Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,518 members, 7,770,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3461519 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
venus080:
I am really following this.Can you give us newbie the nitty gritty of this? like how to get started,where to go and also how to receive payment ie payment processors used.BTW the information is quite educative
don't worry. You will realise some new things soon. Receiving your funds right here in Nigeria is already a resolved issue and it doesn't matter if you have a paypal account or not.I will briefly explain that in my next post.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by demo4ril97(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
iykepromotions:
don't worry. You will realise some new things soon. Receiving your funds right here in Nigeria is already a resolved issue and it doesn't matter if you have a paypal account or not.I will briefly explain that in my next post.
hello Iyke, I was fustrated while searching for your popular domain thread until I stumbled on this, I parked a domain 2weeks ago with afternic presently it has generated 162 pageviews and just 5 clicks with a revenue of $3.82 dollars the CPC is $2.35

I also got to know that irrelevant ads are placed on them, why is it like that? Although I have edited the category yesterday to what it fits hope I will get the right ads placed on them or what do you suggest?

Thanks for your response in anticipation

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
Making and receiving payment online.

Now this has been a major challenge to several Nigerians; " even if I make the money I won't be able to receive the money here in Nigeria" actually this has discouraged alot of Nigerians to even attempt to make money online. But this issue has been resolved. No matter how much you make you will receive your money into your local bank account right here in Nigeria..... And this is how it works; In domain parking or selling, there are different options to use to get Paid;

1. Domiciliary account; bank wire.

2.paypal

3. Direct bank deposit( for those in the US. Most of these parking companies and domain marketplace are based in the states.)

Now the fastest means to get paid is to use PayPal and it doesn't matter if you have a PayPal account or not. Many people know this although PayPal is not fully working in Nigeria however to use PayPal services to receive your funds here in Nigeria, simply contact a PayPal exchanger once you're ready to receive your funds either from parking proceeds or from a domain sale. He will simply use his verified PayPal account to claim the money on your behalf, then transfer the equivalent into your local bank account same day. Now you may be asking "then how does he profit" well once he claim the funds, he will now but it at his own rate. For example if the dollar to naira exchange is N450, an exchanger can buy it N400 or 390 and transfer the Naira equivalent into your local bank account. Now there are many of them even right here on Nairaland with different competitive rates. Though I have my recommended one. Contact me for direct assistance if you need more help concerning this.

45 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
demo4ril97:
hello Iyke, I was fustrated while searching for your popular domain thread until I stumbled on this, I parked a domain 2weeks ago with afternic presently it has generated 162 pageviews and just 5 clicks with a revenue of $3.82 dollars the CPC is $2.35

I also got to know that irrelevant ads are placed on them, why is it like that? Although I have edited the category yesterday to what it fits hope I will get the right ads placed on them or what do you suggest?

if the adverts placed on the domain did not reflect the domain keyword, simply add related keywords under the setting. You can equally change the background to look more appealing and attractive. Though your original CPC is not that high but you also need to confirm the traffic statistic. If it is low, you supposed to have earned more than that.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by demo4ril97(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
iykepromotions:
if the adverts placed on the domain did not reflect the domain keyword, simply add advert related keywords under the setting. You can equally change the background to look more appealing and attractive. Though your original CPC is not that high but you supposed to Have earned more than that.
I have done the changes yesterday and I was told it should take effect within 3 business days

One more question please do parking companies credit ones account after subtracting their commission or they do the subtraction during payout?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
demo4ril97:
I have done the changes yesterday and I was told it should take effect within 3 business days

One more question please do parking companies credit ones account after subtracting their commission or they do the subtraction during payout?
transactions and commissions are concluded daily while payout is issued every new month. However bodis parking is more interesting to me more than afternic. Afternic is very good at selling domains due to their large Marketplace and partners.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
Paying for a domain name is with a normal ATM cards ( preferably naira MasterCard and visa.) Verve is not accepted.

2. Direct bank deposit; this is if you want to buy from a Nigeria domain registrar. If you don't have an ATM card or other logistics. Domainking.ng is highly recommended for this.

Edited; 3RD MAY 2022:

Disclaimer; It was reported to me that a guy is pirating all my teachings via whatsapp group he created. Later he codedly started demanding for money from the members over there.

