Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" (14931 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Bribe Justice Ademola With N500k Over Certificate Saga– Presidency / Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by DonCortino: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
Charly68:
Don't mind the judge,he didn't talk since then,now that APC Govt is after him,he is weeping up sentiment. But it is disastrous for the judiciary to land in this such of public opprobrium because of some black sheep in the family

What do u zombies even want??

They judges arrest judges, u rejoice
The judges starts confessing u rejoice
The judge mention the name of bribers. U rejoice
U find out he named two of ur party men, he is now weeping up sentiments. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by RZArecta(m): 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Once in APC, ye are sanctified as saints. Imagine if it was Fayose that was accused. Zombies would have had high blood pressure by now with excitement grin

1 Like

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Akemmi(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
“If we assume, without conceding, that such a meeting took place, for a man of Justice Okoro’s standing and knowledge of the law, he ought to have known the legal implications of such a visit, and should have reported it to appropriate authorities immediately. He did not do that, but he is only reacting after the authorities have established a case against him.

The above quoted statement points to the fact that Obong Umana Umana is trying to build on the defects and weakness of the accused Judge. I'll only take them serious when the Chief Judge of the Federation debunks that such informal reports where not made to him on the 1st of Feb...has alleged by Justice Inyang Okoro in his letter.
However, if I am to take sides, I will believe the Honourable Justice because of the weighty facts that he has alleged.
Finally, when is Amaechi, Umana, and Pastor Ebebe suing for defamation/libel?
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Charly68: 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=DonCortino post=50332073]

What do u zombies even want??

They judges arrest judges, u rejoice
The judges starts confessing u rejoice
The judge mention the name of bribers. U rejoice
U find out he named two of ur party men, he is now weeping up sentiments. undecided[ what ! Calling somebody Zomby on this page because I express my mind I think is very unfair. Where is your .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by ahaika23: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Umana, bribe and denial be like

1 Like

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Daplux4: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
we all know how desperate buhari and APC worked so hard to take over Akwa-ibom, Rivers and Abia states even bayelsa
umana u are a disgrace to south east and South south a day of reckoning is coming for sellouts like u
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by czaratwork: 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
umana if you are innocent then sue for defamation. it is not for you to say "leave umana alone".
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by ofuonyebi: 1:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
One issue is clear here..so, the Buhari fight against corrupt judges had been proved right...Justice Okoro had confessed that money

was brought to bribe him by Amechi & Umana..but he no collect the.. kudi...ego.. owo..yet him account is full of millions of dollar and

nairas how much be him sally for a month...year?...judge Okoro fumbled...as he think say the whole 9ja...mekunnus na mumu...why he

no shout ole!..ole!...alakoba... against umana and Amechi when dey brought the "Ghana-must-go" long time in 2015...only to wait until arrest..

Abeg go answer the EFCC and lets see what happens...na so Fayose your broda tell Nigerians say na lie EFCC dey talk...but now when dem put

'Koro" for cell..yawa don penme ..say nobi lie...koro don confess...too much jibiti and excuses for cover up..9ja don pass dat level..jooo

1 Like

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by sapientia(m): 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
From day 1... i have decided not to believe both the judge or uwana till the pastor talks
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Daplux4: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
we all know how desperate buhari and APC worked so hard to take over Akwa-ibom Rivers and Abia states
umana u are a disgrace to south east and south a day of reckoning are coming for sellout like u
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
kahal29:
Inyang Okoro is liar he even alleged in the said letter that Amaechi asked him to swing judgment in favour of the APC candidate in Abia state, Dr Anyim Nyerere while infact Abia State had no APC case at the supreme court.

https://www.nairaland.com/3416640/justice-inyang-okoro-lied-reference

Frightening that a crook and liar sits as a Judge in Nigeria. Guess this is the kind Chimamanda Adichie supports.

1 Like

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by edupedia: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
FagsamPHP:
Why not sue him to court if you're sure he's lying? A whole Judge can't/wont come out with that kind of statement if you didn't tried to bribe him.... The judge might have truly collected a bribe tho, from the highest bidder... but saying you did'nt is rubbish.
...sue him to which court?...your court of angels?...Ipob rubbish and nonsense...
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Daplux4: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
ofuonyebi:
One issue is clear here..so, the Buhari fight against corrupt judges had been proved right...Justice Okoro had confessed that money

was brought to bribe him by Amechi & Umana..but he no collect the.. kudi...ego.. owo..yet him account is full of millions of dollar and

nairas how much be him sally for a month...year?...judge Okoro fumbled...as he think say the whole 9ja...mekunnus na mumu...why he

no shout ole!..ole!...alakoba... against umana and Amechi when dey brought the "Ghana-must-go" long time in 2015...only to wait until arrest..

