Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3687267 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by yahmaid04(m): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
deewhydoski:

This calculation is too long naw, who get time to be solving dis kind question for computer based test....Abeg just choose one option and click on d next question.
what about negative marking? How true is it??
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by barnybarbs: 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
chukzy4u:
Holla... EH for 24th
SPE!!!! GT 25th, any mate in the house?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by bayus2003(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
1moletan:
question 7 and 8. I'll like to as ur own approach to the question
i kinda disagree with your no.7 solution. the process seems correct but the area of cylinder you used is πr2 why? why not 2πr(r + h)?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by usba: 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by deewhydoski(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
yahmaid04:
what about negative marking? How true is it??
Negative marking?.....is not possible naw......so u will leave d one u didn't know empty....guy don't do dat
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Bandura(m): 6:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
dewin86:
I won't be surprise that after this test some people will still come here to ask for past questions and answers as if DPR will repeat the question. any away let me come and be going becos i have a date with destiny at Chamscity International school Maitama, Abuja on 26th July by 11am.
who knows this might just be the breakthrough i ve being praying for...
good luck to guys:
#blazeking
#beckychinelo (great markurdian)
#Titiluvly

same date with me. Call 08062453132
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Allylic(f): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please I need GMAT eBook...anybody with it can send it to my mail..oyetundeoyesakin@gmail.com..thanks in adv
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by chosen22: 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lol.

But in a second thought, you are right especially SCARPLANET. The guy is mesmerizing this platform with maths solution. He is very good anyway.

@ scarplanet, which position did you apply self. If it's Economics II so that I will adjust my belt well.

Good luck to all those writing tomorrow.

martinsfm:
See how peeps are solving maths...its as if I should not go again cheesy cheesy cheesy

#Team29th #TeamChemist
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kynbasil01: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hmmmmm ...the way people are trashing GMAT here...I'm now scared of going to the exam....team higher technical officer /24/ph
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by blazingkings(m): 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
dewin86:
I won't be surprise that after this test some people will still come here to ask for past questions and answers as if DPR will repeat the question. any away let me come and be going becos i have a date with destiny at Chamscity International school Maitama, Abuja on 26th July by 11am.
who knows this might just be the breakthrough i ve being praying for...
good luck to guys:
#blazeking
#beckychinelo (great markurdian)
#Titiluvly

Thanks bro.
DPR fall on us all

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Emaimo: 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
Shams101:

Although uR answer is right, but the real solution is:
Make Ellen sales be X
Therefore Ellen = X sales
Andy = 2X
Bob = x + 3 sales (3 more than Ellen)
Cary = 2 (X + 3) =2X + 6 sales
Dora = (X + 3) + X = 2x + 3 sales

This is the right working bro
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Plus10(m): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
1moletan:
question 7 and 8. I'll like to as ur own approach to the question
You seem right...but to save your time just convert the 1000kg/m3 to pounds/cubic feet(lbs/ft3) which gives 62.428lbs/ft3.Then insert it in your equation, Mass=DensityxVolume.This gives, M=62.427x254.4
M=15,887.67 ,but
Total weight=mass of tank + mass of water
=300+ 15887.67
=16187.67lbs
cool 20% of 16187.67lbs=3237.4lbs
recall,
Density=mass/volume
volume=mass/density=3237.4lbs/62.428lbs/ft3
=51.858ft3
when you convert to gal(US),the answer is 387.932
9)Recall that,
the total volume of water in the tank is 254.4 ft3 (from question 6).
Now when you remove 20% from this volume it gave us 51.858ft3 (from question 8 ).
The question now is what would be the new level of water in the tank when you remove 51.858ft3 from the total volume ,254.4ft3?
The new volume when you remove 51.858ft3 from 254.4ft3 =202.542ft3
now, what height would that volume be?
from,
Vol =base area x height
height =vol/base area=202.542/3.143x9
=7.161ft
=
The

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by desjoyauxpools(f): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nonyeesther(f): 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Emmenyk:

Bros eeh, don't take it personal.
I stay at Elekahia too. It's a mistake from them, Iriebe not Iniebe.
Mind you, I took the AGIP scholarship exam last Saturday, same center, similar mail by DRAGNET.
So argue what you're sure about.

