Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates (47965 Views)

Diamond Bank Is Recruiting For Graduate Trainees 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by alee001: 2:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
TGM2015:

My advice is for you to recover that email, most time recruiters don't have such time in cases like this where there are a lot of easy substitute available. To be candid, applicants or job seekers should have a primary email with a constant/same password for all online applications such that if forgotten application success mail you are sure of the email you use and accurately guess the password. You can only hope that guy give attention to or read your mail, you can also try calling the UBN dash board (012716800) to get across to the recruitment team and if the operator insisted who you want to speak with tell him/her Mr. Falase or better option go to the head office at 13th floor to speak with them.

@All
Congratulations to those who said that they have received success mail, unfortunately, you can don't make an edited screenshot or paste a copy of it here. For those that have gotten regret mail, better job for you in nearest future but you need to reflect on the whole process to check on spot where you need to improve in order to increase your chances for better career in future opportunities.

As at now, I cannot confirm the validity of success and regret mails but very sure that the claims are true. For those that are yet to receive any mail it's a 50/50 things, from experience recruitment teams have always been having an issue of planning to get maybe 70 new entries and at the end having around 55 being recruited as there are many drops out from medical to training schools. So I am of the opinion that those that are yet to receive any mail are possibly successful but can't be selected due to the limited number of budgeted intakes.

Generally, there are plans for two batches of 35-40 ETs per batch though there might be consideration for third batch only if there is critical condition for it. The training school should possibly start next month by my calculations of things on ground. I will try to get a more concrete information by next weekend. Thank you.

Good lucks to you all.

Thanks so much for your detailed feedback
Pls I would lyk to know the causes DAT could result in successful applicants been dropped either at medicals stage or training school stage.
Thank you in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by Tolakay: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
TGM2015:

My advice is for you to recover that email, most time recruiters don't have such time in cases like this where there are a lot of easy substitute available. To be candid, applicants or job seekers should have a primary email with a constant/same password for all online applications such that if forgotten application success mail you are sure of the email you use and accurately guess the password. You can only hope that guy give attention to or read your mail, you can also try calling the UBN dash board (012716800) to get across to the recruitment team and if the operator insisted who you want to speak with tell him/her Mr. Falase or better option go to the head office at 13th floor to speak with them.

@All
Congratulations to those who said that they have received success mail, unfortunately, you can don't make an edited screenshot or paste a copy of it here. For those that have gotten regret mail, better job for you in nearest future but you need to reflect on the whole process to check on spot where you need to improve in order to increase your chances for better career in future opportunities.

As at now, I cannot confirm the validity of success and regret mails but very sure that the claims are true. For those that are yet to receive any mail it's a 50/50 things, from experience recruitment teams have always been having an issue of planning to get maybe 70 new entries and at the end having around 55 being recruited as there are many drops out from medical to training schools. So I am of the opinion that those that are yet to receive any mail are possibly successful but can't be selected due to the limited number of budgeted intakes.

Generally, there are plans for two batches of 35-40 ETs per batch though there might be consideration for third batch only if there is critical condition for it. The training school should possibly start next month by my calculations of things on ground. I will try to get a more concrete information by next weekend. Thank you.

Good lucks to you all.
Boss, please do you have information as regards experienced hire recruitment
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by TGM2015: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
Tolakay:
Boss, please do you have information as regards experienced hire recruitment

I have little information about that, but generally the bank has few outsourcing companies for experienced hire but most recruitment has been through direct employment most especially Operations and retail departments. For retail departments, the bank is strategically upgrading their support (outsourced) staff to take up available few vacancies. For opportunities in operations (Head branch/teller operations) I am with high feelings that there will be high number of recruitment for these positions this year base on available statistics... one needs to qualify by (on-the-job) years of experience, must still be in employment of reputable bank, etc. For other specialized functions, I think those are base on recommendations from outsourcing companies or unit/departments heads.
Please note that all categories of recruitments are subject to interviews and are MOSTLY based on merit and interview panel recommendations.

