Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

A Frustrated Woman - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Frustrated Woman (76993 Views)

'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Frustrated Woman by princefaculty(m): 6:59am On Oct 26, 2016
You've said it all, he never loved you... you got pregnant just to tie him down and he's not happy with that so he's showing it in his reactions. He may do that all the days, months and years that you guys will ever spend together but I'm sure with farvent prayers and probably the coming of his baby may turn the tide around.
So carry your cross while it last
Re: A Frustrated Woman by HabaSeun: 7:02am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
I will try my best not be biased about our story and if you have any questions to ask please do.

I met him last year December precisely and we both work in the same office, we became best of friends but he was in a relationship (distant) and I was single.
We were really close because we both were new in town with no family around and then I fell in love with him and opened up about my feelings to him but he said he was in a relationship.

I was hurt but I held my head up and moved on. I started mingling with other male colleagues and then he became jealous and so I confronted him about it (still loved him) and u also told him to choose between us and he said he wants me. His decision was based on the fact that the other lady was far away, he thought she was promiscuous and she is an OND holder etc (I got to find out about this later).

We moved in together because of financial stress and talked about getting married next year... Late June this year I found out he had not broken up with the other lady, confronted him about it and he settled the issue.

I got pregnant July and he asked for an abortion, I insisted on keeping the baby with or without marriage.. He finally accepted to marry me and proceeded to tell my parents(he later said I forced him to that). He accused me of so many things and called me different names.

He traveled to his hometown and informed his parents about it all and met with the lady. On his return, he said the lady gives him peace and if I lose this pregnancy he will go back with her and that he loves her but he is just getting married to me because he respects my family and do not want to bring shame to me at work.

I cried, prayed and endured it all. Two weeks ago his family came for the introduction and the wedding has been fixed for December but I'm not happy.

I'm a shadow of myself, he feels disgusted by my presence and I can't say anything without him getting angry. I used to nag and quarrel a lot but I've stopped, even when I'm angry I just walk away.

He does not care about me and this pregnancy and if I tell him I'm sick or tired or anything, he will just say that I'm not the first to get pregnant and that it's when I push the baby he will take responsibility.

I have tried my best and I'm confused, last night I called him peacefully to ask him what I'm doing wrong but he said I'm disturbing him. I used to call his parents and my parents to intervene but he said I should stop that and I have stopped.

Please what can I do to save our relationship, it's not easy for me . this is not the man I fell in love with help me and please I need your advice because I am ready to do anything.

I want my child to have a normal family.

Even if d marriage is next week, its not too late to call it off. You haven't said "I do" yet.

There have been many good advices already. For that baby's sake, don't go ahead with that marriage.

A child of a single parent is far more balanced that a child from a broken marriage.

A broken relationship Is better than a broken marriage.

Its not too late yet!

2 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Acheron: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2016
Ujoan:

What if it's a girl and looks like her mother? ? undecided
Madam, gender doesn't matter.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by franugo(m): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2016
Dyt:

Now I believe that story of birthing twice
I think I remember you well enough

what d hell are you guys talking about
Re: A Frustrated Woman by AuroraB(f): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2016
On the flip-side wink Where are those boys waiting to be "asked-out" undecided
I want to pummel you till y'all become the MAN you should be angry

cheesy make I see una encourage another gullible sister again grin

OP, I no wan talk to you on this marra as the earliest posters have done justice to it all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Frustrated Woman by comtem2011: 7:05am On Oct 26, 2016
Mimzyy:
It's not you that I actually pity, it's the innocent one on the way. I wish u well. Ori Okere koko lawo...
Eni awi fun oba je o gbo!
Re: A Frustrated Woman by excel101(m): 7:06am On Oct 26, 2016
From your statements you claimed that the guy was the very wrong, and there wasn't any part u were wrong (you're perfectly right). Before. I need to hear from him cos there's always 2 side to a story.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by excel101(m): 7:07am On Oct 26, 2016
From your statements you claimed that the guy was the very wrong, and there wasn't any part u were wrong (you're perfectly right). Before. I need to hear from him cos in life there's always 2 side to a story.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by gameboyo: 7:07am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

I'm at uyo.

