Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (211965 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Johnsown1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Wow another wonderful story up their @ rachealfst.
But i think u should not write in a rush, read it over again before posting it dear, cos there are little errors in ur make up, please don't keep me waiting for long cos i want to read more.

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
Daniluv2k4:
Chai.grin see Aw this dude disappointed me I no De miss such free entrance Lailai... I De mad ni be u anoda or no anoda man's land, I go find my way to my phone record our conversations in proper should the case of... TBC
ROTFL
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
Johnsown1:
Wow another wonderful story up their @ rachealfst.
But i think u should not write in a rush, read it over again before posting it dear, cos there are little errors in ur make up, please don't keep me waiting for long cos i want to read more.
Noted, thanks.
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Angelinastto(f): 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
I was not invited but i am here! I love your work babe! Keep it coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Horlorlardaey: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2016
i I fail to comment at thus stage then I don't deserve to be on this forum!.
rachealfst!!! you're dah bomb kip it up me I yam personally enjoying this.
but something is telling me Emmanuel may come to hunt wemmy.
lemme kip my tots to myself
waiting for update *sits with my kunu and gala* front seats yaff full

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Johnsown1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ucnwafor and cherrybrown,laveda and ritababe u guys may like to read this
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Angelinastto:
I was not invited but i am here! I love your work babe! Keep it coming.
Wow! I'm honoured, you are powerfully welcome.Thanks.
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Horlorlardaey:
i I fail to comment at thus stage then I don't deserve to be on this forum!.

rachealfst!!! you're dah bomb
kip it up
me I yam personally enjoying this.

but something is telling me Emmanuel may come to hunt wemmy.

lemme kip my tots to myself

waiting for update
*sits with my kunu and gala*
front seats yaff full
Thanks,I'm glad you liked it
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2016
I FELL IN LOVE : EPISODE 13

We finished our youth service successfully to the glory of God, it’s not easy but we came, we saw and we conquered.

At least I finished with two certificate, NYSC and that of my fashion school, I’m now a certified fashion designer.

“Eko state here I come” I said to myself while packing my bags and baggages. I’ve missed home and my beau like….I can’t wait to see them.

Six months after NYSC I got a job, Feranmi got his earlier before me, he got a very job, in fact we had to celebrate it. Things were going on well for the both of us.

Feranmi called at my house one Saturday evening, he brought a bowl of ice cream along with him, he stayed briefly and left. I settle down to drink the ice cream, I opened the cover and saw something shining on the surface. It was a ring.

“Oh my God, Is the this what I think it is"

I was super excited, I picked my phone hurriedly and gave him a call

“Hello Feranmi” I said with enthusiasm

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want you in my future and the future is now. Marry me Oluwawemimo Arike Olatunji

“Yes I will marry you” I said jumping

“Thank you for making me the most happiest man in the whole universe, I promise to love and cherish for the rest of my days”

“Feranmi….. I’m short of words right now, but I already gave you my heart a long time ago”

“Hmm, thanks”

“I like your style though, it was romantic, but It's just that I did not get to see you get on your knee” I said teasingly.

“I will go down on two knees, if that’s what you want my love“

“I’m just pulling your legs, in fact I don’t really like the routine proposal”

“Really!”

“Yes, I’ll talk to you later, I need to go now”

“Announcement time right”

“You are just too smart, you got it”

“Bye my wife to be”

“Seriously !”

“Seriously”

“OK then, bye”

I wore my engagement ring and dashed out of my room to share the good news with my family members. I put a call through to Thessy.

“Thessy Guess what?”

“You are engaged” Thessy replied gleefully

“NRC(witch) how do you find out? I asked jokingly.

“How won’t I know, in fact I’ve been expecting this news since, I wonder what you guys are still waiting for, since you already have a job”

“You are unbelievable”

“Congrat my dear, I’m so happy for you”

“Thank you, you are next in line”

“Amen, I’ll call Feranmi to congratulate him. I’m officially in charge of aso ebi o”

“Before nko” we both laughed

“Thanks, later”

“Alright, bye”

We commenced our wedding plans, first the intromimo(introduction) like my Thessy used to call it, right after the introduction the wedding date was fixed.

