Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,888 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN (17014 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie At Paris Fashion Week (Photos) / Is Chimamanda Adichie A Racist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by edudguy(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2016
otukpo:
How?

I still don't understand this her influence.
Read her books from Half of a Yellow Sun to Purple Hibiscus especially Purple Hibiscus...that book is awesome...She takes you on a journey and you have no idea until towards the end (flashback)
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by MissingBudget: 8:46am On Oct 24, 2016
oluamid:
Nigerians have this overbloated ego of always wanting to be king/queen everywhere and the foreign media is feeding into that. Else, how would you say Chimamanda Adichie (no disrespect) is the most influential woman in Africa? What happened to the female presidents in the continents?

Being popular in Nigeria doesn't automatically translates to being popular in the whole of Africa. Nigeria is but a single country out of 52 and asides her population, she pretty much has nothing else going for it in the continent presently.

We need to get off our high horse and realize Nigeria isn't Africa. I doubt Chimamanda is even the most influential woman in her state not to talk of in whole of the country and least of all Africa.

The article is from CNN, bro, not NTA.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:50am On Oct 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

Nwanne I live in Owerri o, from Ikeduru. Whenever campaign kicks off, I will be available!

No probs Nwannem cool sure we all need everyone's support.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 24, 2016
MYND44 why are deleting my post because it exposed you..... lol, small boyz undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by oluamid(m): 8:55am On Oct 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

The article is from CNN, bro, not NTA.

If only you read my comment with the same enthusiasm with which you were quick to correct me. Tsk Tsk.

"Nigerians have this overbloated ego of always wanting to be king/queen everywhere and the foreign media is feeding into that."

That's the first sentence I wrote. So yeah I know it's CNN.

1 Like

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by fourthworld: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2016
padypadyng:
I haven't got the time t read any of her books, hearing she is the most influential woman in Africa, I most say that statement is absolutely wrong

Nigerians read without understanding. That's why we are governed by none entities drawing us backward to the caveman's age with the speed of light. The article doesn't say she's the most influential, it says one of the most influential women in Africa
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by PROWESX(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2016
i am not understanding

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2016
She is and one of my role models
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by queenesthr(f): 10:16am On Oct 24, 2016
edudguy:

Read her books from Half of a Yellow Sun to Purple Hibiscus especially Purple Hibiscus...that book is awesome...She takes you on a journey and you have no idea until towards the end (flashback)
That book is a complete waste of time.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Alwaystruth: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2016
Honestly our problem in this country is too much,from hatred to corruption..tribalism to sectionalism, religious to economic, from simple
understanding to simple comprehension. What the writer said here is '' one of the most influential women in Africa'' and not the most influential woman in Africa. I think youths of this country have problem with comprehension. I can tell you unequivocally that she is one of the most
influential women in the continent of Africa.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
lecksam:
This over_hype ogbanje lady..go sit don joor..Wats her impact in her home country?my English teacher better pass am..God bless u Mr Kofi..

If your supposed English Teacher is better than her, you would have written more acclaimed books than her.

but here you are..on a mediocre media platform like nairaland, spitting out gibberish from your mouth. you can't even construct the simplest of sentences.

Go and bury your head in shame.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
queenesthr:

The book is a complete waste of time because you're a complete waste of time and even space.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by nortcentrallord(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
trishapal:
Who is she influencing?

If she is not influencing anyone, then those people may be influenced by cossy and her likes.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by nortcentrallord(m): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
trishapal:
Who is she influencing?

If she is not good enough to influence some individuals then those individuals surely need the likes of cossy to get influenced.
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by nortcentrallord(m): 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
MrExcel:
Kwot! So she is more influential than Aisha Buhari or even SirLeaf who is even the president of Liberia? Anyways, make I ask , wetin be influential? (Bajju Pikin)

There is difference between "influential" and "popular"

Even in popularity, some people as close as Ghanian border don't even know Aisha. Ok, what is the name of the Ghanian president's wife

Who did Aisha influence except maybe bubu in "the other room"

1 Like

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by emeka2847: 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
"Most Influential" and "Most Powerful" are two very different things na

Chudichu:

Then why is Dangote one of the most powerful men in Africa? Been influential requires connection in place that matter, hold sway in serious places. Even our former minister of finance was once among the top most powerful people in the world. Adichie isn't exactly that popular in Africa as you say, although she has a voice, I also agree that sometimes connection isn't all this required to be influential. Like Beyonce and Co, but I think in Africa Adichie is still an upcoming name.

1 Like

Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by 0908admin: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
wetin consine me/
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by toye440: 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
Anybody get gari that I can use. Am starving
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by edudguy(m): 10:10am On Oct 25, 2016
undecided
queenesthr:

Purple Hibiscus? Are you sure you read the book...once you open it you just can't drop it....You are the first person that I know that has said Purple Hibiscus is a waste of time
Re: Is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie The Most Influential Woman In Africa Right Now?- CNN by HERSLEY(f): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mynd44:

Not even in the other room cheesy
Respect us please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Which African Writer Wrote Better Than Chinua Achebe? / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.