Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? (25900 Views)

Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... / Why Do Legally Married Women Who Have Sex Not Considered Worthy By God? / Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by realmindz: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2016
BlessedHay:
how many men in the new testament married more dan a wife? All the names given where in the old testament some even married more dan one wife after the commandments have been given but they atone for their sins by making sacrifices in which jesus was sent in the new testament to abolish such acts, so any man marrying more than a wife in this modern times, he would have to be prayerful because it is a grievous sin. I wish the man all the best
God of the Old Testament is same as God of new testament.
God never changes, or does he? If he once allowed it, why sud he later reject it.

He is all knowing, remember? his plans are perfect, what he won't accept then he won't accept from the beginning.

It is immoral to chase away the mother of his children in the name of one law given to men
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by evansjeff(m): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2016
Coolgent:
Oga dont tear your family apart!
But in case you choose to... let me know when u divorce any one of them, cos am reading to marry her as my second wife.
NB: help me with her phone number too.
lol... I'm not really the one but this has always been in my thoughts for some time now, I just needed clarification

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by chingydaboss(m): 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
My brother, I can see u are ready to mak Heaven.. I rejoice with you ..your first wife is your original wife , d second one is not your wife. Call ur family together, talk to them dat u love them but you want all of them to mak heaven, thereby send ur second wife back to her father's house. Take responsibility of all ur children both form the first no second, .. Tell dem wen u married two women u were blind but you can now see..

God's standard can not be altered.. Everything will b okay..

God made them one man and one woman , and let no man put asunder..

God bless you..
evansjeff:
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

help move this to Front page please
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by lakesider(m): 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
my question is this : show me where it is clearly writing in d bible not to marry 2 wives .
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
it is better U keep ur mouth shut if U dont have understanding n stop misleading pple.
tempex88:
Based on doctrines preached by churches today, they will advice u to divorce the other wives and stick to the first one. However, based on my own understanding and interpretation, number of wife's married shouldn't stop u from entering God's kingdom. However, it will limit the role u can play in the church as u can not lead
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by evansjeff(m): 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
deeway200:
This is a lie, u can't be legally married to two wives except you have already divorced the first. Therefore, like tuface, ' say another one'
bro legally here means traditionally... and that's payment of bride price and other necessities.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
Zedoo:

think about it, the obligation of kids nko?

Plus the first might have some virtues but lack some the second has in abundance...

Plus you just said he wanted "more"....dissatisfaction...

You see aside the Islamic religion, and you dont plan to divorce, anything second wife downwards is like a gamble!

I'd think the right thing to do is stick with the first,
you can't say the second is perfect for you because at the time the first was perfect for you!

If it were me and the man actually prefers the second to me I'd like for him to let me go!! for both our happiness and peace of mind.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by exboyolu: 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Dear All.
My candid advice is to stick to your two wives. Just to be just among them and treat both fairly.

The idea of having more than one wife is not new. Several Chosen Prophets of God practiced it and they still found the face of God Almighty.
In fact the present doctrine of Christianity where they strongly disallowed polygamy does not have any scriptural basis. Christianity has created lots of confusion for people who might want to worship God sincerely (apology to my fellow Christians, i don't mean to offend anyone). Look at the issue of marriage, some Churches still believe that it is better not to marry. That is why you cannot not become Pope (or even Leaders in some churches like catholics) if you are married. These unauthorized practices has forced several people into secrete fornication or adultery.

There are several reasons why polygamy is the best option if you have the capability. Abraham , the father of faith practiced it and lots of other Prophets. So where did the strange of one wife one husband came from?

Several ladies would have been saved from the trouble of lack of husband if Xtienity allowed this God-approved marriage to more than one wives as He allowed His beloved Prophets to do.

Finally Dear brother, please stick to your wives. Divorcing at this time is not an option for you. You will end up creating more problem for your children. Do you even know which of the Children will be great personality in future and you are thinking of sacrificing such unique child upbringing due to unsupported doctrine of one man -one wife. A doctrine that is not in line with the nature of man and that does not looks practical except for few people.

For more guidance and possible followup do feel free to contact me privately.

Regards,
Professor
Expert in Family Counselling.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by wiseoneking: 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Zoharariel:
Don't be silly. Y worry yourself about a useless religion invented in Rome?

