Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,318 members, 7,850,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3694321 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2018
The problem is that its no longer the south or north being favoured the most, even fedral charachter is no longer followed. The guy from my state, a northwestern state is among the best performing candidates in this recruitment but was dropped for someone who has strong political backing, if indeed federal charachter was followed he would have been picked. You see, everything in this country is compromised, a recruitment that the minimun qualification is 2-2 but third class and pass candidates will be considered ahead of a first class graduate, how will the country ever prosper? Only few organizations advertise their recruitment nowadays, and i bet you in the next few years recruitment will be solely on who you know. Just last month graduates were busy sending applications through NASRDA gateway while a friend of mine is chilling with his APL to resume october.dont waste your time praying for Nigeria, it will never change. And if you like protest from now till 2025, the highest DPR will issue a public statement. grin[center][/center]
Setaje:
you guys should stop blaming buhari. there is absolutely nothing he can do. he cannot monitor common DPR list. this is how federal recruitment have been and will always be. it cannot change. unless we remove federal character, and start practising true federalism. imagine a guy scoring above 90 yet will not be picked and someone who got 70 but from the north and he is probably the highest in that state will be picked. this sort of thing will always draw Nigeria backwards. so its not buharis fault. DPR even tried small. If you are a man and you don't get letter last last, I assume you are still young, don't stay in this country. live while you have the chance.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by notindome(m): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2018
elbangeez:
The problem is that its no longer the south or north being favoured the most, even fedral charachter is no longer followed. The guy from my state, a northwestern state is among the best performing candidates in this recruitment but was dropped for someone who has strong political backing, if indeed federal charachter was followed he would have been picked. You see, everything in this country is compromised, a recruitment that the minimun qualification is 2-2 but third class and pass candidates will be considered ahead of a first class graduate, how will the country ever prosper? Only few organizations advertise their recruitment nowadays, and i bet you in the next few years recruitment will be solely on who you know. [b] Just last month graduates were busy sending applications through NASRDA gateway while a friend of mine is chilling with his APL to resume october. [/b]dont waste your time praying for Nigeria, it will never change. And if you like protest from now till 2025, the highest DPR will issue a public statement. grin[center][/center]

@bolded. Now that is undisputedly the definition of a Shit-hole country. Lol

Stay hopeful guys.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by emeritus007: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=elbangeez post=69853188]
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2018
elbangeez:
The problem is that its no longer the south or north being favoured the most, even fedral charachter is no longer followed. The guy from my state, a northwestern state is among the best performing candidates in this recruitment but was dropped for someone who has strong political backing, if indeed federal charachter was followed he would have been picked. You see, everything in this country is compromised, a recruitment that the minimun qualification is 2-2 but third class and pass candidates will be considered ahead of a first class graduate, how will the country ever prosper? Only few organizations advertise their recruitment nowadays, and i bet you in the next few years recruitment will be solely on who you know. Just last month graduates were busy sending applications through NASRDA gateway while a friend of mine is chilling with his APL to resume october.dont waste your time praying for Nigeria, it will never change. And if you like protest from now till 2025, the highest DPR will issue a public statement. grin[center][/center]
That's just it!
We (the populace) are in this together, forget north or south. Na people wey get leg!
Ordinary Northerners too are facing the same fate as ordinary southerners.
I am from a Northern State (NC) and I saw my number on the purported merit list, have been called? No.

And like she rightly said she knows 4 people from states (in the south oo) that all got their APL through backdoor.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2018
You waiting for interview? Lmao. Just yesterday a friend got his FIRS letter, no application, no interview nothing. Better shine your eyes if you really need federal govt job in this country.
emeritus007:

elbangeez, are you sure about the NASRDA stuff? when did the interview hold? how? I'm shocked!

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by emeritus007: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2018
elbangeez:
You waiting for interview? Lmao. Just yesterday a friend got his FIRS letter, no application, no interview nothing. Better shine your eyes if you really need federal govt job in this country.
Subhanallah! Allah ya sa mu dace.... I'm speechless
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by hyp3r: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2018
Marvel65:

This is what I know for science and Engineering.

- 9 months for training and attachment.
- It will be in batches.
- Monthly Submission of reports within the period of training.
- Performance Appraisal of new recruits within 6-12months.
- Confirmation after 12months.
- Commencement of regulatory work may be on the 3rd year of service. First 2 years under supervision.

See things.

Is this applicable to EH and GT? Will they be mixed together during training?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 31, 2018
hyp3r:

See things.

Is this applicable to EH and GT? Will they be mixed together during training?

GT
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2018
elbangeez:

Maybe his name was on the supplementary list.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 11:05am On Jul 31, 2018
Supplemantary list without applying?
Marvel65:

Maybe his name was on the supplementary list.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2018
elbangeez:
Supplemantary list without applying?