As I've said before, Am not against anyone training people about domaining but make sure it's working for you with some proof of sales you've made before then be original in your contents and teachings. Anything short of this is a criminal act.

Called the guy twice this morning to know the reason behind his actions, but he never picked. This is a serious offence and shouldn't be encouraged.

His number is 0812 959 5818

Name; Judah Adelaja

To learn domaining, check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online/2791

Or visit Namepros.com

Or go TO my website at www.julanky.com for a Paid training and mentorship.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2016
demo4ril97:

don't park all your domains in just one parking company. use above.com autopilot for more greater returns and competition. More info @ https://www.above.com/monetization-autopilot.html

43 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 8:17am On Oct 31, 2016
Simple task to take and start seeing result 15 days from now;

1. Research and buy rich expired domain name

2. Park it and list it for sale.

3. Be making money from it pending the time it will be sold.

3. Selling is more interesting. This can come fast and slow at times. In short, parking is a business while selling is an investment. I have sold a domain within 8 days I bought it also there are some domains in my portfolio for the last 6 months though currently parked. But the goodnews is that domain value appreciates daily just like a land.

Tip; buy a domain, if it qualifies for parking, park it and make some money from it, after that sell it and repeat.

4. For a newbie just starting, I highly recommend that you start with at least 3 domains. When you begin to see results, it will encourage you to invest more. The price of a .com is only $8.99 and with a promo code the price will further be slashed down. However promo codes are released occasionally.

57 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2016
How to price and sell your domain.

As I just wrote above... Selling is more interesting .but before you list your domain for sale it's important to first price your domain; have an idea how much your domain worths. How do you do this? One of the major way to fix this is to study related domain sale in terms of keyword. Selling domain is not an everyday thing so whenever it comes its important to take it as an opportunity to smile to the bank. My big mistake; I happily sold one if my domains for $225 to an enduser.

Later I discovered that similar keyword with mine was sold for $3, 325. If I have calmed down and do some brief research, I couldn't have sold it that low . A singular domain was sold at a marketplace for close to $70,000. The owner of the plural was not aware. His buy it now price is $4,000. The same buyer of the singular went ahead to buy the plural for $4k. Had it been the owner of the plural did some research he could have quickly raise his price higher. Other tools used for a price idea is estibot.com. this is a software generated and remains their opinion. But the main ways is to research a related sale. How popular your domain keyword is and how desperate the buyer and seller is.

68 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Testapep(m): 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
iykepromotions:

As I just wrote above... Selling is more interesting .but before you list your domain for sale it's important to first price your domain; have an idea how much your domain worths. How do you do this? One of the major way to fix this is to study related domain sale in terms of keyword. Selling domain is not an everyday thing so whenever it comes its important to take it as an opportunity to smile to the bank. My big mistake; I happily sold one if my domains for $225 to an enduser.

Later I discovered that similar keyword with mine was sold for $3, 325. If I have calmed down and do some brief research, I couldn't have sold it that low . A singular domain was sold at a marketplace for close to $70,000. The owner of the plural was not aware. His buy it now price is $4,000. The same buyer of the singular went ahead to buy the plural for $4k. Had it been the owner of the plural did some research he could have quickly raise his price higher. Other tools used for a price idea is estibot.com. this is a software generated and remains their opinion. But the main ways is to research a related sale. How popular your domain keyword is and how desperate the buyer and seller is.
how can I research for expired domain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by muhammed001(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
iykepromotions:

Good day,

Long time. is your boy isah muhammad, you're really doing a great work here, and I will surely contact you very soon through email or phone.

for the main time, from your above post I want to know which site or how did you found out that a similar domain to yours was sold $ 3,325?

Secondly, which marketplace was that singular domain sold for $ 70,000? is it @ buy it now or through bidding?

thanks for your answer in advance. it's very important to me.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Emmyk(m): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
I an here again.... cheesy cheesy

Sad about the other thread sha.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by dand9206(m): 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
OP, i thought there are restrictions on inline payments now with our normal ATM cards. I'm not sure anyway, just thinking.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
Testapep:

how can I research for expired domain
that's where the main work is. truth is that there are several tools, sites and softwares used for domain name searching and analysis. expireddomains.net is one of them. but knowing them alone does not really matter. you need to strategise how best to use them.