Thank you so much
Sorry about that. Uyo is a kinda mind ur bizness location, hence I guess no one will bug u with so much stuff.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by JAtoms: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
I heard they do not give maternity leave to women that are not married where I work.

Well when just move on, you will still get all the necessary help you need. See it as a problem you are to solve.
If you can remain strong, your child will forever be a backbone to you.
REMEMBER TO LEARN FROM THIS MISTAKE.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

Thank you Ma. He can't move out because he has no where to go and he is broke. It's a two bedroom apartment and we have separate rooms.

Should I stop cooking? For both of us
I don't believe that bastard is broke. Don't you guys earn same salary? What is he spending his money on?. Trust me, he's saving his money. I know his type.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by olenime(m): 7:15am On Oct 26, 2016
I'm so sorry to say this: can't u just abort this baby? And move on. I'm deeply sorri.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by enasgreat: 7:18am On Oct 26, 2016
Ashawoooo

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Teedawg: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
Thank you everybody for your sincere opinion. I believe I will move on with my child alone.

Please how do I overcome the shame at work because I can't quit now, I need the money.

Are you really gonna live your live based on some ordinary strangers thought and idea seriously yes its good to seek advice but this is your life its he's baby he has to help you take care of the baby .how I wish child support was taken seriously here like the USA all men will be thinking twice before laying in bed with a woman even your wife self . if he doesn't love you back don't force yourself on him just make sure he' support you and the child how will he tell you to abort when you don't agree with it you're a matured woman now aborting babies would be the last thing you wanna do.you will find a man that will accept you and your child just concentrate on your work and see how you can be and independent woman Men will start lookin for you to take care of not only your baby..We all make mistakes #DontJudgeNobody
Re: A Frustrated Woman by doll912(f): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

Thank you Ma. He can't move out because he has no where to go and he is broke. It's a two bedroom apartment and we have separate rooms.

Should I stop cooking? For both of us

Yes, stop cooking... stop everything. Get him out of your life. Don't marry a man that doesn't love you. Oh gosh! I don't know you but I feel so sad for you right now. The only way you can move on is with him out. You both made mistakes but make it your decision to right the wrongs.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by kayzat: 7:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
I have decided to have one final discussion with him.

I know some of you want me to hold on but I believe my sanity is my priority.

If he decides to keep the home I'll stay but if he truly does not want to marry me, I'll move on with my life and my baby.

I'll raise money and get a new apartment but I won't quit my job.

Thank you all for your words.

It may not be the final discussion but you actually need that heart to heart talk with him. let him do most of the talking and listen attentively ( You can even codedly tape the discussion so u can be sure) .

Something in me is telling me he will still end up a wonderful Daddy for your kid but I'm not sure of him being a great husband sha.

I'll put you in my prayer and may God Almighty lead you and your guy right.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nimoomosuli: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2016
My dear, a lot have been said already and I wouldn't want to rehash most of the points raised. Whatever piece of advice you have received on this platform is to some extent useful. Everyone has contributed based on their experience and exposures in life. Having been married for more than 15 years to my heartthrob and friend of 20 years, I believe I have some experience with men.
From your description of how the guy now relates with you at home it is quite clear that he feels boxed up and 'could' be silently wishing for a magic spell to turn things back in time. While it may seem unheard of (especially in a place like Nigeria) for a 'pregnant' bride to call off a wedding, I will still strongly recommend that you make attempts to stop the arrangements for any marriage by this December. Rather than let him marry you grudgingly and ‘out of pity or in the name of protecting your family’s name’ and you’re the unhappy one for it all, I will suggest you put things straight once and for all. Seek his audience respectfully and let him know you want to put the marriage on hold (don’t say you don’t want to marry him) until you safely have your baby and to give him chance to discover whether he truly loves you or not. Try to put your feet down and give him the feelings that you don't intend to snare him into marriage by getting pregnant and that you are willing to move on with or without him. As you speak to him, watch out for his body language and expression and if there will be any transformation in him. If he easily agrees to call off the wedding then you know he's not meant for you. Don't worry yourself so much about tongues that will wag at the news (believe me the rumour mill will stop and everything will go back to normal). It is not going to be the end of the world. You can pick up back on your life once the baby is safely here.
However, if he still wants the marriage to take place (be careful not to accept the ‘out of pity and family name saving’ reasons. Let him convince you why he still want you to get married to him apart from those dumb reasons) then know that you are destined to be together regardless of the circumstances that brought you together. If getting married is the ‘final word’, then avoid dotting too much on him. Give him the chance to show you love rather than you asking him to. Doing this will help you both in the long run. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying you shouldn’t show him love. I am just advising that you be yourself (at least you are in love with him, right?) Act normal toward him. Do things expected of you as a wife and God will see you through this trying period.

