Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,167 members, 7,953,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? (3977 Views)

My Dilemma: My Girlfriend's Confessions. / My Dilemma With A Married Woman I Encountered In My Office / My Dilemma With A Married Friend Who Wants Sex From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by ozodigboo(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
What I'm about to say is the truth...i need honest answers pls.
I'm not bothered with criticisms, just let your opinions be HONEST and am satisfied.

I'm in a dilemma....I'm a lawyer practising in anambra, been in a long distance relationship with a corper practising in Kwara.
She will complete nysc next month.
She knows that if things go well, marriage could be on the cards, but we're still getting to know each other.
The last time she visited 2 weeks ago, we were discussing career prospects, i asked, she said she had 3rd class...later she said '' ordinary pass ''.
But she was smiling while saying this.
I didn't wanna push further in order not to give the impression that i'm more concerned about degree than finding a good person.
She looks and sounds reasonably decent......or is she not ? I'm i mistaken ?
3rd class [ or ordinary pass ]for a lawyer......does it matter in marriage ?

OTHER QUESTIONS
1. If she really had that type of degree, could she still be a good girl ? The course she studied isn't that competitive.....3rd class means she may not have been going to class..so where has she been going to ?
2. last time she visited, she saw a pic of an old Flame of mine...i was calm. she asked nothing, i said nothing. [ quite unusual, maybe she didn't wanna ask because she didn't want me to ask back ].
3. i jokingly told her i will come and visit her in ilorin, she wasn't really keen....is she hiding something ? or not ? she lives in a private catholic family house, but knows i can easily afford a hotel, so why the hesitance ?

** i found out from someone that she had a carryover...that alone doesn't mean 3rd class. And that '' someone'' couldn't give me additional info. i know i will eventually know [ she wants to give me her CV and results at the end of nysc for job search etc] but i want to make up my mind asap....that's why i came here.
THANK YOU ALL
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by sweerychick(f): 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
I don't think you are not ready for marriage, because if you are you shouldn't be asking this lame questions kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by youngest85(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
masterkraft
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by saintdennis(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hmm baba 3rd class doesn't just mean she doesn't know book o.

It means she was loose or focusing on one boy (school husband n wife thingslol)

Sir b4 I conclude...pls which school did she grad from? That's what will determine errthing.

Also go and investigate her FB. Olosho love posting pics n updating status (go and check her posts during school)

Anyway personally I can't marry a 3rd class/ pass babe

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Presh900(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
what could mk sm1 have 3rd class?? Did she have a live-in boyfriend in schoo? Is she a runs girl?? Does she have low IQ??
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Swissheart(f): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hmmmn
I'll answer you in the best way I can. Your gf has graduated with a 3rd class and you think she must have spent the better part of her time for leisure hence her unbefitting grade abi? Nop,it doesn't work that way. We have instances of people who were crazily involved in Unionism, Beauty Pageants Contest, Student Fellowship and what have you yet they graduated with good grades. Some are just wired that way. That her grade has made you disappointed doesn't mean she played away her good time in school maybe she hasn't bn academically sound. Shit happens. It doesn't make her less a good wifey abi Marriage is one important aspect of our lives that our educational qualification isn't a criteria for.
I sense you are embarrassed about her grade.....it is nothing. Take your mind off it if you truly want her.

4 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by ozodigboo(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
saintdennis:

Sir b4 I conclude...pls which school did she grad from? That's what will determine errthing.

Also go and investigate her FB. Olosho love posting pics n updating status (go and check her posts during school)

She attended FUTO Owerri
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by S2kluv: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
Presh900:
what could mk sm1 have 3rd class?? Did she have a live-in boyfriend in schoo? Is she a runs girl?? Does she have low IQ??
so frm ur own assessment my broda, only dis factor make sum1 get 3rd class?