Feranmi got a there bedroom flat on the mainland, I assisted with the interior decor and every other thing was going on smoothly as planned.

We were on break in the office one fateful day, when I got a call from my fiance, he told me to come over to his place after work, I noticed he didn’t sound Feranmi.

“Sweetheart, what’s the problem you don’t sound good”

“All is well, I’ll be expecting you.
I'll see you later” he said and the line went off.

He knew I would be worried and he can’t even do me the honours of sharing whatever is eating him up, who does that? I said to myself.

Now seriously I was scared, I only go to his place on weekends, so for him to tell me to come in the middle of the week got me worried. Then I remembered he said all is well, so I decided to dwell on that.

TBC

Good morning everyone, have a blessed day.

#GodblessNigeria
#Woman Crush Wednesday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 02, 2016
have been following since d post appeared on the front page. I'm sharing it with my friends and they love it. More pls ASAP...
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by vikturaikay(m): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2016
Keep it up girl. U r good. I think at dis stage things may soon fall apart

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by bossy512(f): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Thump up for u my sister, nice update, thanks

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Hardybattee45: 9:27am On Nov 02, 2016
I am feeling you rachealfst...... U are the best....... Tanx for updating

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by cameeeeel(m): 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
i only check and check for the update...thanks for today..waiting impatiently for d remaining part of d story.

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by cherrybrown(f): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Johnsown1:
Ucnwafor and cherrybrown,laveda and ritababe u guys may like to read this
Thank you
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by ROYH(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Babsopey:
Don't do one episode per day, update as many as you can per day for now.
Irony Of Life, You That You Barely Updates This Days And Meanwhile, Your Updates Is One Per Day Except For Yesterday Which You Updated Two Updates And In Other News, You Even Had To Took Two Days LEAVE ..
rachealfst, I Dey Gbadun You Jawe, More Wisdom To Your Brain..

#DutiesME
theblessedman, Mrlemuel, tgold1, smartestpopqueen, laikas, yorhme/yourhmenerd, fobiflex, Fifahkuel, Smarday, countrygirl, sir beenuel, opeoluwa99 , Have You Guys Ever Fall In Love, If Not , Come And Fall In Love With rachealfst OHHH
BUSTED CHITIZEN[/b]felsunseg(m), siralexis(m), sirblero(m), Tommylayor, and 7 guest(s)
Comment And Say Cheap Thank Your For Our Dear OP, Don't Be A Ghost When You Never Die, Practice Makes Perfection They Say, Being A [b]Ghost/Silent
Reader While Life Is Still Their Surely Means One Thing, So My Guys, *Giving Them "Commenting" Pills* Start Showing The Work Of My Pills Busted Nigger's, You're Pant Down grin cheesy tongue cheesy grin grin
[size=50pt]DA UNDISPUTED #T34M H3RO[/size]

4 Likes

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Horlorlardaey: 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
rachealfst:
Thanks,I'm glad you liked it
smiles

2 Likes

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
ROYH:

Irony Of Life, You That You Barely Updates This Days And Meanwhile, Your Updates Is One Per Day Except For Yesterday Which You Updated Two Updates And In Other News, You Even Had To Took Two Days LEAVE ..