And is Moscow road anywhere near Ph/Aba expressway?
Don't mislead people please

Direction

Take a vehicle going to Oyigbo then Stop at TAP (should be after the old tollgate)
You can even trek to the venue, but just take a bike to ACE international, it's popular.

Meanwhile I'm writing on Monday, 24th.
Please o, I'm also writing on Monday 24th, but I don't know how to locate the place. Can you explain the direction as I will be coming from Ikwerre road. Is th Tap bus stop a popular one cos I haven't heard of it
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by desjoyauxpools(f): 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
josielewa:
i went there last week and i was told same....but i had lower credit and i knowingly applied....God can help...they said the list is available and will be posted soon....if am shortlisted,then i know i will scale through....got some past question of last two examsdone....i can send it to ur email guys for free...

please kindly send to muna3894u@yahoo.com
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Hussyk: 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
desjoyauxpools:

Me too . Thanks hassanhasanah@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by amasbenty: 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
Greetings house, anyone with concrete past questions
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by amasbenty: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hussyk:

Me too . Thanks hassanhasanah@yahoo.com

Please, I need the past questions too. Help me forward it to amasbenty@yahoo.com.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Steven4u: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
I am also 29th, 3:30pm, Chamscity. Pls how can we communicate?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by yns4real: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Titiluvly:

check your mail
Titiluvly:

check your mail

Pls I nid past questions.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by DMainMan: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
scarplanet:

DMainMan.... I sight u bro cool cool

you might not know me due to my new id, but we are quite familiar with eachother from the NLNG thread grin grin

ok bro. dis time na experience hire boys de huzzle o.

Who no like oil money with job security
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mujidatr: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Pls do, mujidatr@yahoo.com
desjoyauxpools:

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 1moletan(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
bayus2003:
i kinda disagree with your no.7 solution. the process seems correct but the area of cylinder you used is πr2 why? why not 2πr(r + h)?
I didn't use radius all thru my cal. I used the diameter straight A= pi*d^2/4, V=A*h
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by amasbenty: 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
nonyeesther:

Please o, I'm also writing on Monday 24th, but I don't know how to locate the place. Can you explain the direction as I will be coming from Ikwerre road. Is th Tap bus stop a popular one cos I haven't heard of it

Please, my exam date is tomorrow and I need past questions and directions on how to get to the venue. Anyone with useful infor, I beg help me through amasbenty@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Emaimo: 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
Read until your brain says yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sangfroidJJ: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
ayosheba:
Hello guys, good evening, any recent update on those of us with pending successful submission status? Has it changed? If yes, how recent did it change?

Mine changed on Friday (21.07.2017) to approved. I applied for EH! Although date for test is still pending but venue is confirmed for Abuja.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by motivationspika(m): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
if you have test tomorrow just do little more revision and then go to sleep. you will be surprise the test will be simple than you imagine.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Adaeze1081: 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
guys please does any one have d exam scheduled for 29/7/2017 thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
I just pity people jacking GMAT anyhow, when one single question won't even come from there. The experience SAN (senior applicants of Nigeria) know better. I used to be a member so lemme share some secrets with you all.. Since I've never failed a single test first stage all my career (not bragging), it may come handy.
First, know the recruiting agency , lol... This agency from every description is Dragnet, do they set core GMAT questions?.. Nopes, what they do more is SHL,
verbal, numerical, psychometric, and simulations. A resource to help you prepare for dragnet tests are- HR Avatar and Assessmentday.co.uK . study their sample practice questions.

Second, know your role, dragnet, and many other agencies align their questions around the role, engineering and computer science functions require more numerical and psychometric testing than other fields, environmentalist will get more verbal and numerical reasoning (more graphic illustrations) As a little tip, the link for each role is mapped to your login details, so your field is already tied to the bucket that your question is picked from.

Time is of the essence, you have an average of 45 secs on each question, .. Its not by solving the questions, its by solving it with the most effective approach... Here another ,tip, computer based test are adaptive, which means they present the next question based on how you answer the first, as a general rule, the question are likely to get tougher as u successfully answer previous ones, so if you find yourself getting cheaper questions, you're on the wrong path, also ..some questions are deliberately made to slow you down, they take longer time to answer than others, (you must learn to guess this answer and move on) , not all question carry scores, some are used to test your strength for the next question.

