Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media (38276 Views)

Apply For Stanbic IBTC Fresh Graduate & Experience Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / KPMG Nigeria Fresh Graduate And Experience Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / KPMG Nigeria Fresh Graduate And Experience Job Recruitment (4 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
Op so you're that Juliet That likes using "Linda take note", unnecessarily...So annoying. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Nmanuanu(f): 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
At least they called you in for an interview. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by davide470(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
DMeanMan:

I don't know you but I can take a wild guess that NaijaSingleGirl earn wayyyy more than you do!!!
Please tell the dude..

..but she is quite stingy though! angry
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
DMeanMan:

You clearly don't know your onions when it comes to the Nigeria Blogging space.

I don't know you but I can take a wild guess that NaijaSingleGirl earn wayyyy more than you do!!!

hehehehehehehehe.....like you said , you dont know me...so I'll let you wallow in your ignorance grin...cheers mate cool
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Olulinks(m): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
It's been a while here. smiley

So, NSG, you would have taken the job if you were given the opportunity? It's been quite a while, how you dey?
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
davide470:
Please tell the dude..

..but she is quite stingy though! angry

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Olulinks(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheSlyone2:
Naijasinglegirl for your mind, you expect this to get to front page. If you have not heard, you should have read that Seun has a crush for linda Ikeji. So I'm afraid this post won't see the dark of the night
Bro, it just did. Linda disappointed NSG and Seun disappointed you. Life's in circle.
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

hehehehehehehehe.....like you said , you dont know me...so I'll let you wallow in your ignorance grin...cheers mate cool

Makes the two of us grin grin
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
DMeanMan:

Makes the two of us grin grin

makes only you, grin.....unlike you, I know how the Blogosphere WORLDWIDE works... wink #GoFigure.....oh and Trust me...she doesnt earn more than I do...dont ask me how I know grin
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by yogun(f): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
I don’t know what I was expecting or why I applied.

All I know is I saw the ad among other job vacancies and forwarded my CV like thousands of Nigerians. It was listed on most job sites I visited in no specific category because Linda Ikeji, being the super woman that she is was hiring for 16 listed positions at the same time. No requirements or job descriptions were stated. smiley

Sometimes I feel curiosity pushed me. The last thing I was expecting was an invitation but it came long after I had forgotten.
I was given a 17-hour notice. My schedule was tight.
“Should I go or should I not?” I kept asking myself. Then I went to play mind games with a few friends.

“Can you work for Linda Ikeji Media?”
“Why?”

“Can you work for Linda Ikeji Media?”
“What’s that?”

“Can you work for Linda Ikeji?”
“Hahahahahahahhahahahaha”

Other responses were,

“Say wetin?”
“I can. If they’ll pay at least 400k.”
“Omo I can oh but it’s going to look weird on my CV.”
“No.”
“Yes. Any problem?”

Everyone’s path is different so I went. Basically, nothing would change in my life for that day if I waved the invitation and focused on my daily routine. On the other hand, I could meet someone that might change my life on my way out to LIM. I could get a good offer there. I could churn out a blog post in worst case scenario.

The security personnel were nice. You’d have to show proof of your invite before you are allowed in.
I was early. Other candidates kept trouping in long after I was seated. The staff there were mostly security and office cleaning staff.

Reception was filled within a short time so they kept others to sit in other offices. I can’t deny the little I saw of the building was impressive. I could see everyone that walked in. The boys, most of them looking like they were scouted from the blog’s comment section.
The ladies were different – Midi dresses, Brazilian hair & 4-inch heels. I think I was the only one girl who looked as carefree as an LIB comment section person.
Juliet Iwuno to be precise. Linda, take note.

They kept me for 3 hours, 4 minutes. A turnoff because I value my time and no updates were given while I waited. I tried to stay entertained by watching Linda’s brother walk around the premises. One or two persons looked recognisable. Her kid sister I think but man, I was bored to death.

