Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3684351 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Bbloom: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
!!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by qhuadry(m): 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
Gemini13:

Nice job so far.. But if you really are concerned about us you should be able to share the list with us as it will be a good foundation to lay our protest on and also calm some nerves. Also I advise you share a copy of you employment letter so we know you mean well for the rest of us.

I am with u on this. the last DPR recruitment, the hopefuls had already confirmed their names on the list before they stage a protest and publish a letter requesting DPR to release the names..
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
Bbloom:
This thread has become my latest source of entertainment

Captain said he got his by merit una say no no way person epp am!!!

That means you must at least know what's going on, throw more light on this "stakeholder" and normal list, what do you know bro? I agreed with the guy, until he started about some staff commenting that they are gurus, how would they know that?

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
caruzo:
Being speechless, hopeful and prayerful since on Monday when Letters started flying out.As we all know this process seems now to be biased, hijacked and taken over by Stakeholders. Buharis Government Officials are not true to themselves.By the way, who started this 80% MERIT HOAX.That person did more harm than good .If I had heeded to a friends advice since interview days there would have been no need following this bumper to bumper.For our info,APC folks don take over;even the Minister for State of Petroleum Resources Daughter has collected.How can Tatas Secretary been saying if we don't hear from them tomorrow or Monday, we should forget about it.WHAT A HIGH LEVEL OF HIGI HAGA AND CRINKUM CRANKUM attitude from them in this final stage of this recruitment that some of us risks our time, life, money,even current job etc from the baby stage and now for adults to behave civilized, democratic and honest is a problem.Imagine one of them saying today that since we were contacted individually from exam invite and interview invite, there is no issue or problem now.I had to tell him how much is the cost of text or email.He was speechless.

So my people, the only thing left now to first continuing praying.If God say let go,let us let go for only He can fight for us.He disappoints the device of the crafty and their hands cant perform their Enterprise. Next is to cry out publicly via facebook,twitter, Channels TV , Sahara Reporters etc but we know say we cant fight the government, ask yourself or remind yourself of CBN,FIRS,NCC etc that they play us wayo.Wetin happen after, It was swept under the carpet.So na who get power and time go protest na.Remember say Democracy nor dey Nigeria again.If you argue, ask Fayose.

Finally and personally I will keep praying with Hope against hope believing what God said and also what Marvel is still telling us.Believe God, you shall be established and believe His Messenger and you shall prosper too.Life goes on and better jobs still ahead. let us (the UN-STAKEHOLDEEES) dont give up.What is yours is yours.Better find Malt and Chicken drink now and say NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE.IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW.

Very poor reasoning

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by caruzo(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
balisco:
Check ur portal, status ave been change from approved to congratulations. Cheers

epitome of poor reasoning
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AfribaryChika(f): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dhl

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
mRjandz06:
[color=#000099][/color]

Oga forget it!

I’ll still advise you don’t instigate anything!

The process is not over yet...

The only difference between folks that went to school and those that didn’t get the chance to go is “the ability to do things smartly and to approach situations differently”

You want to fight a process that’s not yet over..how logical is that??

It is termed DOA (Dead on Arrival!)

Have you seen any official information from DPR as regards the process yet Hmmm

“Recruitment that even staff union can’t fight”

I still wish you well tho!

Folks just be wise! And don’t let anyone take you cheap for personal gains!

Cheerz!
Bros u just don't understand neverdown999, he never said people shld go and protest rather people shld be alert and b aware of what is happening y applicants shld wait and give DPR time and if DPR didn't release d merit list den applicants will proceed but at d time been wait. Wat CNT u understand. If go back to other pages u will find out that neverdown999 was not the first person dat bring this idea, it have been suggested a day ago.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
caruzo:

epitome of poor reasoning
pathologically poor in reasoning
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel we are still waiting
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GreatEngineer(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
We are still patiently waiting, but by the end of next week if nothing happens concerning the merit list, the patient is not worth it so protest will start.
You can't give some people APLs and after ten days others still can't get theirs, meaning something is happening somewhere.

