Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,943 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud (1197 Views)

Islam vs Christianity. / Egypt Vs Christianity / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by chieveboy(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
I thought to open this thread as a futile attempt to end Nairaland's Religion-section latest craze: Atheist pissing the Christians off, and the Christians returning the favor.

This attempt at settling the quarrel (if possible) is hinged in the analysis by careful, objective and honest observation of the following question and it's answer(s):

1: Can anything exist without its opposite?

2: Depending on your answer, who is right and who is wrong?

3: Relative to your own answer to the above questions, in you most objective and sanest state, is it smart wise to be Atheist, Theist or even Agnostic in the 'agitative' sense of it?

4: What then should one 'believe', what should we do?

Thanks.

hopefulLandlord, hahn, Seun, KingEbukasBlog, winner01, felixomor, OLAADEGBU, sonoflucifer, thesixthsense, EyeHateGod, AgentOfAllah, jiggaz, cloudgoddess, CAPSLOCKED, Scholar8200, plaethon, deepsight, Ranchodas, Chosenonline, RabbaRabbi, Mnwanko
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by hahn(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2016
*Superforce will be right back*

smiley
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by chieveboy(m): 7:33am On Oct 23, 2016
hahn:
*Superforce will be right back*

smiley

...Catch you later
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2016
chieveboy why don't you state what you believe as an eckist before acting like a ref. Put yourself and your religion in the spotlight. Let's see your answers to your questions.

1 Like

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by chieveboy(m): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
chieveboy why don't you state what you believe as an eckist before acting like a ref

That one is coming.

Meanwhile you should understand my stance...l know acting as a "Ref" is actually futile and not that 'serious',
If this is so, the motive for opening this thread then is for Atheist and the Christians (especially) to solve the riddle/puzzle, then they can continue the rivalry proper.

proper Put yourself and your religion in the spotlight. Let's see your answers to your questions.

The title says "...personal view..." just to tell you guys its not official...in a sense, and that readers should know where l belong.

Talking about "...spotlights..." l wasn't the one who opened the numerous 'pro atheist' and 'pro God' threads on NL
And please, this is not a bashing thread at all. If you assimilate the semantics of the thread, you'll see that its for enlightenment purpose...meanwhile l can do nothing about people who'll come to insult or abuse.
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2016
You still haven't stated what your beliefs are and haven't provided answers -from your personal view as an eckist- to your question. You may not admit it but the thread portrays you as the arbiter so why don't you get involved so the atheists can 'enlighten' you on your religion. You said personal view as an eckist without telling what that means/is. Anyway, you don't have to but I think to get the responses you desire you would have to say much more.
chieveboy:

That one is coming.

Meanwhile you should understand my stance...l know acting as a "Ref" is actually futile and not that 'serious',
If this is so, the motive for opening this thread then is for Atheist and the Christians (especially) to solve the riddle/puzzle, then they can continue the rivalry proper.

The title says "...personal view..." just to tell you guys its not official...in a sense, and that readers should know where l belong.

Talking about "...spotlights..." l wasn't the one who opened the numerous 'pro atheist' and 'pro God' threads on NL
And please, this is not a bashing thread at all. If you assimilate the semantics of the thread, you'll see that its for enlightenment purpose...meanwhile l can do nothing about people who'll come to insult or abuse.

1 Like

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by chieveboy(m): 9:49am On Oct 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
You still haven't stated what your beliefs are and haven't provided answers -from your personal view as an eckist- to your question. . You said personal view as an eckist without telling what that means/is. Anyway, you don't have to but I think to get the responses you desire you would have to say much more.

l will tell you mine when you rather focus on the Topic by answering the question. For Pete's sake l opened the thread so people can answer or attempt to answer the questions...not me asking and answering at the same time. Its why NL is a forum.

It is a termed a "personal view" thread so as not to imply Eckankar 'official' approves or disprove Atheism or Christianity. This has nothing to do with my Religion at all. l am Chieveboy first before am an Eckist. So its a Chieveboy's thread...who is rather an Eckist.
You may not admit it but the thread portrays you as the arbiter so why don't you get involved so the atheists can 'enlighten' you on your religion

Please am literally groping to hear Atheists and Christian's view on the question, kindly beam that light of enlightenment on the question instead.

the thread portrays you as the arbiter

If you paid attention to details, you wouldn't keep saying this. Please on the Original Post, examine why l stroked "futile". l
l could have opened another thread for this question: what do you think l meant when l said "my futile attempt..."? but l sensed l could well ask you here

The Original question is a puzzle, do you have an answer or not?