2 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by delerx(m): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2016
Don't tell me you r stl giving out ur cookie jar.
ifyalways:

Well, you can plead with him to move out seeing as you now disgust him. If he ever loved you and is humane enough, he should do that atleast for you but if he refuses, tough luck, try to co-exist as a room mate with him and please NEVER give him the cookie jar again.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by lurdkriss: 7:29am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

I also heard there is no maternity leave for women that are not married where I work.
Dats not fair, the fact remains that ur pregnant,whether ur married or not should be non of their business, does it make any difference if a pregnant woman is married or not? Abi pregnant woman wey never marry dey carry her own belle for back?

Doesn't make no sense to me undecided

I'm really sorry bout ur situation,im sure ur gonna be fine,d guy doesn't love u so I won't advice u to go ahead with d marriage cus wat he is showing u now is small compared to wat u will see when he finally gets married to u.

Ppl shld learn to take responsibility for their actions.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by fabienjoe: 7:30am On Oct 26, 2016
'I used to nag and quarrel a lot' Your own words. That's a deal breaker and certainly why he feels the other woman 'gives him peace'.I've come across several women and nothing puts a guy off more than nagging and quarrels. Suspend the marriage indefinitely. Think about your baby. Give the guy space. He needs a clear head to comprehend things. He would find out it was you he needed after all, especially seeing your child...Trouble is, he may have been married to another by then. But that is not the end of your life. Give your child the best. You would meet another man. Having one child under the circumstances described won't be a barrier. More importantly, STOP NAGGING and QUARRELLING. You destroy relationships with that. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by franugo(m): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
Thank you all for your words.

I don't want to call off the engagement because he says I don't understand his personality, he is not romantic and I want a fairy-tale romance and he can't do that.

My mother says my pregnancy hormone is making me overreact.

My dad says out state of finance is affecting us.

His parents say I should tolerate him.

I still do love him and I can't explain why, He is not a bad person but I feel he does not love me. I do not want to anyone to get married to me out of pity and that's why I was asking for a solution.

He assist with the chores at home and bills. He does not keep late nights and he is always at home with me but he just wants to be alone always and I feel like he is irritated by me.

He says I demand too much attention from him.

I actually want to plan the wedding together but he is like he does not care and I should do the planning while he will look for the money...

He is 32years and I'm 23years.

you are 23yrs and you felt d best thing to do as a 23YR old was to move in with a man? did ur parents even know dt u were moving in with him at d time?
cc maamaa
Re: A Frustrated Woman by 4reala(m): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:

Thank you because this is indeed the hard truth.
so Sist. Wat will be ur action towards d Hard truth?
Re: A Frustrated Woman by abbeyty(m): 7:39am On Oct 26, 2016
people are just making it seems like the guy was married to the other lady and she snatched him away from her, i know the young girl made some mistake she should just brace herself up and move on with her life cuz the deed has been done
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 26, 2016
MizMyColi:

What Shame Ma?

Is it that of what people will say?
Or will your company sack you because you didn't do marriage yet and you're pregnant?

If it is that of what people will say and how they will view you, I admit it is not easy but you have to hold your head high come what may.

You need to be strong. No matter the shame you feel, do not let it show. It is when they see you are ashamed that they will try to hurt you more, but if you form badoo/ode shi, they can only try.

Hope you don't have a close pal that knows all your secrets at work?
If you do, now would be the best time to cut off by limiting what you say. And if you must talk, apply wisdom.