Eventually, I was called. Two men made up the panel. The two men were to screen from a pool of candidates comprising of accountants, editors, engineers, customer care, IT professionals etc
I refuse to question the effectiveness of that.

“Tell me about yourself.” I did.
“Do you have a blog?”
“No. But I know a lot about setting up and running a blog, growing user base, social amplification etc” I said. I tried to give pointers to back my answer.
He asked what I did in addition to why I want to work there.

I spoke about what I do, my career objectives fused with what I assumed was the company vision (since they had none) and yes, what I admired in Linda.

Oh boy! What I said was rubbished and the man who headed the interview gave me a very condescending reply.

He said that is not a job! There’s nothing special about that. Anybody can do that. Using big grammar as if that is a job. “I’m sure you are one of those people who want to work here so they can boast to their friends, I work for Linda Ikeji. I’m working in Linda Ikeji media,” he said, mimicking a sissy’s manner of speaking.
“You want to work here because you’ve seen fine office abi. I hope you know this is a high pressured environment with targets.”

I’d rather not go into full details of the entire conversation.

I kept my calm even though all I wanted to utter was, “Oga, are you kidding me?”. I would have felt bad if I took the entire interview serious.
In the past couple of months, I have sat at the panel side in a number of interviews. Experience being among an interview panel and a ‘full-time job hunter’ in the past has taught me how to spot who is work-smart in a pool of 2’1 graduates, interpret body language, know tricky & test questions, know when an interviewer is intentionally provoking a candidate to test their tolerance level etc so I refuse to fault my performance this time around.

The other guy was cool. Tried to advocate for me once or twice but the interview ended as quickly as it began.
In no time I was out of the ‘fine office’ to happily resume my job the interviewer said was not a job.

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/job-hunting-linda-ikeji-media-experience/

Team#LindaIkeji as unprofessional as ever, they can't even reply a formal email well.
i wish them well
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
directonpc:
Naijasinglegirl I love ur blog. You don't need a job.
lemme have link to her blog
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by AssLeeKar: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2016
DMeanMan:

Same way Seun goes about shouting "I'm the owner of Nairaland"

Over 95% of Naijasinglegirl followers can't put a face to that name. I'd rather it remain that way.

abeg no mind dat NL boss; na so our nigeria people too dey pose 4 notting if na him be facebook owner I am very sure he will even label his name on peoples pix! And as for Naijasinglegirl, dat Linda Shiiity hole should never be visited by anyone who values his or her sanity. Even if hunger dey in nija God forbid me to apply or even go near there. Instead let me die of hunger sef. sad not hatinng just sayingmy mind...
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by obstead200(m): 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
So you denied your own blog lol.... Who knows, maybe that would have gotten you the job.
She is a very smart girl.
If that washed out chick called Linda ikeji knows a single thing about naijasinglegirl, she will definitely borrow sense and hire her at all costs.
I will very much like to meet naijasinglegirl one day.
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by obstead200(m): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
tonyfrenzy:

Don't know if you really need another blogger to employ you.

Frankly, you don't know how to monetize you blog?

OMG, maybe you don't know you're worth more than what you weighed yourself to be.

Can we talk about the loads of affiliate programs you could have joined and be smiling to the bank?
No, not even Google Adsense

Better had bing this:
@ the bolded,
Trust me, she knows way more than u can imagine.
Do u know the number of followers this single story just added to her?

As far as I am concerned, that girl is one of the smartest bloggers Nigeria ever produced.
She blogs in a niche of her own

1 Like

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Philipmems(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
Izen:

Did she tell you she is a descriptive essay writer? This is nonfiction biko.

