Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission (10566 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails / North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Bigboss111(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2016
Good one by the Senate. But how much is 3% VAT? The victims need it. Kudos to Senator Kabiru Gaya for sponsoring the bill. Its impact is beyond measure indeed.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 8:43am On Oct 21, 2016
uzolexis:

I like your spirit and honestly I don't believe in the "one Nigeria" crap. Hopefully, someday we'll be able to make our voices heard.
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Osmondinho(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2016
EternalTruths:

Which one be IPAF again

What is the full meaning

indigenous people of Afonja

4 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by asha80(m): 9:16am On Oct 21, 2016
bayelsaowei:
what killed gej was that he believed in one nigeria at the expense of the south south..

One nigeria my freaking butt... cheesy

Who one nigeria help...

Focus on your region and move ahead..

I hope this commission would be funded with proceeds from agriculture in the north..
3% vat from Lagos is among the funds

5 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Okeikpu(m): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2016
Hopeless entity called a country sad
Where almost everything is upside down
Animal kingdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2016
at last the insurgency they allowed to fester is yielding fruits, there has always been a saying that even in war someone stands to benefit, and I guess this will be at the expense of the south, while they are busy fighting and bickering amongst themselves, the north are busy drawing the master plan of hostile take over, smh

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by glassjar1: 9:59am On Oct 21, 2016
I AM IPOB ,I AM NOT NIGERIAN .

WHEN I REMEMBER IT ,IT MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY .

I WILL KEEP ON FIGHTING FOR LIBERATION OF THE WHOLE SOUTH EAST/ SOUTH SOUTH.

KEEP NIGERIA TO YOUR SELF .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by mmsen: 10:07am On Oct 21, 2016
bayelsaowei:
Why can't the mumu house just push for true federalism/regionalism...

Is this country cursed

What's all this regional commissions whilst the real issue is thrown outside the window...

You can't push for common sense solutions whilst more than half the legislature hails from the North.

This latest measure is another example of the useless political class using tragedy to line their own pockets. Nevermind the fact that it is their own ineptitude (or connivance) that lead to said tragedy.

The money that was allocated for IDPs was stolen by the eternally useless Northern political class, likewise the food itself. What will happen to this money?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2016
nasvilla:
try to produce a well deserved president so that you can enjoy all the privileges, guy stop jealous for nothing northeast deserved rehabilitation.

What you literally mean is winner takes it all....no longer federal Republic

bathe way NE is self inflicted and shouldn't be a burden to other regions
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by isnovic(m): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2016
My people don't worry.
The next Southern president will continue the regions political naivety.

Until acted by external force, the laws of inertia holds true. Until a strong opposition to all these little Northern political scheming and political ground gaining in disguise of one Nigeria is put up by a united Southern front we will continue the loss politically.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by jelal007(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2016
An avenue to loot money....just like NDDC. I hope dis one works sha.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 21, 2016
saintdennis:

Your write up reeks of ignorance nd crass stupidity. Jeeez

If this is what u careful thought out to post then it's safe to say ur faculty is in a recession.

What do the SW have to fight for?

A SW devt agency? They already have a local initiative (odua investment company) which lagos also joined recently...that is sophistication not waiting for FG.

Lagos special status? No worry lagos will still. Survive and continue feeding nigeria like the ND & eventually lagos will be given special status...the first battle was last, that's all, you don't hear lagosians heating up the polity over it... maturity

The yorubas have NOTHING to fight for and i'm happy they're a peace loving tribe.

If tomorrow ipob /massob turns SE to wasteland like NE and thereafter get SEDC you will call that a victory? Bros u need anti-psychotic meds.

the BH are still going strong so what was the price of NEDC? Does it make any sense?

I bet you're not even living in the SE

It wasn't an easy search looking for something reasonable in your post to reply. I still dont get your stance on anything. All I gathered is that you dont agree with me. That's fine. I dont expect idiots to. You made zero sense in what you typed here

bros you have obsessive I-must-comment syndrome

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by VictorRomanov: 11:05am On Oct 21, 2016
bayelsaowei:

Which brother??... undecided

Which brother ends up parasitic and still wants love and help..

This so called brothers ensured bokoharam frustrated another brother out of sit all for their main stream brother to become president..and now they intend to use another so called brothers wealth for their own development whilst they bring nothing to the table..brother my ijaw yansh..

Is that the basis for ur anger? Our ijaw brother would left the seat one way or the other. He won't remain there permanently.

That said, elections have come and gone, our brothers in the south-south had their chance.