1 Like

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
You mentioned me and I believe you had good reasons for that. I also believe all you mentioned have read the post but completely ignored. I only suggested what you have to do to get responses but you obliged. Great! because it was only a suggestion as previously stated
Thesixthsense:You may not admit it but the thread portrays you as an arbiter...You don't have to but I think to get the responses you desire you would have to say much more.

I would rather ignore your questions, I'm commenting only because I was mentioned and apparently you still don't understand that anyone that attempts -no matter how futile- to end a 'feud' by asking questions and mentioning names, that doesn't imply many things but everyone mentioned would ask: 'Who are you? and what qualifies you as an arbiter' So don't let me derail your topic.
chieveboy:

l will tell you mine when you rather focus on the Topic by answering the question. For Pete's sake l opened the thread so people can answer or attempt to answer the questions...not me asking and answering at the same time. Its why NL is a forum.

It is a termed a "personal view" thread so as not to imply Eckankar 'official' approves or disprove Atheism or Christianity. This has nothing to do with my Religion at all. l am Chieveboy first before am an Eckist. So its a Chieveboy's thread...who is rather an Eckist.

Please am literally groping to hear Atheists and Christian's view on the question, kindly beam that light of enlightenment on the question instead.

If you paid attention to details, you wouldn't keep saying this. Please on the Original Post, examine why l stroked "futile". l
l could have opened another thread for this question: what do you think l meant when l said "my futile attempt..."? but l sensed l could well ask you here

The Original question is a puzzle, do you have an answer or not?
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by chieveboy(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
You mentioned me and I believe I also believe all you mentioned have read the post but completely ignored.

Those list was copied and pasted from a post. I know little of their 'NL-repute' You can't be so sure they ignored anything here. And it's an honor be deemed worthy to provide answers by way of Mentions right?

I only suggested what you have to do to get responses but you obliged. Great! because it was only a suggestion as previously stated

On the contrary, threads are meant to be read or ignored. You can only comment if you have something to say or in this case; have the answer to the puzzle, else you move on.

everyone mentioned would ask: [b]'Who are you?
lol I get where you are coming from. You assume their are 'title holders' on nairaland eh cheesy? Focus on the substance of the thread not me or any religion.

It's not about me really, it's about the question and how Atheist and Theist (Christians etc) seem to not recognize a factor in life.

Thanks for your input so far...bye.

2 Likes

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by ifenes(m): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
In every works of life there seem to be two wings,a coin with two sides to it telling the same old story. The democratic and republican,right brain and left brain conflict kind of situation. Can they both co exist? Yes! For the sake of balance the opposite sides need to have at least an equal pull. Too much of one side will lead to a full scale war. Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton makes the world exciting.

Talking about the Bible. Humans wrote it from different angles. Paul vs Jesus and we can find the same in Science. I think Science and Religion are of the same branch. Although both are presently being used for control. Both can also be a good form of education. The Human Mind is capable of creating anything because it does have the left and right brain to thank.

There is really no Truth to find,the Truth is always with us,although mis-interpreted.

1 Like

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
This TheSixthSense guy sef, the OP based on his introduction allude not to want to be an arbiter by striking out "futile" meaning it is an attempt to end the quarrel and not and attempt at the same time

Just like the question is ironical and the feud in which both Atheist and Christians are right and wrong at the same time.

Say their is 'GOD', and then 'NO GOD' too exists
Say there is 'NO GOD' and 'GOD' exists.

This is because I think anything that has no opposite ceases to exist. And anything can only exists because of the existence of its opposite. Thanks.
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
The answer can be derived from this picture
It's actually funny how the so-called Christians and especially atheist deem themselves smart, and yet couldn't figure out that they where actually exposing too much ignorance:

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
@ifenes, you go school...welldone

1 Like

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by SeunLanLege(m): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
chieveboy:

1: Can anything exist without its opposite?

