Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Census Results Out - More Males Than Females - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Census Results Out - More Males Than Females (12030 Views)

Buhari Unveiled A Kitchen & Store-Room Cabinet Of 100% Northern Males - Egbejumi / Lagos Elections: 70% Results Out And Ambode Leading / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by shinystar(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2006
The National Population Commission has released the figures for the last census exercise. Though details are still sketchy, it was stated there are more males than females in Nigeria. Precisely, it said there are 71 million plus males in Nigeria compared to 68 million females.

Could this be true considering the fact that females are known to be more than males? If this is true, what is the implication for Nigerian economy? How will this affect social interaction and marital relationships?

Cheers!
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Mariory(m): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2006
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6217719.stm

The provisional results of Nigeria's first census in 15 years show that Africa's most populous nation has a population of more than 140m.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2006
maybe now women can have more husbands!  grin
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2006
that census figure alone is enough to let us know whatever else they publish is nothing but a charade.

1 Like

Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Mariory(m): 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2006
Why is that? It is generally accepted that the population is between 120-150m people.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2006
@ mariory, i meant the more men than women fraud.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Mariory(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2006
I guess w'll have to wait till the results are released classed on a regional basis. I bet that figure will have been influed by the Nothern Region where the men would've have kept most of their wives away from census officials.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by otokx(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2006
"Government Magic"
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2006
davidylan:

that census figure alone is enough to let us know whatever else they publish is nothing but a charade.

Why?. . . Because it didn't come out to what you expected?. . . Did you go out to do any counting?. . . You just sit on your computer and discredit people's results. Nutcase!
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by nigeriaone: 12:04am On Dec 30, 2006
Dont worry, we would all know if the census figure is accurate. Google have agreed to do an interview with Najia radio on http://www.nigeriaone.com they would be discussing how they got the satellite picture and help us compare the information gathered,  We also have contact NASA to join us in discussing , so if mr Makawa lied we would all know,  but i would tell you this wait till we all see the figure state by state,   do not discredit it yet.

yes it is possible for men to be 3 million more than women,  even when nigeria had a war,  less than 100,000 where really involve in the war,  and the war is 36 years ago,  about 70% of nigerian have not been born by then,

And is the population really 140 million? I would say yes, I did some calculation, which you can check nigeriaone.com it was about 140 figure I got.

And google have agreed to do an interview on how they collected the satellite pictures of Nigeria with us at nigeriaone .com ,  don't worry, if mr makawa tell a lie,  we would all know,  and I am getting NASA involve too,  Google have contact me that they would do the interview,  and i would get NASA to share their own pictures too,  So wait till the govt give us the figure and we would tell you if the figures is in line with satellite picture,  but that result release for abuja is accurate as they can get,  You people know how I have been fight to get accurate figure, 
I would not lie,  about this my calculation also put abuja between 2 to 3 million to,  But I need to see the other state to agree or disagree with mr makawa,  but he is correct for abuja, 

Join us as google share detail information on the census figure with us,  http://www.NigeriaONE.com
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Mariory(m): 12:11am On Dec 30, 2006
How exactly are satellite pictures supposed to give you a population figure. All they would give you is an idea of where population concentrations are.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 1:00am On Dec 30, 2006
This Nigeriaone guy is a clown, he doesn't even understand the technology he is abusing.

By the way, how will this affect the Igbo states? . . . We know that even though Igbos are being bashed for wanting to seceede, Igbos have the highest number of its group living in other states. Hopefully some nuts don't use the state by state figure to claim that they're more populous than other groups.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by nigeriaone: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2006
Thank you, you just answered your question, you said satellite picture shows where people are concentrated, That is the key to calculation, at lease we have have seen that the 1991 census were fraud, so if this new figure follow the same ranking as the 1991 one we know thier is problem ,
satellite picture tell you if the population is correct, in 1991 census IBB govt claim that Mayo Belwa had more population than Numan in Adamawa state, but pictures shows that Numan is more populated, I have been to both, so at least the picture disprove the claim be kastina state in 1991 census, which IBB claim it was more populated than oyo state,

