Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) (650 Views)

TOO BAD! My Dad Demands Sex Before Paying My School Fees, Girl Tells Police In A / New Method Of Breastfeeding In Public / Is It OK Breastfeeding In Public??? #debate #photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by Truecelebmedia(f): 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
I have a fond memory of breastfeeding in church.

I was a young mom to a baby boy and my church was a very small congregation of only a few families. We didn’t have a nursing room or a “mother’s room” and there was no way I was going to nurse my baby in the restroom. Besides, my pastor had a wife who was still breastfeeding their 2 year-old son under a blanket (he would occasionally pop his head out to say goodbye to the families heading home). I knew he wouldn’t think it was weird or inappropriate to nurse my baby while he was behind the pulpit. So every Sunday I sat there with a squirming baby on my lap and figured out the mechanics of nursing a baby under a blanket in public.

It wasn’t easy but I got the hang of it.

I’ll never forget the time I flashed the pastor.

It was just your typical Sunday. I was sitting in the front row. My baby had finally dozed off and I felt my nipple pop out of his mouth. I could feel his sweaty little hand loosen his grip on my blouse, and I exhaled slowly. Truth be told, the oxytocin hormones were flowing and I could have used a nap myself. I felt my eyes go heavy and the pastor went on about love and clanging cymbals. When I felt the cool breeze on my chest I realized my nursing blanket had slipped off my shoulder and my breast was fully exposed. With flushed cheeks, I covered myself up, sat up straight and hoped I didn’t put on too big of a show. Thankfully, the pastor didn’t skip a beat and continued with his message.

This wasn’t the first or last time I nursed one of my babies in church — or the last time I accidentally flashed someone my breast, to be honest. If they offered a “mother’s room” and it was nice and comfortable, I’d be more than happy to sit in there with my baby. Sometimes, I just wanted to sit in church with my husband. Either way, I liked the freedom to do either one. Thankfully, I never had any issues breastfeeding my babies in church.

That said, I don’t think it’s rude or inappropriate or distasteful or weird to nurse my baby on Sunday mornings.

whats your opinion? is it Good or Bad[b][/b]?

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by makydebbie(f): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
In my church nursing mothers take the back seat. To aviod things like this.personally, I think the "nursing room" is the best option.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2016
undecidedOrdinary breastfeeding??

I don't think it's wrong oh
Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by Essentials1(m): 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
I agree with makydebbie
Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by Truecelebmedia(f): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2016
makydebbie:
In my church nursing mothers take the back sit. To aviod things like this.personally, I think the "nursing room" is the best option.

what about churches without nursing room?
Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by Truecelebmedia(f): 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Truecelebmedia:

OBTSubtle:
undecidedOrdinary breastfeeding??
I don't think it's wrong oh
Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by makydebbie(f): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
Truecelebmedia:

the back seat

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by holysainbj(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hehehe
It should be done only in d other room so in church its bad cool

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding In Church, Good Or Bad? (my Experience And Opinion) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
Truecelebmedia:

Take a chair outside..

Have someone assist you move your chair outside to a more comfortable spot...

Breastfeeding a child is important..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does It Make Sense To Serve Nigeria? Is Nysc Not Just A Waste Of Time? / Checkout This Couple's Pre Wedding Photos..its Unique / I Rejected Marriage Proposal From ‘able-bodied’ Women – Deaf, Dumb Groom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.