Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3681067 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shawlar(m): 7:22am On Jun 12, 2018
realone2012:
Okay. Okay. Since June 10th have passed.
Can we all come to a conclusion about another date, so our ever amiable Zubair will start another countdown?

Zubair's countdown clock has run down... grin grin
I don't think he has posted anything since.... Abeg speculators FC should issue another date let him wind it up again cheesy or maybe he can use June 10 as a basis ie Today is June 10 plus 2days...
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by xxkape: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2018
Respect sir...

Originakalokalo:

Good morning guys.

Let me share my experience with you all.

I experienced this stress between 2010-2013 during nnpc recruitment. I started a thread on naijahotjobs that had more than 1000 pages.

After a long wait, the letters came.

It was a terrible experience as many did not get the job, that includes myself.

Pls do not put all your hopes in this, be ready to accept whatever comes.

Nnpc started the process well, the first two stages were on merit. Final selection was mared with serious corruption.

I guess they do that this days so that people will not complain about the process.

If you know anyone, pls follow up. If you don't pls pray.

Many people who comment here have talked to one or two persons about getting help.

When they finally get their letters, they won't tell you how they did it. If you have not, pls talk to God.

When the letters finally come, a lot of people will be shocked. I almost got hypertension because I didn't make it.

Looking back at my performance at the interview I cried like a child.

It was God that helped me...

This world is messed up already.

It is a place where slaves ride on horses while the princes walk .

God almighty,

Pls
Let your kingdom come.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 8:02am On Jun 12, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Good morning guys.

I experienced this stress between 2010-2013 during nnpc recruitment. I started a thread on naijahotjobs that had more than 1000 pages.

Nnpc started the process well, the first two stages were on merit. Final selection was mared with serious corruption.

I guess they do that this days so that people will not complain about the process.

Many people who comment here have talked to one or two persons about getting help.

When they finally get their letters, they won't tell you how they did it. If you have not, pls talk to God.

When the letters finally come, a lot of people will be shocked. I almost got hypertension because I didn't make it.

God almighty,

Pls
Let your kingdom come.

true, a word is enough for the wise.
a word is enough for the wise. any body who thinks an agency like Dpr will recruit based on merit is a joke, i dont have anyone to help me but God, but still waiting paitently for the recruitment to end so as to clear the thoughts of DPr off my mind. no any merit based recruitment will last 2 years to complete, that alone tells you something is happening underground. director of dpr is said to be in his village enjoying his retirement benefits, but he is still serving as director due to influence of his ogas, look every nook and cranny of Nigerian enclave is stinking with corruption, to even get teaching job in nigeria is untill you know someone not to talk of job of DPr magnitude. dont take Dpr for head like gala, just zero your mind and expect the worst, when it work out in your favour then give thanks to God almighty. definately some will get in on merit, but the odds are very very high.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Good morning guys.

God almighty,

Pls
Let your kingdom come.

A word is enough for the wise.
very true
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by osemeka: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2018
Jeez. Why'd we all bother applying in the first place if we're gonna sit behind keyboards and whine from morning to night. I know ppl who I sent this application to and they said, no thanks. I created profiles for some and they didn't bother submitting.

our political office holders, some get there through connection, while others got there through real life activism and agitation for what was right, but now they're all living large together. whining behind keyboards never helped anybody.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 8:27am On Jun 12, 2018
Babagy823:
a word is enough for the wise. any body who thinks an agency like Dpr will recruit based on merit is a joke, i dont have anyone to help me but God, but still waiting paitently for the recruitment to end so as to clear the thoughts of DPr off my mind. no any merit based recruitment will last 2 years to complete, that alone tells you something is happening underground. director of dpr is said to be in his village enjoying his retirement benefits, but he is still serving as director due to influence of his ogas, look every nook and cranny of Nigerian enclave is stinking with corruption, to even get teaching job in nigeria is untill you know someone not to talk of job of DPr magnitude. dont take Dpr for head like gala, just zero your mind and expect the worst, when it work out in your favour then give thanks to God almighty. definately some will get in on merit, but the odds are very very high.
I said it here but a lot of people refuse to understand ...even teaching job in Nigeria to get it in merit is not easy.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shawlar(m): 8:30am On Jun 12, 2018
Clemexy20:
I don't understand some people o. all d dates dat Wia speculated failed. u r clamoring 4 anoda date y don't we want 2 learn our lessons?. dats y most of us r defrauded everytime. make una wake up n allow God 2 take control.
dose u r asking 4 date r applicants like u.

