Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3682011 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Takon231: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
A mechanical engineer might score 90% from a state A and another mechanical engineer scores 60% from another state B.
That doesn't mean that the person in state A knows mechanical engineering more than the person in state B. This is just recruitment score.

So the person with 60% in state B can be recruited for a mechanical engineer position leaving the other one with 90% from state A due to the availability of slots in the two states.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ayodejiadetoro(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
Takon231:
Disclaimer: pls this scores per state doesn't mean real life situation. Only for this example.

If 10 applicants scored 90% each from Ogun state
15 applicants scored between 70-90% from kogi
5 applicants scored 60% max from abia
12 scored between 60-90% from Rivers

The best 5 from Ogun would be selected (best would be determined with other factors like class of degree, experience, etc)

The best 3 from kogi would be selected

All the 5 from abia would be selected remaining 3 to complete their slot. The 3 would be picked from any other state in the south east.

All the 12 from rivers would be selected and the remaining 1 would be picked from any other state from the south south

Note: an applicants with less than 60% won't be selected instead it would be sorted from other states in the same zone to cover the slot.

The slots being sorted from other states in the same zone to complete the slot for a particular state is just to complete the zonal allocation for that establishment. That is, if 3 applicants were selected from Bayelsa to cover Rivers slot, it means Bayelsa would have exceeded its limit but the zone would still be within limit.

See zonal limits
7 states zone - 11-15%
6 states zone - 15-18%
5 States zone- 18-22%

Questions!!!

In your example above. What if the said top best 12 candidate from Rivers are all GT. Would they pick all to fill the available position for GT (I doubt that).

If not then there is a cadre/position consideration as you said already.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ahmadmohd(m): 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
pls when will this recruitment end?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by naijainstinct: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
Sagsabag:
I dey here, do you have anything?
You be my potential colleague
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ahmadmohd:

it will end anytime dpr employs me.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ahmadmohd:

Monday, the 25th of June 2018

Cc : Marvel64

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
Takon231:
A mechanical engineer might score 90% from a state A and another mechanical engineer scores 60% from another state B.
That doesn't mean that the person in state A knows mechanical engineering more than the person in state B. This is just recruitment score.

So the person with 60% in state B can be recruited for a mechanical engineer position leaving the other one with 90% from state A due to the availability of slots in the two states.
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Takon231: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
ayodejiadetoro:

In your example above. What if the said top best 12 candidate from Rivers are all GT. Would they pick all to fill the available position for GT (I doubt that).

If not then there is a cadre/position consideration as you said already.

Considering whether GT or EH or position applied for is liken to bank hidden charges. Those are the small small properties of a recruitment process.
Whether everybody in Rivers state is GT or EH does not render a recruitment process null and void. That permutation is done within the recruiting agency.

What am telling u is FCC standard that must be met before a recruitment is termed valid.

But in all, every ingredient needed to prepare a balanced process would be considered.

(You might cook food without onion and nothing happens but u can't cook food without fire (heat). I hope this is clear enough.)

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Anextin(f): 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
Takon231:

Considering whether GT or EH or position applied for is liken to bank hidden charges. Those are the small small properties of a recruitment process.
Whether everybody in Rivers state is GT or EH does not render a recruitment process null and void. That permutation is done within the recruiting agency.

What am telling u is FCC standard that must be met before a recruitment is termed valid.

But in all, every ingredient needed to prepare a balanced process would be considered.

You might cook food without onion and nothing happens but u can't cook food with fire (heat). I hope this is clear enough.
Are there factors that can render this compliance index in effective?? Considering that in recent times its been noted that a particular state has more candidates in some federal offices more than an entire zone
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ayodejiadetoro(m): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
Takon231:

You might cook food without onion and nothing happens but u can't cook food with fire (heat). I hope this is clear enough.

