Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3686740 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Martty7: 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
kynbasil01:
Hmmmmm ...the way people are trashing GMAT here...I'm now scared of going to the exam....team higher technical officer /24/ph
send me a pm Bro.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kynbasil01: 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martty7:
send me a pm Bro.
ky
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ifykoleyahooc(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
ayotan:

Please kindly forward DPR past question to me.. gbogotan@gmail.com . Thank you.

Pls forward to me too ---ifykole@yahoo.com
God bless u
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Emaimo: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
rychard:
I just pity people jacking GMAT anyhow, when one single question won't even come from there. The experience SAN (senior applicants of Nigeria) know better. I used to be a member so lemme share some secrets with you all.. Since I've never failed a single test first stage all my career (not bragging), it may come handy.
First, know the recruiting agency , lol... This agency from every description is Dragnet, do they set core GMAT questions?.. Nopes, what they do more is SHL,
verbal, numerical, psychometric, and simulations. A resource to help you prepare for dragnet tests are- HR Avatar and Assessmentday.co.uK . study their sample practice questions.

Second, know your role, dragnet, and many other agencies align their questions around the role, engineering and computer science functions require more numerical and psychometric testing than other fields, environmentalist will get more verbal and numerical reasoning (more graphic illustrations) As a little tip, the link for each role is mapped to your login details, so your field is already tied to the bucket that your question is picked from.

Time is of the essence, you have an average of 45 secs on each question, .. Its not by solving the questions, its by solving it with the most effective approach... Here another ,tip, computer based test are adaptive, which means they present the next question based on how you answer the first, as a general rule, the question are likely to get tougher as u successfully answer previous ones, so if you find yourself getting cheaper questions, you're on the wrong path, also ..some questions are deliberately made to slow you down, they take longer time to answer than others, (you must learn to guess this answer and move on) , not all question carry scores, some are used to test your strength for the next question.

If there's a personality test at the end of the other test, don't fail it...those questions that test your personality, are often the most vital, get them wrong and no matter how well you do in the numerical/verbal crap, you won't be called.. Here's a tip, relevance to the role and consistently is all u need to pass a personality test. So once you approach the first question, get a paper and draw a table, for each question find out what it tests for in your personality , if its leadership, decide if its a quality required very well for the role, then give a score for it.. Anytime u come across another leadership question always use that score .. Do the same for other qualities you identify in the questions.

Other hacks,
when you get to test hall, collect used rough sheet of people who just left their seats or finish their test. Study it, well, before u log in. It preps your mind and you're likely going to get an idea on some possible questions.

If the test allows you to go back to finish previous questions. Then it means the questions are more than the time allows by deliberate design.. And the harder questions are most likely placed in the first 10 questions, you must leave the harder questions and breeze through the easier ones first. Then return to complete the hard ones (by then, you have more confidence and have warmed up your brain).

When answering verbal or numerical questions (with graphs or tables). You're likely to use same essay to answer two or more questions, or have questions from same graph or table. So understand the table first, before u answer, so when u come across it. Use the understanding to answer other questions.

Chai, plenty more to say, but I don tire to type.. Quote me I go answer.

So you mean I should be reading this kind of shit?

1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Martty7: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
kynbasil01:
kynbasil@yahoo.com
check inbox.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by rushman003: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hey bosses
How ar you doing , please how can i reschedule my test date ?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ELAGAIE(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
rychard:
I just pity people jacking GMAT anyhow, when one single question won't even come from there. The experience SAN (senior applicants of Nigeria) know better. I used to be a member so lemme share some secrets with you all.. Since I've never failed a single test first stage all my career (not bragging), it may come handy.
First, know the recruiting agency , lol... This agency from every description is Dragnet, do they set core GMAT questions?.. Nopes, what they do more is SHL,
verbal, numerical, psychometric, and simulations. A resource to help you prepare for dragnet tests are- HR Avatar and Assessmentday.co.uK . study their sample practice questions.

Second, know your role, dragnet, and many other agencies align their questions around the role, engineering and computer science functions require more numerical and psychometric testing than other fields, environmentalist will get more verbal and numerical reasoning (more graphic illustrations) As a little tip, the link for each role is mapped to your login details, so your field is already tied to the bucket that your question is picked from.