Now on calculation please this link, where we tried to explain how they calculate population with satellite picture, just a rough idea,

http://www.nigeriaone.com/smf/index.php/topic,1712.msg4509/topicseen.html#msg4509
http://www.nigeriaone.com/smf/index.php/topic,1397.0.html
http://www.nigeriaone.com/smf/index.php/topic,1565.0.html
http://www.nigeriaone.com/smf/index.php/topic,1396.0.html
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 30, 2006
@nigeriaone

You failed to answer my question in another thread. How can you honestly say Ondo state is more populated than Anambra state?. . . Minus the little oil mining going on in Ondo, of what economic use is it?. . . Anambra is home to Nnewi and Onitsha, two industrial towns.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by McKren(m): 1:24am On Dec 30, 2006
maybe now women can have more husbands!

Dont rejoice in vain!!! the result is not very accurate. Have you wondered why its very difficult this days to find a husband. I heard in the 50s and 60s it was difficult not find a wife now its the other way round.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Mariory(m): 5:01am On Dec 30, 2006
nigeriaone:

Now on calculation please this link, where we tried to explain how they calculate population with satellite picture, just a rough idea,

http://www.nigeriaone.com/smf/index.php/topic,1712.msg4509/topicseen.html#msg4509

Based on how your formula works, you appear to be assuming one of it's variables. How do you obtain your human density figures? Is this based on number of homes found in an area? If so, it means you would have to assume a constant number of people per house.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by nigeriaone: 5:06am On Dec 30, 2006
Donzman  said """'Anambra is home to Nnewi and Onitsha, two industrial towns.""'

So my brother, what you consisted to be big is not,  Satellite picture shows they are small town,  please check the satellite picture,
You see one africa proverb said ,  I man who have not been to another man father farm believe that his father farm is the biggest in the world,   That is the way i would describe Nnewi and onitsha,  they are not large from satellite picture,  at least i would tell you enugu is bigger than onitsha, while owerri is bigger than nnewi,  nnewi is really small. please download the satellite picture for yourself and check,

on finding a husband, the marriage age of 20 to 35 may have more women than male, so let wait and see the figure,
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 30, 2006
Go on ground and see things for yourself. All these folks who haven't left their "native" states to visit other parts of Nigeria telling us what's going on. You should take time out to visit Onitsha and then visit Akure, you'll be more informed as to which town has more people. What a clown, what on God's earth will attract a human being looking to make a living to Ondo State? undecided. . . Onitsha has the biggest market (or atleast one of the biggest) in all of West Africa and you sit there telling me Ondo is more populous than Anambra.

Do some travelling, satellite images do not count people and it doesn't tell you what the situation is on ground. Incase you didn't know, Onitsha for example might have more than 10 people in one home. All these businessmen have "boys" who work in their shops living with them. This is almost peculiar to Onitsha, does your phony satellite images take this into account?. . . Give me a break, preach your gospel to the ill-informed!

If Ondo or Ogun is really more populated than all the Eastern states, why then do you explain the number of luxurious buses going from Lagos down to Onitsha or Enugu. You should visit your nearest motorpark in Mile2 or Yaba, check out the number of buses looking to go down to Anambra and compare with those looking to go to Ondo. Again you're out of touch, you need to get off the couch and do some travelling. For some reason you believe your silly satellite image will be more accurate than people who went to do the counting themselves.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by stranger12: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2006
Women are fewer possibly because
[list]
[li]More women are given visa to travel out of the country than men[/li]
[li]More men migrate into Nigeria from neighboring countries[/li]

[/list]
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by babasin(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2006
stranger12
More men migrate into Nigeria from neighboring countries

I thought OBJ was counting Nigerians! or is it everyone in Nigeria
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by zPixel(m): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2006
I think we need more people to travel out.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Izu1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2006
Dozman I agree with you

To me there is going to be another Civil war in this country. These Ewu hausa and Omole people are not saying the truth they are hidding a lot of things from the Igbos. How can a desert like kaduna be more populated than Anambra state.

I have travelled almost all the villages in Anambra state, brodas there is no way Ogun and Ondo even put together can be more populated than anambra u guys should travel and see for urself.