If I were you, I would marry 2 more concubines & curse any1 who dare challenges me. Let them expunge the marital life of king solomon from their useless holy book and then I'll take them seriously. grin

Abraham married 2 wives, Jacob married 2 wives, David married 2 wives & even commandeered Bathsheba from Uriah the hittite, Solomon married 300 wives + 700 concubines - and these were purportedly the men after Yahweh's heart - Pathetic! grin

Now, Gboromidelerus of Yahweh our Heavenly Father - you already know the deal. grin Flaming javelin of Ogun Lakaaye Oshimale straight to your heart. Thank Obatala, I just poured 1-litre of palm-oil on my Ogun this early MoMo. grin
Stop been chidish, Your writeup is ridden with abuses, curses etc, every thing shows your personality, age and maturity, enviroment, literacy level. All these names you mentioned are all under the old testament covenant but christianity is based on the new testament covenant. There is no support of polygamy in the new testament. The Op case is a different case that he should seek God's face to direct him knowing that God works in a miraculous way. May be if the second wife got born again, she may decide to leave in good faith. ETERNITY IS REAL.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
ochuciano:

Evader suspected

Meaning what, pls?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Foxxybrown: 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
Change your address . Simple.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Donemc(m): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

call your second wife and explain things to her,if you want to make heaven,do the needful
i pray God help you.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by greatjoey: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

My brother, the bible says : look unto Jesus, the author and the finisher of our faith....... Not into human doctrine or church doctrine. The bible also says, woe unto he who adds or subtracts from God's word. God is the God of yesterday, today and forever. No where in the bible did God stand in condemnation against polygamy. God Gave wives to David. Many renown men of God whom God referred to as His friends and men after His heart had more than one wife. Solomon had a handful of them before he encountered God and God did not tell him to divorce them. God is not an author of confusion. You commit a sin when you divorse anyone of them. God sees both of them as your rightful wives. Discountenance all false doctrines pls.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
I'm not married but my advice due to real life experiences around me,stick to your two wives...but are you emotionally,physically,spiritually,sexually n financially strong?

You have to be all these to be able to cater for two wives without causing grudges but only God is perfect in all ramifications... do not maltreat any of them n you must not be partial too.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Okite15(m): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
HARDDON:
What a dicey one!

If we send the younger one with her kids away like Abraham did( tru restitution), we might hv another form of ISIS n the likes. Even if we rent another apartment for them, care for them, how do we divorce her?
If we cant divorce her, how do we keep caring for all her needs (both emotionally n sexually?). We cant n unfortunately, another cant. What a limbo.

If we decide to maintain statues quo n just live like one big happy family, heaven might elude us.

Solution:

Explain to the younger one why u need to do this: dissolve the spiritually illegal marriage but make sure they lack nothing. Rent a nice apartment for them. That way, u wudnt owe her any sexual responsibility nor wud u bind her down from meeting n marrying another.
Even after that, care for ur kids

This is the only solution. OP, reject all others and stick to this. Don't let these "learned" NLs think they know more than God and the bible. Gods grace to you.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by ezugegere(m): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
In the Catholic Church you will be required to wed one of the women in the Church. You can choose any. You have to be sexually separated from the other but you have to take responsibility for her upkeep unless she decides to go and marry another man. If you're not ready for this condition, you're not a full member of the Church and hence cannot receive the Holy Communion.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by KingRex1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Wife no.1 is the original wife, you will have to let the second go.
Haba
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by tankoy: 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

if no pastor supports ur stay with the wives, go to Pastor Moses Alu of thebridesassembly, he will bless the marriage and you move on.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by DukeNija(m): 12:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

If you are focused on making heaven, rather than satisfying people around you or the society, then you have to do the unthinkable. Its one man, one wife.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Peachess(f): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
The last time I checked I didn't find any part of the Bible where it is stated that it is against Christianity to marry more than one wife. Look at David look at Solomon. Funny thing is that the Europeans embedded their culture in Christianity and after hundreds of years we (blacks) don't know the difference even now that we can read.
Just look at how some called 'Christians' can wed gay couples in church but frown against polygamy just because it's African. Be wise and don't be deceived. Even though I'm strongly against polygamy, the Bible doesn't tell us that polygamy is a sin

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by DukeNija(m): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
HARDDON:
What a dicey one!