Let the Child you are carrying be one of the focal points of your joy.

Stay away from people who remind you of the past and try to dump their negative energies on you.

Mistakes have been made, lessons learned (I believe).

Now, Move ON.
I just love reading your posts lol, speaking sense since the days of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,common sense
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Richiy(f): 7:40am On Oct 26, 2016
Nairalanders in Uyo should reach out to her please. We need each other, especially in times like this.

Cc maaamaaa
Re: A Frustrated Woman by melejo(m): 7:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Maaamaaa:
Thank you everybody for your sincere opinion. I believe I will move on with my child alone.

Please how do I overcome the shame at work because I can't quit now, I need the money.
Please you don't need to quit the job. Self-pity is destructive. You owe no one any explanation. Which shame are you talking about? Pregnancy? No, you are not the first person to be pregnant out of wedlock and you're not going to be the last. Stop the wedding processes as you've been advised, read good books, associate with positive minds, get yourself a counsellor. This issue your seeing as though heaven and earth will pass away will soon become part of your life's story. Those colleagues yours at work that you're ashamed of facing might not be better than you. The deed is done, though irreversible but can be effectively managed. Please don't think of quiting the job, both loneliness and lack are suicidal. If you don't mind please respond to my ping
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Evangdanyno2017(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2016
Life without christ is in crisis. The bible said abstain from al appearance of sin 1Thess 5:22. What wil be the foundation of marriage? Who wil be the cynosure of ur marriage?. History repete itself whn people fail to learn. The foundation is wrong anytin u are going to build may not stand the test of time and may demand ur life later. Go to God in sincere repentance, he wil 4give u and redesign u to fit ur purpose in life. Dont mind wht people pray to ur creator he wil nt forsake or leave u.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by abbeyty(m): 7:50am On Oct 26, 2016
lurdkriss:
Dats not fair, the fact remains that ur pregnant,whether ur married or not should be non of their business, does it make any difference if a pregnant woman is married or not? Abi pregnant woman wey never marry dey carry her own belle for back?

Doesn't make no sense to me undecided

I'm really sorry bout ur situation,im sure ur gonna be fine,d guy doesn't love u so I won't advice u to go ahead with d marriage cus wat he is showing u now is small compared to wat u will see when he finally gets married to u.

Ppl shld learn to take responsibility for their actions.

that is Nigeria for you, you keep wondering what is the job of our so called labour union if it cant protect the right of workers who find themselves in this kind of situation

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2016
Can u really move on if that guy is still in your house? I mean share apartment.

No doubt you still love him till now.
How can you move on with such feelings?
It's like running while looking back.

Some couples actually started like this. Some of them right now are good and some not good.

But that guy doesn't even resemble your husband if u ask me. How did I know? Oh ho!

Yours is on his way!

Just keep ur head high. All the best.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:52am On Oct 26, 2016
Mayflowa:

You don't know men. These are presumption. A man will go for any girl, just any girl whether poor or rich, beautiful or ugly if the lady show him interest. How many men can resist a woman? you know why? Getting woo by a woman doesn't happen to us everyday even compliment is hard to get from a lady. So we are beguiled anytime we hear such. Why do you think young girls fall quickly for scope? They are easy prey until they become use to boys' deception.

Another secret, many men develop cold finger whenever they are going into marriage. Some are even at the blink of calling it off while the bride goes on shopping spree oblivious of the fight going on on her fiance mind. Why? Men don't want to be taken. They keep assuming there is a better person out there. Men are chief crier over lost girlfriend and if given the chance, they soon realized the other girl is worse than who they with.

