Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? (27657 Views)

Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / Blind Couple Who Have Been Married For 40 Years Tell Their Love Story / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by omooba969(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
Yes.

Kini big deal. cool
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by odigiri1983(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
Kobicove:
I think it depends on the type of wife you have...

Personally I would not disclose that information to my wife undecided

The only thing that concerns her is that the bills get paid
I don't too .You look at your wife before disclosing such info.
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by MattFreeman007(m): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
Yes And No...All Depends On The Type Of Wife You Have...!!!
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by nurseafrica: 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
OK. Noted.
Moving on to the next thread......
May your future husband de house de do child care For You . Professionally.
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by pek(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Why not?
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
oloyede252:
sequence to this thread " Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands?.many females are of the opinion that husband's have No business with their wife salaries, which now beg the question "Do You Think Married men should tell their wife how much they earn"

Yes, it is encouraged to share your salary status/business income with your wife. This will build the love between you. If you kick against this, just remember after marriage, the best place to discuss issues of this kind is your partner. Thank you
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by tosyne2much(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
hectorswag:
What if I'm a business man with multiple streams of income and my monthly earnings isn't a fixed amount and with high and low margins?

She will tire to find out grin

I can never allow any woman, wife or not to see me finish like that angry
[i] So you no fit let your gf sef know the weight of your bank account? smiley
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by CaptPlanet(m): 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
I'll respect my wife till death do us part and i'll equally provide for her but she'll never know how much I earn.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
As a married man, I will advise you thus;

If you have a dream project and you want to be able to save to accomplish it, then make your wife your accountant and financial manager. Give her access to the project account.

But if you have no project and want to live life of enjoyment, understate how much you earn. Lets say you earn 1m a month, inform her that you earn 700k and put that in your joint account and set aside 300k for the booze and ladies.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by TheArchangel(f): 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
nurseafrica:

May your future husband de house de do child care For You . Professionally.
AMEN bro. And may I dey office dey bring wetin we go dey chop. Amen and Amen....Amen.
Nicest prayer of my life.
I am a born hustler so staying at home doing childcare PROFESIONALLY whatever that means is unpalatable. So if he can do it, why nat
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by jnrbayano(m): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
fav444:
All these things depends on the type of woman u marry. if you marry a woman who has generous affinity for luxury, artificial beauty, pleasure seeking and a flair for shopping and u tell her the exact amount u earn then my brother u are finished.

but if she is a wise and prudent type, my brother make her ur account officer and in 10 years time come back here and outline ur achievements.

Best contribution
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Brendaniel: 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
1bkaye:
Different couples, different arrangements. I personally would want to know how much he earns and will also let him know of my earnings. I plan to have some sort of joint account with my spouse where we'll probably deposit agreed amounts monthly that will be used to settle common expenses. Separate to our own individual personal accounts.
My sister God bless you, you just took words from my mouth....
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by zicoraads: 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
jaybee3:

I know how much she earns
I have access to her accounts
She has dedicated financial responsibilities
I don't question what she does with her money but that's probably because she is good with money

What else do you want to know?

It's the other way round. If she knows everything that comes into your account.
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by izobemheuwaize: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Yes if she,s industrious, progress and intelligent.NO if she is lazy,parasitic and retrogressive.
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by papauju(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Of course! The husband/wife has every right to know
said who?
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by freezyprinzy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
I would never I repeat NEVER tell my spouse how much I earn even at gun point

1 Like

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by jaybee3(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
zicoraads:

It's the other way round. If she knows everything that comes into your account.

She does and she is entitled to half of everything we own so no biggie
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by EdDave(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
You exchange body fluids,
She bore kids for you, cooks ur meals and handles your other sensitive business.
Yet, you can't share your salary and financial status with each other?
What do you people think marriage is? angry.

God forbid, one of you dies or indisposed. And you will see how the banks will claim your abandoned capital and assets without remorse.
Biko, why would you marry someone you don't trust?

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by jashar(f): 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
luminouz:

Say make I slap u! cheesy grin

ahhh!!!!

So, you're one of 'em?

Awon women hitters.

*monikernoted* tongue

izobemheuwaize:
Yes if she,s industrious, progress and intelligent.NO if she is lazy,parasitic and retrogressive.

What the heck would make you marry someone like that? undecided

Jazz?
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by omoplaycool(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

First of all respect yourself and don't bring any of my parents up again because I can equally bring yours up and insult them if you try me.
Secondly no, Nigerian men do not take care of children to the same extent their wives do. They only pitch in occasionally or only when they don't have a choice but to assist. Denying that fact all you want doesn't stop it from being true.
The typical Nigerian man will never agree that he and his wife have equal responsibilities towards home
based child care.

