Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? (25902 Views)

Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... / Why Do Legally Married Women Who Have Sex Not Considered Worthy By God? / Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Kgdavid(m): 11:17am On Oct 23, 2016
OmaHomes:
First! All of you telling him to stick with d two women that they men of God who married more than 1 wife, advisin him that he's gonna make heaven with two wives, just have in mind that if dis man dies today, without repentin, his sins and blood is gonna be on all of u head. I din say that d bible said it. U see a blind man about falling into a bit and u let him, his blood is gonna be on ur head. Even d bible said, unto a man is a woman and unto a woman is a man, he never said unto a man is women. Read ur new testament pls, befored giving d wrong advice about d bible to sum1. What reason do u have to marry 2wives? Nd whatever reason it is, It has to be 1 woman, 1 man. That is what d bible said. U have to let d second wife go, be friends with her and her kids. And pls, all of u quotin d old testament. Go and study ur bible and understand, don't just read for reading sake. Enjoy ur day

Have you read your New Testament very well? Have you read 1 Corinthians 7? Don't be hasty to speak, and forget that you do not know all.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 23, 2016
I believe the dowry was not paid the same day or the same time, so the woman whose dowry was paid first is the wife to stay the other woman is to go.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ochuciano(m): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2016
deeway200:
This is a lie, u can't be legally married to two wives except you have already divorced the first. Therefore, like tuface, ' say another one'

Please explain further cuz am confuse here
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by k10: 11:20am On Oct 23, 2016
I believe 1 Corinthians 7:12 - 17 applies here

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.
Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 23, 2016
calliope:

Can you listen to yourself? Its irks me you're female and could spew such crap. So just because she is a second wife she is not original ba? SMH for yhu.

I'm not spewing "crap" sister, you're female too, speak like one. that's my opinion! when I say original I mean since she was the first then she should stay, just feels logical to me that's all.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ochuciano(m): 11:23am On Oct 23, 2016
BlessedHay:
how many men in the new testament married more dan a wife? All the names given where in the old testament some even married more dan one wife after the commandments have been given but they atone for their sins by making sacrifices in which jesus was sent in the new testament to abolish such acts, so any man marrying more than a wife in this modern times, he would have to be prayerful because it is a grievous sin. I wish the man all the best

I don't think is sin, God is d same yesterday, today and forever. One man, one wife is a simple family that is y it is encourage
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 23, 2016
Chudichu:

Let her go to where? If you were a child of the second wife, what would you say of your father? God himself is a just God.

He wants to make a choice right? someone has to go and I chose the first, if not the second wife then it would be the first wife, right?
if u were a child of the first wife, what would you say of your father?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by pfesw(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2016
Husband, I can help U to take one wife an her children if U pay me, lol. Listen, it is only a sin if U fail ur responsibility on both wifes. Pray for God help

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Student125(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2016
I thank God am nt a Christian, and I pray if it remains just a second to convert to Christianity God shld take my soul. Eventhough am nt a practicing Muslim but if ds s wat d bible preach den ur so called God is wicked cuz d God I believe in is not. I some questions for those ready to quote me, ur God forbid furnication right,
(1) what will u term all d sexual act btw secnd wife nd d man in d past. and those of u advising divorcing d secnd wife, just put ursef in d lads shoe or probably imagine she s ur daughter.
(2) do u knw d world male and female populations? who will marry d excess females or dey shld just go ahead to fornicate or decide within them be a reverend sister.

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by tohact(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2016
if it is a minute to go, the truth shall reign. marry... just don't marry than 4
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 23, 2016
OmaHomes:
First! All of you telling him to stick with d two women that they men of God who married more than 1 wife, advisin him that he's gonna make heaven with two wives, just have in mind that if dis man dies today, without repentin, his sins and blood is gonna be on all of u head. I din say that d bible said it. U see a blind man about falling into a bit and u let him, his blood is gonna be on ur head. Even d bible said, unto a man is a woman and unto a woman is a man, he never said unto a man is women. Read ur new testament pls, befored giving d wrong advice about d bible to sum1. What reason do u have to marry 2wives? Nd whatever reason it is, It has to be 1 woman, 1 man. That is what d bible said. U have to let d second wife go, be friends with her and her kids. And pls, all of u quotin d old testament. Go and study ur bible and understand, don't just read for reading sake. Enjoy ur day
hmmm
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 23, 2016
uboma:

You are right but happens if he loves the second wife more
That's his cross to bear I guess! I don't know really.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ochuciano(m): 11:25am On Oct 23, 2016
Kulas:
Pls I need to be clarified and educated:
-So to marry more than one wife is already a certificate for one not to make heaven?
-What about moslems,traditionalists,Obas,Igwes,and even some men that I read in this country that married more tha 30 wives?
-So they are already a candidates of hell or are there different types of heaven?since there is one God.
Pls let people educate others in this.Thank you.