#DutiesME
theblessedman, Mrlemuel, tgold1, smartestpopqueen, laikas, yorhme/yourhmenerd, fobiflex, Fifahkuel, Smarday, countrygirl, sir beenuel, opeoluwa99 , Have You Guys Ever Fall In Love, If Not , Come And Fall In Love With rachealfst OHHH
BUSTED CHITIZEN[/b]felsunseg(m), siralexis(m), sirblero(m), Tommylayor, and 7 guest(s)
Comment And Say Cheap Thank Your For Our Dear OP, Don't Be A Ghost When You Never Die, Practice Makes Perfection They Say, Being A [b]Ghost/Silent
Reader While Life Is Still Their Surely Means One Thing, So My Guys, *Giving Them "Commenting" Pills* Start Showing The Work Of My Pills Busted Nigger's, You're Pant Down grin cheesy tongue cheesy grin grin
ROTFL, thanks. Please free babsopey o
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by akinkudin: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
The story is developing...read in the morning. nice

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Babsopey(m): 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
ROYH:

#DutiesME

My brother. You should understand there is a reason for my break. I type with phone presently and this made it slow. Currently my composition has met my typing which means I need to quickly compose more in writing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Oyinprince(m): 9:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
rachealfst:
Nice Story!

I've only read to the 2nd page tho, so I don't know if someone else has given you the suggestions I'm about to make.

Do try to stick to your first person narrative, in fact I think this should have just been written in third person.
Sometimes, you also switch the narrator from Wemmy (whom I believe should be the narrator) to other characters.
Also, take note of your tenses and don't always rush to update, make sure you proofread.

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
Oyinprince:
Nice Story!

I've only read to the 2nd page tho, so I don't know if someone else has given you the suggestions I'm about to make.

Do try to stick to your first person narrative, in fact I think this should have just been written in third person.
Sometimes, you also switch the narrator from Wemmy (whom I believe should be the narrator) to other characters.
Also, take note of your tenses and don't always rush to update, make sure you proofread.
Thanks so much, points noted.@oyinprince
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by ROYH(m): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
Babsopey:

My brother. You should understand there is a reason for my break. I type with phone presently and this made it slow. Currently my composition has met my typing which means I need to quickly compose more in writing. Sorry for the inconvenience.
i Understood Bro, Walahi Just That That Story Of Yours Is Getting Me Intoxicated And I'm Wanting More ...
NoAddFeelings Oga Barnabas Opeyemi Abi Na What
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by stardomberry: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
what happened to that nice good hearted emmanuel? I hope he was successful too.?
Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 8:34am On Nov 03, 2016
I FELL IN LOVE : Episode 14

I got to his apartment and he kind of look different.

“You don’t look fine to me, are you sick?”

“I’m not sick, how was your day?”

“Fine, but your face looks gloomy”

“Sit down and calm down”.

“Wemmy, I have some news for you but I’m sorry it’s not a good one”

Now I’m on my feet again, my heart did some Skyrocketing.

“Sit Wemimo” he said and I obeyed.

Fear griped me as I remember hearing stories of guys who break up with their fiancee few months, weeks, or even days to their wedding.

God so I’m here to get a break up speech, or did he impregnate someone, since we are in a no-sex-before-marriage kind of relationship, no it can’t be. This were all the thought going on in my head. The letter he pointed at me brought me back from reverie. Now I refuse to sit.

“Noooooo…..God no…this can’t be happening to us, after everything we’ve been through! A sack letter! A month to our wedding! My legs are now shivering and at that moment I knew standing up was a bad idea, i crashed on the tiled floor and wept bitterly, I wept like a child that just lost her mother

“Wemimo its OK, everything we be fine, I will get another job”

“It’s not Ok, is this the price I have to pay for what I did to Emmanuel” I said in tears.

“Don’t talk like that baby, that has nothing to do with this, whatever will be will be”

“No I think I’m paying for my sins, was it my fault that I fell in love, who says love don’t cause a thing”

I went to the bathroom to wash my face I stood in front of the mirror for a while.

“Wemimo Olatuni Arike Ade, you have to be strong for him, he needs you now than ever” I said to myself and left the bathroom.

I returned to the sitting room, and joined him on the sofa, I sat quietly beside him.

“What happened exactly? I asked

“My boss just called me into his office and handed me the sack letter, he said he’s sorry, that my services are no longer needed. I pleaded with him, I even told him about the wedding which he knew already, but he said the instruction was from the head office”

“So what are your plans now” I asked

“I think we should put the wedding on hold for now”

“Sweetheart, this might sound funny and ridiculous, but I feel we should go ahead with the wedding”

“What! Without a job?”

