Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream (2043 Views)

Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? / I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k / Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by blackboot: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
my girlfriend of 2 years is about to leave me. the signs are everywhere. i am not financially stable for now but i love her so much. my income is small(30k) a month and i am planning seriously to get a better job before settling down. she is 29 and already worried because she has a very good paying job and a lot of pressure is coming for her to settle down. family and friends are worried why she is still single and alot of other guys have been coming for her. a read a chat with her and her friend on her phone one time and the friend was telling her to leave me for another rich dude. she has been very patient with me but its like her patience is running out since she is getting close to 30. she said she is ready to marry me the way i am that we will manage our income together till i get a better job since her income is better. she also said some families dont even earn half of what she earns and they are fine, she said she cant wait for me anymore that she wants to settle down but am scared because i feel a man should have enough before settling down and i want to be a real man. should i go ahead and marry as she suggest since she has a good job or i should beg her to be patient till i find another job so i can be a better husband. i dont want to loose her, i believe she is my wife and i told her from the first day i met her. pls how can i handle the situation. matured advice please.
NB. we met during nysc and she was lucky to get a very good job before me
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by 2dice01: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
i will say do nothing than pray for a better job i lawv you no dey buy pampers o cheesy
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
You are not financially stable but the fact that both of you have survived togetger means its possible to live together. But where will the bride price and wedding expenses come from ?

Will your present residence be okay for you guys after marriage ?

What about kids ? Will you hold on to that after marriage ?

These are real questions demanding real answers. And the answers will determine if you can go ahead.

I wont recommend anything. But truth is...marriage without solid financial footing is suicidal.

1 Like

Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by ayogabriel(m): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
It's no big deal for a lady to be the bread winner, the questions I think you should be asking is, who ll foot the wedding bill if you both eventually agree, will it be both of you secret? Will her family be okay with that, so you are married now, if you remain in your status say for 1 more year God forbid or 2, will her attitude change, will she continue to be supportive? Among others though.
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by blackboot: 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
Billyonaire:
You are not financially stable but the fact that both of you have survived togetger means its possible to live together. But where will the bride price and wedding expenses come from ?

Will your present residence be okay for you guys after marriage ?

What about kids ? Will you hold on to that after marriage ?

These are real questions demanding real answers. And the answers will determine if you can go ahead.

I wont recommend anything. But truth is...marriage without solid financial footing is suicidal.

she suggested not having kids till after 1 or 2 years just to give me time to sought out myself. As for the wedding, i can afford a small wedding and my parents will support me. its just the monthly income am looking at.
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by blackboot: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
ayogabriel:
It's no big deal for a lady to be the bread winner, the questions I think you should be asking is, who ll foot the wedding bill if you both eventually agree, will it be both of you secret? Will her family be okay with that, so you are married now, if you remain in your status say for 1 more year God forbid or 2, will her attitude change, will she continue to be supportive? Among others though.

i believe she will be supportive. she has not changed. it is actually her wish we get married now than wait till a better job comes except i want to loose her. we wont have kids till when we are ready.
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:

she suggested not having kids till after 1 or 2 years just to give me time to sought out myself. As for the wedding, i can afford a small wedding and my parents will support me. its just the monthly income am looking at.
Then go ahead. I spent 10yrs with my lady supporting each other. We worked from nothing and built an empire and got married. Dont rush about kids until you have not just money but emotional balance to raise kids.

1 Like

Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
A 29 year old woman is not my dream
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by Luizkid(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
u should understand where she's coming from and sinx she's supportive i suggest u guys plan a low key marriage. its not easy for a girl to choose u over rich suitors, she believes in happiness with u. But make sure u guys are ready b4 d kids stats coming

1 Like

Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by blackboot: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
Luizkid:
u should understand where she's coming from and sinx she's supportive i suggest u guys plan a low key marriage. its not easy for a girl to choose u over rich suitors, she believes in happiness with u. But make sure u guys are ready b4 d kids stats coming

thank you for the advice
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by ayogabriel(m): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:

i believe she will be supportive. she has not changed. it is actually her wish we get married now than wait till a better job comes except i want to loose her. we wont have kids till when we are ready.

It's nice you are very sure and positive with who your gf is, but my short stay in this world I have learnt we all change positive or negative. And with kids you can't be so sure about been in control, what if she says she think things will get better and she wants a baby. Like someone said pray over it and trust in your God
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by ikp120(m): 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
Bros you really sound like a kid... You mean you have a gf who earns well and you are still waiting for a "better" job before you marry her... Right in my presence, a guy who was in his finals got married to a girl who was just in 2nd year in the same school... I wonder where guys got this silly philosophy that they must be perfect financially before they marry... If you have a job, and she also has, and she is ready to build a home with you, why not? Bros stay there dey form "waiting for better job". Who are you trying to impress? A lady that just cares about you and not your pocket? Bro if I see that lady, me go marry for court after one week.

***Looking for that lady on google ***

Bro abeg what is her name? She dey facebook? Tell her say I say "Regard to your mumsi"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:

thank you for the advice
Go on and marry her. I believe the doors of prosperity will open up for you immediately you marry but remember to plan well.... We have men earning less than 30k but are married. Don't let the love u have slip by. Take a bold step.