Don't know what this question is supposed to achieve, but obviously in physics there's no such thing as "anti-enerygy", so the idea that everything in the universe has an opposite is false.
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
chieveboy:

Those list was copied pasted from a post. I know little of the 'NL-repute' You can't be so sure they ignored anything here. And it's an honor be deemed worthy to provide answers by way of Mentions right?
I hate to do this but since you really don't understand. You attempt to settle (futile or not) a feud (apparently it is to you) cool and fine. Then you decide to mention me. What does that imply? I'll spell it out for you: Either I am part of those feuding or I am an arbiter like yourself of which the latter certainly isn't the case apparently because we don't share the same beliefs nor do I remember any encounter with you on NL.
So if you consider me as a feuding Christian I really take offence to that especially with your subsequent comments. Why didn't you leave out the mentions? And you are here talking about honour. What's that even supposed to mean?
On the contrary, threads are meant to be read or ignored. You can only comment if you have something to say or in this case; have the answer to the puzzle, else you move on.
Your sense didn't tell you that people would read without mentions?

lol I get where you are coming from. You assume their are 'title holders' on nairaland eh cheesy? Focus on the substance of the thread not me or any religion.
It's not about me really, it's about the question and how Atheist and Theist (Christians etc) seem to not recognize a factor in life.
Thanks for your input so far...bye.
Don't quote me again

1 Like

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by chieveboy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=SeunLanLege post=50474474]

Don't know what this question is supposed to achieve

Its supposed to open the mind of both parties taking sides to the point of animosity that:

For God to exist (Theism), God must only exists where it doesn't or in relation to its absence or anything that corresponds to its opposite(atheism),

Also, for God to not exist (Atheism), this absence or non-existence must only be based on its existence (Theism)

A clearer picture is this: if you find your self in a "valley", that you recognize that the place is a valley means a "mountain" is beside you. The valley happened because of the mountain and vice-versa. Talk about "left" and "right", 'up" and "down" note that all these pairs exist because of the other, if one ceases to be, then both stop existing...

but obviously in physics there's no such thing as "anti-enerygy", so the idea that everything in the universe has an opposite is false.

l beg to differ...even saying or recognizing that energy exists is actually admitting that somewhere, or somehow, it is lacking or insufficient or non existent.
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Ranchhoddas: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I hate to do this but since you really don't understand. You attempt to settle (futile or not) a feud (apparently it is to you) cool and fine. Then you decide to mention me. What does that imply? I'll spell it out for you: Either I am part of those feuding or I am an arbiter like yourself of which the latter certainly isn't the case apparently because we don't share the same beliefs nor do I remember any encounter with you on NL.
So if you consider me as a feuding Christian I really take offence to that especially with your subsequent comments. Why didn't you leave out the mentions? And you are here talking about honour. What's that even supposed to mean?

Your sense didn't tell you that people would read without mentions?

Don't quote me again
You are becoming increasingly belligerent. I hope all is well...
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
What are you? My monitoring spirit? grin cheesy All is well. Thanks. Hope you're good yourself? But wait o, do you read all my comments?
Ranchhoddas:
You are becoming increasingly belligerent. I hope all is well...
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Ranchhoddas: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
What are you? My monitoring spirit? grin cheesy All is well. Thanks. Hope you're good yourself? But wait o, do you read all my comments?
I follow you, and I don't follow people unless I really want to see all their comments. So YES, I read all your comments.8-)
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
smiley That's good to hear. Thank you. I'll get you a gift for Christmas.
Ranchhoddas:
I follow you, and I don't follow people unless I really want to see all their comments. So YES, I read all your comments.8-)
Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by Ranchhoddas: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
TheSixthSense:
smiley That's good to hear. Thank you. I'll get you a gift for Christmas.
That's great. Looking forward to it!!

1 Like

Re: An Eckist's (personal-view) Thread On Atheism Vs Christianity Feud by SeunLanLege(m): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=chieveboy post=50474967][/quote]

All these pseudo logical arguments that have false premises sha.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Categories And Consequences Of Curses / Can Satan Also Be Refers To As Omnipresent / How To Balance Spirituality And Academics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.