Time is of the essence, you have an average of 45 secs on each question, .. Its not by solving the questions, its by solving it with the most effective approach... Here another ,tip, computer based test are adaptive, which means they present the next question based on how you answer the first, as a general rule, the question are likely to get tougher as u successfully answer previous ones, so if you find yourself getting cheaper questions, you're on the wrong path, also ..some questions are deliberately made to slow you down, they take longer time to answer than others, (you must learn to guess this answer and move on) , not all question carry scores, some are used to test your strength for the next question.

If there's a personality test at the end of the other test, don't fail it...those questions that test your personality, are often the most vital, get them wrong and no matter how well you do in the numerical/verbal crap, you won't be called.. Here's a tip, relevance to the role and consistently is all u need to pass a personality test. So once you approach the first question, get a paper and draw a table, for each question find out what it tests for in your personality , if its leadership, decide if its a quality required very well for the role, then give a score for it.. Anytime u come across another leadership question always use that score .. Do the same for other qualities you identify in the questions.

Other hacks,
when you get to test hall, collect used rough sheet of people who just left their seats or finish their test. Study it, well, before u log in. It preps your mind and you're likely going to get an idea on some possible questions.

If the test allows you to go back to finish previous questions. Then it means the questions are more than the time allows by deliberate design.. And the harder questions are most likely placed in the first 10 questions, you must leave the harder questions and breeze through the easier ones first. Then return to complete the hard ones (by then, you have more confidence and have warmed up your brain).

When answering verbal or numerical questions (with graphs or tables). You're likely to use same essay to answer two or more questions, or have questions from same graph or table. So understand the table first, before u answer, so when u come across it. Use the understanding to answer other questions.

I have written Dragnet test b4 (First Bank), i dnt think they are d one handling DPR
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sokoyaseye(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Instructor001:

Yea...
Mine is on 28th of July by 11am. What are the kindly question to study?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by scarplanet(m): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
rychard:

Other hacks,

Well said bro. I particularly like your introduction.

A few reservations/observations:
1. You said from every indication, the testing agency is dragnet. On what premise have u based this conclusion? Kindly enunciate.

2. You said there is an average of 45 seconds to each question. How would you know this?

3. I disagree with u saying if one find oneself getting cheaper questions then one is on the wrong track. I wrote GSK test a few years back (yes SHL), I practically answered the later part of the questions in half the time I answered the former; that was because they became so cheap that it became boring (well I guess u understand the figure of speech). My point is, getting harder questions doesn't mean one is on the right track either.

4. I agree with ur tips on the personality test. I advice everyone to go study the job recruitment for the role applied to. That should help with maneuvering the personality test.

5. Finally, that ur hacking tips make sense. I will gather as many rough paper as I can get and study. Thank God I will write by 9:30.. grin

Thanks for the tips though. God bless

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sammyblaq(m): 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Titiluvly:

Yes
My status "Pending-successful submission".
Success as you write.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good evening all.Please who applied for Public Affairs Officer and his or her status has been changed from pending to approved?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Favour2587(f): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good house Pls I will be coming from Warri, using Agofure transport service which of their Parks is nearest to the venue for the exams? Waterline, Rumuokoro or Eleme park. Is it possible for me to get to the exam venue B4 10:30am if I leave Warri in the morning by 7:00am. Thanks for your response.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mayoor15(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
scarplanet:

1. You said from every indication, the testing agency is dragnet. On what premise have u based this conclusion? Kindly enunciate.

2. You said there is an average of 45 seconds to each question. How would you know this?

3. I disagree with u saying if one find oneself getting cheaper questions then one is on the wrong track. I wrote GSK test a few years back (yes SHL), I practically answered the later part of the questions in half the time I answered the former; that was because they became so cheap that it became boring (well I guess u understand the figure of speech). My point is, getting harder questions doesn't mean one is on the right track either.

4. I agree with ur tips on the personality test. I advice everyone to go study the job recruitment for the role applied to. That should help with maneuvering the personality test.