we are prisoner of our mind but time wear all of these and we soon grow to love our spouse. So this guy will come around if she knows how to neglect him but take care of his things and food.The guy nor get level. him wey never fit pay rent dey talk how he wan to marry anoda girl!
Because of you na im I log in. For real, that guy nor get level hahahahaha! He just needs to feel he has control of things, not being pushed by circumstances into where he is heading. Once he has that in his head he will come around fully, and her attitude towards him is what will make that happen. If she is not aborting the pregnancy I think she should work with what she has if he is willing irregardless of his present confusion and bewilderment. That guy actually needs her to get his life together; him and his scattered financial state. Soon he will realize what an asset she is to him and let her be the treasurer of the relationship; that guy wey no sabi manage money. He also needs friends who will let him see this as a positive rather than a negative.
All these people shouting upadan that she should raise the baby on her own, the world is not a kind place to a single mother. First you have to live your life with people judging you everywhere you go while looking for a man who can love you with your child. Then you have to think about loving his own children too because he will most likely also be a single father. The work ahead is no small work.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by gonkraziiiiii: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Hard truth is

1) u knew he had a girl n u still followed at ur own risk

2)belle enter....oga said remove...he doesn't and wld never love u or forgive u for what ur doing...

.3)d marriage....u wld regret everyday cos u wld not be happy so pls call it off....he hasn't married u he is treating u like dis....marriage is to be enjoyed not endured oooo....

4) d innocent baby....pls keep d baby cos he/she is a blessing....am married n yet to have kids o but ur blessed even doe u don't like d conditions....if he agrees to take care of d baby pls kip d baby n be happy don't marry him n be sad forever....forever is a long time to be unhappy...

.5)shame or people talking--people must talk o whether u do good or bad....all u have to do is keep ur head up high and when dey c u don't care about dier talks dey wld shut up....if Ppl ask u abt d father u must not say its d guy Na...must everyone know ur problem

6)work....jus now u have to work o cos u must survive whatever comes ur way....
7)I wld be in uyo on fri-sat so if u need someone to talk to am available aii
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Mercyroselyn: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2016
I won't advice you start giving yourself headache, don't blame yourself for loving him. Give him some time, but be a good wife, make his meals, dress him up in the morning, wake up by his side and pray for him. When you welcome your baby I'm sure there will be changes and please make sure he's in the labour room with you that day, some men need to see the pains we women go through during childbirth. Stay good dear
Maaamaaa:
I will try my best not be biased about our story and if you have any questions to ask please do.

I met him last year December precisely and we both work in the same office, we became best of friends but he was in a relationship (distant) and I was single.
We were really close because we both were new in town with no family around and then I fell in love with him and opened up about my feelings to him but he said he was in a relationship.

I was hurt but I held my head up and moved on. I started mingling with other male colleagues and then he became jealous and so I confronted him about it (still loved him) and u also told him to choose between us and he said he wants me. His decision was based on the fact that the other lady was far away, he thought she was promiscuous and she is an OND holder etc (I got to find out about this later).

We moved in together because of financial stress and talked about getting married next year... Late June this year I found out he had not broken up with the other lady, confronted him about it and he settled the issue.

I got pregnant July and he asked for an abortion, I insisted on keeping the baby with or without marriage.. He finally accepted to marry me and proceeded to tell my parents(he later said I forced him to that). He accused me of so many things and called me different names.

He traveled to his hometown and informed his parents about it all and met with the lady. On his return, he said the lady gives him peace and if I lose this pregnancy he will go back with her and that he loves her but he is just getting married to me because he respects my family and do not want to bring shame to me at work.

I cried, prayed and endured it all. Two weeks ago his family came for the introduction and the wedding has been fixed for December but I'm not happy.

I'm a shadow of myself, he feels disgusted by my presence and I can't say anything without him getting angry. I used to nag and quarrel a lot but I've stopped, even when I'm angry I just walk away.

He does not care about me and this pregnancy and if I tell him I'm sick or tired or anything, he will just say that I'm not the first to get pregnant and that it's when I push the baby he will take responsibility.

I have tried my best and I'm confused, last night I called him peacefully to ask him what I'm doing wrong but he said I'm disturbing him. I used to call his parents and my parents to intervene but he said I should stop that and I have stopped.

Please what can I do to save our relationship, it's not easy for me . this is not the man I fell in love with help me and please I need your advice because I am ready to do anything.

I want my child to have a normal family.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

What Do Some Men Gain From Sleeping With Other Men's Wives??? / Family Photos Of An Albino And A Black Wife With Their Kid / Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.