he was, before the rustication

In summary, "Expel" is permanent
But "Rustication" is temporary

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by dazzlingd(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
slyng:
The University of first choice and The pride of the Nation ... Proudly Akokite
Yeah
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
MadCow1:
Probably ndi Benin.. angry

Trying to destroy the reputation of UNILAG. angry
They think UNILAG is UNIBEN. angry
I rep Uniben... Uniben is far better than unilag
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by firstking01(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
Excuzeme:

But what is wrong with smoking a little weed after lectures?

Doctors smoke it, Engineers do, Politicians do, Police do, Judges do, White people and black people do too........ so why not students of Unilag?

As long as they dont misbehave or become a nuisance to others
Those people you mentioned did not smoke while in school.
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Wolfbrother(m): 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
Islie:

“Others were caught smoking weeds (Marijuana) right in their halls of residence by their colleagues and reported to the university authorities.

The people that reported should be rounded up and thoroughly beaten ...awon b*****
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Wolfbrother(m): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
firstking01:
Those people you mentioned did not smoke while in school.

How do you know? . were you there with them?
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by firstking01(m): 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
Wolfbrother:

How do you know? . were you there with them?
And that's the more reason they graduated well.
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by SalomonKane: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
LOL. How did they catch those smoking weed, I'm most curious to know.

This is among the reason I never stayed on campus when I was a student. I hate school rules, and I flouted them the slightest chance I get. Even smoking weed too. grin

Gosh men!!!! The way I take Jamba for Ekosodin and Faculty no be here oh... grin cheesy
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by abdurrazaq(m): 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
abuayman:
Abeg someone shud help me differentiate Expel and Rusticate
Expel - Banish, drive out, exile or eject. [Permanently]
Rusticate - Temporarily suspended
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by leo1234(m): 5:08am On Oct 18, 2016
What's the difference between expel and rusticate
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by koldej(m): 6:06am On Oct 18, 2016
To expel actually means being sent out of d skul I.e u re no longa a student of d skul..bt rusticate means u will b sent out of d skul for some period of time which can b for 2semesters I.e a year or 4semesters I.e two years den afta dat u com bck to d skul nd continue from d level u stpd soo asumin d person is in 200level wen he get rusticated nd e was rusticated for 3years e will com bck afta d 3 years nd continue frm his 200level if he wishes...
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2016
firstking01:
A student that was sent to school to study went and started smoking weed, smh...i can't seem to understand how you will read, assimilate and understand what you are taught...atleast, for the sake of your grades suspend smoking for that 4-5years you'd be in school when you graduate you can continue with your smoking eventhough i detest smoking...

Say NO to malpractice.

Say NO to cultism

Say NO to lecturers molesting the female students on our campuses..

Wish other schools will follow suit so as to bring sanity to our schools and other government parastatals..

Together we can make a change but not buhari's kind of change sha.

Guy these students where suspended because they were caught smoking weed in their halls of residence not because they were smoking weed..just because u don't smoke doesn't make weed smoking evil..U are not better than those who smoke or drink when and where and how u do it matters..if u do it. pple should stop all the hullabaloo abt smoking cos a fool will always be a fool, smoker or non smoker and a criminal will always be a criminal,smoker or non smoker and an intelligent student will always be intelligent,smoker or non smoker..there are a lot worse things out there than smoking undecided
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by firstking01(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2016
dairykidd:

Guy these students where suspended because they were caught smoking weed in their halls of residence not because they were smoking weed..just because u don't smoke doesn't make weed smoking evil..U are not better than those who smoke or drink when and where and how u do it matters..if u do it. pple should stop all the hullabaloo abt smoking cos a fool will always be a fool, smoker or non smoker and a criminal will always be a criminal,smoker or non smoker and an intelligent student will always be intelligent,smoker or non smoker..there are a lot worse things out there than smoking undecided
Desist from smoking weed my brother, it's bad for your health....and if it's a good thing why do you hide to smoke itundecided
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 18, 2016
firstking01:
Desist from smoking weed my brother, it's bad for your health....and if it's a good thing why do you hide to smoke itundecided

First off,i never said i smoked. Secondly if i do you are not my doctor so why are u concerned for my health.Thirdly i could list a whole lot of things that you consider good and do them which is more harmful to the health than smoking cannabis and lastly only kids hide to do things not just smoking..this isnt about ur religious beliefs ur personal morals..its more about conducting urself properly

And yes i smoke and have been doing so since my days @the uni and i drink and i am responsible and doing very good with my life,my health is top because i am enlightened enough to know that investing in my health is the greatest investment ever,i got parents who are proud of me any day any time and i got the greatest family in the world.
All i am letting u know is don't attach too much to weed being evil,or alcohol or cigarettes it the abuse of these things that creates problems of which we both know the abuse of anything yields no good smiley

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by firstking01(m): 10:40am On Oct 18, 2016
dairykidd:

First off,i never said i smoked. Secondly if i do you are not my doctor so why are u concerned for my health.Thirdly i could list a whole lot of things that you consider good and do them which is more harmful to the health than smoking cannabis and lastly only kids hide to do things not just smoking..this isnt about ur religious beliefs ur personal morals..its more about conducting urself properly

And yes i smoke and have been doing so since my days @the uni and i drink and i am responsible and doing very good with my life,my health is top because i am enlightened enough to know that investing in my health is the greatest investment ever,i got parents who are proud of me any day any time and i got the greatest family in the world.
All i am letting u know is don't attach too much to weed being evil,or alcohol or cigarettes it the abuse of these things that creates problems of which we both know the abuse of anything yields no good smiley
And still, the federal ministry of health have said it all...no be me talk am.
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by FredAkpan: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2016
Man between 40 and 45 seeks for a single lady for marriage.Interested and eligible ladies ready for marriage should send their details to 07054222205.
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by RentALodge: 11:27am On Oct 18, 2016
A welcome development. I wish other universities will adopt same measures so that disinterested students who believe that any system can be manipulated will have no hiding place. This should include students that belong to secret cults.

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Bishops10(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
he was, but we are yet to hear the full story of why he was expelled
lol....Seriously that guy is something else
He makes derogatory remarks about Uniben too much
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bishops10:

lol....Seriously that guy is something else
He makes derogatory remarks about Uniben too much
he is only bitter for nothing, if he was so pained and not really guilty he should have gone to School committee, he even extended it to the Bini tribe, uniben doesn't just expell students except the offense is weighty most times they suspend for one or two semester, even check his signature and see the level of bitterness he carries for a university that doesn't even know of his existence, such a bitter soul
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Bishops10(m): 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
he is only bitter for nothing, if he was so pained and not really guilty he should have gone to School committee, he even extended it to the Bini tribe, uniben doesn't just expell students except the offense is weighty most times they suspend for one or two semester, even check his signature and see the level of bitterness he carries for a university that doesn't even know of his existence, such a bitter soul
Leave him,let him bear his cross
You school there??
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bishops10:
Leave him,let him bear his cross You school there??
am an alumni, and am from there
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Bishops10(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
am an alumni, and am from there
Oh...really?? I'm an aspirant
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bishops10:
Oh...really?? I'm an aspirant
good luck
Re: UNILAG Expels 125, Rusticates 198 Students by Bishops10(m): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
good luck
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? / ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? / Struggle To Buy JAMB Form In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.