1 Like

Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by wristbangle: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2016
Are you scared because when you marry her, she may become bossy due to her strong financial status? Bro, you need to stay positive about your future and should stop worrying about your situation as you have someone whom has accepted you despite your low income which is a rare attribute to see in an average Nigerian lady.

There is nothing stopping you from marrying her and if you are thinking of where to get money for an elaborate wedding, I will suggest you cut your coat according to you size. Don't allow low self esteem to belittle your confidence. Your girlfriend is an asset and you must be lucky to have someone like her. This is the dream of every man.
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by Lovelynature(m): 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
cool
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by Omotayor123(f): 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
I think she really love you. And since she is willing to accept you the way you are and settle with you. I think you should give you a shot.

The Love you have for each other will help you scale through. smiley
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by lawnreigh(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:
my girlfriend of 2 years is about to leave me. the signs are everywhere. i am not financially stable for now but i love her so much. my income is small(30k) a month and i am planning seriously to get a better job before settling down. she is 29 and already worried because she has a very good paying job and a lot of pressure is coming for her to settle down. family and friends are worried why she is still single and alot of other guys have been coming for her. a read a chat with her and her friend on her phone one time and the friend was telling her to leave me for another rich dude. she has been very patient with me but its like her patience is running out since she is getting close to 30. she said she is ready to marry me the way i am that we will manage our income together till i get a better job since her income is better. she also said some families dont even earn half of what she earns and they are fine, she said she cant wait for me anymore that she wants to settle down but am scared because i feel a man should have enough before settling down and i want to be a real man. should i go ahead and marry as she suggest since she has a good job or i should beg her to be patient till i find another job so i can be a better husband. i dont want to loose her, i believe she is my wife and i told her from the first day i met her. pls how can i handle the situation. matured advice please.
Brother you have a very good woman, don't hesitate to marry her, telling you it doesn't matter and ready to settle with you, I say kudos to her. My salary is above yours but my useless girlfriend refused me sex, any form of romantic affection and all that all because she believes my income isn't enough and the most pathetic things is that she is still unemployed and non of her elder brothers is doing better than me(No disrespect). Making me feel lonely while having a relationship but I'm on the final phase of dumping her sorry ass.

1 Like

Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by imperialQueen(f): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
you had berra marry her now cuz life begins at 30...

#dbaetryshaa#
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by NemzySeries(m): 12:11am On Oct 27, 2016
Billyonaire:
Then go ahead. I spent 10yrs with my lady supporting each other. We worked from nothing and built an empire and got married. Dont rush about kids until you have not just money but emotional balance to raise kids.
10yrs? tinkz we do 4 luv....u deserve a PHD in Relationship & emotional engineering walahi
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by NemzySeries(m): 12:14am On Oct 27, 2016
lofty900:
A 29 year old woman is not my dream
eyah...unfortunately datz sum1's desire & marital goal
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by metallisc(m): 2:15am On Oct 27, 2016
Omotayor123:
I think she really love you. And since she is willing to accept you the way you are and settle with you. I think you should give you a shot.

The Love you have for each other will help you scale through. smiley

Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by iamkingzlee(m): 6:27am On Oct 27, 2016
So her main priority is money undecided C'mon man, if she loves you, she'll stay with you, and try to get you fixed. Money can't buy you Love or happiness.
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by win1234: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2016
U should know her fear, she is 29, age is no longer on her side. If u love her marry her now. I wont advice her to risk it. Marry her & succeed with her. Love conquers all things. I dont like people wasting other peoples time.
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by firstking01(m): 8:51am On Oct 27, 2016
blackboot:

If these are her conditions and reasons for pressuring you into marriage abeg let her goundecided

1.After marriage her attitude must change towards you, why??, because it is unafrican for a woman to be the bread winner

2.From the thread, she already has a bad friend who gives her a bad advice, even if you marry her she will be running to that her friend for advice anytime you have hintches with her...it will even be worst if that her friend is single...i know such girls, they are yet to marry but they have already turned themselves to marriage counselors...and such girls are picky and selective in life...they are the ones who put assunder and scatter homes...run from them.

3.If she must marry you she should do that out of love and because of who she sees you to be and not because of what you are or have.....

Synopsis, if by any reason you think she's the opposite of what i said above and you still wanna marry her pls endeavour to get a good job before that year of your marriage runs out or else you will see what we call feminism.
Re: Am So Scared Am Loosing My Girlfriend...she's Every Man's Dream by LordOfNaira: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2016
blackboot:

First of all, you should work on your self. You are suffering from chronic inferiority complex. If she wants to go, let her go. Who knows maybe it is because of her that you have not strived much to get a better job. How can you settle down when you are under so much pressure. Let the pressure out of your life and start thinking straight. Don't wait to get a better job. With pressure out of your life, you can sit down and think of creating jobs yourself. Who knows maybe I am talking to the next Bill Gates.

Let me tell you a little story. In "Romeo and Juliet" Romeo loved a girl who didn't love him. He was heartbroken. To him the girl was every man's dreams until he met the beautiful Juliet who fell immediately in love with him. Guess what? Juliet was even more beautiful than the first girl. So, cheer up. I understand how you feel. You are yourself a lot of ladies dream man just that you don't know.

(1) (Reply)

Photo! Having Sex With Messi Was Like Having It With A Dead Body” – Model / Whats The Craziest Message You Mistakenly Sent To The Wrong Person? / Happy Weekend Let Play A Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.