The best advice is to send one CV during openings period of one desired position as it give you opportunity to develop your CV to adequately capture the current needs for the position and prepared adequately for interview when invited. This is much better than sending a general CV and having no basic (specific) information on the need for job openings when you are invited. You need to build relationships with bank staff in your area of interest in order to know when opening are on or apply directly by sending your CV and wait patiently till you are call for interviews. There are a lot of cases like that though not that regular.

Hope this helps, man knows man trend is somehow fading due to experience of the recruitment team, so one should not rely solely on this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by Tolakay: 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
TGM2015:

I have little information about that, but generally the bank has few outsourcing companies for experienced hire but most recruitment has been through direct employment most especially Operations and retail departments. For retail departments, the bank is strategically upgrading their support (outsourced) staff to take up available few vacancies. For opportunities in operations (Head branch/teller operations) I am with high feelings that there will be high number of recruitment for these positions this year base on available statistics... one needs to qualify by (on-the-job) years of experience, must still be in employment of reputable bank, etc. For other specialized functions, I think those are base on recommendations from outsourcing companies or unit/departments heads.
Please note that all categories of recruitments are subject to interviews and are MOSTLY based on merit and interview panel recommendations.

The best advice is to send one CV during openings period of one desired position as it give you opportunity to develop your CV to adequately capture the current needs for the position and prepared adequately for interview when invited. This is much better than sending a general CV and having no basic (specific) information on the need for job openings when you are invited. You need to build relationships with bank staff in your area of interest in order to know when opening are on or apply directly by sending your CV and wait patiently till you are call for interviews. There are a lot of cases like that though not that regular.

Hope this helps, man knows man trend is somehow fading due to experience of the recruitment team, so one should not rely solely on this.
Thanks boss. I was actually called weeks after submitting my cv around August to confirm my willingness to relocate to another state and was told I will get invite soon. Since then, haven't heard from them.

I sent you pm.. kindly reply
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by TGM2015: 7:45am On Jan 09, 2017
Tolakay:
Thanks boss. I was actually called weeks after submitting my cv around August to confirm my willingness to relocate to another state and was told I will get invite soon. Since then, haven't heard from them.

I sent you pm.. kindly reply
I am sorry, the last time I try accessing the mail, I have issues recovering it as I can't remember some details used in opening it. I opened it unprepared and was lazy enough not to write down or keep to mind my registration details then.
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by Tolakay: 7:58am On Jan 09, 2017
TGM2015:

I am sorry, the last time I try accessing the mail, I have issues recovering it as I can't remember some details used in opening it. I opened it unprepared and was lazy enough not to write down or keep to mind my registration details then.
k boss. kindly assist with ur functional mail add or ur digit
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by TGM2015: 8:10am On Jan 09, 2017
Tolakay:
k boss. kindly assist with ur functional mail add or ur digit
Check your mail box.
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by lapazi(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
alee001:

Pls I would lyk to know the causes DAT could result in successful applicants been dropped either at medicals stage or training school stage.
@TGM2015 please do reply this mention if u can thanks!

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by TGM2015: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
alee001:

Medical: I can only suggest from the purpose of doing it. The report is always strictly confidential. The purpose is to determine if you can fit into the nature of the job, sitting for longer time, level of your stress accommodation, eye strain tolerance, etc. Some medical history will also be considered. Hence the check for eye, chest x-rays, urine, blood related test. Generally if you are fit you are fit.

Training school: misbehavior (none I that I knew has ever been dropped from TS because of this, is like many of them always behave themselves, some drop for new offer or Master admission, while other on aggregated score, one person is a victim of this in the last batch, she (if I'm correct) scores less than 70% or is it 60%, I can't remember but the standard aggregated pass mark is 70%.

Above all, though you can complete your documentations while in training school, this is also another reason why a trained candidate may not be deployed. Hence, it better you conclude the documentation before starting the TS, sometimes it is very difficult to get it done while in TS and also the distraction it will caused which may later affect one overall performances.