Istandwithnextweekend.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
AfribaryChika:
Dhl
Please explain
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Updates!

Meeting summary

- The total number of staff recruited is 400
- The first batch this week.
- The second batch next week.
- They have started contacting GT and EH. Most will be contacted from next week.
- Pick up @ zonal offices
- Contact, calls and sms.
- Resumption is August.

That’s all I know.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel65:
Updates!

Meeting summary

- They have started contacting GT and EH. Most will be contacted from next week.
- Resumption is August
Many thanks!

Should we expect any change on our portals?
Does the 400 include stakeholder candidates and general candidates?
Have all letters arrived at all zonal offices especially Port Harcourt office?

That’s all I know.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel65:
Updates!

Meeting summary

- Resumption is August.

That’s all I know.

Many thanks!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by izulagambu: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please @ Marvel, does d 400 recruited comprise d experienced, d GT, the ND? And if yes, is the 200 given to stakeholders taken from d 400?. Pls, and if the second question gets yes as an answer, what is d number of GT finally selected based on merit? Thanks for your anticipated and previous responses.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel65:
Updates!

Meeting summary

- Resumption is August.

That’s all I know.

Do you mean they have started contacting merit candidates officially?

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
Why is no one talking about the 200 allocated to stakeholders, isn't that much already ?

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dockie21:

Many thanks!

I don’t know whether the portals will be used.

Yes, 400 includes the merit and stakeholders candidates.

I don’t know about the location of the letters, but once it gets to the zonal offices they will start contacting the successful ones. Just be patient with them.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by salesani88: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
My fear is: DPR could say all candidates (merit + stakeholders) made it on merit, meaning it's only me and you know "stakeholders list", and DPR lumps everything as merit. Has anyone thought about that?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nigerianonym: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
It is quite unfortunate that in a country like this, 500 people are recruited into a major parastatal, and only about 300 would merit it.

I don't know how I'll feel, knowing some of the people I'll call "my colleagues" did not lift a pencil to secure this job, while some people read, toiled, burned the midnight oil, prayed and fasted. Some people had to embark on impromptu journeys, just to write the aptitude test and get interviewed.

God dey!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Onyiridike:

Do you mean they have started contacting merit candidates officially?

I just feel he was not honest. Mr Tata might have presented what the rest wanted to hear. I’m sure he has other plans.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel are we gonna b asking for too much if u can help check for some of us who care,I think daz d height of wat u can do to help us,though we appreciate your effort
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel65:

I just feel he was not honest. Mr Tata might have presented what the rest wanted to hear. I’m sure he has other plans.
Please sir if 400 includes merit and stakeholders then how many candidates are chosen purely on merit and how many out of the 400 is for stakeholders.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
Captain777:
I have just collected my apl at Maiduguri zonal office of Dpr. I don't care if you believe it or not. For your information, 3 of us receive it this morning at the zonal office. I overheard one of the staffs saying "this boys are gurus ooo.." the statement caught my attention so after collection I reached out to the other two guys to ask them few questions. Both are GTs, 1st class students with masters both. And both received the same calls almost the same time yesterday. Let me tell you few things about myself personally. I also finished with 1st class, had Master's and currently running my PhD program. I have registered with two professional bodies. The Aptitude test was very easy for me, I am very sure I scored more than 95%, my interview was tough, they asked me too many questions and I was wrong in some of them.

I wish to say more especially what happened at the zonal office today with photos proofs, but too many negativity in this room. So yeah, believe it or not, it's your cup of tea. Thank you.

Very lovely write-up.

But how are you so sure you scored 95% when 3 of the 45 questions were deliberately left with wrong answers.

If you missed 2, you scored 96% approximately, missed 3, it goes 93.3%.

Bros, i do not have issue with you getting letter but above 95% scores sounds like an exaggeration. 91, 89.. yes but above 95%.

Except unless you went into the exam hall with the ICE 2012 GMAT. Even at that how on earth did you permutate over 45 correct questions out of 450 possible questions.