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Presh900(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
S2kluv:
so frm ur own assessment my broda, only dis factor make sum1 get 3rd class?

just my opinion, what do you think could mk her get a 3rd class
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by ozodigboo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
Swissheart:
Hmmmn
I'll answer you in the best way I can. Your gf has graduated with a 3rd class and you think she must have spent the better part of her time for leisure hence her unbefitting grade abi? Nop,it doesn't work that way. We have instances of people who were crazily involved in Unionism, Beauty Pageants Contest, Student Fellowship and what have you yet they graduated with good grades. Some are just wired that way. That her grade has made you disappointed doesn't mean she played away her good time in school maybe she hasn't bn academically sound. Shit happens. It doesn't make her less a good wifey abi Marriage is one important aspect of our lives that our educational qualification isn't a criteria for.
I sense you are embarrassed about her grade.....it is nothing. Take your mind off it if you truly want her.
Thanks, dear...I'm not TOO embarassed as per the grade. I'm more interested in knowing WHAT CAUSED that type of grade. i don't wanna marry an olosho....or someone who married a husband throughout her 5yrs in skl
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by saintdennis(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
ozodigboo:

She attended FUTO Owerri

Owerri?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bros PLEASE jump the babe pass... an Owerri babe with 3rdiel? She be hustler na.

The ones I met while @ uniben?

The ones I met while @ nysc ?

The ones I met while @ my old job?

If she truly made a 3rdie/pass then bro I think u should have a honest heart-to-heart convo let her confess her sins.

Especially if she read a social, business, management or arts course.
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by S2kluv: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2016
Presh900:
smiley
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by S2kluv: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2016
Presh900:
well u ar right it's ur opinion
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Kgdavid(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
saintdennis:

That seems to be the very thing the OP is afraid of!!
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Kgdavid(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
ozodigboo:
What I'm about to say is the truth...i need honest answers pls.
I'm not bothered with criticisms, just let your opinions be HONEST and am satisfied.

I'm in a dilemma....I'm a lawyer practising in anambra, been in a long distance relationship with a corper practising in Kwara.
She will complete nysc next month.
She knows that if things go well, marriage could be on the cards, but we're still getting to know each other.
The last time she visited 2 weeks ago, we were discussing career prospects, i asked, she said she had 3rd class...later she said '' ordinary pass ''.
But she was smiling while saying this.
I didn't wanna push further in order not to give the impression that i'm more concerned about degree than finding a good person.
She looks and sounds reasonably decent......or is she not ? I'm i mistaken ?
3rd class [ or ordinary pass ]for a lawyer......does it matter in marriage ?

OTHER QUESTIONS
1. If she really had that type of degree, could she still be a good girl ? The course she studied isn't that competitive.....3rd class means she may not have been going to class..so where has she been going to ?
2. last time she visited, she saw a pic of an old Flame of mine...i was calm. she asked nothing, i said nothing. [ quite unusual, maybe she didn't wanna ask because she didn't want me to ask back ].
3. i jokingly told her i will come and visit her in ilorin, she wasn't really keen....is she hiding something ? or not ? she lives in a private catholic family house, but knows i can easily afford a hotel, so why the hesitance ?

** i found out from someone that she had a carryover...that alone doesn't mean 3rd class. And that '' someone'' couldn't give me additional info. i know i will eventually know [ she wants to give me her CV and results at the end of nysc for job search etc] but i want to make up my mind asap....that's why i came here.
THANK YOU ALL

I think that if this issue is such a big deal to you right now, it will probably continue to nag and gnaw at you somewhere at the back of your mind. if you overlook it today, because of the other things you like about her, one day the passion will burn low and you will begin to resent her. Here's what i would do if i where you:

1. Take a position.

That is, identify what you really have a problem with. Is it the poor performance? Or is it the potentially wayward lifestyle?

2. Discover the truth

Once you have take a stand in your mind, then you should proceed to have a sincere talk with her. When she opens up to you, if her answer clashes with the position you have already taken, then i advise you to move on.

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Berbierklaus(f): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
This thread is fxcking irritating,

Is this the way normal people reason?
Are these the everyday people I interact with?
Do my friends and family have this kind of outdated stereotype mentality?
Are you all demented?

I can't even make a reasonable contribution,so I will jump and pass and pray never to come across people like the OP and those spewing trash here

Laveda come chinchumchin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by saintdennis(m): 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
Kgdavid:

That seems to be the very thing the OP is afraid of!!

Yea some issues outside a students control can cause spillover

But 3rd class? It shows a deliberate neglect of her studies & ladies have few vices in school to distract them.

The very fact the OP said she speaks well proves she was committed to the runz/hustle
(I don't even think it was school-husband @ all)
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by ozodigboo(m): 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Are you all demented?

