Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3682761 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
Any update.. angry

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:
Any update.. angry

Dpr paid salaries last month. From a reliable source...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Lawalu2(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
TDultimate:

grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
TDultimate:

cheesy
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
In my honest opinion, DPR already know the candidates who are more likely to get the job based on test performance before interview.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
Onyiridike:
In my honest opinion, DPR already know the candidates who are more likely to get the job based on test performance before interview.

How did you know Were you able to see/view yours.

Did you hear any comment from the interviewers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
Onyiridike:

If they already know then they should them nah let d rest go to sleep.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by chideozi: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
We are just second-guessing. Someone said something about DPR/Oil and gas question. In my case i was asked a question asking me to advice a young secondary school student who wants to study my profession in higher institution. I wasn't asked any current affair but was asked to mention any two professional organisation linked to my profession. Ofcourse i was asked technical question too.

So it is not really about the question asked it is about soft skills and knowledge of subject.

Onyiridike is also right cos the APTITUDE test score was given greater percentage compared to the interview. You might come into the interview with a 60% test score it will be very hard to beat someone with 80% test score no matter how excellent your interview performance is and how average the interview of the 80% applicant was. And then we have the federal character to deal with.

So nobody can beat his/her chest and say i did well until the DPR themselves contacts...

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Bluemalam: 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
Onyiridike:

Based on my experience in HR, a candidate's interview performance is a vital part of the recruitment process, because it not only tests the knowledge and experience contained in your resume, but also helps the interviewer determine if the candidate would fit into the organizational culture and possesses required soft skills like interpersonal and communication skills and ability.

The body language of the interviewers, particularly the lady when we got to the technical aspect, further reinforces this.

My modest opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
chideozi:
We are just second-guessing. Someone said something about DPR/Oil and gas question. In my case i was asked a question asking me to advice a young secondary school student who wants to study my profession in higher institution. I wasn't asked any current affair but was asked to mention any two professional organisation linked to my profession. Ofcourse i was asked technical question too.

So it is not really about the question asked it is about soft skills and knowledge of subject.

Onyiridike is also right cos the APTITUDE test score was given greater percentage compared to the interview. You might come into the interview with a 60% test score it will be very hard to beat someone with 80% test score no matter how excellent your interview performance is and how average the interview of the 80% applicant was. And then we have the federal character to deal with.

So nobody can beat his/her chest and say i did well until the DPR themselves contacts...

If I may ask, how do you know that the test score was given a higher percentage in comparison to the test?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
Medicine after death. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Kwajay(m): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
As for me I am very sure I scored above 80% in the test because it was just a wash down for me. During the interview, I messed up on the technical question part but i got the current affairs section section pretty well coz the questions asked were;
-How many geopolitical zone, name them (check)
-name the states in the south west (i forgot ekiti though grin ahhhh)
-functions of DPR (check)
-Who is the secretary general of OPEC (check)

I am not really happy with my performance at the interview because of the technical part where I missed some questions. I am not really sure the aptitude test score will be also used to score candidates for the final selection because I know for sure NNPC last recruitment sometimes in 2011 they didnt make use of aptitude test score. final selection was based on interview score.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
Dpr knows the best,all we can do is guess that's where the uncertainty comes from..
Let me share mine and I want everyone reading this to tell me what he or she think,
Interview was very interesting,but yunno that doesn't declare a good performance.
Just like have been asked so many questions and answering to the extent..
I was asked what is the full meaning of Ecowas which I answered then he went forward asking what is the capital of ecowas, at first I paused cos I haven't heard of anything like that capital of ecowas.. so what I said was I don't know, maybe I should have said there way nothing like that to make them sure I know there's nothing like that.. anyways that was after I came out I was thinking about that.. there's nothing like capital of ecowas!!
2. This is where I want you to tell me what you think here.. the interviewer went forward and ask if I have a msc which I answers No, before saying what's on my mind, he went ahead talking and said.. (When you start working, make sure you get your masters done' cos you will need it) he said it like yunno someone assuring you of something, in same moment he realized his statement wasn't professional and said ( I mean If you are lucky to get the job you should do your masters) and went ahead with further questions..

Am not saying that is making me get the job but just saying there might be some factors they see on there computer that judges a applicant and that might prompt the kind of questions they ask you...