Abeg go answer the EFCC and lets see what happens...na so Fayose your broda tell Nigerians say na lie EFCC dey talk...but now when dem put

'Koro" for cell..yawa don penme ..say nobi lie...koro don confess...too much jibiti and excuses for cover up..9ja don pass dat level..jooo

ur comments is full of sentiments because even a dumb heard all the pressure from APC
buhari and his cohorts thinks we are all fools
all his actions since he takes over power is unconstitutional and he don't care about it
what a disgrace to a country of more than 30million graduates

1 Like

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by july66: 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
DONSMITH123:
The 2015 All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom State, Umana Okon Umana, on Wednesday dismissed claim by one of the arrested judges, Justice John Okoro, saying he and the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi attempted to bribe him.

Justice Okoro, one of the judges arrested by the Department of State Services, DSS, recently, had alleged that he was being victimized over his refusal to do the bidding of the APC in the election appeal cases as it concerned Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Abia States

Reacting to Justice Okoro’s claim, Umana in a statement by his Media Adviser, Mr. Iboro Otongaran said the judge concocted the lies to save himself the embarrassment of been arrested with inexplicable huge cash in local and foreign currencies.

Umana, now the Managing Director of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas Free Zone Authority, insisted that he has never held any meeting with Justice Okoro, a judge of the Supreme Court for the purpose of compromising him to.

The full statement reads below:

“The attention of Mr Umana Okon Umana, Akwa Ibom APC governorship candidate in the 2015 election has been drawn to a letter purportedly written by Justice Inyang Okoro and addressed to the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria.

“In the said letter, Justice Okoro alleged without evidence that Umana visited his residence (Justice Okoro’s) and made a “request to help him win his appeal before the Supreme Court.”

“We would like to respond to Justice Okoro’s baseless allegation as follows:

“The meeting Justice Okoro is reporting is fiction. No such meeting to discuss how to bribe judges took place between him, Mr Umana Okon Umana and Dr (Pastor) Ebebe Ukpong as alleged.

“If we assume, without conceding, that such a meeting took place, for a man of Justice Okoro’s standing and knowledge of the law, he ought to have known the legal implications of such a visit, and should have reported it to appropriate authorities immediately. He did not do that, but he is only reacting after the authorities have established a case against him.

“Justice Okoro’s claim in his purported letter to the Hon. Chief Justice of Nigeria is therefore not only false, it is diversionary and an afterthought.

“Justice Okoro should address himself to the facts of the case, which is between him and the State, and leave Umana out of it.

“Contrary to Justice Okoro’s claim, Umana had no appeal before the Supreme Court arising from any court judgment on the 2015 governorship election in Akwa Ibom State. Umana had won at the Court of Appeal and therefore was not and couldn’t have been an appellant at the Supreme Court. Umana had won both at the tribunal and at the Court of Appeal. He was therefore confident of victory at the Supreme Court because of the concurrent judgments of the lower courts.

“It would be recalled that after the Supreme Court judgment, which ignored the concurrent judgments of both the tribunal and the Court of Appeal, and also totally disregarded the reports of the international observers, including those of the United States Government and the European Union which stated that the elections in Akwa Ibom and Rivers states were marred by widespread violence and irregularities, Umana had issued a statement expressing disappointment at the verdict and said he had moved on and left everything in the hands of God. Umana should therefore be left alone.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/19/arrest-judges-didnt-try-bribe-justice-okoro-lied-apc-guber-candidate-umana/
All these bribery allegations show the desperation of Nigerian politicians to secure power by all means & at the end they pretend to be saints. I pity all those who come to this forum to speak for or defend politicians. If you know the workings of goverment in Nigeria I am sure you all take it easy especially those who come to rain insults here.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
nicerichard05:
If he lied then sue him to court for defamation of character. mtchewwwwwww mumu man

The other room jail is where you belong

FTC grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sometimes you need to use your brain, Someone who won both at the tribunal and court of Appeal don't need to bribe at the supreme court.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Compliant(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
dancewith:
This is a pathetic defense. So a Supreme court Judge would single you and Amaechi out of over 170m Nigerians. You can lie all you want, afterall we as human, have no way of knowing if you lied or not. However you cannot lie to your conscience. But don't expect us to be ignorant of the fact that the Judge's raids and Arrests is not politically motivated

Enough already

ALWAYS USE YOUR BRAIN AND NOT YOUR ANUS BRO

A WHOLE SUPREME COURT JUDGE , PEOPLE CAME TO YOUR HOUSE TO BRIBE YOU YET YOU CANT PROVIDE VIDEO OR EVEN VOICE RECORDING AS EVIDENCE IN THIS 21ST CENTURY?