This is the chance for our brothers in the north. You and I can agree that the people in the NE have suffered alot and need the little assistance they can get from the south. What the south need to do is to plan on how to regain the seat if they sorely need it. No need looking at the past and not learning from it.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Poowood: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2016
From which zone will they raise fund for this commission...........from Biafra land

We watch and see
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Basic123: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:
I am also glad that this bill was passed. It is an eye opener to successive governments on how best to guarantee extra revenue to your region while sitting as president. Kudos to our abokii friends. They have demonstrated mastery of the Nigerian political landscape and I will gladly say, they are the jagabans of these era. For those self acclaimed jagabans who will be working their asses off to generate VAT and taxes for the northern development commission to share, your right title should be Afonja .

Considering that most of the VAT will be coming from Lagos based coys... I think it is right to say Lagos is a conquered territory, and has started paying tribute tax to their captors. Abokii wants a slice of the Lagos IGR to fund development up north.

If Lagos is not given the 1% they asked for, then please my NL e warriors from that region instead of focusing on IPOB and NDA issue, be useful to your generations and create threads on that. In fact, they should borrow a leaf from Mr. bourdillon, his media outlets have started their work...

The South south created militancy and have used it to get NDDC, amnesty and even presidency . The abokii have created boko haram and they are about to start enjoying the fruits of their labour. My SE people have started massob and ipob. One day, their turn will come. My people from SW, It is only you that waka come with no wahala to use make noise because me..I am not understanding . .

For those who supported the northern trojan horse called "APC" , while your region has not benefited from the APC LOOT, congrats, you typify the phrase "useful idiots" . Don't worry, you have a few ministers appointed to head numerous portfolios as your reward. Am sure those ministers wake up every morning with your progress in his mind

What is this one saying?
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Justiceleague1: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2016
More than 50% vat comes from lagos and other afonja brown roof states...so afonja basically have a new task feeding and changing the diapers of their beloved masters grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Justiceleague1: 11:15am On Oct 21, 2016
afonja basically have a new task feeding and changing the diapers of their beloved masters grin grin grin cheesy

Basic123:
What is this one saying?

he said the basic,bitter and painful truth,deal with it..

afonja basically have a new task feeding and changing the diapers of their beloved masters grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Justiceleague1: 11:21am On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:
Kudos to our abokii friends. They have demonstrated mastery of the Nigerian political landscape and I will gladly say, they are the jagabans of these era. For those self acclaimed jagabans who will be working their asses off to generate VAT and taxes for the northern development commission to share, you've earned the title Afonja .

Considering that most of the VAT will be coming from Lagos based coys... I think it is right to say Lagos is a conquered territory, and has started paying tribute tax to their captors. Abokii wants a slice of the Lagos IGR to fund development up north.

If Lagos is not given the 1% they asked for, then please my NL e warriors from that region instead of focusing on IPOB and NDA issue, be useful to your generations and create threads on that. In fact, they should borrow a leaf from Mr. bourdillon, his media outlets have started their work...

The South south created militancy and have used it to get NDDC, amnesty and even presidency . The abokii have created boko haram and they are about to start enjoying the fruits of their labour. My SE people have started massob and ipob. One day, their turn will come. My people from SW, It is only you that waka come with no wahala to use make noise because me..I am not understanding . .

For those who supported the northern trojan horse called "APC" , while your region has not benefited from the APC LOOT, congrats, you typify the phrase "useful idiots" . Don't worry, you have a few ministers appointed to head numerous portfolios as your reward. Am sure those ministers wake up every morning with your progress in his mind

brilliant
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by saintdennis(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:

It wasn't an easy search looking for something reasonable in your post to reply. I still dont get your stance on anything. All I gathered is that you dont agree with me. That's fine. I dont expect idiots to. You made zero sense in what you typed here

bros you have obsessive I-must-comment syndrome

Here's the thing about dummies... they lack comprehension skills and put forward ignorant posts.

So if we are to use your ill-thought out mode of reply.

Then I guess u suffer from I-must-reply-mentions syndrome?

What further proof does anyone need to know your faculty has gone cuckoo? Smh
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by dEastActivist: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2016
glassjar1:
I AM IPOB ,I AM NOT NIGERIAN .

WHEN I REMEMBER IT ,IT MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY .

I WILL KEEP ON FIGHTING FOR LIBERATION OF THE WHOLE SOUTH EAST/ SOUTH SOUTH.

KEEP NIGERIA TO YOUR SELF .

