Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) (30348 Views)

Accident Victim At Elohor Clinic Agbarho, Do You Know Him? / Unidentified Lady Involved In Accident In Lagos. Do You Know Her? (Pictured) / Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious In Abuja Hospital (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by MrBLING(m): 12:46am On Oct 18, 2016
linearity:

Abeg pass on that weed wey you just smoke so.

She is an accident victim, there is no confidentiality there...and when the identity of an unconscious patient, their are no known better channels to reach her people other than to go to the public for help.

Sorry you are wrong. Unless she left an expressed wish or any legal document to publish her personal information should she lapse into a coma, the hospital management or staff have no right to do that. She or next of kin can sue for damages.

In a sane society the hospital/police/media organization can release anonymous information eg

A female, mid forties, wearing ......clothes, .... jewelries,
Is in a critical condition at ....hospital
Any persons who believe they may be related should contact ......

And ps

This applies too to owners on nairaland website. For publishing her unauthorized image, while she is in the process receiving medical treatment
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by qualified(f): 1:30am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:

Well that's why nigeria is called a jungle. Maybe I have been away too long and have shed prehistoric ways of thinking

people be forming Americana on top naija matter!

wetin dis one dey talk?

oga, please can you tell us the better medium to locate her family and friends, when we don't even have a database where we trace with her fingerprints?
criticizing without solution! mtcheww
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by qualified(f): 1:41am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:

Sorry you are wrong. Unless she left an expressed wish or any legal document to publish her personal information should she lapse into a coma, the hospital management or staff have no right to do that. She or next of kin can sue for damages.

In a sane society the hospital/police/media organization can release anonymous information eg

And ps

This applies too to owners on nairaland website. For publishing her unauthorized image, while she is in the process receiving medical treatment

who told you she is in mid forties?
is she the only one that bought that material?
I see, na only she they mold that kind jewelry for, abi?

what if her relatives are not even in Abuja, but the radio announcement was aired only in Abuja? but people view internet from all over the world.
who pays for the publicity?
did you even notice that she is still in her clothes, not in hospital clothes?
Mr. oyibo, the nurses here are not even enough talk more of giving concentrated attention to one person! have you been to a Nigerian hospital before? don't remind me how they are

in short, sue God too for allowing naija to keep existing.

why am I awake by this time sef?
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by MrBLING(m): 2:25am On Oct 18, 2016
qualified:

people be forming Americana on top naija matter!

wetin dis one dey talk?

oga, please can you tell us the better medium to locate her family and friends, when we don't even have a database where we trace with her fingerprints?
criticizing without solution! mtcheww

That fact that you dey stay jungle does not mean you act and think like an animal at all times.
Read my other post for solution
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by MrBLING(m): 2:37am On Oct 18, 2016
qualified:

who told you she is in mid forties?
is she the only one that bought that material?
I see, na only she they mold that kind jewelry for, abi?

what if her relatives are not even in Abuja, but the radio announcement was aired only in Abuja? but people view internet from all over the world.
who pays for the publicity?
did you even notice that she is still in her clothes, not in hospital clothes?
Mr. oyibo, the nurses here are not even enough talk more of giving concentrated attention to one person! have you been to a Nigerian hospital before? don't remind me how they are

in short, sue God too for allowing naija to keep existing.

why am I awake by this time sef?

On first impression your long epistle struck me as sensible.
However was disappointed after going through that it is quite unintelligible.
The fact that the Nigerian system supports lawlessness does not mean its citizens should see that as a norm and wallow in ignorance.
Well I have said my 2 cent. If you or others disagree then good for you
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by linearity: 2:48am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:

And ps

The problem is, you are comparing western civilization, where everything is digit. Yes, in places like America, there will be no need to publish her picture, because they have myriad of alternative ways of locating her relatives. If she entered a bus, she must have bought a ticket and the likelihood of buying that ticket with Credit/Debit is very high and she can be traced. In very few cases, when the ticket was purchase with case, they can run lots of her bios, e.g finger prints, etc.

However in Nigeria, we are not very fortunate and if what you are saying is done, you will see something like:

The individual below was involved in an accident:

Jewelry: silver wrist watch, gold necklace with cross, and earrings
clothe: red flower gown
Accident location: lokoja

etc

Those information will barely get any hit, they are so generic, no one will pay attention to it; plus you will be counting on her close relative to be online or have access to the paper where the story is published and to know that, their relationship is been referenced.

