Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) (23875 Views)

Hilda Dokubo's Son, Tuvy, Celebrates His Birthday / Hilda Dokubo Celebrates Her Birthday Today. See How She Was Surprised / Hilda Dokubo's Phone Stolen At AMAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by wink2015(m): 10:54am On Oct 17, 2016
[size=18pt]Hilda is looking for cheap attention[/size]

1 Like

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by freeze001(f): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2016
not4sure:
But in all honesty woman can be the CEO of any company, she still belong to the kitchen. Even you will hear them say get out of my kitchen

When a person orders u out of her kitchen, her property, his house or whatsoever, it means that place, kitchen, property or house belongs to the person and not vice versa. A Female CEO can order u out of her kitchen because she owns it, it belongs to her and not her to it!

1 Like

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by wink2015(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2016
[size=18pt]Hilda is looking for cheap attention call it publicity[/size]
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by wink2015(m): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2016
[size=18pt]Hilda is looking for cheap attention[/size]
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by wellstryme(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2016
People need to chill on this matter,did he say women belong in the kitchen,he mentioned his wife though at the wrong place,you lots are the same people who will never let a woman rule this country,now acting like an activist,Gerrahia mehn
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by Realhommie(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2016
osborn442:
It seems like it was an unguarded statement from the President from all indication...
It wasn't unguarded.. People just read too many meanings to things and try to create a mountain out of a mole hill..

First of all it was about his (PMB's) own wife so for people to generalize that statement is very wrong, i'm guessing it's coz of the hatred and resentment a lot of persons have towards him and the reason isn't far fetched.

Secondly, it was a joke, a proverbial response. He only meant his wife's role should be beside him as far as politics is concerned coz he thinks she has limited knowledge hence should never be involved. It's that simple, I don't know why people are foaming in the mouth.

Is Aisha 'EDUCATED'? Yes

Is she 'VISIBLE' and 'VOCAL' carrying out her charges as wife of the president both within and outside the shores of naija? Yes

Are their daughters 'EDUCATED'? Yes

Are they ( both Aisha and her daughters) restricted to the 'KITCHEN' and other rooms? No

Does PMB have 'FEMALE' aides? Yes

Are there 'FEMALES' in his cabinet? Yes

Yet they say he is 'SEXIST'.. I don't understand

IMO, the fuss that the president's statement has generated is totally not necessary..
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by freeze001(f): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2016
CuteTj:
Everyone now has an opinion well which we must respect.

But each to his/her own. I know Aisha Buhari the one the comment was directed isn't complaining and can't complain because she knew what she was signing up for when she decided to marry a former General in the Nigeria Army (Nigerian military men that are dictorial and only understands go and not come), a far older man than herself, a man from the core north and lastly, a stubborn man as Pres. Buhari which we all know.

This case is a family matter between husband and wife and it should be treated as such. It's their cup of tea.

It would have been perfectly fine to see at as a family matter if he was a mere private citizen living somewhere in Katsina or Abuja or whichever country. The moment he solicited and got enough votes to qualify him to be called President and Commander-In-Chief with public resources at his disposal for both himself and every member of his family, he lost that claim to family business especially when he traveled on public funds, on behalf of Nigeria, to another country, with all the luxury and trappings of office as a President to open his mouth and attempt to relegate a woman who happens to be his wife. His every statement and candour reflects positively or negatively on Nigeria. It automatically means that his statement is his mindset and that is poisonous because that thing called body language will reflect among all those around him and trickle down to the general society.

Mind that the question he was asked had nothing to do with where he felt anyone belonged! He only needed to respond to her BBC interview or not! If u feel it's a mere family matter, tell me why he was able to pull a state dinner for his daughter for finally passing her resit exams at law school? Loads of Nigerian women die everyday but if his wife dies tomorrow (God forbid), hers will be a state burial with loads of adverts on newspapers and all done with public funds. Why would he not bury her in his village at Katsina quietly? It is the same reason why this and his many other gaffes cannot be regarded as mere personal family squabbles or as referring to just her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by freeze001(f): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2016
Realhommie:

It wasn't unguarded.. People just read too many meanings to things and try to create a mountain out of a mole hill..