“I have a job and my fashion work too on the other hand, all we need do is to cut our excesses”

“Do you know what the God says about a man who can’t provide for his household?”

“This is a different case, u had a job, you just lost it”

“Before marriage”

“….That has been fixed my dear, God hates stagnation and so we are moving forward”

“Baby where is all this coming from, are you sure about this?”

“Yes I’m sure"

"I still have some money in my bank account to run the wedding, but how are we going to cope after the wedding"

"We'll use my salary to maintain ourselves till you get another job. I know to get a job is no child’s play in this country but I believe God will make a way for us, He has so many ways where we don’t have one”

“Yeah”

“One more thing oko iyawo,(bridegroom) this must be between us,not even our family members must know about this”

“Atleast let’s inform our parent”

“People will discourage us, don’t you get. Let’s just go ahead with our plans to avoid stories that touch”

“Are you not scared Wemimo?”

“Of course, I am”

“Baby I want to take care of you,this has always been my dream, I want to pamper you, provide for our home and not the other way round”

“And who says you won’t, you will, when you get a job. May be this is just a test for our love. Feranmi I will marry you whether you have a job or not, I don’t Care how much you have in your bank account, all I want is you.

“Oluwawemimo I love you before now, but right now I love you more, I feel like I have everything, I feel like I lost nothing. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you"

“One more thing, let’s cancel our honey moon trip in order to cut down expenses”

“No way, I can’t deprive you of that”

“You can show me the world when you get a job” she said.

“Where did I get this kind of understanding woman from?”

“From God”

“Come here” he pulled me closer and hugged me." What will I do without you, your words of encouragement make my mountain plain"

I smiled, but deep down in me, I doubt the efficacy of my words.

I got home that evening, locked myself up in my room and cried to God.

God I seek your face concerning this marriage and you told me to go ahead, so why is all this happening to us, we even neglect our lustful desires just to keep the marriage bed undefiled. I was still lamenting when a verse in the scripture dropped in my heart.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts”

I fetched my phone in my bag and inserted my hands free. I search for a song titled I’ll Say Yes by Brooklyn Tarbernacle Choir and listened.

I’ll say yes Lord
I’ll say yes
To your will Lord
I’ll say yes
Where you lead me I will go
I’ll say yes Lord
I’ll say yes

I sang along in tears, by the time I repeated the track thrice, I felt peace within me, my heart was filled with joy I couldn’t explain.

I undressed, took my bath, had dinner and slept like a little child.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Hardybattee45: 9:52am On Nov 03, 2016
Wemimo I will not cry cry cry cry cry cry................well done rachealfst

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by sirblero(m): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2016
Hardybattee45:
Wemimo I will not cry cry cry cry cry cry................well done rachealfst
Even Me.... Rachealfst U've Agt Dis Talent In U I Mst Say... U've Benn Doin Great From D Onset.. Keep It Coming Dr...More Ideas!

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by akinkudin: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
New twists..nice one rachealfst..still following

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Angelinastto(f): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
The God that answerth by fire and provideth a job. Help our to be husband! Well done dear! Take 2 bottles of kunu to relax!
WAITING FOR UPDATE THO

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by Fidelismaria: 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
cry SO NOBody could mention me to cum nd eat eh? hope emmanuel is not d one behind d sack cos i hate a sore looser

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by sotozo(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2016
take a bottle of this chilled Kunu.... Your story is cool

1 Like

Re: I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) by rachealfst(f): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
Angelinastto:
The God that answerth by fire and provideth a job. Help our to be husband! Well done dear! Take 2 bottles of kunu to relax!
WAITING FOR UPDATE THO
Amen o and thanks for d kunu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

My Aunt And I / why my blood is black. extremely 18+ / Kiss Me One More Night - Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.