Travel through Owerri road and see things for urself from Onitsha - Oba - Oraifite - Ozubulu- NNewi even to Ihiala are all towns with business booming in them. Not to talk of awka-Enugu which has more towns.

I have traveled to ondo state and I tell u my brothers that apart from Akure and Ore we do not have any town that is as big as any of the towns mentioned above.

Checking properly you will find out that 30% of the people leaving in the Ondo and Ogun state's are Igbos.

anyway let us wait for the proper result.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Pain(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2006
If The Men Are More Than The Women. Then I Wonder Why Prayer For Life Partners Top The Lists Of Prayer Requests In Nigeria.

Why Are There So Many Chronic Spinsters Around. Imean Its Not Fair What U Guys Are Doing to Nijja Sistas.

Please Lets Do Them A Favor and Marry Them.

The've Overstayed Their Welcomes In Momma's House.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by edygirl(f): 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2006
Women has never been more than female in Nigeria so I believe the result was true.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by nigeriaone: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2006
Donzman said"

Go on ground and see things for yourself. All these folks who haven't left their "native" states to visit other parts of Nigeria telling us what's going on. You should take time out to visit Onitsha and then visit Akure, you'll be more informed as to which town has more people. What a clown, what on God's earth will attract a human being looking to make a living to Ondo State? . . . Onitsha has the biggest market (or atleast one of the biggest) in all of West Africa and you sit there telling me Ondo is more populous than Anambra.""'

MY REPLY,  And you think only Onitsha as big market in Nigeria,  You most be dreaming,  satellite picture do not show onitsha as big as you people claim,  And market does not make a place big,  PICTURES DO NOT LIE,   So you think 1 market is what make a place big,  how old are you, ??

On Akure have you ever been to Akure,  I would assume you have never been to Akure that why you made statement like this,  Akure is a capital of Ondo state,  so that is even enough reason why it is nearly 3 times big than onitsha, 

From satellite picture, Onitsha is only a linear settlement,  that why you assume it is big, 
DO you know what a linear settlement is if you do not know,  it is houses built alone a long road,  In geography we also have what is called cluster settlement,   Because Onitsha is close to the Niger bridge people build houses along the road leading into Igbo land and from satellite picture, you can see that is what happen,  so when travelling through onitsha you would naturally assume that it is big place,   IT IS MORE OF A MIRAGE.
Please a study on what we call LINEAR SETTLEMENT.   Akure is a cluster settlement, 

Donzman YOU SAID""If Ondo or Ogun is really more populated than all the Eastern states, why then do you explain the number of luxurious buses going from Lagos down to Onitsha or Enugu. You should visit your nearest motorpark in Mile2 or Yaba, check out the number of buses looking to go down to Anambra and compare with those looking to go to Ondo. """

MY REPLY:  I would assume 250 luxurious travel to the east per day, from lagos,    if they carry 60 people that give 60 X 250 =15000,  this is the maximun it can be,  and 250 buses do travel each day,  it is only during peak period,    Ondo state is what we call a travelling path and not a destination,  the east is a destination,  you have no data,  to judge,  what we have is clear satellite picture, 

and most of this people going to the east do go to the east at least twice a week,  so it is the same group of people travelling from lagos to the east,  they buy and sell,
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by nigeriaone: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2006
Izu1 said" I have travelled almost all the villages in Anambra state, brodas there is no way Ogun and Ondo even put together can be more populated than anambra u guys should travel and see for yourself. "

MY REPLY: But SATELLITE PICTURE can't not find this big towns you claim,  I understand,  that this is passionate for you,  since you want to be proud of where you come from,  I understand your pain and the need for you to MANIPULATE INFORMATION so that your state can get more allocation from GOVT,  but census is more than getting allocation,  AND PICTURE DO NOT LIE,   The biggest cities is Anambra state is Onitsha, and even satellite picture shows is it about the same size as place like ore in ondo state,  while Akure and Ondo are far larger than Onitsha, 

HERE IS MY QUESTION TO YOU,  what would NASA or google or russian space agency gain  by deleting satellite of Igbo states,  or of kastina, jigawa, kebbi , bauchi , sokoto and other which the fraud 1991 census claim where so so populate but thanks to TECHNOLOGY AND SATELLITE PICTURE ,  we all now know that IBB 1991 census was a mere lie,

Izu1 said" I have traveled to ondo state and I tell u my brothers that apart from Akure and Ore we do not have any town that is as big as any of the towns mentioned above.""

