Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Living Dead. A Short Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Living Dead. A Short Story. (921 Views)

Either Way You're Dead, A Mystery Story Authored By Akweh John Ven / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / IMU-OZU( To inquire from the dead: A short story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living Dead. A Short Story. by Olusharp(m): 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
The story is a brain child of the above author and it is pure fiction..
Re: Living Dead. A Short Story. by Olusharp(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
Here I sit in my parlor, in my three bedroom flat looking plainly at my wife’s picture and my wife sitting before me, they are two distinct individuals in heart but the same in appearance. You are confused right? Don’t be, I am really dejected and feel like just ending all of this right now. I think I am going to commit suicide in the next few hours rather than to continue living this kind of life but before doing that I believe the whole world should know about my invention or should I say our invention, because it was something I and my father worked on, which is why I decided to put this into writing, if you are reading this I am dead.
Re: Living Dead. A Short Story. by Olusharp(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
Before I confuse you with a lot of things, let me tell you about myself, My name is Godfrey Josh, a 32year old man, I am a Professor of Neuroscience, my mother Hannah Josh was an Optician before she passed on to the yonder in 2000 due to some sickness we are yet to trace, my father Simon Josh, a genius, he has the brain, he is a professor of Robotical Sturdy, little wonder while I followed their line and also dive into science. How it all began, I lost my wife four years ago to a road accident, she was coming with our two year old daughter, as I heard, the driver was driving so fast than the car could go in an urge to carry the next passenger which is typical of drivers here in Bsamba Island, unknown to him there was a pit on the bridge they were traveling on, he crashed into the pit and they fell into the water by the side of the bridge and that was it, they all drown, it was a tragic loss for me, as I had sleepless night, I even had hallucinations seeing them beside me, I was going crazy, it was so bad that I was retrenched from my duty at Winminds Organization when they noticed I was losing concentration, after losing my job I fell to drinking, I drank anything and everything as long as it took away the sorrow in my ached heart but it was always short lived and immediately it wears out I fall back on the bottle again the and process is followed again. There was this night I was dead drunk and the thought of committing suicide came to me at least I should free myself of this sorrow, I was about grasping for what would have been my last breath when my father walked in, he was shocked as he quickly ran towards me to untie me, he knew my predicament..
Re: Living Dead. A Short Story. by Olusharp(m): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
The following day on the 26th February 2004, we sat down to converse on a high profile project, a project that was hard for an average human being to comprehend, only few people are a privy to this sensitive project, I, my dad and twenty other people on the whole planet were the only ones would knew about it all, I was dragged into it due to my knowledge in neuroscience, we were working in conjunction with the World Health Organization(WHO) an arm of the United Nations Organization. The project was code named “Operation Robotical 19”, this project received a lot of financial sponsorship from the United Nations, the purpose of this project was that by 2019 we would have been able to clone that is create a replica example of people into separate entity, that is no one will really die but will continue to exist in another form, what was needed was a prototype of the human brain which would then be transcribe into a computer language which we then be loaded into a robot, we created a machine to scan the human brain, it will scan everything one had done from child birth to the point of death, the scanning machine was named Maximum Scany, the major set back of this scanner was that it could only scan the brain of an individual who is about to die or that of a fresh corpse, although we only experimented using animals. Later on the UNO directed that the project should be put on hold due to dearth of fund, the project was almost getting to completion stage, immediately it was halted we all went our separate ways with an oath of not saying out anything about it to the public.
Re: Living Dead. A Short Story. by Olusharp(m): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
It was on the 26th of February 2004, that my father brought up the idea again that we should build a robotic person that looks exactly like my wife, we started our small project in an underground in our home, since my father was a robotic engineer it was easy for him to draw from his wealth of experience to create the metallic robot. The problem was how we were going to get the brain to load since my wife had died four years ago, her corpse would have long decayed, then we started thinking of the brain we were going to use and since the UNO was against what we were up to there was no way we were going to get anyone who was willing to let us scan their brain, we started looking for fresh corpse at last we found one of a female we hardly knew from Adam, we scanned her brain and loaded it into our robotic device, it came alive, I was so happy , she could do anything except for satisfying my libidinous urge which didn’t matter so long she or should I say it made me happy, the re-union was wonderful but we never let her out lest people start asking silly questions.. For months things were going smoothly, then she started acting strange, she started portraying her own behaviors, the behavior of the person whose brain we scanned, always angry at little things, she killed my father when he was trying to hold her back from destroying an important artifact, she barely listens to me again ,I learnt something after the demise of my father which was “we can never be God, an imperfect creation wanting to create a perfect creation is totally impossible.” As of now I have refuse to charge her battery and she is down looking at me, as I look at her and the picture of my dead wife, I wish I could turn back the hand of time.. The End

(1) (Reply)

Gossip Magazines Of The Past / Where Can I Download Hillsong MP3 / ZOMBIE NATION : (EXODUS) COMING SOON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.