Am not trying to attack your comment but I must confess am sick and tired of the whole stupid complex we Now have, not just a Nigerian thing, it's becoming an African thing that the ladies are beginning to think beasts of our men
My Father is in his 70s and my mother still has that blush and smile on her face when she tells us how much of a caring loving father her husband is....
To the ladies who think "Nigerian men " don't live up to the task.. It's an AMEN for you.. Simply put.... Be it onto you according to your words

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by omoplaycool(m): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

First of all respect yourself and don't bring any of my parents up again because I can equally bring yours up and insult them if you try me.
Secondly no, Nigerian men do not take care of children to the same extent their wives do. They only pitch in occasionally or only when they don't have a choice but to assist. Denying that fact all you want doesn't stop it from being true.
The typical Nigerian man will never agree that he and his wife have equal responsibilities towards home
based child care.

Am not trying to attack your comment but I must confess am sick and tired of the whole stupid complex we Now have, not just a Nigerian thing, it's becoming an African thing that the ladies are beginning to think beasts of our men
My Father is in his 70s and my mother still has that blush and smile on her face when she tells us how much of a caring loving father her husband is....
To the ladies who think "Nigerian men " don't live up to the task.. It's an AMEN for you.. Simply put.... Be it onto you according to your words ( thoughts)
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by basingstoke: 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
It's my wife that tells me when my salary has entered my account.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by tonyobj(m): 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
No. Never.
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Missmossy(f): 10:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
grin grin
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Missmossy(f): 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Of course we would both be open to each other acting like kids sometimes grin been transparent brings out the beauty of marriage.

Besides if while dating/courting he gives you his atm to redraw cash when married i see no reason for a fuss on the salary thing. He would know mine and vice versa.

Making a secret out of issues like these brings up quarrels in some marriages i know. Moreover if such a lady is independent there would definitely be no issues on this.
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by Adebayowest: 10:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
My wife knows how much i earn plus how much i have in my account versa
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by luminouz(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
jashar:

ahhh!!!!

So, you're one of 'em?

Awon women hitters.

*monikernoted* tongue

Rara o! Am a lover babe! grin

What the heck would make you marry someone like that? undecided

Jazz?

Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by MsFaith: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
1bkaye:
Different couples, different arrangements. I personally would want to know how much he earns and will also let him know of my earnings. I plan to have some sort of joint account with my spouse where we'll probably deposit agreed amounts monthly that will be used to settle common expenses. Separate to our own individual personal accounts.

That's just it. Love and trust
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by lailo: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:

Wake up at night to carry crying baby as often as your wife does it, bathe and dress kids, clean and change diaper, prepare pap/baby formula to feed since you can't breastfeed, play with them when they are crying of boredom, take them to hospital when they are ill, take them to school and bring them back when they close from school, assist them with homework, teach them how to handle bullies, teach them how to do housework to help out at home, discipline them properly when they misbehave etc
Na mumu husband u wan marry
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by vicben27(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
yes of cuz! shez ur wife n mother of ur children so i believe evry woman deserves d right to knw hw much her husband earns! so dy can plan n move forward
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by buffalowings: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
chrisj2:

Furthermore, in the UK, most people can have a rough idea and good guestimate of what others earn - that is if you are an employee and do normal jobs not a merchant banker, or work for a multi-nationals or at the very high level in the entertainment/media industry.

For me, it is not about how much the spouses earn but how much investment and personal savings and assets they have - and their liabilities/debts should also be factored in.

I do not think it is necessary to fully disclose everything - being married does not stop the person being an individual and being an individual and does help (sometimes) in terms of financial management. Again, it could be negative - as the other half might be buried in debt without disclosure. I am very good with money and I do trust myself to invest in the future of myself and family. Full disclosure might help especially with folks wanting this and that and the other half might want to splash out on this or that..

Why should a woman or man submit his or her salary or wages in a marriage - this is why a joint account comes in: the contribution ratio depends on individual circumstances - the wife might earn more than the man or the income of one or both might vary if they are business people or freelance.

* You should always have a bit of you in every relationship!

OK I think I'm hearing of the contribution ratio in joint account for the first time... will keep this in mind. Thanks
Re: Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? by zheroes(m): 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Akposb:
Seriously questions like this make one wonder what sort of expectations that people of this present age have on entering marriage. Salary on any ground shouldn't be a secret. Any attempt to make it so could be a recipe for trust issues. Marry someone you can call a companion so that you don't have to consider such issue like this as an option.
1000 gbosa for you!!!! I almost said the topic was stupid but when I remebered that we live in a time when phones are private and private parts are public I then kept mute. So many marriages are worse than people dating, if there is true love nothing will be hidden.e

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Is Easier To Raise, Male Child Or Female Child? / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos / "You’re My Father" -Student; "No, I’m Not, Please" – Ex -lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.