@lazapi, hope I have done justice to your request. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by Bcole: 4:06am On Jan 10, 2017
TGM2015, please is there a way you could assist me submit my CV for your experience roles am currently under employment with a reputable bank In operations with 3years experience...i be glad if you can assist...

Many thanks

TGM2015:

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by djcrooky(m): 9:51am On Jan 14, 2017
All your feedbacks have been very detailed helpful and appreciated but i have the age long question,

What is the pay lik
I did my ac on the 1st dec in Lagos

TGM2015:

Medical: I can only suggest from the purpose of doing it. The report is always strictly confidential. The purpose is to determine if you can fit into the nature of the job, sitting for longer time, level of your stress accommodation, eye strain tolerance, etc. Some medical history will also be considered. Hence the check for eye, chest x-rays, urine, blood related test. Generally if you are fit you are fit.

Training school: misbehavior (none I that I knew has ever been dropped from TS because of this, is like many of them always behave themselves, some drop for new offer or Master admission, while other on aggregated score, one person is a victim of this in the last batch, she (if I'm correct) scores less than 70% or is it 60%, I can't remember but the standard aggregated pass mark is 70%.

Above all, though you can complete your documentations while in training school, this is also another reason why a trained candidate may not be deployed. Hence, it better you conclude the documentation before starting the TS, sometimes it is very difficult to get it done while in TS and also the distraction it will caused which may later affect one overall performances.

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 14, 2017
Good day TGM2015, is there a way i can get in touch with u?, i sent u a pm, kindly reply
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by PurpleViola: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
TGM2015:

Hi TGM2015, please what departments are graduate trainees recruited for and what's the requirements for each department? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by TGM2015: 4:42am On Jan 15, 2017
Bcole:
TGM2015, please is there a way you could assist me submit my CV for your experience roles am currently under employment with a reputable bank In operations with 3years experience...i be glad if you can assist...

Many thanks

UBN only accept softcopy of CV, as explained earlier, it is better for you to wait for when till when there are vacancies before applying, mostly for operations openings.

djcrooky:
All your feedbacks have been very detailed helpful and appreciated but i have the age long question,

What is the pay lik
I did my ac on the 1st dec in Lagos
The pay? Hmmmmm, though I can't detect the real reason/motive behind this your question but I generally believed that the information is not necessary. Although some required the information to benchmark against current/pending alternatives opened for them but many seek this information to calculate their potential value, which most times adds to their frustrations if eventually they missed the opportunity.
To your questions, as of today, ET are paid monthly take home pay of a little above 198k before confirmation.
Gunbiz:
Good day TGM2015, is there a way i can get in touch with u?, i sent u a pm, kindly reply
Sorry for not replying your PM including others who have sent me one. I have difficulties accessing it the last time I try accessing it, mid 2015.
PurpleViola:

Hi TGM2015, please what departments are graduate trainees recruited for and what's the requirements for each department? Thank you.
Graduate Trainees now Executive Trainees are recruited to various functions depending on assessed skills noted during the AC, Training School performances, most especially some special courses and qualifications for such functions as IT. Also, recommendations on your personality test are used, I doubt if this will be used.
Please note that having highest score in marketing related training /course do not translate to be posted to marketing departments, there are many who scored 100% in selling skills working in department other than marketing.
Try your best in all subjects to boost your overall performance score, my advice. What would be will be.

Thank you all

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2017
TGM2015:

UBN only accept softcopy of CV, as explained earlier, it is better for you to wait for when till when there are vacancies before applying, mostly for operations openings.

The pay? Hmmmmm, though I can't detect the real reason/motive behind this your question but I generally believed that the information is not necessary. Although some required the information to benchmark against current/pending alternatives opened for them but many seek this information to calculate their potential value, which most times adds to their frustrations if eventually they missed the opportunity.
To your questions, as of today, ET are paid monthly take home pay of a little above 198k before confirmation.

Sorry for not replying your PM including others who have sent me one. I have difficulties accessing it the last time I try accessing it, mid 2015.

