Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media (38040 Views)

Apply For Stanbic IBTC Fresh Graduate & Experience Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / KPMG Nigeria Fresh Graduate And Experience Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / KPMG Nigeria Fresh Graduate And Experience Job Recruitment (4 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Codyt(m): 12:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Philipmems:

Flaw Pointer.. lol . Thanks for the compliment, I will extend your greeting to my fellow English Major students.. if constructive criticism is considered to be wrong in your country, it's not wrong in mine... it's welcomed here that's why we are world powers.
Sigh... You need to chill out. Didn't expect that to be taken seriously, since I added a smiley.
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Philipmems(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
Codyt:

Sigh... You need to chill out. Didn't expect that to be taken seriously, since I added a smiley.

cheesy cheesy chiling out grin grin
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Codyt(m): 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
Philipmems:

cheesy cheesy chiling out grin grin
Jah bless bro grin
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by soundcraft: 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
I was there for the interview also and I concluded that Linda Ikeji is not ready for serious and standard TV Broadcasting because she handed the recruitment exercise to panel of mediocres

1. The interview was delayed for more than 4 hours without any reason which is highly unprofessional and unacceptable in production house rules.
2. When I entered the interview room and saw the panel members (2 guys), I shook my head and asked question in my mind "what's the profile of my interviewers in broadcast engineering.
3. Lo and Behold! in 3mins of conversation, it was cleared that those guys have no idea of my job title.
4. I tried to lecture them of difference between Job title A and Job title B, with their respective job description but I realized they were not moving at my pace at all.

In conclusion, my advice for Linda Ikeji is to look out for professionals to help her in the area of out-sourcing.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Philipmems(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Codyt:

Jah bless bro grin

You too bro... cool cool grin
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Incrizz(f): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
Quite unlike you NSG.
I smell envy or is it jealousy everywhere on your post. I don't know what I smellgrin
Weren't you in a good mood when you wrote this piece or that Interviewer pissed you off real good? undecided

*Come let me massage your feet*
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by silverdam(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
soundcraft:
I was there for the interview also and I concluded that Linda Ikeji is not ready for serious and standard TV Broadcasting because she handed the recruitment exercise to panel of mediocres

1. The interview was delayed for more than 4 hours without any reason which is highly unprofessional and unacceptable in production house rules.
2. When I entered the interview room and saw the panel members (2 guys), I shook my head and asked question in my mind "what's the profile of my interviewers in broadcast engineering.
3. Lo and Behold! in 3mins of conversation, it was cleared that those guys have no idea of my job title.
4. I tried to lecture them of difference between Job title A and Job title B, with their respective job description but I realized they were not moving at my pace at all.

In conclusion, my advice for Linda Ikeji is to look out for professionals to help her in the area of out-sourcing.
Did you get any feedback after the interview? Cos everyone i know including me didn't get a feedback till now...
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by soundcraft: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
silverdam:
Did you get any feedback after the interview? Cos everyone i know including me didn't get a feedback till now...

Yes, I got a phone call but I wasn't interested anymore.
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by bigtt76(f): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sometimes, people just look for side jobs to inspire them the more. May not necessarily because she lacks vision. She does have vision and skills too. She would definitely go places.

selfemployed:
I'm surprised this nsg is looking for a job at lib. Appears to me she lacks vision. Shouldn't she be working on how to do better than chimamanda adichie
Nsg should contact me for ideas if she needs them
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by bigtt76(f): 6:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sad that she got herself advised by unprofessional people and others without an inkling of what it takes to manage those businesses she's set up. I wish her the best though.

soundcraft:

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Ishilove: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
Philipmems:
Descriptive essay was okay but highly biased... when using Pathos in your write up don't give your audience an obvious feeling that you are sentimental, let them be the judge of it. That's how to write a good descriptive essay of this genre.
Nope, wrong. Very wrong. She is obviously upset by the experience and it reflects in the tone of the essay. TONE. We the readers FEEL the emotion that inspired the essay, which, in my opinion is one of the hallmarks of a fantastic descriptive essay.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Philipmems:

What she wrote there is a descriptive/narrative essay... of real life event from her own perspective... I never said it wasn't non fiction, it's a non fiction prose.
Her own perspective makes the article subjective, which automatically means it will follow the rules of subjectivity.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
I always come across that "Linda take note" each time of linda ikeji.

I don't think your experience is a let down after all. It's probably an opportunity to come up with something big. You have great writing skills.

http://www.hubscroll.com/2017/10/linda-ikeji.html
Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by Sayboy: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2020
Confused about how to move ahead in your career?

Let's help you through your career, turnaround your disappointment and land an offer.

Schedule your appointment, take your career to the next level

Drop a message on 08080939463

Re: My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
soundcraft:

at least you gained experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Is Needed In Pos Business / How To Write A Catchy Cover Letter [template Included] / CBN Is Recruiting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.