First of all it was about his (PMB's) own wife so for people to generalize that statement is very wrong, i'm guessing it's coz of the hatred and resentment a lot of persons have towards him and the reason isn't far fetched.

Secondly, it was a joke, a proverbial response. He only meant his wife's role should be beside him as far as politics is concerned coz he thinks she has limited knowledge hence should never be involved. It's that simple, I don't know why people are foaming in the mouth.

Is Aisha 'EDUCATED'? Yes

Is she 'VISIBLE' and 'VOCAL' carrying out her charges as wife of the president both within and outside the shores of naija? Yes

Are their daughters 'EDUCATED'? Yes

Are they ( both Aisha and her daughters) restricted to the 'KITCHEN' and other rooms? No

Does PMB have 'FEMALE' aides? Yes

Are there 'FEMALES' in his cabinet? Yes

Yet they say he is 'SEXIST'.. I don't understand

IMO, the fuss that the president's statement has generated is totally not necessary..

I agree with u that it wasn't an unguarded statement only on the premise that he meant every word and it was no joke. He clarified his position by saying he thinks she should stay out of politics because she should be looking after him! When u insist on calling it a joke u make one wonder whether there is a separate insight he gave u specially. He does not have the luxury of referring 'only' to his wife in that manner because he is a public figure and a representative of the entire country! His actions, words and whatnot reflect on Nigerians and millions actually look up to him and attempt to mirror his words and lifestyle so it is imperative that he his upstanding even at the highest level of scrutiny which he is inevitably subjected to.

If he even said it within the shores of Nigeria where women are constantly disregarded he might have had some covering of dead culture but not at an international gathering with a female world leader right beside him! That wasn't boldness, that was complete stupidity and parochial chauvinism!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by CuteTj(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2016
@globa & freeze001,

I agree with you that it is now a national matter although I'm not wrong by saying it is a family matter as the said incident happened between a man and wife. I repeat, I agree with your comments.
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by fucklil: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2016
see as she won chop person
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by FellaL: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2016
It's unfortunate everything.
But y'all go dey alright.
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by obivictor(m): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2016
Madam go to the other room pls
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2016
lastkidconcepts:
I wonder oo..why is she taking it personal personally?
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by sarahade(f): 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=not4sure post=50269978]But in all honesty woman can be the CEO of any company, she still belong to the kitchen. Even you will hear them say get out of my
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by Fitz22(f): 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
redcliff:
Mu.mu woman. Was he talking about you. Is your name now aisha buhari?

You are obviously the bigger mumu for not understanding Buhari's statement.

1 Like

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by uzuede4(f): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
gabazin080:
ZOMBIE SPOTTED .
U supported the dullarpo on this cus your mum is only good for sex IN THE OTHER ROOM and to cook in the kitchen.
That was too harsh bro. The people in question don't even know us. We should stop insulting ourselves here . Please, let's have respect for one another.
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by redcliff: 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
Fitz22:

You are obviously the bigger mumu for not understanding Buhari's statement.

Did he talk about your wife or your mother? Are you helping Buhari service his wife? Are you Aisha's father, mother, brother or sister? How does his household and how he wants to run it concern you? Do you provide for his family? How does what he said affect the economy? Did Buhari tell you he needs your opinion on how to manage his wife? Did you marry Aisha for him? So STFU!
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by vislabraye(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
dollyinxx:
Taking paracetamol for someone else's headache is a serious problem

No worry. Your time go soon come. Make u no come Nairaland to talk say your husband lock you inside room.
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by vanvick247(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
dunkem21:
I had to enter Kitchen myself ..

