Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,418 members, 7,836,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission (10564 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails / North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 7:51am On Oct 21, 2016
Who is the cause for the under development of the region?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by sekundosekundo: 7:52am On Oct 21, 2016
9japride:
Since after the civil war fought in Nigeria, has the government development the southeast? No! yet they are planning on developing the northeast that is still at risk with more attacks due to fuuucked up ideology and fanatical teachings of their youths. Rather Igbos properties were seized in various part of the country and when Igbos struggled to get to were they are now, some disgruntled Nigerians term them that "Igbos too like money", why won't they like money? Is it not money that they will use to develop their areas destroyed after the war? Now monies from Nigeria pocket will be use for development of those areas which is still at war. I have always said it that we southerners have no sense at all. OBJ, GEJ etc were all waste to the southern interest, rather they were forming good guys, good guys my arse! It's a lesson to southerners next time we'll reason with our functional brains. Hate and envy won't take us anywhere. Don't worry in few years time when all those people Buhari has fixed up in various government establishment will raise to the top and colonised the system then we go know wetin done hit us, by then it will be too late. Northerners are futuristic, while we down south just dey see only present situations. Goodmorning southern Nigerians. sad

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by bayelsaowei(m): 7:55am On Oct 21, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Sis, there is nothing wrong in helping a brother

Which brother??... undecided

Which brother ends up parasitic and still wants love and help..

This so called brothers ensured bokoharam frustrated another brother out of sit all for their main stream brother to become president..and now they intend to use another so called brothers wealth for their own development whilst they bring nothing to the table..brother my ijaw yansh..

8 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by uzolexis(f): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Source of funding? grin grin

Our VAT. We all know the purchasing power in the north is very low so it will mostly be funded from the VAT paid by southerners. See why they are against regional govt

6 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 7:56am On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:

Tinubu boy...

What about the ones your South West states are gulping since time immemorial?
When will you criticize it?

Hypocrites everywhere
Did what the gulp come from the north?

After the ineptitude and gross foolery displayed by the north when Boko Haram was bombing churches, they never envisage that they will go out of control, or didn't the moslem northerner keep silent when Boko Haram was bombing churches and attacking security forces?

All I see is a set of people who want what the Niger Delta is getting from the FG!.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 7:58am On Oct 21, 2016
uzolexis:

Our VAT. We all know the purchasing power in the north is very low so it will mostly be funded from the VAT paid by southerners. See why they are against regional govt
Now that's the question, why should the money I pay be used to develop a region that first of all, stood idle and did nothing when their brothers were bombing fellow Nigerians for sport?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by uzolexis(f): 8:00am On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:
Now that's the question, why should the money I pay be used to develop a region that first of all, stood idle and did nothing when their brothers were bombing fellow Nigerians for sport?

Because we are one Nigeria grin grin
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by dEastActivist: 8:01am On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:
Did what the gulp come from the north?

After the ineptitude and gross foolery displayed by the north when Boko Haram was bombing churches, they never envisage that they will go out of control, or didn't the moslem northerner keep silent when Boko Haram was bombing churches and attacking security forces?

All I see is a set of people who want what the Niger Delta is getting from the FG!.

What will you say about the Lagos special status that was recently turned down by the Senate.

Do you also see them as a set of people who want what the Niger Delta is getting from the FG!.?
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2016
uzolexis:

Because we are one Nigeria grin grin
There's no such thing as 'one nigeria' I'm afraid. All there is are tribes and religion who will do anything to ensure that they get the better share of whatever they can lay their hands on.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by saintdennis(m): 8:02am On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:
I am also glad that this bill was passed. It is an eye opener to successive governments on how best to guarantee extra revenue to your region while sitting as president. Kudos to our abokii friends. They have demonstrated mastery of the Nigerian political landscape and I will gladly say, they are the jagabans of these era. For those self acclaimed jagabans who will be working their asses off to generate VAT and taxes for the northern development commission to share, your right title should be Afonja .

Considering that most of the VAT will be coming from Lagos based coys... I think it is right to say Lagos is a conquered territory, and has started paying tribute tax to their captors. Abokii wants a slice of the Lagos IGR to fund development up north.

If Lagos is not given the 1% they asked for, then please my NL e warriors from that region instead of focusing on IPOB and NDA issue, be useful to your generations and create threads on that. In fact, they should borrow a leaf from Mr. bourdillon, his media outlets have started their work...

The South south created militancy and have used it to get NDDC, amnesty and even presidency . The abokii have created boko haram and they are about to start enjoying the fruits of their labour. My SE people have started massob and ipob. One day, their turn will come. My people from SW, It is only you that waka come with no wahala to use make noise because me..I am not understanding . .