E tire me oo... Some people just like tensioning themselves or giving themselves unnecessary HBP. They'll build up anticipation for a certain date only to be disappointed at the end and still want to repeat it again.. Over & over again.... shocked shocked You people had better go and check ur blood pressure oo...

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Goj47: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2018
Well said about people being disappointed finally buh I have a correction to make; that you weren't contacted doesn't make the selection process marred.
Talking about the Nnpc recruitment, my direct cousin and my brother inlaw got it on merit. No connection to an ordinary councillor talk more of top echelon politician.
What plays the most important role is God's grace not really your performance nor your connection. Thanks and best regards to u all as we await the news whether good or bad..
Good morning guys.

God almighty,

Pls
Let your kingdom come.

A word is enough for the wise.[/quote]

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Bluemalam: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2018
Goj47:
Well said about people being disappointed finally buh I have a correction to make; that you weren't contacted doesn't make the selection process marred.
Talking about the Nnpc recruitment, my direct cousin and my brother inlaw got it on merit. No connection to an ordinary councillor talk more of top echelon politician.
What plays the most important role is God's grace not really your performance nor your connection. Thanks and best regards to u all as we await the news whether good or bad..

You're right - except that it's actually performance + grace that is key.

Human connection is a big bonus but not as powerful as where divine favour meets brilliant performance.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by chideozi: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2018
My dear ORIGINAKALOKALO,

Your feelings that time can be related personally, not just me alone but everyone who has put in an effort in any endeavour and was disappointed at the tail end.

But what i am particularly against is the perception that MERIT don't count or using the impression that you performed well as a yardstick for process manipulation when we don't make the final list. We fail to understand some factors that might work for or against us

1) There is always a percentage allocated to Merit and stakeholder slot. If we understand this life becomes somewhat easier
2) Federal Character over rules performance most times. What would you do when your state has limited space (lets say 6) and 2 out of that is reserved for stakeholders. Now you performed very well but might not beat those other 4.
3) Now you are from a state where more than 10 applicants scored above 75. You scored 74 but will be dropped but someone else from another state scored 68 and got the job. This Is Federal character at work

So we can come out and outrightly say the process is flawed. Especially this current DPR recruitment. It is all about Grace, Time and Chance. I might make it cos of the poor performance of my state and another might lose out (even if he/she performed excellently) cos many were outstanding from that state.

It is Federal Character!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Donelli: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2018
chideozi:
My dear ORIGINAKALOKALO,

Your feelings that time can be related personally, not just me alone but everyone who has put in an effort in any endeavour and was disappointed at the tail end.

But what i am particularly against is the perception that MERIT don't count or using the impression that you performed well as a yardstick for process manipulation when we don't make the final list. We fail to understand some factors that might work for or against us

1) There is always a percentage allocated to Merit and stakeholder slot. If we understand this life becomes somewhat easier
2) Federal Character over rules performance most times. What would you do when your state has limited space (lets say 6) and 2 out of that is reserved for stakeholders. Now you performed very well but might not beat those other 4.
3) Now you are from a state where more than 10 applicants scored above 75. You scored 74 but will be dropped but someone else from another state scored 68 and got the job. This Is Federal character at work

So we can come out and outrightly say the process is flawed. Especially this current DPR recruitment. It is all about Grace, Time and Chance. I might make it cos of the poor performance of my state and another might lose out (even if he/she performed excellently) cos many were outstanding from that state.

It is Federal Character!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, someone is being reasonable.

In addition, the term "performance" is subjective especially in interviews. You might think you performed well because you answered all the questions asked but you might be scored low relative to someone else who didn't with the premise that you came across as being arrogant.

Speaking on a general note though.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kbrule1: 10:56am On Jun 12, 2018
Greetings hopefuls,
What I don't understand is the criteria used for judgement during the interviews. I know of someone that was just asked one question during his session with the panel while others were asked a variety of questions. How can we correlate the fairness of the process based on the scenario I just highlighted.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by chideozi: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
kbrule1:
Greetings hopefuls,
What I don't understand is the criteria used for judgement during the interviews. I know of someone that was just asked one question during his session with the panel while others were asked a variety of questions. How can we correlate the fairness of the process based on the scenario I just highlighted.

For those of us that were interviewed the first day (4th December, 8am) at Lagos. After the FCC representatives spoke to us concerning federal character and how we are competing with our brothers and sisters of the same state, a DPR Staff went further to address that the interview is basically a test of the subject knowledge we applied for.

Yes, the questions vary but there is a specific indicator that they are looking out for in an applicant. Specifically are:

1) The technical question (very very important). You have to know your SUBJECT well.
2) Your Personality as well (will you fit into DPR culture). How do react to criticism even when it is obvious you are right? How composed are you.