I can't even make a reasonable contribution,so I will jump and pass and pray never to come across people like the OP and those spewing trash here

Laveda come chinchumchin
With all due respect, this is 2016...
People get into marriage these days with their eyes OPEN.
And that means asking the relevant questions....
To avoid stories that touch the heart.

4 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by ozodigboo(m): 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
saintdennis:

Owerri?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bros PLEASE jump the babe pass... an Owerri babe with 3rdiel? She be hustler na.

The ones I met while @ uniben?

The ones I met while @ nysc ?

The ones I met while @ my old job?

If she truly made a 3rdie/pass then bro I think u should have a honest heart-to-heart convo let her confess her sins.

Especially if she read a social, business, management or arts course.
I was told IMSU and ALVAN are bad....but FUTO girls face their books [ not sure sha ]
She's not from owerri ....she's an anambra girl.
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by jmoore(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Never knew marriage is a job opportunity where the grades of the woman/man are considered. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by QuietHammer(m): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
If you still prejudice then your education was a waste

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Berbierklaus(f): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
ozodigboo:

With all due respect, this is 2016...
People get into marriage these days with their eyes OPEN.
And that means asking the relevant questions....
To avoid stories that touch the heart.
In 2016 you still think been promiscuous equals poor grades in school? are you kidding me?
Who made you a lawyer? have you ever traveled from your town and neighboring villages?

In 2016 your criteria for a life partner involves looking down on them because you are a lawyer? can you handle a woman who is more educated and into a better profession than you? No you can't,you come across as an insecure individual.

In 2016 you believe people on the internet will give you answers to person questions about the person you are seeing one on one?
What is your background like?

In 2016 you intentionally engage in a long distance relationship and you have trust issues?
Do you just love stressing yourself or you are a difficult person?

I really have emphaty for the young lady involved with you.

I'm trying real hard not to be offensive, so I will just leave this thread. phewww undecided

BTW please check my signature and help like my SIS's pic grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by saintdennis(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
ozodigboo:

I was told IMSU and ALVAN are bad....but FUTO girls face their books [ not sure sha ]
She's not from owerri ....she's an anambra girl.

Bro was referring to the location of her skul (not her state of origin- S/O doesn't matter)

Like I said confront her straight up when next she visits to explain how come she made a 3rd class.

We all went to school, we know "the type" of babes who carry 3rdie.

Its just that owerri students (futo n imsu I know) status ehn

I once noted (maybe thru my alternate) that the 3rdie babes in my set are all married.

So it doesn't mean she won't be a good wife, but u deserve to know what you're getting into.

Thus first find out from her what lead to her grade...to avoid prejudice
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by ozodigboo(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Berbierklaus:

In 2016 you still think been promiscuous equals poor grades in school? are you kidding me?
Who made you a lawyer? have you ever traveled from your town and neighboring villages?

In 2016 your criteria for a life partner involves looking down on them because you are a lawyer? can you handle a woman who is more educated and into a better profession than you? No you can't,you come across as an insecure individual.

In 2016 you believe people on the internet will give you answers to person questions about the person you are seeing one on one?
What is your background like?

In 2016 you intentionally engage in a long distance relationship and you have trust issues?
Do you just love stressing yourself or you are a difficult person?

I really have emphaty for the young lady involved with you.

I'm trying real hard not to be offensive, so I will just leave this thread. phewww undecided

BTW please check my signature and help like my SIS's pic grin
You're in no position to lecture me on education. You should have read it in full.
Nothing in my post, warrants insults from you.
i can accept constructive criticisms, but u haven't said anything....you just insulted me and closed your post.
if you attended a university at all, you should at least agree that my concerns/questions are valid.
what do u mean by '' i see her one-on-one but i sought advice from internet ''? which one-on-one ? Do i stay in kwara ? Did i attend FUTO ? we see only on holidays.
what do you mean by '' i intentionally engaged in long distance relationship''.....should i have dumped her because nysc posted her to a far place ? what are you even ranting about ?
I'm not concerned about 3rd class....i'm worried as to why an ARTICULATE, WELL SPOKEN girl like her should have 3rd class ?
We all have choices...most of you ladies have other ridiculous, funny reasons to reject a guy for marriage....like being broke, short etc
So why is my post getting under ur skin ?

6 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Mille: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
Some people can be really funny.