If there's a personality test at the end of the other test, don't fail it...those questions that test your personality, are often the most vital, get them wrong and no matter how well you do in the numerical/verbal crap, you won't be called.. Here's a tip, relevance to the role and consistently is all u need to pass a personality test. So once you approach the first question, get a paper and draw a table, for each question find out what it tests for in your personality , if its leadership, decide if its a quality required very well for the role, then give a score for it.. Anytime u come across another leadership question always use that score .. Do the same for other qualities you identify in the questions.

Other hacks,
when you get to test hall, collect used rough sheet of people who just left their seats or finish their test. Study it, well, before u log in. It preps your mind and you're likely going to get an idea on some possible questions.

If the test allows you to go back to finish previous questions. Then it means the questions are more than the time allows by deliberate design.. And the harder questions are most likely placed in the first 10 questions, you must leave the harder questions and breeze through the easier ones first. Then return to complete the hard ones (by then, you have more confidence and have warmed up your brain).

When answering verbal or numerical questions (with graphs or tables). You're likely to use same essay to answer two or more questions, or have questions from same graph or table. So understand the table first, before u answer, so when u come across it. Use the understanding to answer other questions.

Chai, plenty more to say, but I don tire to type.. Quote me I go answer.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Adaeze1081: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
please is any one's exam on saturday 29th of july
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Mamaejime: 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
rychard:
I just pity people jacking GMAT anyhow, when one single question won't even come from there. The experience SAN (senior applicants of Nigeria) know better. I used to be a member so lemme share some secrets with you all.. Since I've never failed a single test first stage all my career (not bragging), it may come handy.
First, know the recruiting agency , lol... This agency from every description is Dragnet, do they set core GMAT questions?.. Nopes, what they do more is SHL,
verbal, numerical, psychometric, and simulations. A resource to help you prepare for dragnet tests are- HR Avatar and Assessmentday.co.uK . study their sample practice questions.

Second, know your role, dragnet, and many other agencies align their questions around the role, engineering and computer science functions require more numerical and psychometric testing than other fields, environmentalist will get more verbal and numerical reasoning (more graphic illustrations) As a little tip, the link for each role is mapped to your login details, so your field is already tied to the bucket that your question is picked from.

Time is of the essence, you have an average of 45 secs on each question, .. Its not by solving the questions, its by solving it with the most effective approach... Here another ,tip, computer based test are adaptive, which means they present the next question based on how you answer the first, as a general rule, the question are likely to get tougher as u successfully answer previous ones, so if you find yourself getting cheaper questions, you're on the wrong path, also ..some questions are deliberately made to slow you down, they take longer time to answer than others, (you must learn to guess this answer and move on) , not all question carry scores, some are used to test your strength for the next question.

If there's a personality test at the end of the other test, don't fail it...those questions that test your personality, are often the most vital, get them wrong and no matter how well you do in the numerical/verbal crap, you won't be called.. Here's a tip, relevance to the role and consistently is all u need to pass a personality test. So once you approach the first question, get a paper and draw a table, for each question find out what it tests for in your personality , if its leadership, decide if its a quality required very well for the role, then give a score for it.. Anytime u come across another leadership question always use that score .. Do the same for other qualities you identify in the questions.

Other hacks,
when you get to test hall, collect used rough sheet of people who just left their seats or finish their test. Study it, well, before u log in. It preps your mind and you're likely going to get an idea on some possible questions.

If the test allows you to go back to finish previous questions. Then it means the questions are more than the time allows by deliberate design.. And the harder questions are most likely placed in the first 10 questions, you must leave the harder questions and breeze through the easier ones first. Then return to complete the hard ones (by then, you have more confidence and have warmed up your brain).

When answering verbal or numerical questions (with graphs or tables). You're likely to use same essay to answer two or more questions, or have questions from same graph or table. So understand the table first, before u answer, so when u come across it. Use the understanding to answer other questions.

Chai, plenty more to say, but I don tire to type.. Quote me I go answer.

Nice tips but am very sure it's not dragnet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.