Lolzzzzzz. Bro abeg I never chop since morning ooo. Me no mind sum of dis for lunch sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
What Hilda is pointing out is that Buhari the president of this country just insulted and debase every woman in this country. Either you are a professional or otherwise, a woman is not meant to be heard or considered when making and arriving at important decisions... That statement is not only for Aisha....but every woman in this country....and it's just too bad.. so wrong..
Pride always comes before a.........??
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by 99foxxy(f): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yes oh, it was mean of presido to say such about his wife and the wife too goofed. Two confused people.
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by willibounce1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
We all know women don't belong to the kitchen... we have some reasonable women doing well all over the country. I don't understand why some stupid women are trying to gain popularity with the statement.

Only very few women don't belong to the kitchen or bedroom... in fact 70percent belong to the bedroom these days because they have nothing to offer other than big boobs and ass, displaying everything on the internet for likes. We watch music videos and see how girls expose all their body dancing like possessed demons.. olosho don full everywhere finish.

Some useless girls will be posting curves and cleavage on the internet and posting 1million naira bag and they don't have any reasonable job they can point to. Some claim they are actresses but you can count the number of movies you see them in. We all know they are big time prostitutes... the annoying thing is how they claim to.be independent women... how olosho go dey claim independent woman? Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by ziggy1702(m): 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
Last time I checked your name is Hilda and not Aisha or the wife of the president. The prez neva said all women belongs to the kitchen he said "my wife" belongs to "my kitchen" nor be everything dem dey take enter news
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
I already love this woman grin
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by onward4life(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
dunkem21:
I had to enter Kitchen myself ..

Wickedness. Yu are wicked ! If yu eat all dis alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by dunkem21(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2016
onward4life:

Wickedness. Yu are wicked ! If yu eat all dis alone.

Laff wan choke me grin
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by no1madman(m): 1:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
amtalkin:
This man should kindly explain the other room that part I'm not understanding it at all
When u grow up,u go know. .
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by ihimiray(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
gabazin080:
ZOMBIE SPOTTED .
U supported the dullarpo on this cus your mum is only good for sex IN THE OTHER ROOM and to cook in the kitchen.
u deserve to die.... Why would you insult his mum like Dat...i swear u deserve to be kikled
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by cyrilamx(m): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
What really intrigues me on this allegation of male chauvinism is that while women want equal representation along with men be its in offices, politics,none is vocal to have equal number of women with men in war front. Or is that not a career too? ...men are dying fighting BH in North-East, women should also join in combat role not just fighting over comfortable positions or offices...
Amelian:
What Hilda is pointing out is that Buhari the president of this country just insulted and debase every woman in this country. Either you are a professional or otherwise, a woman is not meant to be heard or considered when making and arriving at important decisions... That statement is not only for Aisha....but every woman in this country....and it's just too bad.. so wrong..
Pride always comes before a.........??
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
cyrilamx:
What really intrigues me on this allegation of male chauvinism is that while women want equal representation along with men be its in offices, politics,none is vocal to have equal number of women with men in war front. Or is that not a career too? ...men are dying fighting BH in North-East, women should also join in combat role not just fighting over comfortable positions or offices...

There are women in the army.. I know a lady who is in the army... In fact two ladies.
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by freshcvvs: 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Amelian:

There are women in the army.. I know a lady who is in the army... In fact two ladies.

1 to 100 Abi?
Re: Hilda Dokubo Reacts To Buhari's "Kitchen" Statement (Video) by cyrilamx(m): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
I was expecting such lame reply from you. Did I hear u say women in the army? I said should women be clamouring for equal number of combat females with men? If Nigeria has 10,000 soldiers battling insurgency, half of those numbers should be women or don't you think women are also marginalised here?
Amelian:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prince Iyke Olisa And Sylvia's Wedding Photos / "Money Is Not Everything" - Actor RMD Turns Inspirational Speaker In New Photos / Eric Akhigbe In Convocation Gown, Celebrates Bagging Degree From UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.