There was a girl I was trying to date then, back in the university. We both liked each other. On the day she was to accept, she asked for my CGPA. I just hissed and left her.

Bros Ozodigboo , after reading your comment above me, I have to also ask.

Who made you a Lawyer?

6 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Laveda(f): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Are you all demented?

Laveda come chinchumchin

Go easy on him mami. grin

undecided But thie mentality of the lady being promiscuous is rather annoying.
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by montezz(f): 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mille:

There was a girl I was trying to date then, back in the university. We both liked each other. On the day she was to accept, she asked for my CGPA. I just hissed and left her.

Who made you a Lawyer?
EPP me ask him o.
Dyt coman see

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
This got me cracking "she later said she had a pass and she was smilling while saying it" grin

Listen Mr ozodigboo it could be that she's a very good lady but not intellectually ok..maybe due to some memory problems or spiritual grin or..

she could be a runce gyal or sum'n pretending to be decent and shìt...try to subtly investigate WISELY about her..whatever u find should lead u to ur decision..

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Berbierklaus(f): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
ozodigboo:

You're in no position to lecture me on education. You should have read it in full.
Nothing in my post, warrants insults from you.
i can accept constructive criticisms, but u haven't said anything....you just insulted me and closed your post.
Very sorry if I sounded insultive,I believe in leading people through instead of insulting them,btw I am in every position to lecture you on education, you know jackshit about me but I know you claim to be a lawyer...lolzzz
If you attended a university at all, you should at least agree that my concerns/questions are valid.
If you truly attended a university,you will know that various reasons could lead to an individual graduating with 3rd class or even pass aside from promiscuity or runs girl,like you called it grin
1)mistaken grading
2)Lecturers sexual harrassment
3)some people are not just wired to excel in education,doesn't make them lesser human or even dullards.
Brilliance Is different from intelligence undecided

what do u mean by '' i see her one-on-one but i sought advice from internet ''? which one-on-one ? Do i stay in kwara ? Did i attend FUTO ? we see only on holidays.
My dear so called lawyer,what I mean by that statement is that you communicate with the lady in question,and even see her during holidays,all the questions in your initial posts can only be answered correctly by her and no one else,the best anyone here can do is to start assuming,from what i can see from the earlier commenters,which could be wrong
what do you mean by '' i intentionally engaged in long distance relationship''.....should i have dumped her because nysc posted her to a far place ? what are you even ranting about ?
What I mean is that a long distance relationship requires enough trust,but you already raised doubt's about what she could be doing in kwara,meaning you don't trust her.
And you are the one ranting here grin,you created the thread
I'm not concerned about 3rd class....i'm worried as to why an ARTICULATE, WELL SPOKEN girl like her should have 3rd class ?
Refer to what I said earlier,a number of reasons could have led to her having third class all you need to do is ask her, btw ARTICULATE,WELL SPOKEN does not equate brilliance or education excellence,If you are truly a lawyer you should know this...I know several people who can't speak very good English but excel well in academics and vice versa.

We all have choices...most of you ladies have other ridiculous, funny reasons to reject a guy for marriage....like being broke, short etc
At this point I need to ask,what is your choice in a life partner? a 2:1 graduate or a articulate well spoken 3rd class graduate, because you made me understand that you aren't bothers about her 3rd class but why she had it or are you just following the norm of creating unnecessary problems because ladies have ridiculous reasons to reject a guy?
So why is my post getting under ur skin ?
Lolz,your post is getting under my skin like you called it grin because you are belittling a lady you want to marry for funny reasons grin
And you have some bloated egos too cheesy

I hope with these few words of mine I have been able to convince and not confuse you about my stand on the issue Mr Lawyerman cheesy.

can you now epp me like the pinshure tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Dyt(f): 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
montezz:

EPP me ask him o.
Dyt coman see

The OP is simply an idiot
undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Berbierklaus(f): 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mille:

Who made you a Lawyer?
Buhahahahahahaha
gringringrin

I hope the OP is not offended by this
PS: epp me check my signature angry

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Berbierklaus(f): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
Laveda:

Go easy on him mami. grin

undecided But thie mentality of the lady being promiscuous is rather annoying.
I mean do we still have educated folks thinking like this? angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / How A Local Yahoo Boy Wanted To Use My Head(screenshots Of Our Chat) / What Do Men Really Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.