Plus who exactly will pay for that publication? I doubt the hospital is going to foot the bill, when no one have shown up to settle the bills she has already incurred or you think the Federal government is going to foot the bill?

While I clearly understand your point, given the situation in Nigeria, this is the most effective and faster way to reach her relative and it might just save her live, because I doubt she is getting the best care she deserves at the moment, I even doubt is she is getting any beyond the minimum, because someone has to pay the hospital and if that someone doesn't show up fast enough, she will be statistic.

Again, no confidentiality is involve here and none was violated. She was an accident victim, that accident happened in the public and there is no reasonable expectation for privacy or confidentiality for anything that took place in the public. The hospital is also a public place...confidentiality comes into play between an individual and his/her Doctor/Hospital regarding thing confidential matters discussed or confidential tests that are carried out.

4 Likes

Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by olaolaking: 2:52am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:
Is this not infringing on the privacy of the patient?
Did she or next of kin provide consent before making her pictures public?
If you are so desperate to locate her relatives are there no better channels rather than breaking confidentiality which you as a clinician swore to uphold?
Suggest better channels
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by olaolaking: 3:05am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:

And ps

Please, describe the dress she wears and the jewelry to someone who has not seen this picture up there.

Like: An unknown female with red + green + yellow color dress with a necklace color blue with diamonds gold....
Abi? The 1st thing the reasonable minded ones we ask you is: why you no send her pix?
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by FellaL: 4:14am On Oct 18, 2016
My heart goes out to her
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by Verami(f): 5:09am On Oct 18, 2016
God bless those taking care of her and I wish her well
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by glossy6(f): 5:33am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:
If you are so desperate to locate her relatives are there no better channels rather than breaking confidentiality which you as a clinician swore to uphold?

What are you saying?

Quick recovery my dear
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by juman(m): 6:10am On Oct 18, 2016
What a backward country!
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by jidxin(m): 6:37am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:

I cannot engage you in a cerebral conversation.
Completely pointless
sure its obvious engaging him in a cerebral conversation is really pointless cos u wont even make sense. they way u think ehn.... I wonder how ppl would react wen u re abt to talk. .... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by jidxin(m): 6:42am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:

And ps

nd pls what do you know about d law? nd guy are u okay like dz an express wish for an unknown person....im really baffled. u dont know sum1 nd yet u expect him to be carrying "an express wish" just think nd talk less. ...cos I think u re blabbing here

1 Like

Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by Xynthialuvy(f): 7:00am On Oct 18, 2016
MrBLING:
How shld they do dt?
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by Xynthialuvy(f): 7:08am On Oct 18, 2016
jidxin:
sure its obvious engaging him in a cerebral conversation is really pointless cos u wont even make sense. they way u think ehn.... I wonder how ppl would react wen u re abt to talk. .... grin grin
Lol
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 18, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
Pictured is an accident victim who is currently laying at the emergency unit of Nyanya General Hospital, Abuja. According to the person who shared this sad news, the lady who has been in an unconscious state -has not yet been identified.Anyone with useful information should contact the appropriate authorities.

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/photo-of-unidentified-accident-victim.html
Thanks for this info. The hospital is one of our esteemed clients. I've notified a doctor in that hospital to look into her case. Cheers!
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 18, 2016
stellx:
Reminds me of my days as a H.O.
Such patients have folders opened for them as Unknown Unknown.
Just hope this medium would have the desired result
I've already notified a doctor friend who works in the hospital. I'll also reach out to the Nyanya hospital's chairman today as well.
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by kennynikky(m): 8:15am On Oct 18, 2016
stellx:
Reminds me of my days as a H.O.
Such patients have folders opened for them as Unknown Unknown.
Just hope this medium would have the desired result
, i luv dat write up, can u please send 4 m, i find it difficult 2 dowload online pix.. Tnx
Re: Unidentified Accident Victim Unconscious At Abuja Hospital (Photo) by Peace2love: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
wish you quick recovery in Jesus name. Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far / British Airways Flight Heading To Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air / My Detailed Trip From Lagos To Uk With Pixxx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.