They might ask few or plenty questions but sure they are looking out for some indicators we don't know. It is just GRACE.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 11:11am On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:
Greetings hopefuls,

i think majority of d GT's were asked 3 basic questions.
1. introduce urself
2. technical question
3. current affairs.
no matter aw long ur session lasted, ur questions must b in d 3 categories. i stand to b corrected.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Colemanz(m): 11:14am On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Desric(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2018
9jasam:

1. introduce urself
2. technical question
3. current affairs.
no matter aw long ur session lasted, ur questions must b in d 3 categories. i stand to b corrected.
I think you are absolutely correct
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2018
Desric:
I think you are absolutely correct
number 3 was not dia for me
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
9jasam:

1. introduce urself
2. technical question
3. current affairs.

Below is d order of Question for most GTs in Abuja
1.Introduction
2. General Question (one random question about DPR or current affairs)
3. Technical (field of study)
4. Professional cert. If u have
5. One question from ur current or Past work experience related to ur field of study if is among what u inputed in ur profile
6. Who do u know in DPR.

I stand to b corrected but d above question is what dey ask

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
balisco:

1.Introduction
5. One question from ur current or Past work experience related to ur field of study if is among what u inputed in ur profile
6. Who do u know in DPR.

ur 3&5 are d same.
4&6 are actually a yes/no question. i was asked number 4 but not number 6.
it brings us back to 3 categories of questions.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kbrule1: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
I was interviewed in Abuja and upon completion of my interview, a young man who was also interviewed told me confidently that he was only asked who he knows in DPR and was told to take a leave. A girl who was interviewed immediately after me was only asked to name the six geo-political zones in Nigeria and I thought this wasn't fair to others who were intensively interviewed.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by chideozi: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:
I was interviewed in Abuja and upon completion of my interview, a young man who was also interviewed told me confidently that he was only asked who he knows in DPR and was told to take a leave. A girl who was interviewed immediately after me was only asked to name the six geo-political zones in Nigeria and I thought this wasn't fair to others who were intensively interviewed.

They are not entirely forthcoming with you i must say. The questions they were asked don't even add up. Like who do you know and was asked to leave (smiles). As long as you are not with them in interview room you can't tell for sure if they are forthcoming even if they sound confident. Lol
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
balisco:

1.Introduction
6. Who do u know in DPR.

1. Mine started with No. 6, as I shared surname with one of their bosses, according to them. I was later cleared, as the said boss was from a different State.
2. Introduce yourself, which was almost instantaneously overruled by: which States have you been to. Which led to
3. Current Affairs, and lastly
4. Technical questions.

The truth is that in the first three categories above, we actually shared laughters, and some stories. But in the last question, they became extremely serious, and I had to adjust my own composure to match their's. They never mentioned it, but I got the impression that the technical area was the highlight of the interview.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
With all these we can only summarize and say if get it by merit, u got it by grace.

For me, I was asked 8 technical questions which I got all and 5 current affairs which I failed all.
Just hoping on God..

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kbrule1: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
Most persons here are under rating the weight of the questions asked about DPR. If you performed very well in the technical section and was mediocre in the DPR/Oil and gas section, sorry!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:
Most persons here are under rating the weight of the questions asked about DPR. If you performed very well in the technical section and was mediocre in the DPR/Oil and gas section, sorry!
sir , u don't need to mention these BP's will rise..Lol
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:

My own opinion

Don t feel unfairly treated if u were asked more questions. From human psychology, ild ask u more questions in a bid to discover more about u if I'm perhaps interested in u.

Although it dosent always follow.. but don't feel unfairly treated.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:

stop deceiving urself. we were all graded. no one fails in dis type of recruitment. ur test and interview scores matter. then federal character and GOD's grace caps it all.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2018

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
kbrule1:
What about those that were not asked any questions about DPR/Oil and gas section? Cos I wasn’t.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Beestie: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
Are you young?

Do you have a sound listening, critical reasoning and decision making skills?

Xopoh Acumen is looking for interested individuals to participate in a client project design jury.

Enrollment process:

1. Fill out the form HERE
or click on this link: https:///gkGr5U

2. Pass a short online test
3.Successful applicants will get an invite mail.

Application Deadline: 4:00 pm Today(June 12, 2018)
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kbrule1: 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
suchsland:

What about those that were not asked any questions about DPR/Oil and gas section? Cos I wasn’t.

This is where fairness comes to play IMHO.

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93