Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

How To Protect Your Land From Herdsmen - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Protect Your Land From Herdsmen (1354 Views)

Man Sees Herdsmen On His Farmland, Confronts Them Gently (Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Destroy Farms Worth Millions / 3 Ways You Can Secure Your Farm From Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Your Land From Herdsmen by Blue3k(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
We all heard about the Violet herdsmen clashes with farmers. Since the irresponsible government doesn't want to address issues. I came up with cheap easy solution for anyone.

Funny enough an former president obasanjo said it's not Buhari's responsiblity to call them to order. At the same time the same Buhari is working to institute national grazing reserves.

1.fence your property with barberd wire. This cheapest strategy that can be implemented. Then leave no trespassing signs. (Iliterate herdsmen herdsmen might not be able to read no matter)

2. It's with your right to buy a gun and protect property. There are forum post about getting you can check out. I recommend a mossberg 500 tactical with slug ammunition.

3. Make sure you want out for your neighborhs holdings.
If you see something call police and record if you own a smart phone. This is digital age after all.

4. Make sure you elected officials know your grievences send an email write a letter.

5. If the do manage to get past defences. Take them to court for damages. These guys may be cash poor but they have live stock. They can sell off to make you whole. If that not enough let them go to jail and serve as warning to others.

Recommended reading: https://www.nairaland.com/1185510/how-legally-buy-gun-nigeria

PS can some explain to me how these herdsmen are able to openly carry around guns.

Re: How To Protect Your Land From Herdsmen by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blue3k:
We all heard about the Violet herdsmen clashes with farmers. Since the irresponsible government doesn't want to address issues. I came up with cheap easy solution for anyone.

Funny enough an former president obasanjo said it's not Buhari's responsiblity to call them to order. At the same time the same Buhari is working to institute national grazing reserves.

1.fence your property with barberd wire. This cheapest strategy that can be implemented. Then leave no trespassing signs. (Iliterate herdsmen herdsmen might not be able to read no matter)

2. It's with your right to buy a gun and protect property. There are forum post about getting you can check out. I recommend a mossberg 500 tactical with slug ammunition.

If you see something call police and record if you own a smart phone. This is digital age after all.

4. Make sure you elected officials know your grievences send and email right a letter.

5. If the do manage to get past defences. Take them to court for damages. These guys may be cash poor but they have live stock. They can sell off to make you whole. If that not enough let them go to jail and serve as warning to others.

PS can some explain to me how these herdsmen are able to openly carry around guns.

Lol my dear anything is possible at ds point. Carrying guns around isnt a big deal to them. By the way happy birthday to you wullnp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Land From Herdsmen by Blue3k(m): 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
Irenenwaka:

Lol my dear anything is possible at ds point. Carrying guns around isnt a big deal to them. By the way happy birthday to you wullnp.

Thank you very much.
Re: How To Protect Your Land From Herdsmen by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Blue3k:

Thank you very much.

Your welcome...lol i envy your economical, financial and political concern you have for the country though. I hope this country gets better.
Re: How To Protect Your Land From Herdsmen by uvalued(m): 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Blue3k:

4. Make sure you elected officials know your grievences send and email right a letter.

Recommended reading: https://www.nairaland.com/1185510/how-legally-buy-gun-nigeria

1. is the best way to go...
2. de gun issue will you get licence from police

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cracked Palm Kernel Nuts / I'm An Agriculture Graduate, Please I Need A Job!! / Poultry And Other Farm Equipments For Sale At Animalia Farm Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.