Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Cucumber Trial In Uyo. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Trial In Uyo. (3329 Views)

#500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. / My Cucumber Trial / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Cucumber Trial In Uyo. by lizdammy: 8:14am On Jun 25, 2021
nexman:
On Day 14, I applied organic pesticide using Neem oil (oil extracted from the seed of Neem tree locally known as Dogonyaro. Using a ratio of 4 table spoons of Neem oil to 1table soon of local/black soap to 1 liters of water. The black soap acts as an emulsifier else it wouldn't mix with water. I drenched the plants using a knapsack sprayer. You may ask why!
... I had noticed that something was chewing up the tender leaves of the cukes. I strongly suspect snails, catapillar or beetle/bug. I will spray repeatedly every 5 to 7 days.

I have also commenced trellising, though this may be considered quite early but all the same, it has to be done. Better now than later.
Great

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Wasting Money On Adulterated Broiler Feed / Plants That Are Good For Planting In Swamps / I Need Farmland For Lease In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.