FUNNY SET OF CLOWN

1 Like

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by kahal29: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Who are these men?

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
veekid:
Umana is a bahd liar compare to OKORO the Badoo while amaechi is the baddest tongue
I guess you don't bother to read to the end, Umana won at the Tribunal and Appeal court, So tell why will he need to bribe the Supreme court again?
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by ZUBY77(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
kahal29:
Inyang Okoro is liar he even alleged in the said letter that Amaechi asked him to swing judgment in favour of the APC candidate in Abia state, Dr Anyim Nyerere while infact Abia State had no APC case at the supreme court.

Who would blame a blockhead.

1 Like

Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by hopilo: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
it is so dishearthening to see Nigerians debate base on who the support or like and not on fact and principle. Both camps have been accused of corruption here and both should head to court. The hieght of self decit is when your President, governors and other elected officials spend billions in Election primaries, campaigns and court cases to get into an elected offices with a four years renumeration that is not upto 30% of their elections funds and we decieve ourself here that they will not steal public funds to make up the 70% and above? Show me a Nigerian leader past and current that their election expenditure is less than the total 4 years renumeration and I will show you a leader that is not corrupt.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by hopilo: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
vedaxcool:

Okoros lies only makes sense to him, Umana tried to pervert the course of justice and okoro only response was a verbal report to the cjn... this sort of lies shows politicians have invaded the judiciary

He did, read his version.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by seniorkachion(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
Crafty denial . He we are all mugu. Rather than assert he never met the jurist at all. He implicitly admits to meeting him thereby vindicating the justice. But he now attempts to play a fast one on our intelligence by claiming he never met the justice for the purpose of influencing the case before the court. Then, what was the meeting for ? We await the pastor 's report of the meeting.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by seniorkachion(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
Crafty denial . He Thinks we are all mugu. Rather than assert he never met the jurist at all. He implicitly admits to meeting him thereby vindicating the justice. But he now attempts to play a fast one on our intelligence by claiming he never met the justice for the purpose of influencing the case before the court. Then, what was the meeting for ? We await the pastor 's report of the meeting.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by vedaxcool(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
hopilo:

He did, read his version.

Authorities charged with prosecuting crimes not his phantom verbal reporting.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by seniorkachion(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:
I guess you don't bother to read to the end, Umana won at the Tribunal and Appeal court, So tell why will he need to bribe the Supreme court again?
He must have bribed his way through the lower courts. He wanted to seal all exits that could deny him victory by completing his bribery trinity.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Chaleeee: 5:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
kahal29:

They didn't take it to the supreme court because Olodo declined them
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by justmenoni: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
ask Lala, umana or the Judge

psucc:
Justice Okoro said Umana came to his house in company of Pastor Dr Ebebe Ukpong. If he lies, the pastor will tell the truth.

Abeg who get his phone number?
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by Max24: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
This country is finished. So this Umana and Ameachi successfully compromised the judges at the tribunal and the Court of Appeal. They would have succeeded if not for the Supreme Court. Only the Supreme Court Justices refused to compromise. These APC people are indeed wolves in sheep's clothing. Waiting for the DSS to search the homes of the judges that gave Umana victory at the tribunal and court of Appeal and list their assets or else they are simply one sided.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by menxer: 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
OK, accepted they "tried" to bribe him, who are those that actually bribed him?

As a judge he knows the law; and it's a known fact that Senator Akpabio as Governor influenced his (Okoro's) rise to the Supreme Court, if Umanah had "tried" to bribe him wouldn't it had made front pages and be used to rubbish him (Umanah) when the case was on?

Why are we feigning ignorant amnesia?
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by CioAngels(f): 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
Umana, governors and governors to be are great liars, umana must have been shocked stiffed for judge okoro to refuse to play the bribery game. Pastor, this is acid test for you, so lets see if you can afford to dent your image, thats if you have intergrity as a pastor. Please don't cover umana and destroy the respect you worked hard to earn over the years.
Re: Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" by menxer: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
CioAngels:
Umana, governors and governors to be are great liars, umana must have been shocked stiffed for judge okoro to refuse to play the bribery game. Pastor, this is acid test for you, so lets see if you can afford to dent your image, thats if you have intergrity as a pastor. Please don't cover umana and destroy the respect you worked hard to earn over the years.

Hahahahaha

Let's prepare our minds for the shocker the Pastor will deliver.

Is it a surprise Nwoko, the attorney general of Akwa ibom state, was sacked by PDP controlled state government barely days after he castigated PMB over the arrest of the justices on live broadcast?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Wins Etche Constituency Election / Senate Confirms Yemi Cardoso As CBN Governor / Buhari: Boko Haram War, Anti Corruption War And The "Economic Crisis"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.