Ijaws are useless to the development, hope you didn't include them as part of SS as they don't worth it a bit.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by attor: 11:51am On Oct 21, 2016
NDDC vs NEDC, what next for other zones? North central development commission loading. I weep for my North Central###
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by musa7m(m): 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Why won't we leave? After the war was any effort put in place to make eastern Nigeria rise again? My guy if you are close to government please tell them to direct development there through favourable policies so that we can leave your areas alone. In you mind you think how Nigeria has treated easterners is fair? I blamed all southerners forming good boys/girls don't worry u all will pay through ur a$$ to baby feed northern Nigeria, who usually looks on us as infidels.
yam eater /flat head.....your name is 9japride...na you dey here shout biafria.....wait if. North is not develop....wait carry una come in the 1st place.....you know wetin dey kill una....your leaders.....
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by chriskosherbal(m): 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
musa7m:
yam eater /flat head.....your name is 9japride...na you dey here shout biafria.....wait if. North is not develop....wait carry una come in the 1st place.....you know wetin dey kill una....your leaders.....
[color=#006600][/color]

U talk as if it's not your brothers from the north that ate all the oyel mixed with yam from Niger deltans and revenue from other southern states that brought us to this level of underdevelopment in Nigeria. Though our leaders are still at fault for trusting u guys and not using the opportunity they had judiciously

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by UchaNwababa: 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
BossKratos:

Even though it is a good development..it would be fair that the following commissions are also approved to ensure fairness in the governments quest to develop or improve on the infrastructure of other regions in the country.

1: A niger delta clean up supervisory commission. Which would act as a buffer between the oil companies, the communities, the nddc and the executive etc. to ensure that the job gets done and swift penalties are meted out to defaulters.

2: An south eastern infrastructural development commission which would help in solving the problems associated with erosion and developing critical road and rail infrastructure that the region has been deprived of for so long.

3: A middle belt security commission whose sole remit shall be to deal with the menace of fulani herdsmen, cattle rustlers as well as the constant security challenges faced by many communities in such states.

Let the government stop acting as if the north alone is its priority and as if other regions have no axes to grind. Let there be justice and fairness in its policy development because "without justice there can't be peace."
One Bottle of Origin for U my Nigga @ Bosskratos
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by ak47mann(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
southern nigeria are the most dumbest people i ever come across in my life although i skip south easterner because they never depend on zoo government to develop their region, they are doing it themselves.But the rest of southern nigeria are dump and stupid take my word cool
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by musa7m(m): 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

U talk as if it's not your brothers from the north that ate all the oyel mixed with yam from Niger deltans and revenue from other southern states that brought us to this level of underdevelopment in Nigeria. Though our leaders are still at fault for trusting u guys and not using the opportunity they had judiciously
lol.... my brothers from north....for your info.....I be igbo man from imo state but base in kano....I have this name musa because I'm a muslim

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by themanderon: 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2016
Everyone knows that this is the end game....a development commission to siphon more money from the treasury...so what next? north central, north west development commissions??
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
musa7m:
lol.... my brothers from north....for your info.....I be igbo man from imo state but base in kano....I have this name musa because I'm a muslim
[color=#006600][/color]

It's all good. Pls remember u have brothers at home incase of any developmental plans by the government and don't be radicalized o! With all these happenings in the political scenes it's a lesson for we southerners.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by softmind24: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lol

South making noise

North take action

Politics is not all about noise making and having all the degrees in the world
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by mmsen: 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
2dugged:
at last the insurgency they allowed to fester is yielding fruits, there has always been a saying that even in war someone stands to benefit, and I guess this will be at the expense of the south, while they are busy fighting and bickering amongst themselves, the north are busy drawing the master plan of hostile take over, smh

They won't profit at all.

Despite decades of military rule that has distorted Nigeria's growth the North is still one of the worst corners of the African continent.

They can steal billions of ND money and still end up impoverished because they are too simple-minded to create a functioning economy. They are light years behind places like Lagos, Anambra, AKS, CRS and Rivers despite all of their pilfering.

Even now they're talking about starvation in IDP camps - how did that happen? Aren't the farms that we hear about, the ones that supposedly feed the nation, in the North?

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
themanderon:
Everyone knows that this is the end game....a development commission to siphon more money from the treasury...so what next? north central, north west development commissions??

LOL, eyyaah sorry oOh, too late, so una never even notice say Kano (NW) and Plateau (NC) have already been cleverly smuggled into the Bill?

Siddon there, dey hate; very soon the whole north will be developed to Dubai and una go dey need visa to visit like tourists - sorry, no riff raffs pls.

Hope e go pain you as I imagined cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usman Bayero Nafada Wins Gombe PDP Governorship Primaries / Trump's Govt Lawyers Charge Buhari & Buratai To The ICC In The Hague. / Governors To Engage Labour Leaders Amid Plan To Jerk Up Fuel Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.