Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony (3559 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Groom & His Big-Sized Bride / Viral Video Of A Groom Kissing His Bride At Wedding / This Photo Of A Groom Checking His Bride Under The Veil Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 23, 2016
In the Southwestern part of the country, introduction ceremonies are significant during the process of getting married. It is where close family members of bride and groom to be, meet officially and get to know relatives of their son and daughter before the wedding day proper. Here are a few things that can go down during this introduction ceremony:

1. So you decide to remove the ‘Yoruba Demon’ tag once and for all by settling down

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Delicious22: 7:21am On Oct 23, 2016
Front Page Material. Ride on Op.
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by sucreblazing(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2016
op, what do u mean by 'yoruba demon tag'....knw try vomit non sense wey u knw no o
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by INTROVERT(f): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2016
wink
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by MidasTouche01(m): 7:23am On Oct 23, 2016
Make I buy this land...

never bring to a Yoruba Introduction before..
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by 4reala(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2016
Hmmm! Ride on
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 23, 2016
2. You proceed to tell your parents that you want to settle down and you receive their blessings

Ori e wa ni be!

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by nmreports: 7:29am On Oct 23, 2016
Lol
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Sexytemi(f): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2016
Okay
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 23, 2016
3. Then you honestly and humbly propose to your Baby Gea

Honey mi, my super-hot ewedu, the only gizzard in my plate of Asun…wee you marry me?

1 Like

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by dollyjoy(f): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2016
After going through all those procedures,some won't be contented with their supposed "missing rib" undecided

1 Like

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2016
grin
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2016
4. How you and your ‘Retired Demon’ Gang storm your potential Bae’s territory on the introduction D-day

Ahhh, ota lenu …gbagbe osi !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 23, 2016
5. You, wondering whether it is even necessary to prostrate and lie on the floor, just to greet your potential in-law

So I will stain my starched Agbada.

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2016
6. When her father is taking like forever to bless you people and you look up to be sure of what is going on

Ejo, Daddy…no be firewood dey for ground o. Na person body.

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 23, 2016
7. That your Aunty whose dress and makeup is so on fleek that one will mistake her for the bride-to-be

1 Like

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2016
8. When you see people (that you don’t even know) at the Introduction Ceremony, and they start famzing and claiming cousins

You people will not even wait for the main wedding before doing Mogbo Moya.

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2016
sucreblazing:
op, what do u mean by 'yoruba demon tag'....knw try vomit non sense wey u knw no o

asfarasI'mconcerned,itisatag
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by jmichlins(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2016
though am an Igbo but dem yoruba and dem demon gang dey sweet me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Abayor7: 7:59am On Oct 23, 2016
following. grin
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 23, 2016
9. How your face lights up when you see your bride-to-be coming out in all her glory

See babe …I sabi better thing jo…

1 Like

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2016
10. When the Alaga Iduro asks the bride-to-be whether she knows you and whether she wants to marry you

See ehn, Aunty Alaga Iduro, no spoil market for me o. I go throway you comot from this place.

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2016
11. Your face when the bride-to-be takes sometime before she answers Alaga Iduro ’s question

Ife mi, I beg you in the name of God, don’t do this to me, please.

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2016
12. When they start all those ‘special prayers’ for the well-being of your future family

My Father, My Lord…we cover this bosom and this prick with the special blood.

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Tynasparks(f): 8:40am On Oct 23, 2016
Very funny
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by littlemistress: 8:41am On Oct 23, 2016
cheesy
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 23, 2016
13. When you sight that your uncle (that didn’t contribute anything to your education and upbringing) eating goat meat, drinking Goldberg and chopping life

Onku, enuff is enuff!

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 23, 2016
14. When you get a clue about what the Eru Iyawo Engagement list will look like

Owo Ori – N100,000, Owo Ijoko Agba – N100,000, Owo Ikanlekun – N100,000, Owo Aeroplane – N100,000, Owo Omo Ile – N250,000

Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by steppin: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2016
Hahahaha
Re: 15 Things A Groom Will Remember At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony by larrypourl(m): 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2020
4 years thread. Very funny. Lalasticala this need to be on front-page oo

(1) (Reply)

How I Caught My Own Son Having S*x With My New Wife On My Bed - Man Cries Out / My Sweetest Fvck Ever / Omg!Goldberg Beat Brock Lesnar 12 Years After Goldberg’s Last Match (video+pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.