MY REPLY: Then you have not travel to ondo state,  ore come 6 or 7  in size in ondo state,  After ondo, okitipupa, Ikare akoko, owo, Akure etc CHECK SATELLITE PICTURE,

Izu1 said"Checking properly you will find out that 30% of the people leaving in the Ondo and Ogun state's are Igbos."

MY REPLY:  THis is a joke O,  IT is not 30% igbo but 100% IGbo,  You must be joking,
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by nigeriaone: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2006
Pain said" If The Men Are More Than The Women. Then I Wonder Why Prayer For Life Partners Top The Lists Of Prayer Requests In Nigeria.

Why Are There So Many Chronic Spinsters Around. Imean Its Not Fair What U Guys Are Doing to Nijja Sistas.

Please Lets Do Them A Favor and Marry Them.

The've Overstayed Their Welcomes In Momma's House. "

MY REPLY would you marry a man with no job, dey no get job that why,
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2006
@Nigeriaone

MY REPLY, And you think only Onitsha as big market in Nigeria, You most be dreaming, satellite picture do not show onitsha as big as you people claim, And market does not make a place big, PICTURES DO NOT LIE, So you think 1 market is what make a place big, how old are you, ??

On Akure have you ever been to Akure, I would assume you have never been to Akure that why you made statement like this, Akure is a capital of Ondo state, so that is even enough reason why it is nearly 3 times big than onitsha,

Akure being capital means nothing. Awka is the capital of Anambra and it isn't anywhere close to as populous as Onitsha. Have you ever heard of "Onitsha Main Market"?. . . It is the biggest market in all of W. Africa, it is the people who trade there that make it big, not ghosts.

DO you know what a linear settlement is if you do not know, it is houses built alone a long road, In geography we also have what is called cluster settlement, Because Onitsha is close to the Niger bridge people build houses along the road leading into Igbo land and from satellite picture, you can see that is what happen, so when travelling through onitsha you would naturally assume that it is big place, IT IS MORE OF A MIRAGE.
Please a study on what we call LINEAR SETTLEMENT. Akure is a cluster settlement,

Again visit Onitsha and see things for yourself. There is no space for anything, the field in front of my house when I was a kid where we used to play soccer, it has been covered by 6 houses.

Ondo state is what we call a travelling path and not a destination, the east is a destination, you have no data, to judge, what we have is clear satellite picture,

Is it not right to assume that destinations are more populous and active than paths? grin. . . Again, you don't know much about other parts of Nigeria. Go and see for yourself.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by toshmann(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2006
edygirl:

Women has never been more than female in Nigeria so I believe the result was true.
grin grin grin grin

eddy nwa nma!!!!!!! what are you trying to say?

@all,
they did not count me in the census o angry . does nigeria know the number of naijans outside the country? we reach 2000 for cardiff o .
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Mariory(m): 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2006
Donzman:

@Nigeriaone

Akure being capital means nothing. Awka is the capital of Anambra and it isn't anywhere close to as populous as Onitsha. Have you ever heard of "Onitsha Main Market"?. . . It is the biggest market in all of W. Africa, it is the people who trade there that make it big, not ghosts.

I have no idea which is bigger but, any number of people from any location can trade at the market. It doesn't mean that all people who trade there live there.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2006
Mariory:

I have no idea which is bigger but, any number of people from any location can trade at the market. It doesn't mean that all people who trade there live there.

Most people who trade there do live there. Have you ever been to Onitsha?. . .You need to go there to see for yourself. The number of luxurious buses that run from Lagos-Onitsha on a daily basis alone will able to convince any doubting Thomas.
Re: Census Results Out - More Males Than Females by edygirl(f): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2006
Toshman, how far. It's been a long time.
Don't worry you were also being counted. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Harrases Northerners - Video / Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi / Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.