Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria (4416 Views)

7 Hard Truth About Blogging You Didn't Know / The Real Facts About Blogging As A Career / Why Blogging In Nigeria Is Boring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by ogzille(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2016
I will rather want to see blogging this way: "Be an expert in a field, then, blog about it"

1 Like

Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by CountDracula(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
daclemx:

Bros, does everybody not sing when the choir is singing in church? or can u not sing that popular wizkid song? yes you can. But guess wht, everybody will sing but not all will sell well like wizkid's. Because they are not as creative as the guy. Even doctors pass doctors for the same profession. In fact, everyone can be a doctor but after u pass jamb and enter the main stuff....u will consider quitting. My point is, not every blog will succeed or earn much...if you copy and paste, u must know the basis...which is "do not paste plagiarized contents" if u do, google will penalize u...U have to read, and learn how sell your contents...it takes more than just sitting in front of a computer...u have to be creative....Music no be profession too? shabi na profession ni....but brossssss...to write music when go sell no easy oh....so also is blogging.

Bloggers are entrepreneurs and blogging is a profession.....
imagine a world without technology... would blogging survive that? no... but singing will, medicine will, chefs will, tailors will, do you see where I'm going with this?
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by CountDracula(m): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

What do you mean by "...you don't need to be good at anything, you don't need to read hard, or be smart.... "..?...you think blogging is a joke? undecided

If it is that easy, create a blog and run it successfully for a year.

Many of you think blogging is all about copy and paste. That's why a lot of bloggers fail in Nigeria..for your blog to be successful you need to put in SERIOUS WORK...you think content creation, content marketing, keeping the blog running 365 days a year is a joke?
it's not easy to steal from a bank or rob houses. that doesn't make it a joke but it also doesn't make stealing a profession now does it? it's not about easy or hard... it's about skill. you don't get skill by sitting in ur house and copying and pasting. you get skill by reading, practicing, etc.
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by cheapgoals(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
blogging as a profession seems rather lame and lazy for most Nigerians,should be about an extra source to make income,and have a job that pays little or much..

have seen lots of blogs that didn't last 2 years, because most vent into blogging as a follower of Linda ikeji sudden rise and her BANANA ISLAND MANSION cheesy.

blog about your area of expertise and what you have passion and zeal for.not a random thing .

i loved football like kilode ,cant do a minute without browsing and searching for latest updates about the beautiful game,then i discover why cant i just turn that passion into something..plan it for months and i execute it..viola www.cheapgoals.com was born sep 2016..

still works fulltime as an Engineer
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
CountDracula:
it's not easy to steal from a bank or rob houses. that doesn't make it a joke but it also doesn't make stealing a profession now does it? it's not about easy or hard... it's about skill. you don't get skill by sitting in ur house and copying and pasting. you get skill by reading, practicing, etc.

You're not making any sense right now
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by cheapgoals(m): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
ogzille:
I will rather want to see blogging this way: "Be an expert in a field, then, blog about it"

you right bro...
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by CountDracula(m): 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

*smiles* of course I'm not
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by UIvents(m): 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Sir, i need your help. Pls, reply my mail.
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by iamdapsyj(m): 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

What do you mean by "...you don't need to be good at anything, you don't need to read hard, or be smart.... "..?...you think blogging is a joke? undecided

If it is that easy, create a blog and run it successfully for a year.

Many of you think blogging is all about copy and paste. That's why a lot of bloggers fail in Nigeria..for your blog to be successful you need to put in SERIOUS WORK...you think content creation, content marketing, keeping the blog running 365 days a year is a joke?

December will make it a year that I have ventured into blogging and I can say its really challenging especially when your blog carries original content. Well said bro........www.meigotalk.com.ng
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
UIvents:

Sir, i need your help. Pls, reply my mail.

I have replied you twice, check your mail
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
ogzille:
One'd get old before they can fully achieve this.
Better to blog about learning the craft, highlighting the road to achieving perfection. People will associate to it more and maybe get inspired to try their hand in the same field.
Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 30, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creating A Mental Shift About Blogging In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 30, 2016
daclemx:

Bros, does everybody not sing when the choir is singing in church? or can u not sing that popular wizkid song? yes you can. But guess wht, everybody will sing but not all will sell well like wizkid's. Because they are not as creative as the guy. Even doctors pass doctors for the same profession. In fact, everyone can be a doctor but after u pass jamb and enter the main stuff....u will consider quitting. My point is, not every blog will succeed or earn much...if you copy and paste, u must know the basis...which is "do not paste plagiarized contents" if u do, google will penalize u...U have to read, and learn how sell your contents...it takes more than just sitting in front of a computer...u have to be creative....Music no be profession too? shabi na profession ni....but brossssss...to write music when go sell no easy oh....so also is blogging.

Bloggers are entrepreneurs and blogging is a profession.....
hello, pls i need ur help with something, (opening a payoneer account) read somewhere that you could help. sent u a pm, not sure u got it. Tnx

(1) (2) (Reply)

Add YOUR Blog Url For Traffic / UDEMY Free - Paid Course Ripping Service [EXCLUSIVE] [DOWNLOAD] / The 12 Dos And Don’ts Of Writing A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.