Crystal clear. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ayodejiadetoro(m): 10:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
Anextin:

Are there factors that can render this compliance index in effective?? Considering that in recent times its been noted that a particular state has more candidates in some federal offices more than an entire zone

Probably making up for deficits.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Takon231: 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2018
Anextin:

So many factors.
For instance, in a case where Kano indigenes where used to cover up slots for Katsina in a particular recruitment, that makes the compliance index for katsina to be faulty. Hence, Katsina would get more slots in the next recruitment.

Secondly, deaths, retirement, resignation etc can cause a state to be under represented hence making the CDI faulty.

The misinformation is that, members of the public or press can only get figures pertaining a particular recruitment and they judge the compliance with those figures. They might not be able to get the CDI from FCC hence the inference that some states are favoured.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Takon231: 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2018
ayodejiadetoro:

Probably make up for deficits.

Thank u sir, u r write.

In the picture above, Katsina State might be covering slots ranging from:
Slots for past loopholes (based on CDI) + present recruitment slots + slots to cover other states in the same zone that couldn't cover their individual slots.

So what we see at the end of a recruitment might not really be what it meant. The more you look, the less you see. Except you are informed.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AIZubair(m): 12:02am On Jun 20, 2018
Good morning My people.
Today's 20th of June, 2018. Five days to 25th of June.
grin

14 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sagsabag(m): 12:18am On Jun 20, 2018
naijainstinct:
You be my potential colleague
Ameen my friend
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 7:56am On Jun 20, 2018
AIZubair:
Good morning My people.
grin
Well-done our ever efficient Zubair!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 8:14am On Jun 20, 2018
AIZubair:
Good morning My people.
grin

Alzubair the most accurate time keeper. Well done sir

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 20, 2018
AIZubair:
Good morning My people.
grin

Na to carry my chair sidon with you dey wait be dat cheesy

If dis beans make us purge again by 25th ehn! angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2018
Takon231:

So many factors.
For instance, in a case where Kano indigenes where used to cover up slots for Katsina in a particular recruitment, that makes the compliance index for katsina to be faulty. Hence, Katsina would get more slots in the next recruitment.

Secondly, deaths, retirement, resignation etc can cause a state to be under represented hence making the CDI faulty.

The misinformation is that, members of the public or press can only get figures pertaining a particular recruitment and they judge the compliance with those figures. They might not be able to get the CDI from FCC hence the inference that some states are favoured.

So I believe details like the "CDI" should be made explicitly known to all for the sake of transparency and clarity of doubts.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ojembaone: 9:58am On Jun 20, 2018
Good Morning all,

Has anyone been able to confirm if indeed there was a replacement list and that they have resumed?

Replacements could cut across GT to Directors so indirectly it affects all.

Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2018
ojembaone:
Good Morning all,

Has anyone been able to confirm if indeed there was a replacement list and that they have resumed?

Replacements could cut across GT to Directors so indirectly it affects all.

Thanks
which replacement are you talking about?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ghostgambler: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2018
hammer2010:

Na to carry my chair sidon with you dey wait be dat cheesy

If dis beans make us purge again by 25th ehn! angry lipsrsealed

Be like u bin de hall four for uniben that place na beans cooking head quarters

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
See as people come quiet, heart skipping beats, praying and waiting.

grin grin grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by caruzo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
Ghostgambler:
Be like u bin de hall four for uniben that place na beans cooking head quarters

Greatest of the greatest Uniben student.....Greatest Engineering student in the house where una dey.

5 days loading....there shall be a manifestation. Glory to God.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
now it is school supremacy, wia are my ABU Guys...lets shine as we await our APLS

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
iman62588:
now it is school supremacy, wia are my ABU Guys...lets shine as we await our APLS
lmao, una no well
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by BKR001(m): 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
iman62588:
A. B. U the greatest, here we are the great ABUSITE

We will all shine insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
Lets stop this famzing with the nonsense nigerian schools we went to. APL is the main thing. Lets keep our nonsense great schools to ourselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.