I don't think so, for me the ticket to heaven is love of God and man
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by nagoma(m): 11:26am On Oct 23, 2016
Many of the Nigerian Pastors are polygamous and the bible tells us that Solomon had hundreds of wives.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by shehuolayinka(m): 11:26am On Oct 23, 2016
So because you don know God abi na becoming a born again Christian, you think the next thing to do is to away with one of your bed warmers. But seriously, I wonder how some people think? And comments by some here, really shows stupidity

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 23, 2016
notoriousbabe:
says who? And you call yourself a woman. Thank God you are not god

I am not a woman because I have a contrary opinion or my opinion doesn't fit a "womanish" standard? and yea I am not God, just a mere mortal trying to be logical and that's my mortal mind speaking.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ochuciano(m): 11:28am On Oct 23, 2016
DeHEIGHTS:
If he's truly born again, the new Spirit in him, the Holy Spirit, will teach him what to do.
The Holy Spirit will teach him all things.

Evader suspected
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Jokerman(m): 11:31am On Oct 23, 2016
God's original plan was one man and one woman... The Lord Jesus corroborated this in Matt 19:4..." for this purpose shall a man leave his parents, and shall cling unto his WIFE, and dey twain shall be one flesh..."

Man and his WIFE.... NOT...
Man and his wives......

He has to do restitution, and settle the 2nd wife as a Christian he is..

Wat God has joined together, let no man, woman, thing etc..put asunder. .

My opinion

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Rapuru14: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2016
OmaHomes:
My sister, without any intention of sounding derogatory, you seem confused.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Rapuru14: 11:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Jokerman:
God's original plan was one man and one woman... The Lord Jesus corroborated this in Matt 19:4..." for this purpose shall a man leave his parents, and shall cling unto his WIFE, and dey twain shall be one flesh..."

Man and his WIFE.... NOT...
Man and his wives......

He has to do restitution, and settle the 2nd wife as a Christian he is..

Wat God has joined together, let no man, woman, thing etc..put asunder. .

My opinion

LIEEEE, please repent

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by oglalasioux(m): 11:33am On Oct 23, 2016
Topgainer:

Once the in laws agree to give their daughter and your family accept her. You pay the customary bride price. It is called marriage and it is recognized by both families and society. And to annul such marriage in Igbo traditions the wife family will return the pot containing the bride price. Registry is a western culture and is secondary. People with second wifes must have done that to claim marriage and it is marriage as far as I'm concerned

That western culture you are referring to as secondary supercedes your Igbo tradition in a law court. Ask a lawyer; a common magistrate court can overrule a customary court on issues with marriage and paternity.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Zedoo(m): 11:34am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Wife no.1 is the original wife, you will have to let the second go.

Feminine...view...
There is NOTHING like "original" wife.... Your first choice could have been a desperate one....and then you meet the person you are "actually" meant to be with and then get married again....

Dissatisfaction and the crave for "more" leads to polygamy.... There is nothing like what you just said

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by wiseoneking: 11:34am On Oct 23, 2016
classicB:
Just do right between them. There are men in the Bible that had more than two wives. Just be a good husband and a father, sending one packing in the name of restitution will only cause hate and the kids? Do you really want them to grow up without a father figure just because their daddy have chosen the other wife over their mother
No man in the new testament christian era with two wives. Read your bible again. I think he should seek Gods counsel and prayer at this time. These are issues that you just handle with one hand because there are some men that can stand it because of their sensitive conscience that will always condemn them. The second one should also seek God's face and know what God is telling, removing every sentiments away. I know i second wife who genuinely repented, after a long time of seeking God's face of what to do next, he later approach the husband and told him about her changed life. She told him that she is ready to remarry again after having some kids for him. She said that it would very irresponsible for her now to pack out and live with her children alone as single mother without a father figure. She begged her husband to allow to remain in the house to take care of her kids but one thing that will never happen between them again is S E X. They maintained that after many years. Thank God for her understanding hubby. The woman sacrificed. But it stinks to have two wives as a true believer. I pray that God will guide Op better.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Topgainer:

Usual creed of 'Holier than thou' assemblies. They give more laws, rules and regulations than God. The world would have been a disaster if these assemblies were allowed to write their own Bibles and pass it across as God's laws.
Op, there is nothing like restitution that says you should send your second wife and her children away.
2.There is nowhere in the Bible that says because you have a second wife you are disqualified from making Heaven.
3. There is no place that Jesus has said he doesn't love you and has condemned you to Hell just because you have a second wife.
However, you can't serve God as Bishop or Pastor in a Church because leading a polygamous family is enough headache on its own as to afford you the time to lead a Church. It will mock the church as much as a drunk preacher will do
But then
If you ensure that righteousness, peace, justice and godliness rules in your home; that any conflicts that may arise are resolved amicably, you are not seen to always favour one over the other, that the younger wife respects the older, you home will be enjoyed by all the inhabitants and you will make Heaven before many of the holier than thou family men.
Also, Please and Please, If you are in a Church that insists that you send your second wife and children away before they will accept you and stopped calling you a sinner, Leave that place.
There are Churches who will appreciate your repentance and good qualities on its present merit. Christianity doesn't continue to input your past mistakes or make unnecessary demands upon you.
In Acts of Apostles, some holier than thou brethren came up with law that Gentiles must be circumcised (according to Jewish laws and traditions) to be accepted as brethren but thankgod for the Apostles who used wisdom to resolve the matter eventually. Such that Adults were not forced to do circumcision but children born subsequently to the gentiles were circumcised.
PMail me, I will recommend some Churches for you that will not go on condeming you or demanding some foolish man made restitutions

In summary you are saying if he intends being a bishop or pastor at his current church, it won't work so therefore he'd have to leave that "holier than thou" church and look for another that would accept him based on his present merits! cool.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by atoleybaba(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

A woman is saying this?

See why Nigeria is a useless country? undecided
a man replying like this? Reason why Africans have problem in progressing
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 23, 2016
Zedoo:

Feminine...view...
There is NOTHING like "original" wife.... Your first choice could have been a desperate one....and then you meet the person you are "actually" meant to be with and then get married again....

Dissatisfaction and the crave for "more" leads to polygamy.... There is nothing like what you just said

Dissatisfaction wasn't the reason he married the second wife, he just wanted more I guess!

If he was dissatisfied, he'd have divorced her.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Rapuru14: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2016
BlessedHay:
how many men in the new testament married more dan a wife? All the names given where in the old testament some even married more dan one wife after the commandments have been given but they atone for their sins by making sacrifices in which jesus was sent in the new testament to abolish such acts, so any man marrying more than a wife in this modern times, he would have to be prayerful because it is a grievous sin. I wish the man all the best
Some believe that the Old Testament of the Holy Bible is less of the holy scriptures.

But could you please state where the word of God stated that any man that has two wives has already been issued with Hell certificate, or
Are you just envying their supposed two wives ""

BlessedHay:
Some believe that the Old Testament of the Holy Bible is less of the holy scriptures.

But could you please state where the word of God stated that any man that has two wives has already been issued with Hell certificate, or
Are you just envying their supposed two wives ""

BlessedHay:

But could you please state where the word of God stated that any man that has two wives has already been issued with Hell fire certificate, or
Are you just envying their supposed two wives "enjoyment".

No, come out plain let's know how to help you.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ozimec(m): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

help move this to Front page please

Brother settle with the second wife and discharge her and maintain your first wife. That's what you need to do as a matter of restitution. Matt. 19 vs4. ...it stated that the two shall be one flesh..never three anything contrary is disobedience and can hinder your heavenly race. You can as well seek for more counseling from any of the Bible believing churches Thank me later
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by gebest: 11:44am On Oct 23, 2016
Those men u people are talking about are in the old testament, Jesus said in the begining he created them "male and female" not 'men and women' i rest my case
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by oluwaahmed: 11:46am On Oct 23, 2016
Pls can sme1 shw me wer in d bible it explicitly states dat it's a sin 2 hav more dan 1 wife?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Zedoo(m): 11:47am On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

Dissatisfaction wasn't the reason he married the second wife, he just wanted more I guess!

If he was dissatisfied, he'd have divorced her.

think about it, the obligation of kids nko?

Plus the first might have some virtues but lack some the second has in abundance...

Plus you just said he wanted "more"....dissatisfaction...
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by emmcrown(m): 11:48am On Oct 23, 2016
Well, I think you should rent an apartment for the second wife and make sure you perform your duties as the husband and father of your(her) children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Midgets Dance Happily And Sing Praises In Church (Photos, Video) / The Lords Chosen: Ex Cult Member, Robber, Drug Addict, Surrender To Jesus / Falling Down Under Anointing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.