Yes, it’s very possible.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2018
Ok, thank you sir for the enlightenment.
Marvel65:

Yes, it’s very possible.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Viking007(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2018
elbangeez:
Reading the attached letter, mehn this country is gone. My good friend has been pursuing this job for 3yrs now.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by habakukjss3: 11:48am On Jul 31, 2018
elbangeez:
Im not being too negative but rather realistic, i never ruled out getting an appointment with DPR else i wont be commenting on this thread again. But truth be told, the whole recruitment is marred with serious corruption and nepotism, the guy that came overall from my state was dropped, he scored an average of 90+ and hes an engineer, how do you want this kind of person to feel?. I am not a sadist thats why i wish everyone that got his ApL a successful career with DPR, but if it is difficult for an agency to recruit just 300 candidates on merit out of 700+ approved for recruitment then something is wrong in this country. Politicians collected their slots and yet its not enuff for them they have to also dip their hand into merit pot. Na waoo grin grin grin grin

Don't ever believe the hoax that about 300 candidates out of 700 candidates got it on merit. For instance, in my state out of the 8 candidates that got APLs , 6 are SH candidates. similar things played out in other states. I think less than 150 got it on merit. This DPR whining is not different from APC government
propanga
It's really painful to bear especially when you feel you have been robbed

10 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by notindome(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2018
@Marvel65, hope to get an update from you as regards status of things and the feedback you promised as per outcome of union/management meeting last Thursday.

@Neverdown999, hope you are ok and fine? Not heard from you after your last post. The way this country is now, with what you did as per leaking the list, hope you are still on course? Not in soup, No carrots, No stick? Hope to hear from you.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by bellaenkay(f): 11:54am On Jul 31, 2018

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2018
Marvel65:

Yes, it’s very possible.

Gradually you are beginning to say the truth on how things are; no more sugar-coating. An offer letter states "Further to your recent interview", yet you agree it is possible for an individual to be on waiting list without following due process of recruitment. Naija I hail thee!!! See the boldness is asserting such act as a norm... #Tufia

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2018
simplynace:

Gradually you are beginning to say the truth on how things are; no more sugar-coating. An offer letter states "Further to your recent interview", yet you agree it is possible for an individual to be on waiting list without following due process of recruitment. Naija I hail thee!!! See the boldness is asserting such act as a norm... #Tufia

I’m not here to say what people want to hear. I won’t gain anything by doing so. When I post an information, it’s left for the house to confirm or verify such info. The truth is DPR recruitment compared to FIRS is way better.

The supplementary list is always done secretly and you need an insider to give 24/7 update concerning slots that are yet to be filled. Its a different game entirely compared to the main list.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
Pdirac:
@Marvel65, I have been asking questions about Pharmacy for some time now, but it seems like you are intentionally ignoring them. Please, any news will do just fine. Thanks.

No information. I will get back to you.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
Marvel65:

No information. I will get back to you.

Thanks, really appreciate.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
Marvel we ain't hearing anyone testifying just yet on the calls maybe nairaland... Was the position are they done with d calls?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
notindome:
@Marvel65, hope to get an update from you as regards status of things and the feedback you promised as per outcome of union/management meeting last Thursday.

@Neverdown999, hope you are ok and fine? Not heard from you after your last post. The way this country is now, with what you did as per leaking the list, hope you are still on course? Not in soup, No carrots, No stick? Hope to hear from you.

The meeting was cancelled for certain reasons. It will happen this week.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
iman62588:
Marvel we ain't hearing anyone testifying just yet on the calls maybe nairaland... Was the position are they done with d calls?

They will soon start calling. DPR management held a meeting yesterday. Please be patient.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Marvel65:

I’m not here to say what people want to hear. I won’t gain anything by doing so. When I post an information, it’s left for the house to confirm or verify such info. The truth is DPR recruitment compared to FIRS is way better.

The supplementary list is always done secretly and you need an insider to give 24/7 update concerning slots that are yet to be filled. Its a different game entirely compared to the main list.

I would want to believe so...

Any info concerning Ebonyi state please?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by qhuadry(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
Not that am trying to defend DPR faults in this recruitment but the way things are unfolding in this thread is very funny....Now we have people complaining about the integrity of this recruitment, some even call the country a sh*t hole country(which am partially in agreement with), but the moment DPR calls again and one or two of them receive the call, they will go awol another set will emerge with the same complaints(remember the last week protest group).....am also an applicant and I have not been called by DPR but my cousin was called when DPR started calling successful officially. me, I don't know any SH candidate but the only one am sure of is that of my cousin who was called mainly on merit, am not saying there are no SH candidate but i don't just know any personally....if u cannot wait like me for God's grace, kindly follow elbangeez advice about using long legs also, the lamenting is just too much on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by phillip4re: 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2018
qhuadry:
Not that am trying to defend DPR faults in this recruitment but the way things are unfolding in this thread is very funny....Now we have people complaining about the integrity of this recruitment, some even call the country a sh*t hole country(which am partially in agreement with), but the moment DPR calls again and one or two of them receive the call, they will go awol another set will emerge with the same complaints(remember the last week protest group).....am also an applicant and I have not been called by DPR but my cousin was called when DPR started calling successful officially. me, I don't know any SH candidate but the only one am sure of is that of my cousin who was called mainly on merit, am not saying there are no SH candidate but i don't just know any personally....if u cannot wait like me for God's grace, kindly follow elbangeez advice about using long legs also, the lamenting is just too much on this thread.
No more lamentation.If you can't wait for it, then forget it...SIMPLE...I am also waiting for the call......

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.