5. Finally, that ur hacking tips make sense. I will gather as many rough paper as I can get and study. Thank God I will write by 9:30.. grin

Lols, our guy number 1 & 2 is true, just prepare for the impossible and hope for the best but dragnet can frustrate people ehn

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ayooluwawamiri: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Martty7:
check inbox.
Please kindly forward to olabodekikelomo@yahoo.com
God bless you
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by stunningjudy(f): 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Favour2587:
Good house Pls I will be coming from Warri, using Agofure transport service which of their Parks is nearest to the venue for the exams? Waterline, Rumuokoro or Eleme park. Is it possible for me to get to the exam venue B4 10:30am if I leave Warri in the morning by 7:00am. Thanks for your response.
Eleme . Take a bus from there, heading to oyigbo. Tell the conductor you will stop at Tap junction.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by blazingkings(m): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
dewin86:
question:
A 3 tons empty storage container is to be fill with concentrated hydrocarbons from a downstream production unit . determine in ounces the quantity of hydrocarbons required to fill the container.

cc:
blazingkings
scarplanet
all GMAT gurus

1 ton = 35273.96ounces
3 tons = 3 × 35273.96
= 105822ounces
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by adeagbeleniyi: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Pls send me the questions. adeagbeleniyi@gmail.com
ELAGAIE:

Check ur mail
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Hkana: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
Plus10:

You seem right...but to save your time just convert the 1000kg/m3 to pounds/cubic feet(lbs/ft3) which gives 62.428lbs/ft3.Then insert it in your equation, Mass=DensityxVolume.This gives, M=62.427x254.4
M=15,887.67 ,but
Total weight=mass of tank + mass of water
=300+ 15887.67
=16187.67lbs
cool 20% of 16187.67lbs=3237.4lbs
recall,
Density=mass/volume
volume=mass/density=3237.4lbs/62.428lbs/ft3
=51.858ft3
when you convert to gal(US),the answer is 387.932
9)Recall that,
the total volume of water in the tank is 254.4 ft3 (from question 6).
Now when you remove 20% from this volume it gave us 51.858ft3 (from question 8 ).
The question now is what would be the new level of water in the tank when you remove 51.858ft3 from the total volume ,254.4ft3?
The new volume when you remove 51.858ft3 from 254.4ft3 =202.542ft3
now, what height would that volume be?
from,
Vol =base area x height
height =vol/base area=202.542/3.143x9
=7.161ft
=
The

Haven gotten height = 7.2ft approximately.
Don't forget to subtract that from 15ft since the question mentioned "from the top of the tank"
Hence, the answer to the question is 7.8ft

My two kobo.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iminabo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
Answers please

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iminabo(m): 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
iminabo:
Answers please
please show working
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 2funkyy(f): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please anyone familiar with jkk building,is there parking space for those driving?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Meklex(m): 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Favour2587:
warri to ph is 3 hrs, so since you don't know the location it is advisable to move much earlier than 7
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Rotex29(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
hello house, pls anyone who is writing GT economist II on the 28th July at JKK Building should kindly quote me or chat mi. so that we can rub mind together. thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Laureokafor(f): 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
pls ppl writing in Abj....is there any guest house around there?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by blazingkings(m): 11:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
2funkyy:
Please anyone familiar with jkk building,is there parking space for those driving?

Yh there is
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by zaty: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please help with the DPR questions

Dzatee@gmail.com

josielewa:
i went there last week and i was told same....but i had lower credit and i knowingly applied....God can help...they said the list is available and will be posted soon....if am shortlisted,then i know i will scale through....got some past question of last two examsdone....i can send it to ur email guys for free...
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by scarplanet(m): 11:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
iminabo:
Answers please

Questions 61 and 62 though... undecided undecided
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by emmasun2017: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hello house any experience hire (public affairs )writing in Abuja on the 26th by 2pm, pls pm me. I visited the centre yesterday since I reside here in Abuja.
For those of us writing the test from Monday, I'll advise that we all study well, as this recruitment would be based majorly on merit, other criteria may be adopted.Wishing those starting tomorrow the very best.also wishing those traveling journey mercies.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lamash: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2017
rychard:

Other hacks,

scarplanet:

Guys help with how to pass personality trait test..it's been a difficult task for me. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by emmasun2017: 12:19am On Jul 24, 2017
Laureokafor:
pls ppl writing in Abj....is there any guest house around there?

It depends on the area you Want to lodge. Hotels and guests houses are quite expensive in and around the city centre. I'll advise that you lodge in any of the satellite towns he. Lugbe, Nyanyan, mararaba, Kubwa, Dutse. Sorry if I may ask what time are you writing the test. Your time would help you know where you may likely lodge. Thanks.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Udenzes: 12:32am On Jul 24, 2017
I am writing at same center as you. public affairs GT though. How are you preparing sir?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by emmasun2017: 12:49am On Jul 24, 2017
Udenzes:
I am writing at same center as you. public affairs GT though. How are you preparing sir?

Just been reading and studying GMAT and current affairs, surely I know questions from that area would be included.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.