Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience (23284 Views)

Coronavirus Lockdown: A Nairalander In Ireland Shares His Experience (Photos) / A Nairalander Shares Overnight Camping At Lufasi Park Lekki / A Nairalander Shares Overnight Beach Camping Experience At Enukunmi Eleko Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Dcaliphate(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
ClinicalHope:
Lol @ photoshop. Na original pictures you dey see so. I live at Badagry. Ten years and still counting.
I'm not doubting you dear, i was only trying to mock the miss anambra lesbo scandal grin
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Thisis2raw(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
tourismlove:

Thank you very much...would plan it as one of my trips for next year
okay that will be nice
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Thisis2raw(m): 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
lacasera14:
guy how fa, that's where I live. there's nothing there to visit.
I dey, which side way you dey live?
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 24, 2016
Soooo lovely! I wish i have friends to go on tour with,have fun and take selfies but all i see is the 4 corners of my room and my phone always silent like idiot. well, i'm used to it!!!! gringringrin
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Desultan(m): 6:24am On Oct 24, 2016
I need a guided tour to Badagry this Xmas. Anybody organising this?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Originalsly: 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
ClinicalHope:
whispering palms is another beautiful place to visit when next you come around.
Tell us a little about Whispering Palms.... we need to touch as many spots as we can when we get there. This thread is sparking interest in Badagry.
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Hopez456(m): 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2016
kayo80:

Thanks a lot. I am looking for a beach to go to with my friends this Christmas. I am tired of all those beaches along Lekki Express. Do you know if they sell beer and suya at this beach?
Try Suntan beach along seme express way after Badagry. You won't regret visiting.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Hopez456(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Desultan:
I need a guided tour to Badagry this Xmas. Anybody organising this?
Pelu Awofeso organises tour to Badagry every time. Get him here 08039732757 or search him out on Facebook.
CC Desultan
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Desultan(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hopez456:
Pelu Awofeso organises tour to Badagry every time. Get him here 08039732757 or search him out on Facebook.
CC Desultan

Thanks Bro, will get in touch with him. Appreciate.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by kayo80(m): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hopez456:
Try Suntan beach along seme express way after Badagry. You won't regret visiting.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by kherlly(m): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
gunvi:

Another good thing about the historic town and the people of badagry is that they accommodate visitors alot....Really, badagry ought to av gone far beyond wat u are seeing but sometimes our govt pay less attraction to tourism.they are only interested in oi!l oil!! and oil!!!.anyway thank God that they av discovered oil too in badagry.so u can see ow blessed d town is. Av been there several times wit my family and always fun .......

I have been there buh for business... I wants to get in touch wiv a friend of mine there maybe she can take me around when am on leave before this yr runs out. I will like to see for myself.
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by lacasera14(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thisis2raw:
I dey, which side way you dey live?
Back of town hall
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Thisis2raw(m): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
lacasera14:
Back of town hall
shei dat side name na mbualemini
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by lacasera14(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thisis2raw:
shei dat side name na mbualemini
yes

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Thisis2raw(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
lacasera14:
yes
OK no p. One day we fit hookup
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by lacasera14(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thisis2raw:
OK no p. One day we fit hookup
okay man

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Bujumbura(m): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
mem88:
Soooo lovely! I wish i have friends to go on tour with,have fun and take selfies but all i see is the 4 corners of my room and my phone always silent like idiot. well, i'm used to it!!!! gringringrin
where do you want to go? I luv wild adventure
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by Sleeem: 1:23am On Jan 04, 2017
Please I reside in ikorodu and I wld like to visit coconut beach @ badagry. How do I get to the beach thru public transportation? pls guys help me wit d detailed direction
Re: A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2018
tourismlove:
I was invited by my friend @travelgeniuz to accompany him and a group of tourists to tour the beautiful town of Badagry.

A brief history; Badagry is a coastal town and local government area in Lagos State. It was a major slave port during the slavery era. It is situated between the city of Lagos and the border with Benin at Seme.

Enough of history, now to the tour; the team set out for Badagry from Oshodi at 8:50am. The journey was an exciting one; everyone got to introduce themselves and talk about what they do. The journey was smooth and gridlock free. We got to Badagry less than 2hrs 30minutes.

Our first stop on this historical tour was the Mobee Slave Relics Museum; where we were shown various chains, pictures, few paintings, tools used in piercing the body parts of the slaves,some other things and an in-depth lesson on slave history in badagry.

From here we moved on to The Badagry Heritage Museum. Here was majorly filled with writings, pictures, sculptors and a few other art works, depicting and telling the story of the slave trade era.

We had a short stop at the first storey building In Nigeria and then the first place Christianity was preached in Nigeria.

Next was on to the famous Badagry beach. Before we could get to the beach though, we had to cross a large lake by boat. This was quite exciting as the thought that I could not actually swim crossed my mind; although we all had life jackets on.

After successfully making it to the other side of the lake, the only structure there was a small wooden souvenir shop selling locally made artifacts; most made out of coconuts. We were able to patronize the shop and buy a few things. Then there was a large expanse of land lying fallow. This I believe could be used either as a resort, a recreational centre, a park or even a zoo.

In the middle of these vast hectares of land is a “well” called the well of forgetfulness. It is said that any slave who drinks of the water forgets about the life he is leaving behind.

After this, was the point of no return. Legend has it that on getting to this point, no slave ever goes back or escapes. It is on to their new master’s country from here.

We all struggled and made our way to the beach where everyone sprang back to life on sighting the water and seeing nature in all its splendor and beauty. It was indeed a lovely time at the beach

Main Points
-Badagry should at this point be a tourism haven where tourists, families, adventurers can come and relax.
-The beach and the surrounding areas should be worked upon and upgraded to attain international standards.
-The Government should do more in improving the aesthetic appeal of Badagry.
-The Government should look into improving infrastructural facilities and amenities in Badagry.
-Kudos to the Lagos state government for the road network to Badagry; atleast from Oshodi to Badagry was a smooth ride.

After a lovely time at the beach, we made our way back to our tour bus, had lunch, played some games and headed back to Oshodi, back to the hustling and bustling of Lagos.

have you ever heard of bridge of no return situated in akwa ibom state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Union Launches An All-africa Passport, To Be Fully Active By 2018 / Overloaded Truck Carrying Logs Of Wood In Ilese (Photos) / 7 Things To Check In Your Car Before A Long Drive - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.