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
dand9206:
OP, i thought there are restrictions on inline payments now with our normal ATM cards. I'm not sure anyway, just thinking.
definately some banks deactivated their cards for international transactions though it's temporal. but some other banks reduced the monthly spending limit. for example GTbank cards monthly spending limit is now $100. and it works fine for international payments, I use it. if you don't have a GT account, confirm from your bank if your card is eligible for this. you can equally buy from Nigerian domain registrars with any type of ATM card. no restrictions. domainking.ng is doing very well in that aspect. but if you need cheap domains, international prices is lower.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Testapep(m): 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
iykepromotions:
that's where the main work is. truth is that there are several tools, sites and softwares used for domain name searching and analysis. expireddomains.net is one of them. but knowing them alone does not really matter. you need to strategise how best to use them.
sir,please can you explain the CPC,PAGERANK and others because I checked expireddomains.net it wasn't there.Thanks

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
muhammed001:

Good day,

Long time. is your boy isah muhammad, you're really doing a great work here, and I will surely contact you very soon through email or phone.

for the main time, from your above post I want to know which site or how did you found out that a similar domain to yours was sold $ 3,325?

Secondly, which marketplace was that singular domain sold for $ 70,000? is it @ buy it now or through bidding?

thanks for your answer in advance. it's very important to me.
let me start from your last question. The domain was sold in a marketplace not a private sale. And it was put on a BUY IT NOW (BIN) on your first enquiry, as I wrote earlier it's all about research.

Apart from Google and popular domain markets, One of the sites that makes me to conclude price in time is domainindex. After appraisal Once you scroll down you will see further analysis like related domain sale. Few weeks ago, I registered www.medicalbillingsoft.com, why pondering on a fixed price to put it, ( buy it now sells faster than make an offer) I found out that a similar domain with hyphens was sold for $3,000 @ afternic. You can see the idea now. I quickly do a price increase and put it up in major marketplaces. The sale will be reported here once it is finalised.

25 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
Testapep:

sir,please can you explain the CPC,PAGERANK and others because I checked expireddomains.net it wasn't there.Thanks
alright, let me quickly use this medium to talk about types of domains to buy and the types not to buy.

This is very crucial and it won't be genuine if I don't throw a big light into this even right on this thread. This is where many newbies are doing mistake, I did too. Fact is that there's money in domaining but not all domain will sell. Not all domains will make money from parking. Some are simply unsellable and some cannot just be parked.

Type of domain NOT to buy;
1. Hyphen domains; it hardly sell eg; stone-crusher. com

2. Long domains eg; learnforextradinginnigeria.com; chances is high that the potential visitor may do a typo error frustrating him or forcing him to look for another competitor website

3. Number and letter; this is a major mistake that some newbies do; either go for number or letter separately.

4. Other languages.

5. Registering unpopular extensions.

Factors to consider for domain buying;

53 Likes 22 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
..... it might interest you to know that in my starting days, due to not having the right information and tools, I bought about 13 Expired domain names. Unfortunately I sold just one for $75. And again I couldn't transfer the domain. So the transaction was cancelled after the time limit expired; 7 days. since then I have been reading and doing research till I begin to see breakthrough in this business. It was a huge loss then though its just a history now cause I have made more than I lost since then.

NB; Don't venture into domaining until you know exactly how it is done, the complete tools and shortcuts. And this is all about researching, reading and reading even outside this thread. Though money or capital is important for any business set up but in domaining, knowledge is more important. To fully get started, do more research on your own or visit http://www.julanky.com for direct mentorship, recommendations and guidelines.

Types of a domain to buy;

One word; eg car.com

Two word eg; carservice.com

Three word; eg; carservicecentre.com

English language

Easy to write and remember

Product or service domain; eg a shoe manufacturing company may likely establish an online presence with a domain like shoefactory.com, shoedepotcom and so on.

Google pagerank; some companies like to go for this type of domain but Google has remove the pageranking feature early this year. and lastly go for a .com Among all extensions, even new extentions are still coming up, .com has proved to be the most popular.

56 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 10:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
The domain sales letter.

A newbie may be wondering what a domain sales letter is. Well it's one of the other ways to sell a domain fast..... I mean very fast. Its a professionally written sales letter used in contacting potential end users. Now this is not complicated... An end user is a company that may be interested in buying your domain name. At times they may not notice the availability, you simply contact them using the domain sales letter.