For those who supported the northern trojan horse called "APC" , while your region has not benefited from the APC LOOT, congrats, you typify the phrase "useful idiots" . Don't worry, you have a few ministers appointed to head numerous portfolios as your reward. Am sure those ministers wake up every morning with your progress in his mind

Your write up reeks of ignorance nd crass stupidity. Jeeez

If this is what u careful thought out to post then it's safe to say ur faculty is in a recession.

What do the SW have to fight for?

A SW devt agency? They already have a local initiative (odua investment company) which lagos also joined recently...that is sophistication not waiting for FG.

Lagos special status? No worry lagos will still. Survive and continue feeding nigeria like the ND & eventually lagos will be given special status...the first battle was last, that's all, you don't hear lagosians heating up the polity over it... maturity

The yorubas have NOTHING to fight for and i'm happy they're a peace loving tribe.

If tomorrow ipob /massob turns SE to wasteland like NE and thereafter get SEDC you will call that a victory? Bros u need anti-psychotic meds.

the BH are still going strong so what was the price of NEDC? Does it make any sense?

I bet you're not even living in the SE

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by EternalTruths: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2016
uzolexis:

Afonjas VAT feeding their Northern Masters

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by matrixme(m): 8:03am On Oct 21, 2016
We will not take this in Orubebe's voice. We need a seperate South West and Eastern States Development Commission too. I guess Igbos and Yoruba's finally realize that they are constantly being cheated by the Federal government.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by uzolexis(f): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2016
EternalTruths:

Afonjas VAT feeding their Northern Masters

You know it is not just the South west VAT that will be used, the whole of southern region is not spared.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by nasvilla(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2016
9japride:
Since after the civil war fought in Nigeria, has the government development the southeast? No! yet they are planning on developing the northeast that is still at risk with more attacks due to fuuucked up ideology and fanatical teachings of their youths. Rather Igbos properties were seized in various part of the country and when Igbos struggled to get to were they are now, some disgruntled Nigerians term them that "Igbos too like money", why won't they like money? Is it not money that they will use to develop their areas destroyed after the war? Now monies from Nigeria pocket will be use for development of those areas which is still at war. I have always said it that we southerners have no sense at all. OBJ, GEJ etc were all waste to the southern interest, rather they were forming good guys, good guys my arse! It's a lesson to southerners next time we'll reason with our functional brains. Hate and envy won't take us anywhere. Don't worry in few years time when all those people Buhari has fixed up in various government establishment will raise to the top and colonised the system then we go know wetin done hit us, by then it will be too late. Northerners are futuristic, while we down south just dey see only present situations. Goodmorning southern Nigerians. sad
try to produce a well deserved president so that you can enjoy all the privileges, guy stop jealous for nothing northeast deserved rehabilitation.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by uzolexis(f): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:
There's no such thing as 'one nigeria' I'm afraid. All there is are tribes and religion who will do anything to ensure that they get the better share of whatever they can lay their hands on.

We all know this but we have accepted that we are powerless to do anything about it so we keep up with the charade of "One Nigeria".
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:

What will you say about the Lagos special status that was recently turned down by the Senate.

Do you also see them as a set of people who want what the Niger Delta is getting from the FG!.?
Lagos is the richest state in Nigeria, what Lagos generate as her IGR is what Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba, Jigawa and Yobe generate altogether.

So leave Lagos out of this, 'special status' or not, Lagos is far ahead of many states in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by EternalTruths: 8:09am On Oct 21, 2016
uzolexis:

You know it is not just the South west VAT that will be used, the whole of southern region is not spared.

No problem as long as Afonjas VATs are also included since they betrayed the South for plates of VP and ministerial positions. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 8:12am On Oct 21, 2016
uzolexis:

We all know this but we have accepted that we are powerless to do anything about it so we keep up with the charade of "One Nigeria".
I for one haven't accepted this charade, that's why I speak against it. You should too.

Accepting defeat before the war start isn't something for one to be proud of, or even say.

We know our leaders have done great damage to this country as well as our psyche. We need to speak out remember, all it takes is just for the right man to get into Aso Rock, and everything will follow...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2016
nasvilla:
try to produce a well deserved president so that you can enjoy all the privileges, guy stop jealous for nothing northeast deserved rehabilitation.
[color=#006600][/color]

It's not jealousy, it's the fact see state like kano being included I just laugh in gwari

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=sekundosekundo post=50381499][/quote][color=#006600][/color]

Thanks
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by dEastActivist: 8:14am On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:
Lagos is the richest state in Nigeria, what Lagos generate as her IGR is what Adamawa, Gombe, Taraba, Jigawa and Yobe generate altogether.

So leave Lagos out of this, 'special status' or not, Lagos is far ahead of many states in Nigeria.

Exactly, so why the special status for Lagos if not for greed and to impoverish other States the more

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by Osmondinho(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2016
EternalTruths:

Very true.

North will forever be embroiled in conflict as they seek to extend it beyond 10years.