If we send the younger one with her kids away like Abraham did( tru restitution), we might hv another form of ISIS n the likes. Even if we rent another apartment for them, care for them, how do we divorce her?
If we cant divorce her, how do we keep caring for all her needs (both emotionally n sexually?). We cant n unfortunately, another cant. What a limbo.

If we decide to maintain statues quo n just live like one big happy family, heaven might elude us.

Solution:

Explain to the younger one why u need to do this: dissolve the spiritually illegal marriage but make sure they lack nothing. Rent a nice apartment for them. That way, u wudnt owe her any sexual responsibility nor wud u bind her down from meeting n marrying another.
Even after that, care for ur kids

+100000

Its either he wants to make heaven or satisfy the society. The second marriage was not recognized by God in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Student125(m): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
wiseoneking:
Stop been chidish, Your writeup is ridden with abuses, curses etc, every thing shows your personality, age and maturity, enviroment, literacy level. All these names you mentioned are all under the old testament covenant but christianity is based on the new testament covenant. There is no support of polygamy in the new testament. The Op case is a different case that he should seek God's face to direct him knowing that God works in a miraculous way. May be if the second wife got born again, she may decide to leave in good faith. ETERNITY IS REAL.
bro if I get u right, it means if Christianity is based on new testament den u re nullifying everything the old testament says.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by gotnel: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Error, it's not advisable to send any of the wife away from the house. Since the husband was married to them before been born again, he should continue to be a good husband of his wives.
Salvation is certain once you are sure of your service to God almighty and to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by saintneo(m): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Assuming you are the second woman, what will you do if he divorces you?

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Peachess(f): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
Funny how blacks will keep on being fools for the white. Last time I checked there are a lot of polygamous people in the Bible. But I can't see one gay couple in the Bible but some so called 'Christians' Wed gay couples in the church, but they frown against polygamy because it's African. Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by calliope(f): 12:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

I'm not spewing "crap" sister, you're female too, speak like one. that's my opinion! when I say original I mean since she was the first then she should stay, just feels logical to me that's all.
So what happens to the other and her kids.. They deserve to be tossed out right? That's what your option entails if we look at it from the " logical" point of view.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
If to say man be God o...

some people here are not even married o,giving advises... you don't know the kinda trauma the second wife will go through mere not seeing her husband ,talk less of a divorce

let's look at this scenario, a man(Christian) marries a woman n for a long time,no fruit of the womb...he marries a second wife without the first wife knowing
the second wife gives birth
during this period the first wife also got pregnant n has a child at last
the man didn't leave the second wife,she has another baby

but...

he totally ignored her,doesn't visit n it leads to the woman having mental issues

who should be blamed?

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Okite15(m): 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
Tiny23:
If to say man be God o...

some people here are not even married o,giving advises... you don't know the kinda trauma the second wife will go through mere not seeing her husband ,talk less of a divorce

let's look at this scenario, a man(Christian) marries a woman n for a long time,no fruit of the womb...he marries a second wife without the first wife knowing
the second wife gives birth
during this period the first wife also got pregnant n has a child at last
the man didn't leave the second wife,she has another baby

but...

he totally ignored her,doesn't visit n it leads to the woman having mental issues

who should be blamed?

You are off point. dats not his scenario na
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

You see aside the Islamic religion, and you dont plan to divorce, anything second wife downwards is like a gamble!

you can't say the second is perfect for you because at the time the first was perfect for you!

If it were me and the man actually prefers the second to me I'd like for him to let me go!! for both our happiness and peace of mind.
the man never said he didn't enjoy peace living with both wives and kids. He's only seeking opinions of NL if he should discard one, now that he's a believer.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Zedoo(m): 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

Its hard to take....but if money dey....
And it also depends on the stage of life....

Lol.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
calliope:

So what happens to the other and her kids.. They deserve to be tossed out right? That's what your option entails if we look at it from the " logical" point of view.
Accepting to marry as a second wife to me is like a gamble, anything can happen, now something has happened, if he has to choose it should be the first.

that's my opinion, what's yours? that's if he is to choose?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
saintneo:

Assuming you are the second woman, what will you do if he divorces you?

Accepting to be a second wife is a gamble,in this circumstance, this gamble didn't play well for me, I will go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Three Midgets Dance Happily And Sing Praises In Church (Photos, Video) / The Lords Chosen: Ex Cult Member, Robber, Drug Addict, Surrender To Jesus / Falling Down Under Anointing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.