I do not wanna rain on your parade but i met some first class that also didn't make the initial cut off untill DPR reduced for them and contacted them on a later date. No be by first class bros. Men plenty wen ace first class for here.

Congrats on your letter though.

Hey folks, it was never meant to be a smooth level playing ground for all applicants. On my interview day, i met a lady who was practically worshipped by DPR staff, from the ones screening to the ones directing to interview rooms. She was even asked why she came all the way from such a distance(name of place withheld).

Lets just keep calm till next week, i do have a strong feeling some folks will be called but then the level of professionalism showcased by DPR is nothing to write home about. They should have just released the list together with the merit.

All will definitely be well.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
Onyiridike:

Please sir if 400 includes merit and stakeholders then how many candidates are chosen purely on merit and how many out of the 400 is for stakeholders.

300 merit candidates and 100 stakeholder candidates make up the 400

The additional 100 for this years fresh recruitment was given to stakeholders due to pressure and to protect the merit candidates. Most people don’t know about this.

500 senior staff was recruited now they say it’s 400.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
we are just wailing here like PDP, if you have any move to make just make it now don't wait cos in another two weeks everything will be over and this thread will come to an end.

All this hope of wait, I don't buy it cos it's obvious things are very wrong. The truth is there is no merit or stakeholders list.

During the interview that they were asking most of you if you know anyone in dpr or govt what were you guys thinking? That was the most important question of the interview others were just for the gallery, some of us were so happy we got all our questions right and created a good impression.

I have learnt alot from this recruitment and it just made me registered for ielts today, I need to leave this shithole.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel65:

The additional 100 for this years fresh recruitment was given to stakeholders due to pressure and to protect the merit candidates. Most people don’t know about this.

500 was recruited now they say it’s 400.

Thank you sir. Please can you check for someone if she made the list?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nigerianonym: 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
Marvel65:

500 senior staff was recruited now they say it’s 400.

Could you help check if anyone made the list, please?
I could drop my reference number and you help confirm.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Castro123456: 10:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
lawrence83:

Very lovely write-up.

But how are you so sure you scored 95% when 3 of the 45 questions were deliberately left with wrong answers.

If you missed 2, you scored 96% approximately, missed 3, it goes 93.3%.

Bros, i do not have issue with you getting letter but above 95% scores sounds like an exaggeration. 91, 89.. yes but above 95%.

Except unless you went into the exam hall with the ICE 2012 GMAT. Even at that how on earth did you permutate over 45 correct questions out of 450 possible questions.

I do not wanna rain on your parade but i met some first class that also didn't make the initial cut off untill DPR reduced for them and contacted them on a later date. No be by first class bros. Men plenty wen ace first class for here.

Congrats on your letter though.

Hey folks, it was never meant to be a smooth level playing ground for all applicants. On my interview day, i met a lady who was practically worshipped by DPR staff, from the ones screening to the ones directing to interview rooms. She was even asked why she came all the way from such a distance(name of place withheld).

Lets just keep calm till next week, i do have a strong feeling some folks will be called but then the level of professionalism showcased by DPR is nothing to write home about. They should have just released the list together with the merit.

All will definitely be well.
God bless u for dis write up,is even up to 5...I don't think someone got up to 80% nd e is claiming 95%
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ceocity: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
@Marvel65, thanks for the expo. Pls, help us track the letters and update us when they get to Zonal Offices.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
Now we know the real truth behind the question. Smh
acmilan1:
we are just wailing here like PDP, if you have any move to make just make it now don't wait cos in another two weeks everything will be over and this thread will come to an end.

All this hope of wait, I don't buy it cos it's obvious things are very wrong. The truth is there is no merit or stakeholders list.

[b]During the interview that they were asking most of you if you know anyone in dpr or govt what were you guys thinking? That was the most important question of the interview [/b]others were just for the gallery, some of us were so happy we got all our questions right and created a good impression.

I have learnt alot from this recruitment and it just made me registered for ielts today, I need to leave this shithole.

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70