Chaiiiiii so VAT of 3% from Afonjas pockets will be used to feed their masters up North. grin grin grin

Normal na, slaves have always been the ones to toil the earth for the benefits of the masters...

hello IPAF
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by musa7m(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2016
9japride:
why don't you people go home and develop east and people should stop run away from home......if you come to sabo gari(kano) and areas close to air force base (kano) you will see that many of dem big big houses and hotels igbos are the owner......if you people wat biafra you all have to go home.....you no go stay for North dey buy houses and hotels and you will tel me you are fighting for biafra
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by EternalTruths: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2016
Osmondinho:

Normal na, slaves have always been the ones to toil the earth for the benefits of the masters...

hello IPAF

Which one be IPAF again

What is the full meaning
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2016
bayelsaowei:
what killed gej was that he believed in one nigeria at the expense of the south south..

One nigeria my freaking butt... cheesy

Who one nigeria help...

Focus on your region and move ahead..

I hope this commission would be funded with proceeds from agriculture in the north..
[color=#006600][/color]

GEJ really messed up. Look at Ogoni land, the clean has nor been done fully and also developedment in those areas have been avoided by past military government. As for eastern Nigeria that one na no go area for government. If I hear say na from agricultural find them go use develop there, then know that rapture has already taken place.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by SalomonKane: 8:19am On Oct 21, 2016
dEastActivist:

Exactly, so why the special status for Lagos if not for greed and to impoverish other States the more
What does the special status for Lagos entail? Care to share?
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 8:19am On Oct 21, 2016
EternalTruths:

It is the Afonjas you should direct this to. cheesy
[color=#006600][/color]

I am not directing it to Yorubas. I blame all southerners responsible and the previous northern leaders too
Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by uzolexis(f): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:
I for one haven't accepted this charade, that's why I speak against it. You should too.

Accepting defeat before the war start isn't something for one to be proud of, or even say.

We know our leaders have done great damage to this country as well as our psyche. We need to speak out remember, all it takes is just for the right man to get into Aso Rock, and everything will follow...

I like your spirit and honestly I don't believe in the "one Nigeria" crap. Hopefully, someday we'll be able to make our voices heard.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2016
BossKratos:

Even though it is a good development..it would be fair that the following commissions are also approved to ensure fairness in the governments quest to develop or improve on the infrastructure of other regions in the country.

1: A niger delta clean up supervisory commission. Which would act as a buffer between the oil companies, the communities, the nddc and the executive etc. to ensure that the job gets done and swift penalties are meted out to defaulters.

2: An south eastern infrastructural development commission which would help in solving the problems associated with erosion and developing critical road and rail infrastructure that the region has been deprived of for so long.

3: A middle belt security commission whose sole remit shall be to deal with the menace of fulani herdsmen, cattle rustlers as well as the constant security challenges faced by many communities in such states.

Let the government stop acting as if the north alone is its priority and as if other regions have no axes to grind. Let there be justice and fairness in its policy development because "without justice there can't be peace."
[color=#006600][/color]

You spoke well.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by mmsen: 8:27am On Oct 21, 2016
bayelsaowei:
what killed gej was that he believed in one nigeria at the expense of the south south..

One nigeria my freaking butt... cheesy

Who one nigeria help...

Focus on your region and move ahead..

I hope this commission would be funded with proceeds from agriculture in the north..

Those people will starve if they try and fund anything with proceeds from the North.

They'll steal the money from the ND and Lagos to fund their corrupt commission.

Much of the money meant to feed and house the IDPs has been stolen by Northerners yet they keep asking for more money.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by mmsen: 8:30am On Oct 21, 2016
matrixme:
We will not take this in Orubebe's voice. We need a seperate South West and Eastern States Development Commission too. I guess Igbos and Yoruba's finally realize that they are constantly being cheated by the Federal government.

They cheat themselves by refusing to come together to demand greater state/regional sovereignty.

1 Like

Re: Senate Passes Bill For Establishment Of Northeast Development Commission by 9japride(m): 8:38am On Oct 21, 2016
musa7m:
why don't you people go home and develop east and people should stop run away from home......if you come to sabo gari(kano) and areas close to air force base (kano) you will see that many of dem big big houses and hotels igbos are the owner......if you people wat biafra you all have to go home.....you no go stay for North dey buy houses and hotels and you will tel me you are fighting for biafra
[color=#006600][/color]

Why won't we leave? After the war was any effort put in place to make eastern Nigeria rise again? My guy if you are close to government please tell them to direct development there through favourable policies so that we can leave your areas alone. In you mind you think how Nigeria has treated easterners is fair? I blamed all southerners forming good boys/girls don't worry u all will pay through ur a$$ to baby feed northern Nigeria, who usually looks on us as infidels.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians In Diaspora Ask Buhari To Disband Cabinet / Abdulrasheed Bawa: We Will Take Fight Against Corruption To The Next Level / Maduka: Accord Party Chieftain Fires Soludo Over Fake Decamping New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.