Feel free to say what you think.. no offense

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by xxkape: 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
and God is watching......
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by assume3(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please cry
When, where and how are we going to collect our APL.
After this long long writeup are they interpolating for the date?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abuja is capital of Ecowas.. relating to my post above
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
I was asked the most difficult question during the interview. Pls who knows the instrument for measuring earth's properties... I am a geologist. That question threw me off balance.. cheesy
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Flare89: 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:
I was asked the most difficult question during the interview. Pls who knows the instrument for measuring earth's properties... I am a geologist. That question threw me off balance.. cheesy

The question isn't specific. Depends on the earth property you are trying to measure.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
assume3:
Please cry
When, where and how are we going to collect our APL.
After this long long writeup are they interpolating for the date?

Bros, you should direct this question to the HR dept. DPR, and not here. Unless you have a date, a location, and a means on your mind, which you are free to share with us. And of course, with a sound logical reason.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:

i guess u should av listed some earths properties and their instruments. like altitude etc.
my thoughts though

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
Flare89:

The question isn't specific. Depends on the earth property you are trying to measure.
My guy I sharply gave them the earth properties I know like gravity, electromagnetism, seismic, electrical. As I was about going further, they quickly asked me the second question grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Bluemalam:

Based on my experience in HR, a candidate's interview performance is a vital part of the recruitment process, because it not only tests the knowledge and experience contained in your resume, but also helps the interviewer determine if the candidate would fit into the organizational culture and possesses required soft skills like interpersonal and communication skills and ability.

The body language of the interviewers, particularly the lady when we got to the technical aspect, further reinforces this.

My modest opinion.

in a MASS recruitment, u use d test score and interview score.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sahihameen2018(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:
if I hear. Una no go kill us for here Sha. Hmm very interesting topic.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
Where I fumble was after giving them the correct answer about types of seismic, I could not remember the major types of seismic survey. That was the only sub question I failed. I nearly cried. I got every other question correctly undecided

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
But in all na God's grace sure pass cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:

My guy I sharply gave them the earth properties I know like gravity, electromagnetism, seismic, electrical. As I was about going further, they quickly asked me the second question grin

I think the surest bet in your case is to mention some of the instruments and the properties they measure. Or if there is a general term those instruments are called, you just mention it.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sahihameen2018(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:
Where I fumble was after giving them the correct answer about types of seismic, I could not remember the major types of seismic survey. That was the only sub question I failed. I nearly cried. I got every other question correctly undecided
it shall be well, Inn shaa Allah. Let's pray and be perseverance for Surely Allah is with those who persevere. May He Almighty Allah makes us among the successful ones. Ameen.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
dprpikin:

I think the surest bet in your case is to mention some of the instruments and the properties they measure. Or if there is a general term those instruments are called, you just mention it.
Bros name one. I was thinking about instruments for measuring properties like temperature, mass, weight etc... But on a second thought, are these properties really earth properties?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
Those instruments are not common, they are used for serious geophysical explorations and couldn't remember them
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
at the end of d day, performance of candidates from ur state matters a lot!
i am sure d best 3(they must be in different field) from each state will make d list. thats what they call merit!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Greatsabari: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
When I entered there were 3 people in the panel.They asked me to sit down and be calm. The first question they asked me was my name and to give them brief history about myslef to which I did.The first man on the panel asked me about global warming that I should explain it to a layman to which I did.The second;a woman asked me based on my experience in the oil and gas industry I should explain the meaning of IOC to her which means International Oil Companies. She then asked me to mention 3 operating in Nigeria to which I did.They asked the 3 person to asked me any question to which he said he don't have any.They asked whether I have masters to which I replied is in view and I even have a local ptdf scholarship covering that.They now asked me that why am I leaving my Job for Ptdf to which I replied because I want to try a new challenge and contribute my quota to the nation's oil and gas industry.Another one told me in DPR they have a lot of bosses do I mind?I told him no because me too I believe I will rise in the Job and one day I will reach the top.They now asked to asked them any question to which I said I don't have any.They wish me luck and I told them bye and left.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:

Bros name one. I was thinking about instruments for measuring properties like temperature, mass, weight etc... But on a second thought, are these properties really earth properties?

I must state that I'm not a Geologist.

But you mentioned seismic, which from google I found out that it is measured with seismographs and magnetometer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.