How to contact end user; An experience.
I bought a trafficless domain however rich keyword . such domain, if parked will not bring much due to the traffic. before I paid for it, I went to Google to reaffirm the popularity. And yes there are several companies bearing similar keywords. I bought the domain and contact the companies through their website and whois info. A reply came from one of them; a company in the UK. Deal was reached and transaction was closed within 8 days I bought the domain name. That was my fastest domain sale and was very interesting.

N.B; If you have a domain that has this quality or popularity and you need the domain sales letter, contact me directly @ Ikennaobi44@gmail.com and I will send you a copy for absolutely FREE OF CHARGE.

Edited; Below is the sales letter. No need to send a, mail again;

Sales letter

Hello.
The Premium Domain name CurtisElectronics.com is up for Sale. This is a short and memorable domain name that is very relevant to your business. It is a well searched term in the search Engines so it can help improve your search engine optimization and online presence.

You can redirect it to your current website or build another one on it to capture additional targetted customers and increase sales.

PRICE: $1,350

Visit www.CurtisElectronics.com for INSTANT ownership of the domain Name if you're interested to acquire this premium domain Right away.

We are also contacting other companies that may be interested.

Let me know if you've got other enquiries.

Kind regards
Ikenna

115 Likes 29 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Luvlydevin(m): 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
Emmyk:

my guy how far, you Are still the same emmyk at namepros right
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Emmyk(m): 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
Luvlydevin:
my guy how far, you Are still the same emmyk at namepros right
Yes I am. Anything for me?? shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by dand9206(m): 3:15am On Nov 01, 2016
iykepromotions:
definately some banks deactivated their cards for international transactions though it's temporal. but some other banks reduced the monthly spending limit. for example GTbank cards monthly spending limit is now $100. and it works fine for international payments, I use it. if you don't have a GT account, confirm from your bank if your card is eligible for this. you can equally buy from Nigerian domain registrars with any type of ATM card. no restrictions. domainking.ng is doing very well in that aspect. but if you need cheap domains, international prices is lower.
ok, thanks. just an aspiring newbee and so curious. havnt started anyway.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by pat077: 6:40am On Nov 01, 2016
iykepromotions:
can someone buy from Nigeria domain registrars and pack with afternic and other international packing sites?

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2016
pat077:
can someone buy from Nigeria domain registrars and pack with afternic and other international packing sites?
definately yes..... and this will bring me to discuss where to park and how to successfully park.

where to park?
there are several parking companies where a domain may be parked and at the same time put up for sale. however let me briefly discuss about where I park and have made money from.
1.bodis.com; They pay on the 7th of every new month. ie. last month earnings will be paid this month. 7th except you want a rollover

2. Afternic.com; afternic is more popular in domain selling than in parking. they once delayed my payment though they finally pay but I have since moved to bodis.

Tip; park at bodis, sell at afternic. afternic have big advantage in domain selling due to their partnership with other domain marketplaces.

66 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by pat077: 8:08am On Nov 01, 2016
So, it's possible to pack a particular domain at one site and also put it up for sale in other site.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 8:28am On Nov 01, 2016
how to park;
go to bodis.com and sign up. it's free. after registering activate your account by the email link that will be sent to you and by phone SMS. after that, log back into your account and click on add domains. after adding your domains, that is simply listing. not parked yet. To successfully park and enable ads to be showing on your domain, go back to your registrar where you bought the domain eg Goddaddy.com and change the nameservers to bodis's nameservers. once this is done, the ownership of the domain will be verified, and if the information corresponds, ads will be scattered on the said domain and it will look exactly like a website.

Below is a sample of one of my parked domains

38 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by gen2lpat(m): 8:45am On Nov 01, 2016
Emmyk:

You here? You ehhh! U jux dey everywhere. Lol
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by gen2lpat(m): 8:47am On Nov 01, 2016
pat077:
So, it's possible to pack a particular domain at one site and also put it up for sale in other site.

Yes Sir! You can list in many marketplace but can only with one company. All the best

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by paulsir: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2016
how can one get the traffic of a domain name or what should it look like?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Luvlydevin(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2016
Emmyk:

Yes I am. Anything for me?? shocked shocked
lol, I already added you as my friend on namepros, are you on flippa

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (3298) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: iCauseTrouble and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.