What she wrote there is a descriptive/narrative essay... of real life event from her own perspective... I never said it wasn't non fiction, it's a non fiction prose.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by chumakk: 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
Philipmems:
Descriptive essay was okay but highly biased... when using Pathos in your write up don't give your audience an obvious feeling that you are sentimental, let them be the judge of it. That's how to write a good descriptive essay of this genre.
who cares
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Philipmems(m): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2016
chumakk:
who cares

You care .. that's why you commented... if not you would have saved your mb..
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by chumakk: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
Philipmems:

You care .. that's why you commented... if not you would have saved your mb..
who cares the style of writing you used. What matters is the story. You don't need to follow any rules.
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
obstead200:

She is a very smart girl.
If that washed out chick called Linda ikeji knows a single thing about naijasinglegirl, she will definitely borrow sense and hire her at all costs.
I will very much like to meet naijasinglegirl one day.

I didn't dispute that fact.
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Philipmems(m): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
chumakk:
who cares the style of writing you used. What matters is the story. You don't need to follow any rules.

True talk... my intention was just to educate those who would love to major in Proper Artistic Writing... but it's all good.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by MrRichy(m): 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
If you had said you are a Wizkid hater, you would have walked home with your appointment letter.

grin
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Orikinla(m): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2016
The question is: CAN LIB PAY SALARIES?
She owed some people who edited her defunct FM&B magazine and never paid them till date.
And she has never been in formal employment before.
It is one thing to have a successful celebrity gossip blog and entirely another thing to run a limited liability company paying salaries with benefits.
By the time she pays 18 people salaries from N500, 000 to N6m annually for two years, her eyes will see the difference between the Great Wall of China and the Berlin Wall before it was demolished.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by UjSizzle(f): 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
silverdam:
Naijasinglegirl hi, i was also at the interview that very day. I haven't gotten a feedback yet as well, still waiting for callback, even others haven't gotten a feedback too. Only God knows what is going on...
If you went there to apply for the job of a reporter or creative writer, I think she already picked her people.
Last time I was there, I saw a few folks around, and aunty Linda had a paper with shortlisted candidates.

This was sometime last month btw. She told me she was handling the interview for reporters, but the guys I spoke with at the reception said they were around for creative writing. And then she took them around to see the studio and whatever.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by rhames(m): 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
welcome back to Nairaland
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
TheSlyone2:
Naijasinglegirl for your mind, you expect this to get to front page. If you have not heard, you should have read that Seun has a crush for linda Ikeji. So I'm afraid this post won't see the dark of the night

A complete waste of space. undecided
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by TomHagen: 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
Naijasinglegirl:
It's been a while here. smiley
You use style dey yab Linda shey?
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by silverdam(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
UjSizzle:

If you went there to apply for the job of a reporter or creative writer, I think she already picked her people.
Last time I was there, I saw a few folks around, and aunty Linda had a paper with shortlisted candidates.

This was sometime last month btw. She told me she was handling the interview for reporters, but the guys I spoke with at the reception said they were around for creative writing. And then she took them around to see the studio and whatever.
Oh, is it that they have been selected already? Cos according to a source, i was told no one has been called to come start work or whatsoever, a friend was even invited for an interview just last week Thursday. So everyone is kinda confused on what is going on exactly. But she didn't interview any of us and almost everyone applied as a writer, reporter but she never interviewed us. Please what else do you know?
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by adisa204(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
xmileeasy:
"you don see fine office". By the way you shouldn't have deny your blog
she runs an anonymous blog so her identity is hidden.
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Codyt(m): 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
Philipmems:
Descriptive essay was okay but highly biased... when using Pathos in your write up don't give your audience an obvious feeling that you are sentimental, let them be the judge of it. That's how to write a good descriptive essay of this genre.
You can do better. Flaw Pointer tongue lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by SassyVixen(f): 4:54am On Oct 27, 2016
TheSlyone2:
This is the part where you get to eat your words tongue
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Philipmems(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2016
Codyt:

You can do better. Flaw Pointer tongue lipsrsealed
Flaw Pointer.. lol . Thanks for the compliment, I will extend your greeting to my fellow English Major students.. if constructive criticism is considered to be wrong in your country, it's not wrong in mine... it's welcomed here that's why we are world powers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt / How My Friend Got A Job That Gave Him N5m In Just Four Months / FAAN Successful Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.