Graduate Trainees now Executive Trainees are recruited to various functions depending on assessed skills noted during the AC, Training School performances, most especially some special courses and qualifications for such functions as IT. Also, recommendations on your personality test are used, I doubt if this will be used.
Please note that having highest score in marketing related training /course do not translate to be posted to marketing departments, there are many who scored 100% in selling skills working in department other than marketing.
Try your best in all subjects to boost your overall performance score, my advice. What would be will be.

Thank you all

can I get in touch with you? O8O96476146
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by PurpleViola: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2017
TGM2015:

Thank you all

Thank you for the response.
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by djcrooky(m): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the response!!!

TGM2015:

Thank you all
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by samadet(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
TGM2015:

@TGM2015

Thanks so much for your time and informative response,

Hv been following all your post, it's so cool,correct and precise,

Pls i will inbox you so information,question/ details, kindly revert.

Thank you so much once again, I bliv we hv all gotten d basic info we require.
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by lapazi(m): 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
samadet:

@TGM2015

Thanks so much for your time and informative response,

Hv been following all your post, it's so cool,correct and precise,

Pls i will inbox you so information,question/ details, kindly revert.

Thank you so much once again, I bliv we hv all gotten d basic info we require.

c'mon guys, he has really tried on this thread, i think all questions should be dropped here on the thread instead of hundreds of us all trying to reach him personally, as he has mentioned before- he doesnt have access to PMs, so lets all ask the relevant questions here so others too can benefit!

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by osayande1(m): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
Just got a mail inviting me for Pre employment medical

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by lapazi(m): 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
osayande1:
Just got a mail inviting me for Pre employment medical

what location and which of the ACs did you attend?

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by osayande1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
Lagos
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by djcrooky(m): 8:17am On Jan 22, 2017
Has anyone from Ac Dec 1st lagos gotten success mail?
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by Kamald(m): 6:07am On Jan 23, 2017
djcrooky:
Has anyone from Ac Dec 1st lagos gotten success mail?
Guys everyone that has gotten a success mail will eventually b called up for medicals seems they kick started with those residing in Lagos.
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by djcrooky(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
That's not what i asked.

I haven't gotten sucess mail yet, i did my assessment in Lagos on the 1st of December, i an trying to find out if anyone that did assessment with me has gotten any mail

Kamald:

Guys everyone that has gotten a success mail will eventually b called up for medicals seems they kick started with those residing in Lagos.
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by captain1990(f): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
[quote author=TGM2015 post=52816385]

Good day Sir,please I would love to verify the phrase "before confirmation " ,does it mean the monthly pay increases or decreases after confirmation. Thanks in anticipation for your response
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by TGM2015: 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
@captain1990

The monthly take home will reduce to about N150k, the difference will be paid upfront in 1st week of January and August every year.

Congratulations to those that have been selected for the 9-week Training School starting in next two weeks, as earlier note there will be two batches of average 35 candidates, which are the planned numbers, except for any contingencies or early dropout/not turning up of some candidates, those that are yet to be called have slim chances of being call.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by captain1990(f): 10:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
TGM2015:
@captain1990

The monthly take home will reduce to about N150k, the difference will be paid upfront in 1st week of January and August every year.

Congratulations to those that have been selected for the 9-week Training School starting in next two weeks, as earlier note there will be two batches of average 35 candidates, which are the planned numbers, except for any contingencies or early dropout/not turning up of some candidates, those that are yet to be called have slim chances of being call.
Thank you very much Sir, it's a beautiful one from Union bank
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by mider: 1:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
Hi All,

Has anyone gotten a formal invite for the training school?
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by lapazi(m): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
captain1990:

Thank you very much Sir, it's a beautiful one from Union bank

where did u have ur AC ma'am?
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by captain1990(f): 6:42am On Feb 01, 2017
lapazi:

where did u have ur AC ma'am?
Abuja
Re: Union Bank Is Recruiting 2:1 Graduates by martobi: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / Seven-up Bottling Company Job Recruitment / Fortune Careers Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.